Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
    What on earth is going on with that 5 card Omaha thread
    I'm looking forward to seeing how it develops tbh

Comment

Subscribe to Skratch for more: http://bit.ly/SkratchSubAdventures in Golf, presented by United, heads back to Australia for possibly the most unique and daun...

If you watch it you might feel like listening to this after:

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
        We've had our fair share of monkey nuts in here, remember that guy who tried to impress everyone with a fake taste in obscure movies and a fake baby..
        That was the maddest.

Then DBC, remember him.
        A.C.E but what was he called originally. That was some fucked up shit
        His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Mahoney something?

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

We've had our fair share of monkey nuts in here, remember that guy who tried to impress everyone with a fake taste in obscure movies and a fake baby..
              That was the maddest.

Then DBC, remember him.
              And then there was me
              Her sky-ness
              © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                Remember PeaceAndFire. She hasn't gone away obvs lol.

Saying that, no idea if shes also the OP, bit mad tbf
                She is the OP.

Comment

YouGov MRP (the biggest baddest opinion poll) has bits of both cheese and meat in it - estimating 339 Tory seats with a low point of 311.
                  Was estimating 20 seats more 2 weeks ago.
                  Huge amount of seats (on all sides) with <3% difference.

Comment

Also heartening to hear the Liverpool fans taking some time out from Allez Allez and YNWA for a few renditions of Oooohhh, Jeremy Corbyn.

Never Vote Tory, Never Forget.

Comment

Originally posted by poeticseraphim View Post
                      She is the OP.
                      Stop talking to yourself then ya mad cunt

Also, welcome back

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                        YouGov MRP (the biggest baddest opinion poll) has bits of both cheese and meat in it - estimating 339 Tory seats with a low point of 311.
                        Was estimating 20 seats more 2 weeks ago.
                        Huge amount of seats (on all sides) with <3% difference.
                        Settle in for the long haul Thurs evening so. I think the Brits get through their counts very fast.

Then start the salami munching.
                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

She's been making the same accusations on another message board I'm a part of. Myself and another user shared a link to IPB to show that she was banned from here for the exact same thing.

We were subsequently banned for posting "personal information" because it included the Twitter post she said was hers. She keeps reporting us so that she can cover her tracks.

Comment

Only you would know what a seraphim is. Fuck off please.
                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Kornage en route

Comment

Only you would know what a seraphim is. Fuck off please.
                                It's her username on the other message board I'm from.

Comment

Mods, can we please get rid of this person asap. She falsely accused a family man, a good man, of sexual assault in here. The most serious thing that can be levelled at a person.

She's dangerous.

Comment

Comment

Mods, can we please get rid of this person asap. She falsely accused a family man, a good man, of sexual assault in here. The most serious thing that can be levelled at a person.

She's dangerous.
                                      As I pointed out above. She's doing it on our board above.
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I'm just warning this board that she is back.. "AP" is her username and possibly has another that I don't know of.

Comment

I know I'm blonde but fuck me I'm very confused here
                                            Her sky-ness
                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Dom, is there an ip ban you can do or something?

Seriously. She's not just a simple head wrecker, this is a dangerous human being.

Comment

From screen shots iv just been sent I hope for you're sake you ain't P&F slating a good friend of mine for harassment.
                                                Her sky-ness
                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                  In 2017 I think, she accused that dice fellow of some stuff.

In 2019, she accused a user on my message board of the same thing. He found this board and linked it as evidence that she does this regularly. He got banned. Then she denied it all. I reposted it an got banned.

Before I was banned, she said she was still a user here and that she wasn't banned for false accusations. Now I'm here to find out the real truth. I suspect she's a compulsive liar that gets off on ruining folks reputations.

I can link to my post history if anyone wants to read the arguments.

Ps.. I am a poker play albeit American.

Comment

In 2017 I think, she accused that dice fellow of some stuff.

In 2019, she accused a user on my message board of the same thing. He found this board and linked it as evidence that she does this regularly. He got banned. Then she denied it all. I reposted it an got banned.

Before I was banned, she said she was still a user here and that she wasn't banned for false accusations. Now I'm here to find out the real truth. I suspect she's a compulsive liar that gets off on ruining folks reputations.

I can link to my post history if anyone wants to read the arguments.

Ps.. I am a poker play albeit American.
                                                    Yoir point being?

Kindly fuck off this forum and delete your posts mentioning a friend of mine, how's that!
                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

I do not claim ownership of this video. All rights belong to the respective copyright owners Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976...

Comment

Modern art..

Comment

I'm just warning this board that she is back.. "AP" is her username and possibly has another that I don't know of.
                                                          BTW why would you use her profiler pic, it's baffling.

Her / you also tried to add me on fb last week. I'm sure mods can check your IP american address also.......
                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Good to see you back in here Reggie.
                                                            Ah I never left. Just lurked a lot. Busy, haven't had as much time to post stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                              Or... come for a pint and we can ignore research and just sip and exchange opinions?
                                                              What date would that be on? Could an IPB football game be organised over Christmas too perhaps?

Comment

I don't know what's going on as I don't really have time to read here at the minute never mind anything much else, but if that new poster is p&f then please go away. If they aren't then warning received about the other poster AP, so please stop posting like her if you aren't.

If things are still annoying in a day or so then that new poster will be banned, bit consider this the one warning, this place is not a fair democracy. I don't have the energy to do a proper look around, nor the time right now, so if similar posting to p&f continues, I don't care if you are an entirely different person.

Comment

Hello Hitch, I am a long-term lurker here, don't post much. I would be one of the older crew here (what's older? - 60+, lets say). I am retired from full-time career, but still in paid part-time employment. I have a vague sense of the type of person you are from reading your posts over many years - this is in no way any kind of judgement, just an impression, and it could be completely wrong. You have a wife/partner and young child(renn). My impression is that you are an extremely smart, risk-seeking person who gets bored easily and likes a challenge. All fairly obvious you might say. You are trying to decide between a stable, but possibly "boring" future in France, and a (much?) less stable but possibly more materially rewarding future in Dublin. It seems, from what you say, your wife/partner is not unhappy where you are, and your kids are very happy where you are. There are financial implications of going vs staying based on your assumptions/knowledge of the various factors involved. The decision on what do do seems to be entirely in your hands - I don't have an impression that your wife/partner and kids have any say in the decision - but I could be wrong. You want someone to tell you to take the option you clearly prefer, ie move back to Dublin; but only you can make his decision. So, I think you have your kind made up and just want some kind of validation of your decision (?) ... But I could be entirely wrong on this, and the above is simply my way if reframing what I think you've said. I have huge admiration for you, and what you've achieved, and what you've conquered - based solely on what I've read here over 15 years or so. None of which, of course, might reflect your real personality, views, or life experiences. But I'm guessing you're very honest in what you post here. Anyway, I'm starting to ramble so I'll stop now. I can't advise you, or anyone, on what life decisions to make but maybe reading the above will be some kind of help -or not - on the journey to a decision. Please excuse any typos, I'm just writing this in one go as a reaction to reading your post a little while ago. Whatever you decide, I wish you the very best of luck with it.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                    It's not just you!
                                                                    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                      The best argument that school is failing children is that some educated people don't see the value of Shakespeare.
                                                                      I’d consider not understanding the difference between value and relative value to be the greater failing. Although I hold on the Poker boards as much to blame as the education system.

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 11-12-19, 09:46.

Comment

@Kayroo, check your PMs pls

Comment

Anyone on here ever try that football index site?

Seems a decent idea and good reviews on trustpilot

Apparently the guys who got in early made a bit of a killing on the likes of Neymar, £1.20 a share to £60 odd as it got more popular

I'd imagine it involves buying football manager, letting it run for a couple of seasons and seeing who is good

Comment

@Hitch - given you will be making much more $$$ if you move home, I think some of your healthcare-related worries might be somewhat overblown? It's not like you'll be moving home to rely solely on the public health system, you'll obviously be getting a top-level family health plan as part of your €500/month estimate and as such should really lessen your concerns.

Also, while you mentioned immediate family, you didn't include any info on either you or your wife's wider family. Would moving to Dublin mean better access for grandparents, uncles and aunts, cousins? If so, that would be a decent benefit to consider IMHO.

Comment

If you do move back to Dublin (and I realise this is a very personal question but hey you share everything ) - will you find it harder to control your binging impulses here?
                                                                                Given greater access to booze, drugs and all-round general debauchery in Dublin vs Rennes

Serious question as this I feel is your biggest issue in life and the one that will likely fuck up your otherwise rosy future.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                  Anyone on here ever try that football index site?

Seems a decent idea and good reviews on trustpilot

Apparently the guys who got in early made a bit of a killing on the likes of Neymar, £1.20 a share to £60 odd as it got more popular

I'd imagine it involves buying football manager, letting it run for a couple of seasons and seeing who is good
                                                                                  The site exists to clean up from people who THINK they understand football.

An example of something who you might make money on is Graeme Souness recently.

He was in a lot of media things after his comments about Gay Footballers. Therefore he's get a share price rise out of that.

It's a farce site (and I'm saying that as part of the parent company of Opta who provide data to Football Index)

Comment

Trying to come up with reasons for moving to Dublin is a tough ask these days

Property, education healthcare etc. would like most of the social and economic factors likely turn out to be close enough calls when you weigh everything up. The absolute killer in Dublin is the apallingly pisspoor public transport, the even worse cycling infrastructure and the 0% chance that anyone in power will consider doing the obvious things that could be done to solve it.

On the other hand if this is where wife and kids want to be then that should trump everything else.
                                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Modern art..

i think its a "Insta 360 One" camera the camera records 360 and then in editing you pick the view you want when turning it from 360 to a single normal 90. The software is pretty cool and filters the pole its on from the shot so you never really see it just the persons hand hold
                                                                                      That's cool, nver heard of that before.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                          If you do move back to Dublin (and I realise this is a very personal question but hey you share everything ) - will you find it harder to control your binging impulses here?
                                                                                          Given greater access to booze, drugs and all-round general debauchery in Dublin vs Rennes

Serious question as this I feel is your biggest issue in life and the one that will likely fuck up your otherwise rosy future.
                                                                                          I was going to say much the same thing, and couldn't think of any nice way of putting it. I'm assuming the job here will be in Trinity, and I still associate the place and the general area with too many opportunities for debauchery.

Having said that, if the wife might be happier here it's probably worth the risk. ( fuck your kids having any say in the matter!)
                                                                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                            Yeah! I'm just not sure if a nice holiday visit when everything is sunny is the best reason to make that decision. Don't mind, just trying to work out if thats really the best thing.
                                                                                            With the possibility of ruining a holiday spot, bring them in January and get them out in a bus queue or traffic during lashing rain, evening peak hours

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                Trying to come up with reasons for moving to Dublin is a tough ask these days

Property, education healthcare etc. would like most of the social and economic factors likely turn out to be close enough calls when you weigh everything up. The absolute killer in Dublin is the apallingly pisspoor public transport, the even worse cycling infrastructure and the 0% chance that anyone in power will consider doing the obvious things that could be done to solve it.

On the other hand if this is where wife and kids want to be then that should trump everything else.
                                                                                                if you can choose the right location, even with the generally substandard transport infrastructure, then it is fine i.e be near DART and or LUAS

I think it's in our nature to run the place down but all in all, I think Dublin is a great city.

Comment

...

Comment

Dublin is... grand. I enjoyed it while I lived there although the last couple of years the place became more and more of a drudgery, but Christ I can't imagine how much uplift it would take to get me to move back there.

Comment

Dublin is... grand. I enjoyed it while I lived there although the last couple of years the place became more and more of a drudgery, but Christ I can't imagine how much uplift it would take to get me to move back there.
                                                                                                      Really? What makes you say that?

Comment

The PM hiding in a fridge from Good morning Britain, lads if this was parody you'd say the writers are making things too unrealistic
                                                                                                        During a live broadcast on ITV's Good Morning Britain, an aide to Boris Johnson seemingly mouthed 'oh for fuck's sake' when approached by a reporter.Subscrib...
                                                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                          Really? What makes you say that?
                                                                                                          I hear this type of thing a lot from people who are trying to justify their decisions to move away to themselves. Not a go at Keane at all but ive heard similar comments from friends family etc who moved away and suddenly were very negative about Dublin despite loving it when they lived here. i'd be in the RDII camp, its nowhere near as bad as people make out, certainly in comparison to other capital cities.

Comment

Originally posted by NoRiverRequired View Post
                                                                                                            I hear this type of thing a lot from people who are trying to justify their decisions to move away to themselves. Not a go at Keane at all but ive noticed this type of thing a bit with friends family etc. i'd be in the RDII camp, its nowhere near as bad as people make out, certainly in comparison to other capital cities.
                                                                                                            I wouldn't see it in terms of 'justifying myself' tbh. I found as I had lived in Dublin for years there were things about it that were more and more red line versus how I pictured my lifestyle. I cultivated an opportunity to move to ameliorate those issues and now have a lifestyle that I prefer, as planned.

I don't make Dublin out to be terrible but accommodation and traffic are certainly about as bad as you could expect in a wealthy western democracy. Does it have great amenities to make up for those fairly serious issues? I can't really think of much in Dublin that I miss on a regular basis having moved away.

What do you think is particularly good about it?

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                                @Kayroo, check your PMs pls
                                                                                                                All sorted Dobby, thanks again
                                                                                                                You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                                World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                                  There is very little to do in Dublin as a family and without a car.
                                                                                                                  that's bollix

Comment

Restaurants, bars, culture, vibrancy, multi-cultural

All thing the things that probably scared a poor culchie like yourself away

Comment

what we should do now is find a 'world's best cities list' that justifies our pre-canned opinions

Comment

I wouldn't see it in terms of 'justifying myself' tbh. I found as I had lived in Dublin for years there were things about it that were more and more red line versus how I pictured my lifestyle. I cultivated an opportunity to move to ameliorate those issues and now have a lifestyle that I prefer, as planned.

I don't make Dublin out to be terrible but accommodation and traffic are certainly about as bad as you could expect in a wealthy western democracy. Does it have great amenities to make up for those fairly serious issues? I can't really think of much in Dublin that I miss on a regular basis having moved away.

Off top of my head;

Dublin positives (which are significantly better than other towns/"cities" in Ireland)

- Employment opportunities
                                                                                                                        - Education options
                                                                                                                        - Nightlife/entertainment
                                                                                                                        - Endless high quality dining out options
                                                                                                                        - Access to major sporting events
                                                                                                                        - Culture museums, galleries, theatre
                                                                                                                        - diversity
                                                                                                                        -Easy access to almost anywhere via Dublin airport. See friends regulraly having to drive 3 hours home after long flights, makes me shudder

Dublin Negatives
                                                                                                                        -Dubs
                                                                                                                        -Traffic, but no worse than Galway for example, in my experience
                                                                                                                        - Accommodation, yes its a shit show but having lived in Sydney and London maybe im just used to it

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X