Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old King (Cole)
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Tanner = Sun Bed
      His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Trip = The light fantastic
        His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
          Would the likes of that helicopter not have fly bling by default?

Ridiculous machines, must be the most deadly mode of transport after the car, if not even worse.
          Helicopters are 88x more deadly per hour than cars.
          Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
          That's amazing. Usually eyewitness reports of aviation incidents are very poor.

Motorbike and chopper are about equal, hour for hour.
          Interesting

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
          Went to see The Lieutenant of Inishmore this evening. Entertaining and hilarious with some cracking young Irish talent, do go see it.
          Where is that on? Been meaning to see it.

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
          WASPy american men have some stupid names. Just a sample of what i've encountered the last while: Addison, Tanner, Parker, Preston, Cole, Wyatt, Trip.

My friend worked in recruiting for Bank of America and has seen some all time classics. he got an application for call centre in atlanta and her name was "La-a" thought it was strange to have some sort of hawaiian there. How it was pronounced was actually "la dash a"
          That’s excellent, reminds me of the conversation about a girl who said their friend called their baby “why voney” she got a text that a friend called their baby Yvonne.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
            Tanner = Sun Bed
            Parker by the Tanner.

A lot of those names are already Liberty Speak.

Like Wyatt. What are ya at?
            Addison . In the Coombe .
            Preston ironed for you missus.
            TRIP- the bus to Crumlin.

Apologies to Eamo and my other cornyphobic friends.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
              Old King (Cole)
              Nat?

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                    WASPy american men have some stupid names. Just a sample of what i've encountered the last while: Addison, Tanner, Parker, Preston, Cole, Wyatt, Trip.

My friend worked in recruiting for Bank of America and has seen some all time classics. he got an application for call centre in atlanta and her name was "La-a" thought it was strange to have some sort of hawaiian there. How it was pronounced was actually "la dash a"
                    Call bullshit on your mate, that meme was doing the rounds plenty over the years
                    airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Rahenyrhythm View Post
                      Richie? And Frances married Tommy T? I knows ya - just a bit !!!
                      Haha, that's mad. Yes. Frances is my Mam.
                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Going back down the years there with Lazare, and the posts above re nicknames, brings me back to some nicknames of local lads in Raheny when I was a boy (Raheny was not at all as genteel as it is now). There was a Mikilo, a Daisy, a Minkel, a Chinko.. I'm sure lots of others. The actual names of the ones I mentioned (well, apart from Minkel) can be easily enough guessed...

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                          Motorbike and chopper are about equal, hour for hour.
                          I'd be inclined to think that makes helicopters far more dangerous though. The number of motorcycle deaths is inflated with drunks, mentalists and suicides. Only anecdotal but literally every person that I knew who died off a motorcycle was locked at the time. And the few near death injuries were by people who routinely ride at multiples of the speed limit.
                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

This was one of the lads from work 3 years ago

Boyne was stopped by police at Cronk ny Mona on the Mountain Road in Douglas at 11.55am.

Officers reported that he had glazed eyes, smelt of alcohol, was unsteady on his feet, and slurring his words.

He failed a roadside breathalyser test and was arrested on suspicion of drink-driving and taken to police headquarters.

A further breathalyser test produced a reading of 103 - the legal limit is 35.
                            http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cf...earchyear=2017

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                Started watch two shows this week... Picard and the Witcher.

Picard is lovely, a slip back into TNG. Very enjoyable.

The Witcher. Seen 4 episodes and have no idea what the fuck is going on. Seems kind of enjoyable in a very abstract sort of way. Most of the characters seems despicable in one way or another.
                                I've started watching Future Man, it's pretty enjoyable so far, although definitely not high brow.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                  This was one of the lads from work 3 years ago

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cf...earchyear=2017
                                  Smelt?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                    First comment was “gets all her clothes at baby GAAP”. 10/10

Honorable mentions...
                                    “It’s accrual world”

“ I bet he’s well adjusted”

Comment

Comment

Started watch two shows this week... Picard and the Witcher.

Picard is lovely, a slip back into TNG. Very enjoyable.

The Witcher. Seen 4 episodes and have no idea what the fuck is going on. Seems kind of enjoyable in a very abstract sort of way. Most of the characters seems despicable in one way or another.
                                        Ending up enjoying the witcher. it's all over the shop to start with, then slowly starts to make sense. Will be watching season 2

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                          Right Solks, I give you the working day to come up wth their nicknames if they resided in the Liberties.....
                                          Addison = Snake
                                          Tanner = Leatherface
                                          Parker = forty coats
                                          Preston = Wardrobe
                                          Cole = coalman
                                          Wyatt = Cowboy
                                          Trip = Laces

Of course more likely is you append an er/o/or y to each shortened name

Addo
                                          Tano
                                          Parkey
                                          Tony
                                          Coler
                                          Tayto
                                          Trippy
                                          Last edited by DeadParrot; 28-01-20, 12:27.
                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post
                                            I've started watching Future Man, it's pretty enjoyable so far, although definitely not high brow.
                                            future man is great criac altogether
                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Right Solks, I give you the working day to come up wth their nicknames if they resided in the Liberties.....
                                              Addo, Tanno, Parko, Presto, Coly, Wyo and Trippo
                                              Done

Comment

Next politician to stay Senior hurling needs to be beaten to death with a hurl

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                  Next politician to stay Senior hurling needs to be beaten to death with a hurl
                                                  Somwhat acceptable if they played the game at county level, everyone else GFTO

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
                                                    Somwhat acceptable if they played the game at county level, everyone else GFTO
                                                    Even less acceptable imo
                                                    You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                    World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                        I'd like to get my blood tested for Cholesterol and possible deficiencies. My doctor did it last year but it was pretty unprofessional. Is there somewhere good to do it in Dublin
                                                        Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                        Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                        Cheers, this sort of service is exactly what I was looking for. Just ordered the test, I'll post here about how I get on.
                                                        How'd you get on?

Comment

I get it done in the mater., ask for whatever you want to be tested. Need to be referred by GP but you can book it online before you ever go to your gp to speed things up.
                                                          My sexy cholesterol is the envy of the family.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                            I get it done in the mater., ask for whatever you want to be tested. Need to be referred by GP but you can book it online before you ever go to your gp to speed things up.
                                                            Is this any different to the GP taking your blood sample and sending it off?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                              How'd you get on?
                                                              They don't service Ireland.

Comment

Never thought I'd post a James Blunt Video but Jeez this is a tough listen/Watch . His dad (In the vid) apparently has stage 4 cancer. Watch it in Work. I triple dare you. JAYSUS .

Comment

Cheer on Netflix is pretty good. Stuff they have to do is crazy and some of the stunts performed is mind blowing.

The athletic skills is really high standards.
                                                                  No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                    Even less acceptable imo
                                                                    I think it’s acceptable as it would NEVER happen.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                      I'm curious about this too. My GPs office does blood tests for about half price (€30) of a regular check-up. Don't think I'd prefer to go to a hospital, as it's full of sick people, and my last dose of 'winter vomiting bug' was more than an inconvenience.
                                                                      My only concern with the GP route is the courier carrying the samples in an un-refrigerated box often for hours before they get to the pathology lab.

Comment

Cheer on Netflix is pretty good. Stuff they have to do is crazy and some of the stunts performed is mind blowing.

The athletic skills is really high standards.
                                                                        Enjoyed it as well, although probably one episode too long as some of the episodes are very repetitive.

Comment

No idea, if it's to the same place it must be the same. They just tell me to go in for it when I gave them my list of shit to look at.

You'd fast before visiting the gp to do them too?

Comment

Comment

See which Irish political parties, candidates, and ballot initiatives match your beliefs based on the 2024 issues that are most important to you.

95% labour and greens

Comment

No idea, if it's to the same place it must be the same. They just tell me to go in for it when I gave them my list of shit to look at.

Yeah, though I think that's just for your glucose levels.

Comment

Ha, that first question hints are a certain bias of the creators.

76% FG.

Comment

86% Greens
                                                                                    86% Labour
                                                                                    86% Social Democrats

FFS

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                      https://ireland.isidewith.com/

95% labour and greens
                                                                                      91% Labour=Social Democrats=Green=Workers

Comment

83% FG. Everyone else in the low 60s.

Sound about right.
                                                                                        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

91% FG
                                                                                          85% Green
                                                                                          84% Labour

Comment

Workers party 94%
                                                                                            SD 93%
                                                                                            Labour/Greens 90%

Comment

FF 93%

#back

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                Okay no-one commit a crime where this guy can be an eyewitness.

Someone who was near the Kobe crash.
                                                                                                Which is more that can be said for me. Witnessed a house burglary in progress yesterday taking a lunchtime stroll. 2 guys on foot one waiting in the car. As I walked towards the car twigging something was up the car fled away with 2 fellas still in the gaff. He probably didnt want me getting the number or a look at him.

The annoying thing was I rang it in once the 2 fellas fled the gaff and I was onto a right cow of a dispatcher which was a comedy mess of an exchange. Apparently they are civilian dispatchers nowadays and this one threatened to hang up on me if I got smart again! haha!. So bitchy bad she was that I couldnt get any help from her so hung up on her and walked off instead ringing the local guards direct.

Anyway a detective in a car turned onto the road heading towards the scene as I was already a good bit down the road continuing my walk back and thought id throw him a bone by giving the details I witnessed. He asked what car it was but im useless with makes and said I just knew it was a white car adding it was sporty!. 'Sporty' he says. Being driving for years but I couldnt tell one from another!. He said hmmm I got a report it was silver but I told him I was useless at model types but I know it was white!.

Point in civilians suck, dispatchers and witnesses alike!

Comment

91% Greens
                                                                                                  90% SD
                                                                                                  90% Labour
                                                                                                  89% Workers Party
                                                                                                  85% SF
                                                                                                  81% FG
                                                                                                  79% FF

I haven't fasted before GP blood test as don't care about cholesterol, but just read there that it's necessary for iron count test too.

Comment

91% Greens
                                                                                                    90% SD
                                                                                                    90% Labour
                                                                                                    89% Workers Party
                                                                                                    85% SF
                                                                                                    81% FG
                                                                                                    79% FF
                                                                                                    Those results don't make sense.

Comment

91% Greens
                                                                                                      90% SD
                                                                                                      90% Labour
                                                                                                      89% Workers Party
                                                                                                      85% SF
                                                                                                      81% FG
                                                                                                      79% FF

I haven't fasted before GP blood test as don't care about cholesterol, but just read there that it's necessary for iron count test too.
                                                                                                      91% Greens
                                                                                                      91% Labour
                                                                                                      89% SD
                                                                                                      89% Workers Party
                                                                                                      87% SF
                                                                                                      81% FG
                                                                                                      66% FF

I dont think mine make sense either
                                                                                                      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

It would be glorious if that prick Grealish got the boot.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post

Grealish is a shoe in and could top the poll.

I mean would you really admit to a random pollster you were planning on voting for the Grand-master of the KKK?
                                                                                                          Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

the isidewith site requires you to weight your answers properly.

Has SF above FG for me without!

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post

But but but

Sean Kyne from the Sean Kyne Party.

Do people not proofread their own bullshit anymore?

Comment

Scenes in Villa Park which is great to see considering the slack the cup competitions have been getting in the last few days.

Grealish also proving all the neigh sayers wrong, top top quality that boy!

Comment

Ha ha. Only seeing your post now Lazare. That is fucking mad ok. 6 degrees of separation? The more I learn about life, I'm beginning to think it's only two degrees. Anyway, I am a Daly, from 90, All Saints Road, on the corner of Watermill Park and All Saints. Your mam, and probably Richie (your uncle lol!) were a little bit older than me, so wouldn't have had a lot of contact. Richie might remember me, I doubt your mam would know who I was (I'm Ger, I had my long wavy hair down to my Arse in my teens!). Anyway, as I say, small world. Dunno if you have anything at all to do with Tom T, but if so, tell him I said hello!!! As you say, mad ... and lovely to meet you Lazare, even at a "distance"! 👍

Comment

Originally posted by premierstone View Post
                                                                                                                    Scenes in Villa Park which is great to see considering the slack the cup competitions have been getting in the last few days.

Grealish also proving all the neigh sayers wrong, top top quality that boy!
                                                                                                                    How badly we could do with him and Rice.

Comment

...

Comment

How badly we could do with him and Rice.
                                                                                                                        With the 'prospects' we have coming up top, it could have been very exciting indeed!

Comment

You have got to admire the audacity and ridiculousness of the gobshite in chief's Middle east peace plan.

You surrender in total, give up all your demands oh and as a bonus prize we will take all the water from the Jordan and in return we will offer a vague promise of el dorado.
                                                                                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X