Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see Gay Byrne (Late Late Show version) passed away. RIP.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
      Actually, not sure about the optics of a load of crusties in bikinis at any time

#prayforDP

Comment

Are they single use signs?

Comment

Gaybo gone. No way :-(
          Last edited by Solksjaer!; 04-11-19, 15:05.

Comment

That really is the end of an era.
            RTE will be unbearable with wall to wall tributes from non entities like Turgidy and fucking Joe and endless replays of the Annie Murphy interview which was actually one of the low points of his career.
            A properly fitting tribute would be just to replay a couple of hours of the cutting edge stuff he did especially on radio in the 70's and some of the really fun interviews with the likes of Ulick O'Connor whose recent death it appears went wholly unnoticed by RTE.
            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
              RTE will be unbearable with wall to wall tributes from non entities like Turgidy and fucking Joe and endless replays of the Annie Murphy interview which was actually one of the low points of his career.
              A properly fitting tribute would be just to replay a couple of hours of the cutting edge stuff he did especially on radio in the 70's and some of the really fun interviews with the likes of Ulick O'Connor whose recent death it appears went wholly unnoticed by RTE.
              Be great to see twink come out and let us all know how good gay was to her
              Miss seeing that miserable cunt on the tv these days unless there’s an Rte death

Comment

He was great in the Usual Suspects imo.

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post
                  Be great to see twink come out and let us all know how good gay was to her
                  Miss seeing that miserable cunt on the tv these days unless there’s an Rte death
                  Reckon we should fire out Twinks blackface to get her barred off the tele for good. Get Doke on the case.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                    Wait, you want RTE to show how much more shite they and all their overpaid presenters are when compared to back when they were low budget catholic shite?

eeehhh.... probably not happening

Another round of "all lets interview each other" it is!

Comment

Chaos intensifies in Alejandro Landes’s deeply mad thriller about a wild cult of teenage bandits who have rituals, guns and a hostage – but no Kurtz

I went to see this in the IFI, I thought it was excellent.

Comment

Lost a decent auld skin today.

The only presenter/exec producer that went around after and personally thanked everyone working on the gig.
                        You don't get that anymore
                        Last edited by newbie2; 04-11-19, 20:06.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                          Did you watch the first ep of His Dark Materials?
                          is this on Netflix ?

Comment

We have a new speaker of the House. It'll be fun seeing can he live up to Bercow's brand.

Hadn't actually realised Bercow started out as a very right-wing Tory eurosceptic.
                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                              We have a new speaker of the House. It'll be fun seeing can he live up to Bercow's brand.

Hadn't actually realised Bercow started out as a very right-wing Tory eurosceptic.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                I've been going through chaos since the wife came back from Dublin. Hence my lack of space to post stuff.

Not even sure how to describe it, but have kinda mentally put it into a category of 'I can't understand this'.

She came back to Rennes on the condition that I live somewhere else. With the idea that maybe we'll work things out.

So I'm now living a few blocks away in a lovely place, fucking €1200 a month down the toilet, but somehow it's working out.

Spend the same amount of time with the kids, am so much less stressed, me and my wife are fucking like rabbits, time to spend with buddies which I couldn't before, and I sleep like a hibernating squirrel.

Apart from the fact that we can't afford any of this except from an exceptional paycheck I got in August, its really amazing.

And maybe thats a problem, but for now it's working.

I've a lot to say on my thoughts on this, most of which are ill-thought-out so would appreciate your feedback over the coming days.
                                How are things woking out for you now Hitch? I rarely get on this thing as I am so busy these days.
                                It is better than nothing, not sure how you can't afford the extra 1200 gaff with the amount of money you guys seem to earn! maybe you need to not spunk it off elsewhere? It is good you are rekindling the sex life and you are getting to spend time with the kids. It isn't ideal, but better than a proper split.

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                Found an old biscuit tin containing some of my old lead soldiers, and their moulds. Surprised the company that sells them is still around, as it seemed like an accident waiting to happen even in 1980! https://shop.princeaugust.ie/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1are7AG6Hck
                                Went to that factory a few years back, had a great time moulding things and painting them and so did the kids. I bought one unpainted dragon from the Lord of the Rings series for €20 and sells for €120! that is once one of their guys paints it. I don't think they use lead at all now, can't remember what they said it was they used, but was fun.

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                I can't stand the sight of her since her appearance on Bert Kreischer's podcast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9-mDExYIsk
                                Just watched her in the Netflix show Living with yourself with Paul Rudd, she was pretty good in that. Hadn't heard of her till now.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                  Went to that factory a few years back, had a great time moulding things and painting them and so did the kids. I bought one unpainted dragon from the Lord of the Rings series for €20 and sells for €120! that is once one of their guys paints it. I don't think they use lead at all now, can't remember what they said it was they used, but was fun.
                                  It was more the burn hazard than the lead that bothered me. Pretty sure I was about 10 years old, heating up solder on a domestic gas hob, completely unsupervised. Did burn a hole in a kitchen worktop with a spillage.

Tempted to get the moulds for some chess sets.
                                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post

Just watched her in the Netflix show Living with yourself with Paul Rudd, she was pretty good in that. Hadn't heard of her till now.
                                    She did a show with Sharon Horgan for channel 4 called This Way up that's worth checking out. Pretty funny.
                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Lplate View Post
                                      Pat Storan. Sound fella and very good player.
                                      That’s the one, a sound fella, thanks.

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                      I know people don't watch cash games anymore, but the Triton cash game is still the one to watch. Episode 1 came out yesterday 2k/4k/4k and everyone bought it for €500k

TonyG, Jungleman, Truteller, Ike Haxton and more. Some big pots...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrUdWj8B-nk
                                      In a world where I don’t watch much poker if any anymore, the idea of buying in for €500k still blows my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
                                        That’s the one, a sound fella, thanks.

In a world where I don’t watch much poker if any anymore, the idea of buying in for €500k still blows my mind.
                                        Tony G had the look of a man who couldn't afford to dust off a buy-in. No idea if that's true, just how he looked imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                          Absolute morons just trying to get themselves onto Joe.ie

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                                            Absolute morons just trying to get themselves onto Joe.ie
                                            Fair play to Jeremy Corbin for coming over at what must be a busy time.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                              https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...ejandro-landes

I went to see this in the IFI, I thought it was excellent.
                                              I thought the cinematography was excellent, but didn't think it was a great film. Would certainly watch another from the director.

Did you see another Colombian film Birds of Passage earlier in the year? That was wonderful.

Comment

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Caught a great feel good flick yesterday, need to see more movies in this vein - https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the..._butter_falcon

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                    is this on Netflix ?
                                                    It's an HBO show so I wouldn't think so.

Comment

Shame Beto has dropped out, everything about his run was hilarious. Can’t believe some here took him seriously

Comment

Quiet in the airport today Eamo

It hadn't occurred to me to get an ETSA to tansit through the states.

Person at the desk told us to go away, apply, and come back and she'd book us for the first leg of the trip to London. Hopefully it'll have come by the time we land and we can continue on.

Come back and it's a different woman on the desk. Flat no, she can't check us in.
                                                        "But the previous person said..."
                                                        "No"
                                                        "But..."
                                                        "No"

"What about if you just book us to London and we'll look after it there"
                                                        "Yeah ok"

Left wondering what would have happened meeting her first. Or maybe she just wanted to dick us around a bit.
                                                        Last edited by Denny Crane; 05-11-19, 09:31.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                          Quiet in the airport today Eamo

It hadn't occurred to me to get an ETSA to tansit through the states.

Person at the desk told us to go away, apply, and come back and she'd book us for the first leg of the trip to London. Hopefully it'll have come by the time we land and we can continue on.

Come back and it's a different woman on the desk. Flat no, she can't check us in.
                                                          "But the previous person said..."
                                                          "No"
                                                          "But..."
                                                          "No"

"What about if you just book us to London and we'll look after it there"
                                                          "Yeah ok"

Left wondering what would have happened meeting her first. Or maybe she just wanted to dick us around a bit.
                                                          I was thinking the same actually! November is a dead month if there is dead months any more, and tuesday is a bit of a non day too.

Aer lingus? They are very useless
                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                            Also have it recorded. Very excited tho.
                                                            SPOILER
                                                            Enjoyed it. As SP said, it was a little bit all over the place when it started, but came together nicely as they got into the meat of the story. I was worried the daemon effects would be weird or distracting but they were excellently done and seemed very natural.
                                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

HDM
                                                              No real spoilers.
                                                              SPOILER
                                                              Yeah, thought it was great, they pretty much nailed it, and daemons really worked on screen.
                                                              Took me far too long to work out who The Master was (Lester Freamon from The Wire obviously).
                                                              Hi-tech helicopter scene in flashback at start was a bit weird, yet 12 years later they are using lower standard airships to go from oxford to london.
                                                              Loved that the Magisterium HQ was at the top of The Mall where Buck Palace would be in our world

Comment

SPOILER
                                                                Yes the helicopter was extremely weird
                                                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                  I was thinking the same actually! November is a dead month if there is dead months any more, and tuesday is a bit of a non day too.

Yeah was noticeably quiet all round.

BA. Think your wan was just being cantankerous.

Comment

Boards.ie whipping themselves into a frothy mess of outrage over the Ana Kriegel sentencing
                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I see the secrets of Saracens success have been revealed. That is a serious sanction - hopefully the cheating scumbags get relegated.

Comment

Would be even better if their trophies were retrospectively stripped from them too but I guess that would be too much to hope for.

Comment

I see the secrets of Saracens success have been revealed. That is a serious sanction - hopefully the cheating scumbags get relegated.

Myself and one other IPBer hope that the Saracens appeal is upheld and there is no point reduction

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                            Myself and one other IPBer hope that the Saracens appeal is upheld and there is no point reduction
                                                                            Well don't quote his inevitable nonsense. Having him on Ignore is beneficial to my wellbeing.

Comment

We couldn't get the double on and only went for the Champions cup in the end, so might be a case they'll be concentrating on that this year...unless you're talking about another IPBer

Comment

Was hoping it was actual doping. Meh to it being the secret to their success.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                  We couldn't get the double on and only went for the Champions cup in the end, so might be a case they'll be concentrating on that this year...unless you're talking about another IPBer
                                                                                  Brain is frazzled today. You're right, we went with Champions Cup not the Premiership!

Comment

What being able to break the rules so you can stuff your squad full of the best players? Seems like a blatant case of cheating imo.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                      Brain is frazzled today. You're right, we went with Champions Cup not the Premiership!
                                                                                      It has to be a major distraction for the organization plus in order to avoid a fine for this year they surely have to ensure certain players don’t get investments in their companies this year which will likely lead to lads leaving. Even whilst appealing the decision for previous indiscretions.

Tbh I reckon this has to improve leinsters chance of winning the champions cup this year. Not to mention the toll of a number of their players going very deep in the World Cup and the effort to avoid relegation with some sort of points deduction.
                                                                                      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

What being able to break the rules so you can stuff your squad full of the best players? Seems like a blatant case of cheating imo.
                                                                                        From a European cup perspective it doesn’t really matter as it’s no different from Toulon. It’s only cheating from the perspective of the rugby premiership and the likes of Exeter have reason to feel genuinely aggrieved.

Probably helped some English players stay in the English system as well. I reckon the vunipola brothers will end up in France pretty soon.
                                                                                        ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post

It was so dead going to London a week or two ago, going again in a few days and hopefully dead too! I had that aerspace ticket with the free stuff, i still used the fast security pass anyway The lounge was grand, you could have great craic there, I got fairly drunk. You could have a bottle of wine, a few cans and pastries etc. Also nobody sitting beside you and being in the front row as part of the ticket is sweet, and the free drink/food onboard. Still not gonna pay for it myself though.

Finally made it as a hipster influencer, was flown over to model clothes and shoes in shoreditch Next up should be doing suits and peacoats. Grand for an hour of somebody taking pictures of you.

Comment

I think i've watched this goal about 87 times so far. So satisfying!

Comment

Wonder why a dubs GAA fan would minimize financial doping

Comment

Would be even better if their trophies were retrospectively stripped from them too but I guess that would be too much to hope for.
                                                                                                Leinster's crest gets 6 stars now

⭐⭐⭐⭐ ⭐*

Comment

I think i've watched this goal about 87 times so far. So satisfying!

Cheaper than a mindfulness ap, very satisfying.

Comment

There's a special Late Late Show on at 9:35 for anyone interested.
                                                                                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                      It was so dead going to London a week or two ago, going again in a few days and hopefully dead too! I had that aerspace ticket with the free stuff, i still used the fast security pass anyway The lounge was grand, you could have great craic there, I got fairly drunk. You could have a bottle of wine, a few cans and pastries etc. Also nobody sitting beside you and being in the front row as part of the ticket is sweet, and the free drink/food onboard. Still not gonna pay for it myself though.

Finally made it as a hipster influencer, was flown over to model clothes and shoes in shoreditch Next up should be doing suits and peacoats. Grand for an hour of somebody taking pictures of you.
                                                                                                      Which lounge were you in?
                                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                        Wonder why a dubs GAA fan would minimize financial doping
                                                                                                        So we'll buy Clifford and O'Shea? Cool. Be nice to see them in the Blue . Money eh .

Comment

Was in this house today. Absolutely spectacular. Big silver Harley up on a 10 foot high shelf, owner said he plans to park a silver classic Porsche in his living room as an orniment.

Just a normal bloke in his late thirties/early forties. Some pad.
                                                                                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Some cracker in Stamford Bridge. Chelsea Ajax now 4-4 after Chelsea were 4-1 down. 2 own goals, 2 penalties and Ajax down to 9 men. Absolute cracker

Comment

Lol. Make that 5-4 Chelsea. This is ridiculous stuff. Champions League

Comment

Lol. Make that 5-4 Chelsea. This is ridiculous stuff. Champions League

Comment

Hup. VAR makes an appearance. Back to 4-4 we go for a handball in the build up to the goal.

Comment

If you want something a little slower paced than the football, the 7th frame of this match between Selby and Allen is fantstic to watch. None of this clearing up in one frame nonsense. It's an engrossing safety battle where neither player has barely put a foot wrong!

Comment

If you want something a little slower paced than the football, the 7th frame of this match between Selby and Allen is fantstic to watch. None of this clearing up in one frame nonsense. It's an engrossing safety battle where neither player has barely put a foot wrong!
                                                                                                                      VAR please .

Comment

Turned it off at 58-0 and checked the score half an hour later and it was 58-9! Was curious as to what transpired.

Comment

A simple evening of wine tasting should surely not descend into gyrating for grannies.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X