Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can uncancel my cancelling of MOTD record now.
    Some team for the late drama.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
      Not that I ever have, but working in a retail bank seems to be the equivalent of working for Euro Giant these days. Depressing places that actively try to push customers away to a helpline that never offers help.

The days when the local bank manager was a man (always a man) of stature about the town are well gone and most retail banks now seem to be staffed by clueless kids who failed their Leaving Cert.
      I can’t think of a less desirable job today, at least if you enjoyed golf the carrot of being a bank manager in a small town was enough to incentive you. Its worse than a sweet shop today.

In fairness to the insurance people, that one took no time at all (and saved more than the mortgage stuff).

Still waiting for that long-promised day when some upstart competitor comes along and shakes up the entire Irish mortgage market by offering European rates. Which would be 1.5% vs the 3%+ that we generally pay.
      Do you not think it’s funding and repossession difficulties that have us so high?

I’d like a product at 2% that says you can contractually fuck me out with force if I miss two payments, and then if someone takes that option they’ve no “comfort factor” of the blaming the banks. Ireland usually has little public tolerance for cute hoers who get snared, the only Savin grace.

Comment

Who is the fella to SatNavs right? Pat was it from Waterford? Sound fella.

Comment

Matt. Fitzpatrick 2 behind going into final round of golf. 9 to 1 . Worth a punt

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
            Was it Pat Storm?

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
              Yeah, the picture makes the decison look ridiculous in the Firmino one but I'll be the first to admit it could be some optical illusion or maybe the picture shown isn't exactly when the ball was played but its hard not to laugh watching the picture appear and it looks like some guy is eyeballing the image, drawing some vertical lines off knees and trying to match lines on the pitch to make the decsion. Surely you can use computers to do this in a far more accruate way than what was being shown.

Opr

Comment

Dispatched Mrs DIII + 2 DIII daughters to the hockey as I'm struggling with a chest infection. Bright start by Ireland but need to make it pay. Live on RTE2.
                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Not often you see a hockey astroturf pitch that is too wet, but today's rain has done the trick.

Comment

Not often you see a hockey astroturf pitch that is too wet, but today's rain has done the trick.
                    Is that a roll out pitch on top of the grass or what? Also is this just a straight KO match to qualify? May watch inbetween Breeders Cup races...

Comment

What stage are we at here rd3?
                      airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                        Is that a roll out pitch on top of the grass or what? Also is this just a straight KO match to qualify? May watch inbetween Breeders Cup races...
                        Same as the men last week. Two matches, back to back i.e. tonight/tomorrow night. Winner takes all.

Pitch went down in a week.

Comment

Some fine wimmin in the green. The gene pool is nice and diluted now in Duberlin.

Comment

Guy doing the h-t analysis is a buddy of mine. He looks insanely wet and cold.

Comment

Dispatched Mrs DIII + 2 DIII daughters to the hockey as I'm struggling with a chest infection. Bright start by Ireland but need to make it pay. Live on RTE2.
                              WP. Saw the weather and developed a chest infection.
                              ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Conditions are just rancid. Water puddling on the pitch. Good day to be sick imo.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                  WP. Saw the weather and developed a chest infection.
                                  Sadly I'll be out coaching tomorrow morning. Might take the youngest to this tomorrow night if it's dry and there's tickets left. She's determined she's going to play for Ireland (handicap of being left-handed notwithstanding)!

Comment

Conditions are just rancid. Water puddling on the pitch. Good day to be sick imo.
                                    The female commentator has a voice that makes Katie Taylor's sound melodic (topical good luck Katie later ).

Comment

Guy doing the h-t analysis is a buddy of mine. He looks insanely wet and cold.
                                      Worst name drop ever

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                        The female commentator has a voice that makes Katie Taylor's sound melodic (topical good luck Katie later ).
                                        At least she knows the rules, unlike her partner.

Comment

Sadly I'll be out coaching tomorrow morning. Might take the youngest to this tomorrow night if it's dry and there's tickets left. She's determined she's going to play for Ireland (handicap of being left-handed notwithstanding)!
                                          It’s all about the game tmrw. This is just the first half in the pissing rain so really unless one team scored a heap (which is v unlikely given how much the ball is holding up) it’s a bit of a washout. Get a hot whiskey into yourself and head along tmrw!
                                          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

I always get the sniffle this time of year, sore throat and a bit chesty, nothing too bad.

Last week has been a bad dose, proper sinus infection, anyone who has had one can attest to how bad the smell is...broke the back of it yesterday, i hope as am down in the peoples republic till Monday.
                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                              I always get the sniffle this time of year, sore throat and a bit chesty, nothing too bad.

Last week has been a bad dose, proper sinus infection, anyone who has had one can attest to how bad the smell is...broke the back of it yesterday, i hope as am down in the peoples republic till Monday.
                                              Glad I didn't go when I saw the three drowned rats come through the door a minute ago.

Comment

It's tough to not be insanely jealous of Joseph O'Brien.

Comment

Probably more unlucky than anything else but Ryan Moore will think he should have won that.
                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I was there, couldn't get seated tickets so had to settle for standing on the opposite side of the pitch.

While it was great to see so many there, to me, they oversold the game as the standing section was rammed. I had a polo top, a hoodie, a fleece, a rain jacket and a poncho on, and I still got soaked. At one point, there was more water than beer in my glass (the horror)

At half time, I'd had enough, so me and two of the lads nipped into Arthur Maynes (the ladies opted to stay put)

The rain got even worse in the second half (Mrs Lao Lao was soaked to the skin) where as we got seats in the snug with our own private TV, lovely pints and it was toastie warm.

Unless it is clear, bright skies and sunshine all day tomorrow, I'd be watching the second leg from the couch!

We rounded the night off with a solid Indian in the Balti House across to the road but am still a bit damp.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                      I was there, couldn't get seated tickets so had to settle for standing on the opposite side of the pitch.

While it was great to see so many there, to me, they oversold the game as the standing section was rammed. I had a polo top, a hoodie, a fleece, a rain jacket and a poncho on, and I still got soaked. At one point, there was more water than beer in my glass (the horror)

At half time, I'd had enough, so me and two of the lads nipped into Arthur Maynes (the ladies opted to stay put)

The rain got even worse in the second half (Mrs Lao Lao was soaked to the skin) where as we got seats in the snug with our own private TV, lovely pints and it was toastie warm.

Unless it is clear, bright skies and sunshine all day tomorrow, I'd be watching the second leg from the couch!

We rounded the night off with a solid Indian in the Balti House across to the road but am still a bit damp.
                                                      It's dry today so should hopefully be a completely different game. Looked like our team had a higher skill level overall but a worrying lack of a cutting edge, both off set plays and open....hopefully they don't blow it.

Comment

Jeffrey Schlupp apparently playing on the left of a front 3 for Palace

Still 18/1 FGS on Bet365, shortened quickly everywhere else

Comment

My heroic self-sacrifice in giving up my ticket last night seems to have met with free tickets and a licence for tonight.

Comment

It's dry today so should hopefully be a completely different game. Looked like our team had a higher skill level overall but a worrying lack of a cutting edge, both off set plays and open....hopefully they don't blow it.
                                                            Yeah, the inability to convert one of the many short corners was a worry, they need to fix that today.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
                                                              Pat Storan. Sound fella and very good player.

Comment

Yeah, the inability to convert one of the many short corners was a worry, they need to fix that today.
                                                                Yeah, hitting them seemed counter-intuitive in those conditions. Would much rather see a deflection or in and out move. Anyway, we shall see.

Will I be keeping an eye out for yourself?

Comment

Yeah, hitting them seemed counter-intuitive in those conditions. Would much rather see a deflection or in and out move. Anyway, we shall see.

Will I be keeping an eye out for yourself?
                                                                  I floated the idea earlier and was countered with a Sunday roast, all the trimmings, a bottle of vino and the match on the couch.

I graciously conceded...

Comment

I floated the idea earlier and was countered with a Sunday roast, all the trimmings, a bottle of vino and the match on the couch.

I graciously conceded...
                                                                    Fair weather fa....oh yes, that is me. You earned it imo.

Comment

I'm trying to watch it but I've no idea what's going on.
                                                                      Am I right in saying Ireland came second in the world cup, Canada are minnows and Ireland are at home.
                                                                      And yet. The commentary team is treating it like an underdog story
                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Too stop start for me. Didnt realise it was a non contact sport. Dont think theres been a single solid attempt on goal. They seem more interested in hitting the opponents feet, stick, body part to get a free hit and dont seem to do anything with them.

Comment

That's fucking ridiculous
                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Was that 0-0 both legs. Mourinho v Benitez esque, except in an entirely terrible sport.
                                                                            Last edited by The Situation; 03-11-19, 20:53.
                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

My god this is fucking ridiculous stuff

Comment

Ah jaysus. This is an absolute shambles. Confirmed shit sport. Despite the commentators word of the day being "tension"

Comment

That was exciting good comeback in the penos

Comment

...Absolute hockey scenes, what a turnaround in the penalty shootout...

Comment

Bout time they got some luck in the hockey

Comment

by a gee hair

Comment

You could sense the co-commentator seeing her free trip to Tokyo next summer slip away.

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                                            ...Absolute hockey scenes, what a turnaround in the penalty shootout...
                                                                                            The see-saw between despair and ecstacy in the ground was something else. Think my daughter may have permanently damaged her voice, not to mention the hearing of anyone unfortunate enough to be within range.

Enormous achievement. (And yes, the game itself was pretty shit with both teams setting up ultra-defensive.)

Comment

One thing that was really noticeable up close was that the Irish girls have put in some very serious gym work. Serious shoulders on even the most svelte of them.

Comment

I know people don't watch cash games anymore, but the Triton cash game is still the one to watch. Episode 1 came out yesterday 2k/4k/4k and everyone bought it for €500k

TonyG, Jungleman, Truteller, Ike Haxton and more. Some big pots...

🔱 The one you've been patiently waiting for, here is Episode 1 of the epic Triton Poker Montenegro 2019 No Limit Hold'em Cash Game, featuring 8 incredible s...

Comment

The see-saw between despair and ecstacy in the ground was something else. Think my daughter may have permanently damaged her voice, not to mention the hearing of anyone unfortunate enough to be within range.

Enormous achievement. (And yes, the game itself was pretty shit with both teams setting up ultra-defensive.)
                                                                                                  As a winner take all Olympic qualifier in a technical sport should be

Comment

I was stationed beside a very large (ex-prop I'm guessing) gent from Bective rugby club who seemed to be there as a mild diversion from his nightly demolition of many pints. He got fairly into it by the end, roaring all sorts at the umpires and demanding cards be shown left, right and centre. Once he got his wish and a green was brandished to a Canadian player - well Jesus, it was like trying to explain Shakespeare to a labrador.

"A green fucking card! Green!! Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaysisssssss."

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                                      As a winner take all Olympic qualifier in a technical sport should be
                                                                                                      Pity the men didn't take a few pointers when 6-3 up on aggregate last weekend.

Comment

morning
                                                                                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                          morning
                                                                                                          Did you watch the first ep of His Dark Materials?

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                            No spoilers pls. Have it recorded. Ta

Comment

Also have it recorded. Very excited tho.
                                                                                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                                No spoilers pls. Have it recorded. Ta
                                                                                                                Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                                Also have it recorded. Very excited tho.
                                                                                                                Not a spoiler... How can it be spoilered surely everyone has read it by now :confused

Anyhuw, I was a bit worried through the first quarter but by the end I was loving it and I'm content they are making a good job of it.

Would be tempted to save them up and binge them later in the year and having started the new book last week might be another reason to hold off for a while.

Comment

not sure about the optics of this on a day like today

Protesters plan 'bikini & shorts' protest over Taoiseach 'positive' climate change remarks

Comment

Actually, not sure about the optics of a load of crusties in bikinis at any time

#prayforDP

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                      Not a spoiler... How can it be spoilered surely everyone has read it by now :confused

Anyhuw, I was a bit worried through the first quarter but by the end I was loving it and I'm content they are making a good job of it.

Would be tempted to save them up and binge them later in the year and having started the new book last week might be another reason to hold off for a while.
                                                                                                                      Nah, never heard of it until I saw it advertised on telly.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                        Actually, not sure about the optics of a load of crusties in bikinis at any time

#prayforDP
                                                                                                                        Too manky out to go and have a look.
                                                                                                                        I can only hope each bikini was smuggling spiderwebs for optimum crustiness

Comment

On the ladies hockey, both games weren't great to watch. The first game was a complete washout with the weather.

The 2nd game was incredibly tense. I know that word was used about a million times but it really was. They had lost the playoff at the same stage 4 years ago to a penalty shoot out so getting so close again with potential to lose had to be playing on their minds.

Inbetween finishing 2nd in the worlds, they had a change of coach so there was some upheaval. Despite this, they put in an unbelievable amount of work to get to where they are. Yes, most sports people do but this is an amateur team so it takes even more effort IMO.

Also, it wasn't world beaters v's minnows. Canada are ranked 15th in the world, Ireland are ranked 8th so while we are ahead of them, it's not the equivalent of playing San Marino in football.

For people new to the game or not that familiar, it really didn't help to have Darragh Maloney as main commentator as he literally hasn't a clue about the game and at one point, I think he was just making stuff up to fill the time.

Overall, it's an absolutely fantastic achievement for the team, hopefully they can do well next year in Tokyo.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X