Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

This poor guy was the centre of a tweet storm last night.
    Ended up tweeting an apology for something he said off hand years ago
    Kinda pathetic of whomever dug out the tweet from years ago. Keyboard warriors being so self righteous.
    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Glorious 'Tache aside, the fucking brass neck on this fucking cunt
        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Sign says No Immigrants - they're allowed one
          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Comment

lunchtime fun
              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

lunchtime fun
                SPOILER
                half baked
                2 steps forward one step back
                london underground
                wet behind the ears
                ???
                7 seas
                mother in law
                unfinished symphony
                ?
                ?

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                  SPOILER
                  half baked
                  london underground
                  wet behind the ears
                  Don’t look back in anger
                  7 seas
                  mother in law
                  unfinished symphony
                  All 4 one and one 4 all

?
                  Missing the last one
                  His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                      SPOILER
                      half baked
                      london underground
                      wet behind the ears
                      ???
                      7 seas
                      mother in law
                      unfinished symphony
                      ?
                      ?
                      Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                      second last is presumably something like:

SPOILER
                      all for one and one for all.

Or some wording of that kind.
                      SPOILER
                      Don't look back in anger is 5th

10 Downing street is last

Profit before people.

Comment

Glorious 'Tache aside
                        Has history taught you nothing? There's no aside in politics for a glorious 'tache. You were even moved to capitalise the "t" in 'tache such is its power, vigour, and forward thinking splendour.

A fact not lost on the Willy O'Deas, departing Finian McGraths, and Mary Lou McDonalds of our isle.

I'd like to advocate for John Bowler. He is 74 and for many years owned Fat Face Fenner's Falloon bar in Hermosa Beach. He was a Navy journalist in Vietnam during the war, no mention of how he kept his notebook dry.

In an interview in 2013 while running again for Hermosa Beach council John said:
                        “Hermosa’s addictive. Most of us came here to start over. Everybody just took you at face value then.”
                        So John Bowler is a strong advocate of taking people at face value who come to a place to start over, and what better way to take someone at face value than starting with the colour of their face.

Here's the bould Bowler in his own words:
                        Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Please support John Bowler and the heroes of the Irish Freedom Party, which you can donate to here. That they couldn't even get their registration papers right that they submitted for the European Elections and had to run as independents should in no way suggest a lack of ability to administrate at the highest levels of political office. For any doubters or naysayers I refer you once again to the aforementioned moustache.

John Bowler #1.

Comment

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 27-01-20, 14:36.

Comment

This is more Establishment condescension.

Fat Face Fenners Falloon was sold by John Bowler in 2002, fully 10 years before the quoted Tripadvisor review quoted by Hitch.

This is not a time for satire. Not when our country is in the grip of such a crime wave. We need real solutions. The Irish freedom Party has them. To wit...

Tackling serious crime
                              Ireland is in the grip of a violent crime wave that has some communities living in fear. Under the political establishment, drug gangs are terrorising areas of the country and carrying out some of the most barbaric violent crimes the country has ever witnessed.

The Irish Freedom Party views this crime wave as a national emergency and will take appropriate action. Many of our Gardaí are ill equipped to deal with this particular type of crime and need to be supported. We believe the army should be deployed to patrol the most sensitive areas to back up our Gardaí and bring reassurance to communities.

Comment

There was never any Luas type attacks when the army carried folk to town during the bus strikes. Put the old lady's purse back kid, Or I'll blow your fucking head clean off. .

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                  10 Downing St can also be Crossing The Street, shirley?
                                  No, The x would need to be inside the ST for that. 10 Downing is excellent

Comment

I think this is probably the first time I've really enjoyed a jockeycam video

Fullscreen and up close recommended

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Who do people reckon will do best in the debate tonight?

Notwithstanding the fact that I'll be abroad for the election my constituency (Dublin Bay North) has gone from a group of death to a damp squib.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                        I think this is probably the first time I've really enjoyed a jockeycam video

Fullscreen and up close recommended

That’s a super jockeycam

Comment

That's amazing

Comment

Grew up in St Annes (Raheny), right in front of the Park (on All Saints road). Lived there for 29 years until I got married. Always a magical, nearly sacred place to me (the sea, the causeway, the park etc). Although it was a Corpo estate... Entirely possible, Lazare, I knew your folks but no point going into the "did you know X" etc stuff. My best mate, Joe O Leary - his Da, Eugene, was one of the founders of Raheny Shamrocks - of Dick Hooper etc fame. Small world indeed. Whenever I can, which is not often, I drive up there and stroll the Causeway, the Park, Dollymount etc... there 'y are now ... 😊

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Rahenyrhythm View Post
                                                  Grew up in St Annes (Raheny), right in front of the Park (on All Saints road). Lived there for 29 years until I got married. Always a magical, nearly sacred place to me (the sea, the causeway, the park etc). Although it was a Corpo estate... Entirely possible, Lazare, I knew your folks but no point going into the "did you know X" etc stuff. My best mate, Joe O Leary - his Da, Eugene, was one of the founders of Raheny Shamrocks - of Dick Hooper etc fame. Small world indeed. Whenever I can, which is not often, I drive up there and stroll the Causeway, the Park, Dollymount etc... there 'y are now ... 😊
                                                  It's a lovely place. I'd move there tomorrow if the wife would.

My family were Costellos on Watermill Park.
                                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Okay no-one commit a crime where this guy can be an eyewitness.

Someone who was near the Kobe crash.
                                                    Would love to think that guy is just the Leonardo da Vinci of bullshit artistry.

Comment

Three letters in a row today from the hospital. One for an appointment for the pre-op heart scan, one with the surgeon, and one with aneasteologist. Why for the love of god would I need a meeting with an aneasteologist?
                                                      Before I had my section I was seen by a cardiologist who said I didn't have a hole in my heart and then the anesthesiologist. He checked me and could hear my heart issue as plain as day. These guys can spot things that others can miss. I knew since birth that I had a hole in my heart and has been confirmed by more than one Doctor. Very standard to get a anesthesiologist to check you before an Op. I would be more worried if I didn't.

Comment

Swoon at the cheeky grin. Like a farmer driving away from Dublin after a day blocking the roads or a Healy Rae heading away after tilting the stuffed shirts with a chat show appearance

Comment

Started watch two shows this week... Picard and the Witcher.

Picard is lovely, a slip back into TNG. Very enjoyable.

The Witcher. Seen 4 episodes and have no idea what the fuck is going on. Seems kind of enjoyable in a very abstract sort of way. Most of the characters seems despicable in one way or another.
                                                          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post

Swoon at the cheeky grin. Like a farmer driving away from Dublin after a day blocking the roads or a Healy Rae heading away after tilting the stuffed shirts with a chat show appearance

FYP

Great picture

Full size worth a look IMO
                                                            SPOILER

Comment

Comment

Would the likes of that helicopter not have fly bling by default?

Ridiculous machines, must be the most deadly mode of transport after the car, if not even worse.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post

Yeah he doesnt seem to give a fuck about anything. 21 years old. Hes like a 30 year old with a world of experience behind him. Hopefully it's not another Mauride Fitz situation where we get a gifted footballer during the lean years cos he deserves multiple all Irelands even at this early stage of his career.

Comment

Okay no-one commit a crime where this guy can be an eyewitness.

Someone who was near the Kobe crash.
                                                                    That's amazing. Usually eyewitness reports of aviation incidents are very poor.

Would the likes of that helicopter not have fly bling by default?

Ridiculous machines, must be the most deadly mode of transport after the car, if not even worse.
                                                                    Motorbike and chopper are about equal, hour for hour.

Comment

Went to see The Lieutenant of Inishmore this evening. Entertaining and hilarious with some cracking young Irish talent, do go see it.

Comment

RBB getting the loudest applause here.

Labour not appealing at all. Eamon Ryan definitely the most sincere.
                                                                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Fine Gael the election bonanza party again this year after promising us they were going to scrap USC last time they're going to slash income tax this time around.

Comment

I think Ryan is wiping the floor with all of them.
                                                                            Mary Lou is an appalling bully

Comment

There is no liquidity in the market but Greens 9.5 seats was 1.85 this morning with about 1500 matched around that mark, they were matched for 60 at 1.28 tonight

Comment

I think Ryan is wiping the floor with all of them.
                                                                                Mary Lou is an appalling bully
                                                                                Richard Boyd Barrett is the best by a mile.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                  Rbb is only shouting out the old facts that we know about
                                                                                  Has not offered any kind of policy’s going forward as he is only against everything and not for anything

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

How are Leo and Martin coming off against each other?
                                                                                        Micheal Martin very ineffective tonight I think. He hasn't finished a point all night between Claire and Mary Lou cutting him off. Varadkar landing a few blows on him also.

Comment

How did the greens whiff the climate change question so badly? Fucking hell

Comment

Micheal Martin very ineffective tonight I think. He hasn't finished a point all night between Claire and Mary Lou cutting him off. Varadkar landing a few blows on him also.
                                                                                            The nutter line was pretty deftly handled by Leo

Comment

The nutter line was pretty deftly handled by Leo
                                                                                              Yeah very good.

Comment

[IMG]https://miro.medium.com/max/552/1*RSuZC5ZglLe7zyVcYcrmBA.jpeg[/IMG]

As always with him the question is :

Is he delusional to the point of mental illness and actually believes the nonsense he spouts or is he deeply and ruthlessly cynical and willing to say whatever the type of voter who would be stupid enough to vote for him wants to hear.

Comment

How did the greens whiff the climate change question so badly? Fucking hell
                                                                                                  I don't think he did, he addressed the particular issue that was asked and was reassuring to the beef farmers who won't vote for them anyway.

Comment

I don't think he did, he addressed the particular issue that was asked and was reassuring to the beef farmers who won't vote for them anyway.
                                                                                                    He probably gains more credit for telling the truth than the rest of them with their 'everything's fine' answers re:beef. As you said, loses little from farmers.

Comment

I thought Leo and Eamonn Ryan were the big winners there. Mary Lou was just shouting over the others but got a couple of good one liners in. Michael Martin talked a lot but said nothing, Mary Lou and Claire B wouldnt let him get a word in anyway, no harm, other 2 might as well have not shown up.
                                                                                                      Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

As someone who would be inclined to vote SD and Labour it was painful to watch the performance of the two aged leaders. Shortall looked like a nervous person at a job interview spouting generalities to no effect.

Leo looked like he still hasn't got over his recent illness. Mind you the probability of that gobshite Martin becoming leader would make anyone look ill. Still looked in a different class to the rest of the them. I have very high regard for Leo.

Martin did nothing to deserve becoming leader.

Ryan good as usual. RBB did his thing as well as he usually does.

Mary Lou was nasty as times with her Tweedle Dum Tweedle Dee remark, but made the best case for a genuine alternative.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                          As someone who would be inclined to vote SD and Labour it was painful to watch the performance of the two aged leaders. Shortall looked like a nervous person at a job interview spouting generalities to no effect.

Leo looked like he still hasn't got over his recent illness. Mind you the probability of that gobshite Martin becoming leader would make anyone look ill. Still looked in a different class to the rest of the them. I have very high regard for Leo.

Martin did nothing to deserve becoming leader.

Ryan good as usual. RBB did his thing as well as he usually does.

Mary Lou was nasty as times with her Tweedle Dum Tweedle Dee remark, but made the best case for a genuine alternative.
                                                                                                          Poorly judged that one I think. The one about the fella who wrecked the economy on one side and the fiscal conservative building the world's most expensive hospital on the other was a good one though.

Comment

As you said, they won't vote for the greens anyway.
                                                                                                            The Greens need a nice photogenic ARTICULATE talking head to bring it back to their ball park on all points and scoop up all the second preferences. Everyone wants to vote green but they can't if they aren't seduced

Comment

John Bowler would have wiped the floor with the lot of them. Just saying.

Comment

WASPy american men have some stupid names. Just a sample of what i've encountered the last while: Addison, Tanner, Parker, Preston, Cole, Wyatt, Trip.

My friend worked in recruiting for Bank of America and has seen some all time classics. he got an application for call centre in atlanta and her name was "La-a" thought it was strange to have some sort of hawaiian there. How it was pronounced was actually "la dash a"

Comment

Richie? And Frances married Tommy T? I knows ya - just a bit !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                                                                                    WASPy american men have some stupid names. Just a sample of what i've encountered the last while: Addison, Tanner, Parker, Preston, Cole, Wyatt, Trip.
                                                                                                                    Right Solks, I give you the working day to come up wth their nicknames if they resided in the Liberties.....

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                                      Right Solks, I give you the working day to come up wth their nicknames if they resided in the Liberties.....
                                                                                                                      Earp for Wyatt anyway
                                                                                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Road (Trip)

Comment

(Preston) North End

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X