Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

It is an incredible timeline of events: https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crim...irms-1.4079636

Comment

Nearly a bicycle jam of commuters on the main drag in Rotterdam this morning, in their fully segregated and prioritised bike lanes.

Makes us look like a third world country when it comes to intelligent city design.
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Rod Stewart on the front of Railway Modeller

The singer, 74, has revealed the painstaking results of 26 years spent building a 1,500 sq ft scale replica model railway inspired by postwar Manhattan.

The meticulously re-created set, which takes up most of the third floor of his mansion in Beverly Hills, includes skyscrapers more than 5ft high with hand-painted brickwork, rubbish-strewn streets, people going about their day — and trains.

Last edited by ComradeCollie; 13-11-19, 08:54.
          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

The Irishman delivers, the anti aging stuff wasn’t that noticeable, except for when they were doing the guys in their 20s -30s and (not a spoiler) that scene where de Niro stomps on the guy outside the shop, that was the weakest old man stomping I’ve seen in a gangster movie.

Comment

That Fianna Fáil senator who nobody had heard of before twitter stuff is pretty lame, can’t imagine too many people bothered about those tweets, do Pavee point have someone full time going through old tweets or something?
              No future political careers for KevIRL and Sickpuppy I guess

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                That Fianna Fáil senator who nobody had heard of before twitter stuff is pretty lame, can’t imagine too many people bothered about those tweets, do Pavee point have someone full time going through old tweets or something?
                No future political careers for KevIRL and Sickpuppy I guess
                Nice on message regurgitation of far right talking point.
                It's almost as if when a group of people are so dehumanised that it becomes difficult to imagine that any of them might remember being debased and insulted on a public forum by a person from their community
                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                  Nice on message regurgitation of far right talking point.
                  It's almost as if when a group of people are so dehumanised that it becomes difficult to imagine that any of them might remember being debased and insulted on a public forum by a person from their community
                  Far right talking points
                  If you look at the actual tweets (the ones I’ve seen anyway) they are pretty tame, something about someone’s outfit looking like something from a travellers wedding and calling someone a knacker for stealing a car.
                  That’s a far cry from the “sterilise all knackers” kind off stuff you see in some places.
                  Maybe I haven’t read enough of the articles but this was 6 years 7 or more years ago , I really don’t think the pile on here is justified. Knacker has become a lot more taboo term in the intervening years she was using it in its general sense in that tweet
                  Last edited by Guest; 13-11-19, 10:11.

Comment

All the whiny haters from other counties whinging about how Kerry gets too much of a tourism push might want to take a leaf out of their book and stop discharging raw human shit into the sea. Seems to be the only county not at it

Comment

Far right talking points
                      If you look at the actual tweets (the ones I’ve seen anyway) they are pretty tame, something about someone’s outfit looking like something from a travellers wedding and calling someone a knacker for stealing a car.
                      That’s a far cry from the “sterilise all knackers” kind off stuff you see in some places.
                      Maybe I haven’t read enough of the articles but this was 6 years 7 or more years ago , I really don’t think the pile on here is justified. Knacker has become a lot more taboo term in the intervening years she was using it in its general sense in that tweet
                      I don't mean to perpetuate your defense of a ridiculous position but I don't think the term "knacker" has become anymore taboo since 2013-14. It was always a derogatory term

She deserves every piece of criticism for those tweets especially in light of the position she holds. She was the same age then as I am now so absolutely no excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                        I don't mean to perpetuate your defense of a ridiculous position but I don't think the term "knacker" has become anymore taboo since 2013-14. It was always a derogatory term

She deserves every piece of criticism for those tweets especially in light of the position she holds. She was the same age then as I am now so absolutely no excuse.
                        It might have always been a derogatory term but people have become a lot more careful about its use in recent years .
                        Like Jesus Christ do we really want to import this Twitter pile on shit to this country, she was a private citizen when she made those tweets, genuinely who gives a fuck?

Comment

Even when I was a kid "knacker" was a term with a way nastier edge than other pejoratives for travellers. You'd hear people calling someone a 'tinker' rather than a 'knacker' in the same way they'd call something a 'darkie' rather than a 'n*****'. It was already off-puttingly strong stuff in the early to mid 90s in Tralee, which is probably not a forerunner in the use of politically correct language.

Comment

Far right talking points
                            Yeah, I was only pulling you up because I saw that exact line on searching old tweets from a few of the usual suspects last night.

I suppose if you are not smart enough to clean up your timeline on going into politics thats the kind of shit you are going to face.
                            Would have thought its way more than 7 years since it became unacceptable but maybe not.

Comment

It might have always been a derogatory term but people have become a lot more careful about its use in recent years .
                              Like Jesus Christ do we really want to import this Twitter pile on shit to this country, she was a private citizen when she made those tweets, genuinely who gives a fuck?
                              Yes, she was a private citizen and if she remained a private citizen, nobody would care. However, when she chooses to run and then hold a position elected by the people, her very public opinions should be part of the conversation.

I know my opinion would change on a candidate if I found out they had used an abundance of derogatory terms about a minority group in an open forum.

This isn't a private conversation amongst friends which has been leaked(not condoning that either). It was a series of idiotic uses of a derogatory terms. IMO she should need to explain her position and if people choose to accept her apology then that's fine but their critique is well within the scope.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                Even when I was a kid "knacker" was a term with a way nastier edge than other pejoratives for travellers. You'd hear people calling someone a 'tinker' rather than a 'knacker' in the same way they'd call something a 'darkie' rather than a 'n*****'. It was already off-puttingly strong stuff in the early to mid 90s in Tralee, which is probably not a forerunner in the use of politically correct language.
                                Pavee was the word in Tralee I thought

Comment

Comment

Pavee was the word in Tralee I thought
                                    For people of my vintage it would have been but I was thinking of the likes of my grandparents who would have used tinker primarily, and pavee less frequently. I'd say any time after I was about ten (mid-90s, I'm almost 33 now) the frequency of my peers using any pejoratives about black people was very low, which is why I was in mind of my granda calling Andy Cole and Dwight Yorke 'fuckin darkies' if they'd miss a chance on a Tuesday night in the Champions League.

Comment

My grandfather told me he knew the Titanic was going to sink. He shouted and roared it was going to sink but people just got fed up listening to him. Then it sank as he predicted. However he didn’t get to see it as they threw him out of the cinema for shouting.

Comment

Yeah, I was only pulling you up because I saw that exact line on searching old tweets from a few of the usual suspects last night.

I suppose if you are not smart enough to clean up your timeline on going into politics thats the kind of shit you are going to face.
                                        Would have thought its way more than 7 years since it became unacceptable but maybe not.
                                        Yeah pretty thick not to go back and delete tbf , FF though, not the brightest.
                                        Who is going back reading 7 year old tweets by a non entity senator though? She obviously pissed someone off

Comment

Anyone using Vodafone 100Mb broadband for streaming that can share experiences? I'm on 360Mb with Virgin at the moment and while it works well and is reliable, it's a saucy €64pm compared to the ~€25p/m I can get the Vodafone deal at.

I presume 100Mb would be plenty fast to stream whatever I like?

Comment

Who is going back reading 7 year old tweets by a non entity senator though? She obviously pissed someone off
                                            Cant wait till Bubbleking is Minsiter for Health or Master of some hospital

Comment

You are missing the point I'm making. Is it not even conceivable that someone was genuinely offended by her at the time and remembered it

Comment

You are missing the point I'm making. Is it not even conceivable that someone was genuinely offended by her at the time and remembered it
                                                If someone was offended by it I’m sure there is a couple of steps that they could have taken At the time or in the intervening years before ratting her out to the media in an attempt to cost her her job

There’s very few on this forum in a position to get on their high horse re this kind of thing, eg you have called certain female politicians “cunts” on here over the years,less so in recent times as online norms have changed, all bants amongst friends here but prob wouldn’t play too well splashed on the front of the Indo if you were in a public facing role .
                                                Last edited by Guest; 13-11-19, 12:59.

Comment

Actually can think of very few posters on here (including myself) who don’t have a few posts in the vault that could be used to drum up some outrage if they got into politics.
                                                  This place used to be like a bad WhatsApp group , remember blue dress girl v ballet girl, plenty of comments there that would play very poorly these days
                                                  Last edited by Guest; 13-11-19, 13:05.

Comment

If someone was offended by it I’m sure there is a couple of steps that they could have taken At the time or in the intervening years before ratting her out to the media in an attempt to cost her her job
                                                    Ah she's standing as a candidate in a by election FFS! and now having a well deserved and impactful dish of well chilled revenge served up to her.
                                                    She's a FF'er who was too stupid to sanitise her social media, what's not to like about that.

Comment

Sterilise all knackers

Comment

I'm kind of surprised Noel Grealish thinks there's a big market for racism against Nigerians. There's been loads of West Africans around for it must be 20 years or more at this stage and I can't remember anyone bar taxi drivers ever giving out about them. Taxi drivers giving out about them obviously being a badge of honour. I am definitely racist against white Irish taxi drivers.

Comment

Anyone using Vodafone 100Mb broadband for streaming that can share experiences? I'm on 360Mb with Virgin at the moment and while it works well and is reliable, it's a saucy €64pm compared to the ~€25p/m I can get the Vodafone deal at.

In the exact same boat. Think 70 is all VF can fetch for me but surely still enough. Would like to hear opinions.

Comment

Coolio rapping about Ringsend. What a time to be alive

THE RINGSEND & COMPTON CONNECTION CASPER WALSH X COOLIO X ESKIMO SUPREME Produced by Evan KennedyMastered by Fergal Davis Camera Department - Picture Mode F...

Comment

As I mentioned to Hitch earlier, I have an 8mb download speed off a Vodafone mobile tower.
                                                              It has a 100gb monthly limit and I have used it to work from home, stream Netflix, NowTV and NBA Game Pass with very few issues.
                                                              Stability > speed is generally the issue with streaming, depending on how intensive the demand.

The worst part of the whole debacle is that the engineers have installed the infrastructure but OpenEir haven't done the rest because the estate isn't complete.

Comment

Ah she's standing as a candidate in a by election FFS! and now having a well deserved and impactful dish of well chilled revenge served up to her.
                                                                She's a FF'er who was too stupid to sanitise her social media, what's not to like about that.
                                                                Didn’t realise she was standing in a by election, makes it even less likely it was dug up by someone genuinely offended, prob some young fine gaeler gimp who thinks he’s Karl Rove

I have no time for FF either btw, we could just do without this shite
                                                                Last edited by Guest; 13-11-19, 14:32.

Comment

I probably would not have said anything but he appears to be a racist cunt so fuck him. Pile on lads.

Results as shown above 08-18-22-41-42 38million not won. Nothing for me. Story of 2019..... thus far.

Results as shown above 08-18-22-41-42 38million not won. Nothing for me. Story of 2019..... thus far.

Comment

Be careful. Vodafone will quote 100Mb but it depends on the length and condition of your phone line. Do you have an active phone line? If so enter the number on

eir broadband deals & offers from Ireland's most reliable Broadband speeds! Buy Totally unlimited fibre broadband from €34.99/m for 12months & €100 Off your bill

I think eir generally give the exact capability of the line in the result.

If you don't have an active phone line you could try asking some close neighbours what they are receiving through their lines. This isn't foolproof though as even close lines may take different paths.

Comment

Originally posted by Silly Gilly View Post
                                                                      I probably would not have said anything but he appears to be a racist cunt so fuck him. Pile on lads.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/show...#post111758738
                                                                      Already on the way to a banning by loser mods. What a shithole of a site. The sooner it implodes the better.

Comment

Since we need a bit of a fire under us on this forum we should probably pick a month, all make alt accounts, and let fly with whatever personalities we choose. Better yet have personalities and political view randomly assigned like werewolf.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                            Since we need a bit of a fire under us on this forum we should probably pick a month, all make alt accounts, and let fly with whatever personalities we choose. Better yet have personalities and political view randomly assigned like werewolf.
                                                                            Gets a bit confusing surprisingly quickly.

Comment

I still don't know who Murdrum used to be.
                                                                              This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                I still don't know who Murdrum used to be.
                                                                                Threads started but Brady23, I think I fall into the camp PSV suggested where not much I have said would be too detrimental

Comment

alts are ridiculous.
                                                                                  People are who they pretend to be.
                                                                                  You'd get so wrapped up with "winning" your randomly appointed views stance you'd end up carrying it into your real personality.
                                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

You wouldn't put a neutered knacker out in that weather . (Maybe Kev would).

Comment

?

You mean you don't have about 5 already?

Comment

Russian report suppressed by Tories

Russian report leaked to a newspaper, Sunday Times... Tory paper

Paper apparently says... "Nothing to see here"

Must be grand so

Comment

Hold on there a minute! Are ye saying that yer man posting the euromillions charts on boards is not Rigger

He should sue for copyright infringement

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                              The lady who paid for the tennis match - her husband is in exile due to a dispute with Putin.
                                                                                              LOL he has access to real money and is alive ergo is not in dispute with Putin.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                Coolio rapping about Ringsend. What a time to be alive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PMK9wbWQlY
                                                                                                Everyone who like above video is a racist misogynist!
                                                                                                You’ve just ruined your future political careers

Last edited by Guest; 13-11-19, 17:38.

Comment

Most of the named Russians are anti-Putin, so seems like a non-story, as much fun as it would be if true. E.g. Lebedev, owner of Evening Standard, owns main controlled opposition newspaper in Moscow. The lady who paid for the tennis match - her husband is in exile due to a dispute with Putin.
                                                                                                  Jaysus hitch, I bet during the troubles you thought the RUC were being serious when they said they’d leave no stone unturned to track down loyalist paramilitaries
                                                                                                  Very naieve also fyp

Comment

Anyone able to help a brother out with access to springer.com?

Need access to an article that's completely paywalled in Business & Information Systems Engineering Journal. My college proxy login can't get it.

Comment

Yeah and they're popular with the kids. Just shows what you can get away with if you've a beat.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                        Definitely a movie in it.

Brendan Gleeson plays Dublin Jimmy. Heard it here first.
                                                                                                        A 10-12 years younger Gleeson maybe but Peter Coonan as Dublin Jimmy imo.
                                                                                                        Don Baker as SQ

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                                                                                          Threads started but Brady23, I think I fall into the camp PSV suggested where not much I have said would be too detrimental
                                                                                                          Hey man!
                                                                                                          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Liberland is having a Dublin meet up. Would interest anyone looking to move to a tax haven. Probably not that different to going to an extinction rebellion meet up

The Free Republic of Liberland is a sovereign state located between Croatia and Serbia on the west bank of the Danube River.
                                                                                                            This group is for anyone who would like to meet and network with other libertarians and to learn more about how to help support the growth of the World's youngest country.
                                                                                                            Live and let live.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                                                              Anyone able to help a brother out with access to springer.com?

Need access to an article that's completely paywalled in Business & Information Systems Engineering Journal. My college proxy login can't get it.
                                                                                                              Stick the url of the paper into this:
                                                                                                              Sci-Hub website. Get free access to academic journals. Download research papers for free from ScienceDirect, IEEE, Wiley, Springer, Nature and others

Comment

Stick the url of the paper into this:
                                                                                                                https://sci-hub.se/
                                                                                                                Much appreciated kind sir!

Comment

...

Comment

actually had to buy a VPN to keep access to sci-hub as its fully blocked here. Most of the articles are available in the school library, but all kept in different databases. So like all piracy it thrives on the stupidity of copyright owners not working out how to distribute their product efficiently.

On a similar note, seems tv is going back to its old stupid ways with every show being kept behind a different subscription site (Disney, Apple, Netflix). Might have to ditch the Netflix sub and go back to sailing on the high seas.
                                                                                                                    Use a torrent client that supports an rss feed. Go to showrss and sign up. Populate your showrss profile with names of shows and settings. Copy your rss feed link to the torrent client and watch your content auto-download as it is released. You can go further with plex and use it to scrape info, images etc. Run plex on your smart tv or firestick for your own "netflix" type experience.

Comment

CNN not even showing the Trump Erdogan press conference live
                                                                                                                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

On a similar note, seems tv is going back to its old stupid ways with every show being kept behind a different subscription site (Disney, Apple, Netflix). Might have to ditch the Netflix sub and go back to sailing on the high seas.
                                                                                                                        Lame excuse. The amount of actual quality on each individual sub site is low, so you can just dip in and out for a month at a time depending on which has the best new stuff. For example have Netflix right now, will cancel it next month and switch to Now TV for succession, when I’ve got through that I’ll cancel.
                                                                                                                        Apple will not make anything decent, there’s just no way their corporate culture will allow it, it’ll be safe bland shite
                                                                                                                        Disney will do well because of all the Marvel morons but will be slim pickings for even semi functioning adults.
                                                                                                                        Netflix still haven’t produced a wire or sopranos and Disney and Apple aren’t going to come close either. And that’s an absolute lock.
                                                                                                                        Last edited by Guest; 13-11-19, 21:39.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                                                                                          CNN not even showing the Trump Erdogan press conference live
                                                                                                                          Sure you could probably accurately script every Trump press conference in advance these days.

Fake media
                                                                                                                          Witch hunt
                                                                                                                          'Many people are saying <insert ludicrous bullshit>'
                                                                                                                          Great, great powerful military

Etc
                                                                                                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X