Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
    jesus it sounds like I should be happy to have missed it.
    ah, you would have loved the wine bit. Very affable NZ gent with some botrytised Riseling you would have gone mad for. We repaired to La Cave after for a bottle and some eats. There was a table of mature ladies beside us, eventually a birthday dessert was procured with a candle on it so we joined in the happy birthday singing. All very genteel until my buddy decides to launch into Patricia the Stripper as an encore for the ladies. Complete with actions.
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
      Which lounge were you in?
      Aer lingus one, is there much of a difference?

Comment

James 'Not very' Cleverly got absolutely destroyed on the radio this morning, was scheduled to go on sky news afterwards but Cummings pulled him and he was actually hiding out in the next room instead of taking his seat.

Kay Burley was not a happy camper

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
          Wait until the rabloids get stuck into Corbyn. He'll be somewhere left of Stalin.
          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
            I would claim to be a modern day soothsayer but sadly that was all too predictable

if you had a Tony Blair rebadged in charge of Labour today, they would be looking at a landslide. Fucking Momentum clowns depriving the Brits of a sensible choice.

Comment

I would claim to be a modern day soothsayer but sadly that was all too predictable

if you had a Tony Blair rebadged in charge of Labour today, they would be looking at a landslide. Fucking Momentum clowns depriving the Brits of a sensible choice.
              It's fairly pathetic stuff.
              Only an absolute moron would fail to parse that as Boris claiming that paying a bit more tax so that the NHs doesn't have to be sold to the US healthcare behemoths is the exact same thing as genocide of tens of millions!

And if that wasn't enough the ad beneath marketing at utter fools who will spent 10K + on objectively worthless trinkets shows who exactly are the imbeciles that would buy his line.

This is the policy they are comparing to Stalin's purges btw

Goodwin howareya

Last edited by Strewelpeter; 06-11-19, 11:16.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                It's fairly pathetic stuff.
                Only an absolute moron would fail to parse that as Boris claiming that paying a bit more tax so that the NHs doesn't have to be sold to the US healthcare behemoths is the exact same thing as genocide of tens of millions

And if that wasn't enough the ad beneath marketing at utter fools who will spent 10K + on objectively worthless trinkets shows who exactly are the imbeciles that would buy his line.
                it's the exact same as Trump claiming he is the most persecuted person in the world, ever. Or that impeachment is a 'lynching'.

You do actually wonder is there an office in the Kremlin where a little KGB dude writes this shite for them.
                "hey Nikolai! you gave Boris the same words as Donald this week!"
                "don't worry Vladimir, nobody cares anymore. The fools don't even notice."

Comment

I was a bit surprised it was from Boris himself in such a premeditated comment. Not sure what any of the old school media says matters much anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                    Aer lingus one, is there much of a difference?
                    Yes the original Dublin airport one is shite, Aer limgus slightly better. New one gone in where ethiad lounge was. Only open was curious if it was any better. The one in cbp ia probably best, decent view etc.

Unfortunately the best view in the whole airport is out a massive window in a boh corridor. Crazy waste as it's near t2 retail area
                    airport, lol

Comment

I wonder when Trump is going to to dump Giuliani in an effort to save his own skin.

Big reversal yesterday by one of the lads who had previously been holding to the 'no quid pro quo' party line. Presumably his lawyers informed him of the sentencing guidelines and this jogged his memory.

Comment

I see you can book an official tour of Amazon warehouses now and watch the serfs shit themselves while they work 60 hour weeks with no breaks

Fabulous auld world we living in!

Comment

Will be of interest to some folks here for sure. Could easily sell out based on latest album interest...

Richard Dawson
                          + guests TBA
                          Friday 21st February
                          Whelan’s Of Wexford St (Main Room)
                          Doors 8pm
                          Tickets €18.95 + booking fee via whelanslive.com or call 01 4780766

Comment

So sloppy

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                              Will be of interest to some folks here for sure. Could easily sell out based on latest album interest...

Richard Dawson
                              + guests TBA
                              Friday 21st February
                              Whelan’s Of Wexford St (Main Room)
                              Doors 8pm
                              Tickets €18.95 + booking fee via whelanslive.com or call 01 4780766
                              Going to see him play in Scotland in a few weeks and hopefully will catch this too.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                So sloppy

Minor detail sure.

Comment

Comment

Biblical amounts of rain in Sandyford and environs this morning! Might have to take a boat home if it keeps on going.

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post
                                      Minor detail sure.
                                      Zero tolerance.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                        Biblical amounts of rain in Sandyford and environs this morning! Might have to take a boat home if it keeps on going.
                                        Did i read statistically that it's been a very wet start to Nov?. The commutes(Cycling) are getting more tiresome. Soaked through 4 times this week already.

Comment

ITT: People who regularly compare Boris to Hitler OUTRAGED by Boris comparing Corbyn to Stalin
                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                            Did i read statistically that it's been a very wet start to Nov?. The commutes(Cycling) are getting more tiresome. Soaked through 4 times this week already.
                                            The best thing about cycling surely is the obscene amount of money you get to spend on gear you wouldn't be seen dead in without the bike around! I spent about €115 on a Perfetto a few weeks ago and I'll probably cycle about five times between now and February

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                            ITT: People who regularly compare Boris to Hitler OUTRAGED by Boris comparing Corbyn to Stalin
                                            2/10, you're not even trying

Comment

Cite me an example of anyone comparing anything Boris has done to the holocaust or anything comparable to stalin's purges.

Pointing out the fact that Cummings and his buffoon puppet or Bannon and his doofus are using tactics that come straight out of the Mein Kampf instruction manual is not in any way the same thing as making a direct comparison between a 5p increase in tax for the very wealthiest and killing millions of people.

GTFO

Comment

Looking to get cracking on organising my stags, somewhere not too far a flight from Dublin & nothing that's going to break the bank for people to attend, shoot me some suggestions please & thank you.
                                                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

In the airport, London bound to see Lizzo tonight. Birthday present to Mrs Lao Lao but I am very, very, excite for it.

Dom - Lizzo is an American singer/rapper, we're not going to see the queen.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                    Cite me an example of anyone comparing anything Boris has done to the holocaust or anything comparable to stalin's purges.

Pointing out the fact that Cummings and his buffoon puppet or Bannon and his doofus are using tactics that come straight out of the Mein Kampf instruction manual is not in any way the same thing as making a direct comparison between a 5p increase in tax for the very wealthiest and killing millions of people.

GTFO
                                                    First they came for the billionaires
                                                    Last edited by AndyFatBastard; 07-11-19, 11:32.
                                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                      Looking to get cracking on organising my stags, somewhere not too far a flight from Dublin & nothing that's going to break the bank for people to attend, shoot me some suggestions please & thank you.
                                                      I was able to get flights and two nights accommodation in a decent hotel to Amsterdam for 200 lids a head, that was February last year when I organised my mates stag.

I did Prague for two nights for mine, don't know how much the flights and accomadation cost but don't think it was too much and it cost fuck all while there.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                        In the airport, London bound to see Lizzo tonight. Birthday present to Mrs Lao Lao but I am very, very, excite for it.

Am over in Manchester this weekend and she's playing Monday. Got offered a ticket but couldn't pull the trigger because the venue she's playing is terrible (+changing flight and hotel)

Comment

We went to Edinburgh for my stag, was during the summer so we rented student accommodation while there during the Fringe Festival. Was fairly cheap IIRC, maybe €200/head for accommodation and flights there and back? Great spot if the weather plays ball.

Most stags I've gone to have been in Ireland, but have been on great ones in Birmingham, Madrid and Berlin, none of which was too expensive or too far away.

Comment

Get your best man to organise! Good motivation to pick one if you haven't done so yet.

Comment

Probably goes without saying but avoid places like Carrick on Shannon, whole stag/hen thing there is very grim!

Comment

Who we going to hate on now

Comment

Just Google image searched Lizzo. Could be enough to tip the day in the wrong direction.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                    Probably goes without saying but avoid places like Carrick on Shannon, whole stag/hen thing there is very grim!
                                                                    FYP IMO

Comment

Krakow is that bit further flight time - about 2 hrs 40 mins but some spot and cheap flights, beer and accommodation.

Comment

@tylerdurden - loads of great suggestions so far. I went to Hamburg for my mates stag do a few years back and it was excellent shout. A highlight was everyone's bemusement when Robbie Brady scored against Bosnia in the fog, no-one could even see the match. Most decent European cities you can get a Ryanair flight for under €100 return and budget accommodation for peanuts.

My advice would be to go to google flights page and use the "explore destinations" feature to open up the map. Put in your dates and budget. It will fill the map with prices on each destination to match your criteria. An easy filter is "weekend trip in the next 6 months" with flexible dates. Happy hunting and have a great trip man.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                          Just Google image searched Lizzo. Could be enough to tip the day in the wrong direction.
                                                                          Its not wrong if you still respect yourself afterwards

Comment

Enjoy! Shes class! I actually checked to see if it was on while I'm staying there but I don't get over again until Saturday. It's right beside where my brother lives, pity I'll miss it. His girlfriend was just trying to book Lizzo for a 2 min video for an event actually, costs £1.5 million. I remember back in the day i found a site to hire Avril Lavigne for the evening for 10k and was tempted.

Last time I was at the Brixton Academy was last year for A Perfect Circle. Turned up and I actually had a ticket for their second date the following day, what an idiot. Had been given the ticket so didn't check too much about it. Haggled a tout down from £60 to £10 showing him I had a ticket already so I didn't care if I got one from him.
                                                                            Got him down from £20 to £10 at the end saying I didn't have £20, then paid with one and he gave me change which he didn't seem to cop.
                                                                            Went to both shows so, the second I went on a date - great first date haha.

Here's Lizzo on Tiny Desk:

Watch Lizzo play "Cuz I Love You", "Truth Hurts" and "Juice" at the Tiny Desk.Follow Lizzohttps://facebook.com/LizzoMusichttps://twitter.com/lizzohttps://ins...

David Bowie's childhood home is also a few streets away from there. The ramen from Koi in pop Brixton is great for a quick meal too btw, or a burger from Halo burger. They're just indoor food stalls so you may want something fancier!
                                                                            Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 07-11-19, 14:20.

Comment

Why so?

Comment

Why so?
                                                                                I just thought she looked awful in the outfits she was wearing. I had never heard of her, so that was my first experience of her.

Comment

I was able to get flights and two nights accommodation in a decent hotel to Amsterdam for 200 lids a head, that was February last year when I organised my mates stag.

I did Prague for two nights for mine, don't know how much the flights and accomadation cost but don't think it was too much and it cost fuck all while there.
                                                                                  Been to Amsterdam for a stags last year and I'm heading to Prague next month for work, have been there a bunch over the years.

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                  We went to Edinburgh for my stag, was during the summer so we rented student accommodation while there during the Fringe Festival. Was fairly cheap IIRC, maybe €200/head for accommodation and flights there and back? Great spot if the weather plays ball.

Most stags I've gone to have been in Ireland, but have been on great ones in Birmingham, Madrid and Berlin, none of which was too expensive or too far away.
                                                                                  One of the lads had his stag in Edinburgh and it was great craic, going to Birmingham in February for one, never been to Madrid but thinking about a weekend break with the missus for that, Berlin for my 30th which was awesome.

Get your best man to organise! Good motivation to pick one if you haven't done so yet.
                                                                                  Have one picked but don't want the whole thing falling on him so trying to do a few bits before bringing it to everybody.

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                  No doubt.

Originally posted by premierstone View Post
                                                                                  Krakow is that bit further flight time - about 2 hrs 40 mins but some spot and cheap flights, beer and accommodation.
                                                                                  Was thinking about Poland having never been there before.

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                                  @tylerdurden - loads of great suggestions so far. I went to Hamburg for my mates stag do a few years back and it was excellent shout. A highlight was everyone's bemusement when Robbie Brady scored against Bosnia in the fog, no-one could even see the match. Most decent European cities you can get a Ryanair flight for under €100 return and budget accommodation for peanuts.

My advice would be to go to google flights page and use the "explore destinations" feature to open up the map. Put in your dates and budget. It will fill the map with prices on each destination to match your criteria. An easy filter is "weekend trip in the next 6 months" with flexible dates. Happy hunting and have a great trip man.
                                                                                  One of the lads had actually recommended Hamburg so it's on the list. I'd been thinking maybe Budapest/Hamburg or somewhere in Spain possibly Bilbao but don't know too much about it.

Cheers folks for all the input, keep firing away with anything else.
                                                                                  "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Yerra if you don't end up in Langton's it's not even really a stag.

Comment

Did Edinburgh for mine but thats a long time ago and it was my first time there. You've probably been a few times. Good place as not too big. Dont think Bilbao wood be great for a stag unless its a smaller group really.

Comment

Off the back of the Saracens Salary debacle and the -35 points penalty, odds for the team winning the premiership have drifted to 16/1, which basically means the bookies are pricing the appeal roughly at 8/1 to get through, as if the 35 points dock stands, Sarries do not have a hint of a chance to reach the play offs.

I was reading this article, which seems to suggest there may be some procedural errors in the way the points penalty and fine were handed down, so wondered if anyone had taken a close look at it yet (Emmet, V4V?). Could be worth a decent punt if so!

Comment

red man bad?
                                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Have fun
                                                                                            The official music video for Lizzo's "Tempo (feat. Missy Elliott)"From the album 'Cuz I Love You' available now.Listen here: https://Lizzo.lnk.to/CuzILoveYou...
                                                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

A lot really depends on the group and money.
                                                                                              However, my brother went to tenerife for a mates stag for near a week and it cost him less than a weekend in Galway for mine...
                                                                                              Bremen, Utrecht, Newcastle, Lisbon
                                                                                              just for places not mentioned yet

Comment

Best STAG I was ever at was in Newcastle, UK. Spent the Saturday in Whitley Bay ignoring naked Pole Dancers as we watched the Rugby. Great ol spot. They are all as daft as Gazza , rough wimmins too

Comment

I've listened to 3 Lizzo songs now and think she's appalling.

Edit: Speaking of rap, was listening to some of Kneecap's stuff recently. I think Mo Chara is a really good rapper, unfortunately the other grinning guy isn't.

THIS ONES FOR YOUR SEXY GRANNY Directed and edited by: Peadar Ó GoillLiricí le Móglaí Bap & Mo CharaProduced by Dj PróvaíMastered and mixed by: Ciarán Byrne:...
                                                                                                  Last edited by hotspur; 07-11-19, 16:23.

Comment

Best stag I been to was Kilkenny. Easy to get to, gang went clay pigeon shooting doing day, and hit the town at night. Nice and simple with good craic.
                                                                                                    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Have one picked but don't want the whole thing falling on him so trying to do a few bits before bringing it to everybody.
                                                                                                      This is just wrong. Leave everything to the best man. You tell him where you want to go and get to do EVERYTHING from there in. Also, repeatedly tell him, he's the worst best man ever. That way the speech he makes about will be really heartfelt and sweet

Comment

Has to be Malta Danny

30e return at certain times these days and you've been here so you know the craic. Plus you can all kip on the floor in my gaff

Disclaimer: probably can't kip in my gaff 😁

Comment

Went to Hamburg for mine main reason being my love of German ropes and naval history. Was cheap cheerful and good seedy fun. Been to Kilkenny Carrick abd Carlingford there grand but it’s like any other night out in Ireland. Married lads really especially appreciated the couple of nights away.

Comment

One of the lads had actually recommended Hamburg so it's on the list. I'd been thinking maybe Budapest/Hamburg or somewhere in Spain possibly Bilbao but don't know too much about it.

Just back from a three night stag in Budapest last week, would really recommend it highly. We got a lovely spot on AirBnB for €30/night/man. They had freak weather for this time of year, 24 degrees or so, made it all the sweeter. Really beautiful city plus all the action you could possibly want for a stag, without any aggro at all. Did a stag in Prague about 10 years ago, I liked it a lot but would put Budapest well above it.

Comment

Never been to a stag. Anyone I know just went for a local night out. Not unrelated: looking forward to Ronnie Vs John Higgins at 7 on ITV4.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                                                                Went to Hamburg for mine main reason being my love of German ropes and naval history. Was cheap cheerful and good seedy fun. Been to Kilkenny Carrick abd Carlingford there grand but it’s like any other night out in Ireland. Married lads really especially appreciated the couple of nights away.
                                                                                                                Ropes

Comment

You don't like rope?

Comment

Ropes
                                                                                                                    Ropes Navals, and Germans . Read between the lines Raoul He's a sickpuppy for a reason

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                                                      You don't like rope?
                                                                                                                      I don't have strong feelings about it. Certainly wouldn't fly to Hamburg to view some.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                                                                        How does brassers autocorrect to ropes

Comment

ATTENTION: Avoid GoMo the new mobile network from Eir.

The gf recently tried to move to GoMo which started two weeks of nonsense after a failed port. Their customer service team is an absolute shambles. Her port was submitted incorrectly and we couldn't find out what was wrong. Possibly her details or possibly something on GoMo side. Either way having worked in the industry I know it takes a 10 minute call or one email to re-schedule a new port. This happens every day of the week and is an easy fix. Not two weeks of nonsense where no one takes ownership of the issue on GoMo's side - web chat, contact form, twitter tried 'em all with nothing being done to re-schedule the port.

So I tweeted them a while back with a thread about this and posted a follow up a week later when nothing was done by GoMo. The gist of which was telling people to record their correspondence and send a complaint to ComReg. I tagged ComReg, GoMo and a couple of prominent journalists as its happening to a lot of people now. This was close 11pm at night. Mysteriously she got a twitter dm 10 mins later to assist but at this point she decided to cancel and seek a refund. Hopefully that proves easier than everything thus far.

Maybe in time they'll get their house in order but for now steer well clear.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X