Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
    ha! snap AJ
    although the unbiased tv coverage bit had to be a bit of a needle
    It's just for the 35 days of the campaign if they give Johnson 3 minutes of unquestioned soundbites on the news they have to give Corbyn the same 3 minutes. If Johnson gets a 30 minute grilling from Marr then Corbyn is entitled to an equivalent slot.
    It's approaching a level playing field which they don't really have the rest of the year.
    Only applies to TV.

Comment

I usually think as little of Corbyn as the next man, but at the same time was very impressed by him on the campaign trail last time around, he came across very well and much more impressively than you would think given the usual coverage of him. What are the chances he has been demonised so much that the same proves true this time around? All he needs to do is engage in a debate and be seen as something more than the 'Red Jeremy' caricature of him to exceed expectations.

Comment

The thing that could do Corbyn the most harm is not being clear enough on his brexit position. What he wants to do is all well and good but its too complicated to put on a poster. If as it probably will be, this election is a proxy brexit referendum and Boris can kill Farrage then he only needs something like 33% of the popular vote to get a working majority.
        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Wait until the rabloids get stuck into Corbyn. He'll be somewhere left of Stalin.
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

election might be off...

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
              Wait until the rabloids get stuck into Corbyn. He'll be somewhere left of Stalin.
              You say that like it's a bad thing
              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

On the other side there will be a filthy no holds barred campaign against Boris.

While the political debate will be a proxy brexit referendum at the tabloid level it will actually be a Boris referendum.
                How well can a British half smart Trump play out against a constant barrage of clear evidence of lying, cheating, philandering, non child supporting, scrutiny defying, overprivileged bullingdon club bully who has failed miserably to deliver any vote or any promise since he was anointed leader.

How many times will Darius Guppy and the pole dancing entrepreneur be raised? Expect abandoned and denied children as well as a couple of unpaid abortion bills and more stories of domestic violence to feature heavily.

I guess no one ever went broke underestimating the stupidity of the general public but feck me if they give this twat a majority they deserve every misery that will inevitably befall them

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                  On the other side there will be a filthy no holds barred campaign against Boris.

While the political debate will be a proxy brexit referendum at the tabloid level it will actually be a Boris referendum.
                  How well can a British half smart Trump play out against a constant barrage of clear evidence of lying, cheating, philandering, non child supporting, scrutiny defying, overprivileged bullingdon club bully who has failed miserably to deliver any vote or any promise since he was anointed leader.

How many times will Darius Guppy and the pole dancing entrepreneur be raised? Expect abandoned and denied children as well as a couple of unpaid abortion bills and more stories of domestic violence to feature heavily.

I guess no one ever went broke underestimating the stupidity of the general public but feck me if they give this twat a majority they deserve every misery that will inevitably befall them
                  The problem being FPP and the state of the main opposition party. He'll win.

Comment

This scene needs a bagdhadi remix( looked at the comments and they are overwhelmingly positive....Christ)

Comment

The problem being FPP
                      Indeed, FPP as we know is the entire problem, if Clegg had had the balls to ensure getting STV in return for coalition they wouldn't be in this mess in the first place.
                      Fuck them they deserve all the pain thats coming

Comment

Have a wonderful rugby trip to Montpellier all lined up for January. Flights, trains, accom all ready to go and one fucker just will not commit. Solid beating required.
                        booked! Something to look forward to for the winter now.

Comment

And apparently our Connacht man is brining us to the home game in three weeks as well. Staying right beside Linnanes so there will be lobsters.

Now to inform the authorities...

Comment

Indeed, FPP as we know is the entire problem, if Clegg had had the balls to ensure getting STV in return for coalition they wouldn't be in this mess in the first place.
                            Fuck them they deserve all the pain thats coming
                            I'll take the other side of Conservative majority bet (i.e. I think they will get one) if you want. Evens with PP.

Comment

I had my first game of golf last week, never hit a driver before in my life up till then, a few games of pitch and put before i got married.
                              The good news is, I didnt hate it...may not have been very good but will deffo start to practice.

I see friends head away on these golfing holidays and i want in !
                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Just out of The Exorcist at the Gaiety, twas very good

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                  Just out of The Exorcist at the Gaiety, twas very good
                                  I was intrigued when I saw the flyers for it. What was good about it?

Comment

Wtched the first 2 TV episodes of Watchmen, decent as a show goes, brother recommends i watch the film...just for some context.

Yeah...3hour directors cut...Miss Jupiter...Good jesus
                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                      I had my first game of golf last week, never hit a driver before in my life up till then, a few games of pitch and put before i got married.
                                      The good news is, I didnt hate it...may not have been very good but will deffo start to practice.

I see friends head away on these golfing holidays and i want in !
                                      I recently started too having flirted with the game a few times in the past.
                                      If you're down in Waterford any time, drop me a PM and I'll arrange for a game, Switch will probably be around too.

I joined Faithlegg a few months ago, great value and I played Waterford Castle during the week which was really lovely. Easily my best round as it's been very frustrating the past few weeks but it feels like it's coming together a bit more, still shite but more enjoyable.
                                      I'm going to play somewhere in Killarney tomorrow. Its undoubtedly an addictive game.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                        I recently started too having flirted with the game a few times in the past.
                                        If you're down in Waterford any time, drop me a PM and I'll arrange for a game, Switch will probably be around too.

I joined Faithlegg a few months ago, great value and I played Waterford Castle during the week which was really lovely. Easily my best round as it's been very frustrating the past few weeks but it feels like it's coming together a bit more, still shite but more enjoyable.
                                        I'm going to play somewhere in Killarney tomorrow. Its undoubtedly an addictive game.
                                        Enjoy.

The good thing about golf is once it does all come together then you've mastered it and nothing ever goes wrong with your game from that point on

Comment

Don't do it.
                                          Golf cannot be enjoyed unless you are playing reasonably well in your grade.
                                          Unless you played fluently when young you cannot expect to play within 50% of your ability unless you are practicing a couple of times a week and even if you were good as a kid you still need to practice loads.

Life is too short, we already have plenty enough ways to punish ourselves without wasting two days a week on it

Comment

Don't do it.
                                            Golf cannot be enjoyed unless you are playing reasonably well in your grade.
                                            Unless you played fluently when young you cannot expect to play within 50% of your ability unless you are practicing a couple of times a week and even if you were good as a kid you still need to practice loads.

Life is too short, we already have plenty enough ways to punish ourselves without wasting two days a week on it
                                            All you need is one great hole and you'll be on the phone booking your next game. Sure look at runners celebrating mediocrity, why shouldn't golfers feel the same. Par birdie double bogey , it's all about the next hole . Love the game myself . I need a game now . Feck

Comment

Yea I got a bit obsessed with golf around 2012. Got down to a h'cap of 14 and gave it up shortly after as I realised I was never gonna be any good and didn't want to spend 6 hours every weekend trying. I did break 80 though. All the nice gear I bought has been untouched in the garage for the last 5 years or so.
                                              Started playing snooker again recently. Much more civilised impossibly difficult game that takes much less time and can be played on Winter nights.

Comment

I find my concentration span has withered over last few years, would have hit 40-50 breaks in snooker regular enough in my 30s, would struggle now to hit 20 without my mind wandering mid-shot. Pool suits me better, good tunes on the jukebox and a few pints of a Sunday evening. I did love the dark and quiet of the snooker hall though, very calming environment.
                                                Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Found an old biscuit tin containing some of my old lead soldiers, and their moulds. Surprised the company that sells them is still around, as it seemed like an accident waiting to happen even in 1980! https://shop.princeaugust.ie/

Prince August Family Craft Kit (PA14001) allows adults and kids to be creative together. Learn how to help your child cast as many fairies as they want, quic...

Comment

Vote Tory hashtag getting a bit of a battering this morning

Comment

I'll take the other side of Conservative majority bet (i.e. I think they will get one) if you want. Evens with PP.
                                                      Much as I feel they deserve the predicted 10% + hit to the economy I find the prospect of them leaving so profoundly depressing as to be sure its clouding my judgment.
                                                      Would need to figure out how much of my opinion is wishful thinking, don't think I'll be putting much money where my mouth is @ 2.0

How about €75 of Italian meats to an equivalent Sheridans cheese hamper?

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                        Found an old biscuit tin containing some of my old lead soldiers, and their moulds. Surprised the company that sells them is still around, as it seemed like an accident waiting to happen even in 1980! https://shop.princeaugust.ie/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1are7AG6Hck
                                                        Love that the kid already had a blood blister under her thumb from being hit with a hammer

I'm presuming its some sort of tin based alloy and there's no lead involved.

getting a strong vibe of the bad guy in Happy! off that video

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                          Yea I got a bit obsessed with golf around 2012. Got down to a h'cap of 14 and gave it up shortly after as I realised I was never gonna be any good and didn't want to spend 6 hours every weekend trying. I did break 80 though. All the nice gear I bought has been untouched in the garage for the last 5 years or so.
                                                          Started playing snooker again recently. Much more civilised impossibly difficult game that takes much less time and can be played on Winter nights.
                                                          Started the snooker again myself. Picked up a new cue last Friday and went to a snooker hall on Saturday. Obviously couldn't pot a ball but enjoyed it and hoping to make a regular weekend thing. Tenner an hour for the table isnt bad either.

Comment

I play up in ALSAA where my mate is a member and it's €4! Tables were great but they got destroyed over the weekend huge rips in the felt of both and all of the rests etc broken.

Comment

Much as I feel they deserve the predicted 10% + hit to the economy I find the prospect of them leaving so profoundly depressing as to be sure its clouding my judgment.
                                                              Would need to figure out how much of my opinion is wishful thinking, don't think I'll be putting much money where my mouth is @ 2.0

How about €75 of Italian meats to an equivalent Sheridans cheese hamper?
                                                              Given the timing of the election, that seems like a superb wager!

Booked.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                I was intrigued when I saw the flyers for it. What was good about it?

Acting, stage design and effects were all great.

Only complaint was that they relied on one crutch a little too much

Comment

I'm presuming its some sort of tin based alloy and there's no lead involved.
                                                                  Their 'standard metal' is still 65% lead. They do have lead free options, at about 3 times the price. https://shop.princeaugust.ie/pa2057-standard-metal/

Comment

Interesting little angle AIB have on the mortgage market. We paid off a large chunk of our mortgage with the proceeds of old gaff.

This moved us down to well below <50% LTV, at which point I (naively) thought AIB would adjust the SVR downwards to the 2.75% rate. Not so.

Following a chat with their help line earlier, I found out you have to apply for them to do this and also arrange for a valuer to come out and revalue your house. And they won't backdate the impact to when the repayment was made but only from the date that you apply.

Nice little scam. I'd say inertia makes them a nice wedge on this.

Comment

Banks always have been and always will be my pet hate. I've had ridiculous arguments with them over the years over tiny amounts of money and always refused to budge on the principle of it, always won too

I mean, I'm sure there are way scummier business/industries out there but there is just something about the banks that boil my blood.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                        Banks always have been and always will be my pet hate. I've had ridiculous arguments with them over the years over tiny amounts of money and always refused to budge on the principle of it, always won too

I mean, I'm sure there are way scummier business/industries out there but there is just something about the banks that boil my blood.
                                                                        Obviously most bankers are scrupulous people of the highest morals.

I did think the above was a bit egregious. If rates went up, they sure as shit wouldn't hesitate in applying that!

Now trying the same thing on the life cover. Currently covered for X, and now want to reduce to (40% of X). Rang Aviva.

"hi, we made a big lump sum repayment. Want to reduce cover from X to (40% of X) please."

"oh you can only do that on the anniversary of the policy" (which is 6 months away)

"OK, cancel the policy then. I'll just arrange the new cover with one of your competitors."

"errrr, let me have a broker call you back"

Comment

I did think the above was a bit egregious. If rates went up, they sure as shit wouldn't hesitate in applying that!

Now trying the same thing on the life cover. Currently covered for X, and now want to reduce to (40% of X). Rang Aviva.

"hi, we made a big lump sum repayment. Want to reduce cover from X to (40% of X) please."

"oh you can only do that on the anniversary of the policy" (which is 6 months away)

"OK, cancel the policy then. I'll just arrange the new cover with one of your competitors."

Same shit with Energia last week. I changed to one of the other crowds the other week as I got a bill that was way over what I paid this month last year despite using less units.

I get a call from one of their agents when they find out I'm mid-switch who says 'do you know as a loyal customer you're entitled to further discounts on your rates?'. What can you reply to that only 'do you understand as a loyal customer how much that makes me want to petrol bomb your office?'

Comment

Interesting little angle AIB have on the mortgage market. We paid off a large chunk of our mortgage with the proceeds of old gaff.

This moved us down to well below <50% LTV, at which point I (naively) thought AIB would adjust the SVR downwards to the 2.75% rate. Not so.

Following a chat with their help line earlier, I found out you have to apply for them to do this and also arrange for a valuer to come out and revalue your house. And they won't backdate the impact to when the repayment was made but only from the date that you apply.

Probably worth making a complaint formally and if no satisfaction reporting them to https://www.fspo.ie I would be surprised if they don't or aren't forced to backdate. The new code is more about customer fairness rather than legal justification since the tracker scandal.

Comment

Present company excluded of course, but the rest are all shysters

I think my favourite one is from when I was around 18/19 - I just went from working and getting paid cash weekly to getting paid monthly direct into bank A/c

At the time I had an interest paying current A/c - Yes, there was such a thing back then, think it was originally a student A/c.

Anyway, I noticed that I wasn't paid any interest for two quarters in a row so I rang the bank. They told me that in order to get wages paid directly into your A/c, you had to go full current account and no interest was paid on these.

I disputed this as I was never advised this & there was no consent given to which I was told, 'a letter would have been sent.' Having not received any letter, I asked for a copy, which they could not produce.

After getting fobbed off a few times on the phone, I dropped into the branch and requsted they went through the A/c. Again, we went through the whole story again, must have current A/c, letter would have beens sent, etc, etc. I was having none of it and insisted they calcuated the interest owed.

The rather snooty bank teller did her calculations and retorted with, 'it would only have been £9.73 in interest'

I didn't blink and calmly said 'You can credit that to my A/c, I don't need the cash right now'

She was not a happy camper becuase A) I had pulled her up on all the bullshit she spouted and B) I was a 18/19 year old wipper snapper telling her (in her late 40's / early 50's) that she was wrong

But she credited the A/c with the £9.73

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                Present company excluded of course, but the rest are all shysters

I think my favourite one is from when I was around 18/19 - I just went from working and getting paid cash weekly to getting paid monthly direct into bank A/c

At the time I had an interest paying current A/c - Yes, there was such a thing back then, think it was originally a student A/c.

Anyway, I noticed that I wasn't paid any interest for two quarters in a row so I rang the bank. They told me that in order to get wages paid directly into your A/c, you had to go full current account and no interest was paid on these.

I disputed this as I was never advised this & there was no consent given to which I was told, 'a letter would have been sent.' Having not received any letter, I asked for a copy, which they could not produce.

After getting fobbed off a few times on the phone, I dropped into the branch and requsted they went through the A/c. Again, we went through the whole story again, must have current A/c, letter would have beens sent, etc, etc. I was having none of it and insisted they calcuated the interest owed.

The rather snooty bank teller did her calculations and retorted with, 'it would only have been £9.73 in interest'

I didn't blink and calmly said 'You can credit that to my A/c, I don't need the cash right now'

She was not a happy camper becuase A) I had pulled her up on all the bullshit she spouted and B) I was a 18/19 year old wipper snapper telling her (in her late 40's / early 50's) that she was wrong

But she credited the A/c with the £9.73
                                                                                Not that I ever have, but working in a retail bank seems to be the equivalent of working for Euro Giant these days. Depressing places that actively try to push customers away to a helpline that never offers help.

The days when the local bank manager was a man (always a man) of stature about the town are well gone and most retail banks now seem to be staffed by clueless kids who failed their Leaving Cert.

Comment

In fairness to the insurance people, that one took no time at all (and saved more than the mortgage stuff).

Still waiting for that long-promised day when some upstart competitor comes along and shakes up the entire Irish mortgage market by offering European rates. Which would be 1.5% vs the 3%+ that we generally pay.

Comment

Not that I ever have, but working in a retail bank seems to be the equivalent of working for Euro Giant these days. Depressing places that actively try to push customers away to a helpline that never offers help.

The days when the local bank manager was a man (always a man) of stature about the town are well gone and most retail banks now seem to be staffed by clueless kids who failed their Leaving Cert.
                                                                                    Was at a family thing over the weekend and my dad (worked for BOI from the age of 17 to retirement) was saying pretty much exactly the same thing having done his time in branches. Came up in conversation after my brother mentioned how much my dad had banged on about doing his best to avoid branch work when he went to work for them too.

Comment

As much as it is uncomfortable for a lot of people, being assertive (but not an asshole - fine line) is a sure fire way to get what you want from most companies.

Like Raoul said, inertia must cost people so much money, similarly not wanting to be assertive and actively ask for things even if uncomfortable costs people millions too.

See: Employment negotiations.
                                                                                      See: Phone bills.
                                                                                      See: Internet and TV Bills.

I have no idea re mortgages and banks because Im a 31 year old manchild.
                                                                                      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

In fairness to the insurance people, that one took no time at all (and saved more than the mortgage stuff).

Still waiting for that long-promised day when some upstart competitor comes along and shakes up the entire Irish mortgage market by offering European rates. Which would be 1.5% vs the 3%+ that we generally pay.
                                                                                        Never gonna happen when you can't boot people out of their houses for defaulting basically since they moved in.
                                                                                        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Butch and Sundance had it right.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                            As much as it is uncomfortable for a lot of people, being assertive (but not an asshole - fine line) is a sure fire way to get what you want from most companies.

Like Raoul said, inertia must cost people so much money, similarly not wanting to be assertive and actively ask for things even if uncomfortable costs people millions too.

See: Employment negotiations.
                                                                                            See: Phone bills.
                                                                                            See: Internet and TV Bills.

I have no idea re mortgages and banks because Im a 31 year old manchild.
                                                                                            And car insurance. Had the same craic with AXA last week. Been with them 6 years, got a renewal quote in the post €783 after paying €836 last year. Rang around for other quotes and chill said they would go to €690. Rang AXA, asked was there any more they could do for me since I'm with them so long, unfortunately not as its come down since last year. I say that's grand, was onto chill earlier and they said they will beat the quote by 100. Let me see what I can do he says. And beats the chill quote.

I literally ring them once a year to renew, youd think they would try and look after low maintenance customers.

Comment

This decision regarding the banks feels like an all round good call: https://www.irishtimes.com/business/...ears-1.4066798

I understand the legal costs of pursuing those who are in arrears but preventing the front loading of costs before a ruling seems a good decision.

Comment

High Street banks premises are heading the way of the Dodo, All that infrastructure,staffing,Pensions,Rent etc etc How can they compete with lean from the beginning Internet Start ups like Revolut?
                                                                                                Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                                https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                                                                                  High Street banks premises are heading the way of the Dodo, All that infrastructure,staffing,Pensions,Rent etc etc How can they compete with lean from the beginning Internet Start ups like Revolut?
                                                                                                  When shit hits the fan. You need a human. That is what will keep some level of high street banks around. I could see them going the way of car dealerships (where they all locate in a similar area) and all being in the same premises, perhaps even sharing staff.

But removing the ability to see and talk to a human directly is unlikely to be a thing for a long time, if ever.

I believe strongly in the "neo" bank premise(and infrastructure model), I'm a shareholder in Xinja (Aussie neo bank). But I think swinging the pendulum too far won't hold out.

I met a would be capitalist pig (former owner of SkiptheDishes) about a job, he is starting his own bank, modelled on the likes of revolut. His intro to being a bank is to start a credit card, with flexible (user chosen) rewards as a means to establishment, then moving into deposit taking, then into lending.

Canadian banks have their shit together when it comes to apps and their digital transformation, even offering a subsidiary of fake neo banks which are basically big banks re-skinned with a shiny front end, and snazzy marketing. So he wont win on that front I suspect.

Comment

Had the same with them where we went and got a valuation but they flat out told us that the terms of our mortgage meant this wasn't an option. Thought about switching but forgot...few months later I get a letter from AIB offering a switch to <50% LTV. Have to get another valuation now before it kicks in which, of course I've not got around to yet.

Comment

I've been meaning to move to AIB for about six months now, inertia is a bitch it's true. Really need to get my shit in order. Got a LTV reduction about two years ago from KBC, but as with AIB had to schedule a valuer and pay for the privilege, the savings even in year one make it well worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                                        I've been meaning to move to AIB for about six months now, inertia is a bitch it's true. Really need to get my shit in order. Got a LTV reduction about two years ago from KBC, but as with AIB had to schedule a valuer and pay for the privilege, the savings even in year one make it well worth it.
                                                                                                        fo' sho

I have the valuer coming tomorrow morning. Great having a week off where you sort shit out! Easily saving 1k a year from today's activity.

Comment

When shit hits the fan. You need a human. That is what will keep some level of high street banks around. I could see them going the way of car dealerships (where they all locate in a similar area) and all being in the same premises, perhaps even sharing staff.

But removing the ability to see and talk to a human directly is unlikely to be a thing for a long time, if ever.

I believe strongly in the "neo" bank premise(and infrastructure model), I'm a shareholder in Xinja (Aussie neo bank). But I think swinging the pendulum too far won't hold out.

I met a would be capitalist pig (former owner of SkiptheDishes) about a job, he is starting his own bank, modelled on the likes of revolut. His intro to being a bank is to start a credit card, with flexible (user chosen) rewards as a means to establishment, then moving into deposit taking, then into lending.

Canadian banks have their shit together when it comes to apps and their digital transformation, even offering a subsidiary of fake neo banks which are basically big banks re-skinned with a shiny front end, and snazzy marketing. So he wont win on that front I suspect.
                                                                                                          The banking industry has been laughing at the efforts of would-be disruptors for many years now. They all struggle with capital, regulation and scale.

Comment

The banking industry has been laughing at the efforts of would-be disruptors for many years now. They all struggle with capital, regulation and scale.
                                                                                                            Additionally if what I've seen is indicative of anything regarding neo banks, their risk departments must be non-existent.
                                                                                                            Daily growing lists of banks which won't be dealt with moving forward.

Comment

Let em keep laughing. Snow melts from the edges.

Comment

I've got a couple of neobank accounts, revolut and monzo. Not a hope in hell I'm moving my main banking with them. And to be fair, my main bank has a very decent app from which I do all my standard banking from.

Comment

It's just a fact, trust me I take no pleasure in it!

Comment

Stereotypical auld wan at work asked me to help her set up a Revolut a\c. Done and dusted in less than an hour on her shitty, 4 versions behind, tiny, android phone. Got my €10- referral bonus of course.

Banking is probably the least complex business for automation and the application of ML and AI. Nothing fancy required. Block-chain and quantum computing waiting in the wings to finish ye off.

Your days are most certainly numbered bucko. Finance jobs are about as secure as a Postman's.
                                                                                                                    Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                                      I play up in ALSAA where my mate is a member and it's €4! Tables were great but they got destroyed over the weekend huge rips in the felt of both and all of the rests etc broken.
                                                                                                                      Was back in Ireland last week for a few days and went to the ALSAA for a game. Obviously didn't have a cue with with me and ended up unscrewing the long rest at the side of the table and playing 4 frames with a shitty light 3 foot piece of a cue. It was still better than any other options that were there!

P.S. I didn't wreck the tables 😛

Comment

What's the story V?

A total of 585,000 workers will pay up to 6pc of their wages into a new automatic enrolment scheme to be rolled out in three years.
                                                                                                                        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                                                          Isn't this the Joan Bruton auto-enrollment thing rebadged?

It is obviously a very sensible idea.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X