Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seriously though are people here seriously shocked this kind of thing is going on?
    The world is never going to run out of marks if so

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
      I notice the Mosconi seems to on a few weeks earlier than usual this year (i.e. it just started an hour ago). Just in case you still watch it.

The purple 5ball and black/yellow 9ball has me discombobulated as well.
      ...When did they change the 5 ball from Orange to Purple?...And yeah the 9ball looks terrible... Still miss the Strickland Davis rivalry...

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
        I notice the Mosconi seems to on a few weeks earlier than usual this year (i.e. it just started an hour ago). Just in case you still watch it.

The purple 5ball and black/yellow 9ball has me discombobulated as well.
        Jaysus and Earl the pearl only came up.in a conversation over a game of pool in work earlier. Weird timing. Thanks for the heads up

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
          ...When did they change the 5 ball from Orange to Purple?...And yeah the 9ball looks terrible... Still miss the Strickland Davis rivalry...
          Jeremy Jones said something about people complaning the pink 4 and orange 5 were too similar on the tv screen. That the blue 2 and the purple 5 are now basically identical didn't occur to him.
          Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 25-11-19, 23:23.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

I was on River Island's website and saw they have to size xxxxxxl. Jesus I thought, that's some amount of x's, I've never seen so many. Went Googling, adding an x in incredulity every time I got hits.

There's even an online shop called 12xlstore. I haven't Googled beyond 12 x's...okay just did, yep they have that too. I'm stopping now. To think I used to be impressed by xxxl.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                I was on River Island's website and saw they have to size xxxxxxl. Jesus I thought, that's some amount of x's, I've never seen so many. Went Googling, adding an x in incredulity every time I got hits.

There's even an online shop called 12xlstore. I haven't Googled beyond 12 x's...okay just did, yep they have that too. I'm stopping now. To think I used to be impressed by xxxl.
                Tbf River Islands S,M and L clothing is pretty tragic also

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                  Running some of the "great deals" on amazon thru CamelCamelCamel is a bit of craic alright
                  FFS, having put in biggest % drop in price I have now bought a smart reusable notebook that you put in the microwave to clear. I didn't know smart notebooks existed until just now. And deal it pointed to didn't deliver to Ireland so I bought a nondeal one.

If I had a less refined sense of humour I would say it's enough to give one the hump.

Comment

Just astounding these fucking gobshites are gonna win
                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                      Think I'm visiting Dublin in about two weeks for work. Will be going with an Iranian guy. Is there any decent Iranian restaurants in Dublin?
                      Does he only eat Persian food?

There's a few Arabic places but I don't think I've come across a specifically Persian one.
                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Zaytoons obvs
                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

FFS, having put in biggest % drop in price I have now bought a smart reusable notebook that you put in the microwave to clear. I didn't know smart notebooks existed until just now. And deal it pointed to didn't deliver to Ireland so I bought a nondeal one.

If I had a less refined sense of humour I would say it's enough to give one the hump.
                          Fuck you anyway I'm looking at one for £150 now

Comment

Think I'm visiting Dublin in about two weeks for work. Will be going with an Iranian guy. Is there any decent Iranian restaurants in Dublin?
                            Cant speak for the Iranian guy, but if he was bringing me to Iran I wouldn't be looking for an the best irish restaurant in Iran, which is still gonna be substandard to what I'm used to?
                            airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

Just astounding these fucking gobshites are gonna win
                              More astounding is that it's the daily mail ratting them out and their still gonna win.

Although, I think labour are about to have a push in polls

Comment

Zaytoon at least bears a passing resemblance to what you would get in a typical Iranian restaurant.

Had a middle eastern brunch thing called a Sabich which was some eggs in a pitta with lots of nice pickles and aubergine at a place called the Good Egg in London, top class stuff.
                                Good Middle eastern food is scarce in Dublin.
                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Comment

Comment

Some questions that those of you who travel often to London might be able to answer:

There's a flight from Dublin to London City Airport next Monday, departing 8.50 arriving 10.25. On the Dublin side, what time should I be walking though the doors into Departures? On the London side, assuming we arrive on time, what time will we hit the taxi rank (no luggage)?

Our meeting is scheduled to finish in nearby Stratford (25 min drive according to Google) at 4; more than enough time to get back to airport to catch 18.05 flight, right?

Just wanted to double check before pulling the trigger on those flights.

Comment

Currently zooming north to Edinburgh on a train. probably cost a few quid more than flying and will take much the same time door to door but this is just such a great way to travel.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                          Some questions that those of you who travel often to London might be able to answer:

There's a flight from Dublin to London City Airport next Monday, departing 8.50 arriving 10.25. On the Dublin side, what time should I be walking though the doors into Departures? On the London side, assuming we arrive on time, what time will we hit the taxi rank (no luggage)?

Our meeting is scheduled to finish in nearby Stratford (25 min drive according to Google) at 4; more than enough time to get back to airport to catch 18.05 flight, right?

Mondays are busy ish. Hit Dublin security for about 7:30. I'd actually go a little later but would be afraid to advise it!
                                          It takes about 2 mins to get from plane at LCY to the train platform. Last time I was there I was coming down plane steps at 5:15, was in Camden by 6 o clock.

Return journey sounds like enough time but I haven't a clue about London driving. But getting through Lcy security etc is quick and painless so you should be fine.

Not sure how much that helps but in absence of better info
                                          airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post

You might need an hour and a half to get to the gate in Dublin at that time. They make you go in through T2 because its aer lingus but the gate will either be the far end of T1 or else you get bussed off to somewhere the far side of Balbriggan to meet the plane!

LCY end is a breeze, train should be easier than a car and 4 will be plenty of time on the way back.

Comment

Last year went to check in at LCY and realised had left my passport in hotel Safe. Had time to get tube back for it and still make the plane on time. Its a different experience altogether to the huge airports.
                                              Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                              https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                You might need an hour and a half to get to the gate in Dublin at that time. They make you go in through T2 because its aer lingus but the gate will either be the far end of T1 or else you get bussed off to somewhere the far side of Balbriggan to meet the plane!

LCY end is a breeze, train should be easier than a car and 4 will be plenty of time on the way back.
                                                Not necessarily, check beforehand
                                                airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                  Tbf River Islands S,M and L clothing is pretty tragic also
                                                  Places are all over the shop with this kinda stuff, my clothes range from XXS to L.
                                                  If you look at jean sizes they are a joke too, you can't even trust inch measurements, it's 1984.

Comment

He's been living in Germany for the last seven years, so appreciates a decent memory of home. Ah, just if there was one around that was good. Plus it ticks the halal factor, although don't think thats too big an issue for the younger generation of Iranians.
                                                    Decent memory of home eh hanging a few gays with a crane and the women dressed as ninjas.

Comment

[QUOTE=PSV58;1112374]Their not happy
                                                      [/QUOT

What a ridiculous tweet. Is there a thread, know a guy first hand who was offered chips (he turned them down) presumably by guy Hector mentioned and there have been other incidents of guys been caught with chips who still play there. I personally didn't think it mattered as they played that bad but Fitz to respond like that is horseshit.

Comment

Just a wind up, dont think thats the fitz tweeting...
                                                        airport, lol

Comment

[QUOTE=jbravado;1112406]
                                                          Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                          Their not happy
                                                          [/QUOT

What a ridiculous tweet. Is there a thread, know a guy first hand who was offered chips (he turned them down) presumably by guy Hector mentioned and there have been other incidents of guys been caught with chips who still play there. I personally didn't think it mattered as they played that bad but Fitz to respond like that is horseshit.
                                                          Ah here lol.

I doubt Borat is the PR guy for the Fitz.

Comment

Comment

Speaking of London, I was thinking of heading there next year. I see flights to LCY are about €120-€160ish.

Is it really worth paying double instead of heading to the other airports and getting tube/train/bus into the city?

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                Speaking of London, I was thinking of heading there next year. I see flights to LCY are about €120-€160ish.

Is it really worth paying double instead of heading to the other airports and getting tube/train/bus into the city?
                                                                Not at all, no. Totally depends on what part of the city you want to get to as to which airport is best, and there's not much difference anyway. I'd only go to city, heathrow or gatwick.

I generally go to Gatwick over Heathrow as you use the train instead of the the tube so you still have access to your phone/internet and so on.

Comment

V standsted, definitely. V luton or heathrow double is probably a bit much.

Anytime i go to london if LCY is 120 or less i get it. You save time and travel costs
                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

If going anywhere South of the River or central, Gatwick is a piece of piss, in and out

Comment

Shouk in Drumcondra is one of the best Middle Easterns in Dublin.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                                        It's my favourite, have gone there so much. Did an all you can eat there for €25 one time, oh jesus.

Comment

I'm over and back every week. LCY only good if you're aiming for Liverpool St or East London.
                                                                          For Central London and West London, I'd always fly through Heathrow. Express to Paddington in 15 minutes and onto tube there or you can get straight on the Piccadilly line at LHR which will bring you central too.
                                                                          Gatwick easy for South London.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                                            They poisoned me last time I was there.

Always like a mezze in The Cedar Tree myself.

Comment

They poisoned me last time I was there.

Always like a mezze in The Cedar Tree myself.
                                                                              Don't make the mistake of thinking it's a starter.

Insane portions

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                  Don't make the mistake of thinking it's a starter.

Insane portions
                                                                                  I have never actually accepted the resulting dish. Anyone who does is probably a 12xlstore shopper.

Comment

I have never actually accepted the resulting dish. Anyone who does is probably a 12xlstore shopper.
                                                                                    Had to open some buttons . Won't find anything to wear in River Island after that.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                      Zaytoons obvs
                                                                                      He said decent tbf

Comment

They seem to cost more if you book a long time in advance it's probably set up to make sure they cash in on high demand events without having to track them.
                                                                                        Recently I went for a weekend with 3 others who had paid 160 each while I booked about a month out for 75. I don't think I've ever paid more than 100.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                          He said decent tbf
                                                                                          Zaytoons is class. Just coz you got in a huff after a bouncer was gruff with you.
                                                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                            Zaytoons is class. Just coz you got in a huff after a bouncer was gruff with you.
                                                                                            Lol. Its bog standard take away after a feed of pints. Wouldnt be bringing an Iranian colleague to pass it off as decent grub

Comment

Lots of people taking posts very literally . I'm sure Andy was tongue in cheek.

Comment

Comment

I think you don't know too much about how Iranians under the age of 40 live their lives.
                                                                                                  Fab insight into the food scene in Iran, great little series of vids.

🎥 ROASTING AN OSTRICH WHOLE! » https://youtu.be/FScPZ73Cx78👕BEST EVER MERCH» http://bit.ly/BEFRSMerch 💗SUPPORT OUR MISSION» http://bit.ly/BestEverPatreon...
                                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                                                    Lots of people taking posts very literally . I'm sure Andy was tongue in cheek.
                                                                                                    Most definitely but I love a row

Comment

Mourinho hasn't taken long to make his mark.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Very interesting to hear the stories on the Fitz, fresh air is the best disinfectant for these types of issues so thanks for highlighting HJ. I’d wonder what would happen if I saw someone dump chips in a game from their hand, it’d probably just be one word against another and nothing would be done?

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                              Mourinho hasn't taken long to make his mark.

Stick to hockey m8

Comment

Depends on your end game.

Also. Fuck London.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post

Stick to hockey m8
                                                                                                                  I think I will

Comment

At least one man at Fox is still standing by El Presidente

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Comment

Finally, after 40-something years its your time to shine! 2020 is the year of the Buttigieg.

The past few weeks have been pretty good for South Bend, Indiana, Mayor Pete Buttigieg: His polls are on the upswing in Iowa, he’s getting more media coverage, …

Originally posted by 538... View Post
                                                                                                                      If Buttigieg was hoping his high debate marks would help him diversify his base of support, that hasn’t happened yet. The demographic cross-tabs in our poll show that he mainly made inroads among groups where he already enjoyed a disproportionate amount of support, like the college-educated, white voters and older voters. He had little success winning people over among groups where he has tended to struggle, like with black and Hispanic voters.

Comment

I was reading this article about our sushi superstar Jiro who incredibly, has had his 3 michelin stars stripped, and hadn't realised but Japan is the country with the most 3 star restaurants (32) ahead of France (27), way ahead of 3rd place USA on 14!

Comment

...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X