Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went up to the Meath SFC final today. Ratoath beat Summerhill 3-15 to 2-13. Ratoath were a junior club in 2011, won that and won intermediate in 2015 and now have their first ever (I think) senior championship. They were full value for the win and the scoreline actually flatters Summerhill because they were comprehensively beaten all over the pitch.

Dublin SFC final next weekend. Ballyboden v Thomas Davis. TD with a shock win last night so could be another cracker.

Comment

There's definite satisfaction to be taken reading Kimmage persistently going after the biggest prick in Irish sport, which is a difficult title in a country thats produced Conor McGregor
      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
        There's definite satisfaction to be taken reading Kimmage persistently going after the biggest prick in Irish sport, which is a difficult title in a country thats produced Conor McGregor
        Roy Keane will batter him.
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

You would think it impossible to make something starring the city of Marseilles and Gerard Depardieu into something shit but Netflix have managed it.

Comment

6-5 up on aggregate in the hockey playoff and a man in the bin heading into the last quarter.

Squeaky posterior time.

Live on RTE News now. Looks a beautiful day in Vancouver.

Comment

2 more players in the bin, 1 from each team. Messy stuff.

Comment

A 2-legged play-off with the higher-seeded team at home for both games
                If FIFA did that.....

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                  A 2-legged play-off with the higher-seeded team at home for both games
                  If FIFA did that.....
                  And taking off your goalkeeper to try and force a result. Soccer it isn't. Thankfully.

Comment

Jaykers. Full time and a technical referral for potential foul in the D...

Comment

Tiger has a shot at getting to 82 wins at 8 am on a Monday morning in Japan.

Comment

This nearly makes VAR look efficient tbf.

That's a foul imo. Penalty corner.

Comment

Penalty stroke for a penalty shootout.

Top sporting drama here.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                            And taking off your goalkeeper to try and force a result. Soccer it isn't. Thankfully.
                            Seems a bit dodgier tbh, Diego got some backhander there.

Comment

Flow of vicarious excitement interrupted by having to Google penalty corner to see if that's a likely goal scoring possibility in hockey.

Comment

Some decision by the 4th man there

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                  Seems a bit dodgier tbh, Diego got some backhander there.
                                  If he took him down...it probably is a penalty tbf.

Question was if he did. Couldn't tell from the pictures I saw.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                    Flow of vicarious excitement interrupted by having to Google penalty corner to see if that's a likely goal scoring possibility in hockey.
                                    Top teams probably score 50% of them.

Comment

Lee Cole's dad was the first man I ever marked in a Division 1 game, aged 16. Think he threatened to remove my head at one stage.

Unnecessary threat as they won 8-0.

Comment

Now that's ballsy. Canada sub off the keeper and put on the second choice lad.

Comment

BOOM! Umpire gives us one back. Easy decision tbf.

3-1 up after 3...HOLD.

Comment

A game where you can be penalised for obstructing the keeper during a penalty. Interesting.

Comment

A game where you can be penalised for obstructing the keeper during a penalty. Interesting.
                                              He knocked him over, blatant obstruction.

Me heart...

Comment

We fecked me thinks

Comment

Come on Davy Fitz....

Comment

Fuck me. This is cruel shit.

Comment

Punting the referral for the craic

Comment

UL RDIII.

Comment

Crap sport confirmed.
                                                          Great way to do a penalty shootout, no?

Some way for four year's work, for amateurs, to go down the toilet.

Comment

Great way to do a penalty shootout, no?

Some way for four year's work, for amateurs, to go down the toilet.
                                                            Ah I quickly edited my post, was just disappointed for you.

Comment

Ah I quickly edited my post, was just disappointed for you.
                                                              Just have to get the women through next weekend.

I don't really watch any senior hockey these days so don't feel all that devastated personally. Feel awful for the players though.

Comment

Tiger
                                                                Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

1x ticket available for a-ha tomorrow night in three arena @ €65

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                    Tiger
                                                                    He'll comfortably pass Snead before he retires as I'm sure he has a couple of wins after his performances in 2019.

That said, his back must be very week to week as someone on OTB mentioned how he was on the range at The Open and he topped the ball 7 or 8 times and could barely rotate. It'll be interesting to see how much time he has left.

Either way, I suspect Nicklaus is out of sight but who knows.

Comment

We all rushing out to buy Michaella McCollum's book?

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

I'm holding out for the Banged up Abroad episode on National Geographc instead.

Comment

At a loss what to do with meself today.
                                                                          Family down at carlow pumpkin thing overnight and seriously thinking about working...
                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                            At a loss what to do with meself today.
                                                                            Family down at carlow pumpkin thing overnight and seriously thinking about working...
                                                                            Have a wank
                                                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                              Have a wank
                                                                              Shooting dust at this stage m8.
                                                                              Decided to get bbq and back to a local punting the ears off the nags
                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                Shooting dust at this stage m8.
                                                                                Decided to get bbq and back to a local punting the ears off the nags
                                                                                Great choice
                                                                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Back 'Randalls Ur Poet' 4-places in the next at Galway and double your money.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                                                    We all rushing out to buy Michaella McCollum's book?

There was an interview with her in The Independent either yesterday or today and the first words out of my mouth when i saw it were 'Why is this fucking cunt still in the news?'

Didn't realise there was a book out but makes sense now.

Comment

Garces gets to ref the final. what the absolute fuck?

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                        Garces gets to ref the final. what the absolute fuck?
                                                                                        Poor choice.
                                                                                        I think its a problem that as RDIII says you get a better game when Nigel is in charge. Either they all need to get up to his level or there is something wrong that they can't.
                                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

One of the consequences of moving to a leafy area is leaves. Carpeted.

Shocking I know.

Comment

One of the consequences of moving to a leafy area is leaves. Carpeted.

Shocking I know.
                                                                                            At least yesterday's frost wasn't hard enough to kill off all the flowers

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                              Back 'Randalls Ur Poet' 4-places in the next at Galway and double your money.
                                                                                              made a bomb on Jazz Lady @13/1 (aftertiming alert!) then lost steadily until clawing back a chunk on 2 late faves in Kempton.

Left to my own devices I drank like a fish and then ate a large pizza on my own.
                                                                                              Moving very carefully today to avoid something spilling out from one end or the other

Comment

...long version from the album "Reflections" (1981)

Comment

Have watched every single game of this rugby world cup, and have grown to absolutely hate Garces. So much time in scrums during his games, standing in truly awful positions and watching the offside line instead of the actual rucks and missing penalties because of it.

I backed England before the start of this, and thought they would actually win by 20+ in the final with Owens or any competent ref but now with the guarantee of a fuck load of scrums I actually think they might be fucked by shitty ref.

Also, lol at var in premier league.
                                                                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

December election

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                                                                      December election

The real fun will be when he gets a decent majority.

Comment

He won't.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                          He won't.
                                                                                                          What's going to stop him? Not Labour.

Comment

The real fun will be if they are still in the EU when the anti money laundering laws start to kick in... IF someone in England is smart enough to make a massive deal out of the links between Brexit backers/Tory family members and off-shore money

All available now but much easier to use with general public when it is all happening and in their faces

Comment

I fancy Labour most seats but falling short of an overall maj.
                                                                                                              Boris to have a meltdown on the campaign trail, the rest of his vile cabinet to alienate most of the country (Priti Patel in debates lol).
                                                                                                              Jezza to chugg along as before, taking advantage of the unbiased tv coverage to again remind people he's a decent normal guy with perfectly reasonable policies, not the devil incarnate. The likes of Starmer and Thornberry to appeal to the middle ground again.

7/1 most seats available.

Comment

Sanity will prevail. There will be enough tactical remain voting to leave him needing some help, at a minimum the DUP but probably more. Scotland will be the key there will not be a single Tory seat there and only a few labour. There will follow more extensions to allow for an independence referendum in Scotland or his deal up v remain or maybe even both.

Comment

Some amount of confirmation bias on here today. Although I think AJ was being sarcastic....I think.

Comment

Although I think AJ was being sarcastic....I think.
                                                                                                                    Jaysus no, wouldn't be giving a false tip. It's my genuine read of the situation.

de Pfaffel losing seats in Scotland (SNP) and South West (Lib) seems accepted by everyone. Good chance they also lose their handful of seats in Merseyside (the Boris/Hillsborough thing).
                                                                                                                    To make up this deficit they supposedly will cut a swathe through the working class labour areas (north east, wales, Manchester, possibly even London). Just can't see it.

Comment

They aren't gonna get a better chance tbh

1) There aren't really any other options. Numbers aren't there for a referendum. Too much of a risk that the WAB passes in the next couple of weeks.

2) Corbyn has spent 2 years demanding an election. The official opposition should pretty much always want one.

3) This time was an exception because we needed to know that No Deal couldn't happen during the campaign and that the WAB wouldn't pass first. Tick and tick.

4) It is such a bad look for Labour to be the only party saying no. It will see them obliterated in the polls in the next few weeks if they keep trying to dig up new reasons to say no, after their old conditions are met.

5) Boris having a clear deal on the table to scrutinise is about as vulnerable as he can be. Have the election earlier and he'd promise the world. Have it after the WAB passes and he's King Leaver who got Brexit done. The problem with this is that I don't think Labour are capable of communicating the nuances of the deal and how it is bad for Britain in an electoral sense. Not enough bullet points and too many big words. It needs a better orator to turn it into easily digestible election speak.

6) It's basically the only hope at this point. And with that in mind, time to change the mood in this country. Boris failed to get Brexit done on time. He's there for the taking in any competent campaign. Don't be scared of the cunt.

7) Where are they gonna get the seats? Scotland will go massively SNP, south west will go Lib Dem, London will go Labour. They'll have to pick up a fuck load of seats in places that never vote Tory to get the landslide some are fearing.

8) For the first time in a long time, the Tory vote will be split. Rabidly Leaving areas can and maybe will go BXP instead of Tory. Farage's election plan will be interesting to see.
                                                                                                                      Last edited by DeadParrot; 29-10-19, 14:21.

Comment

ha! snap AJ
                                                                                                                        although the unbiased tv coverage bit had to be a bit of a needle

Comment

The levels of Tory outrage if the motion of give EU citizens the vote passes would be quite spectacular

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X