Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd say PSV's mickey is red raw at this stage, given the amount of masturbation over the last few weeks.
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
      I'd say PSV's mickey is red raw at this stage, given the amount of masturbation over the last few weeks.
      Not true. Irish rugger fans tears make an excellent lube

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
        The excuses and kid gloves are out already. Reality not getting a look in, we will be back making conservative choices in th 6 nations and overhyping autumn friendliest again next year. Legends
        So? For a team that hasn’t got past a QF maybe a good 6N is all we can hope for.

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
        Wales have been poor but fair play to them. Why France didn’t tack on a drop goal at some stage between the 50th and 70th minute I do not know. No one with the balls to take it on.

Disgraceful by no 5 as well. No defending that.
        Didn’t Lopez attempt a few?
        Begrudgery lol, the stock phrase people in ireland go to when confronted with uncomfortable truths.
        We will never learn , already the ducking and diving from responsibility has started with the rugby media sycophants, hiding behind mawkish tributes to best and Schmidt nothing will be learned.
        Same people who were trumpeting for ages about how World Cup was only comp that mattered and it would be what Schmidt and this team would be judged on desperately trying to minimise what a failure this World Cup was. We were told all week how this wasn’t a vintage NZ side but now that they tonked us they that’s all brushed under the carpet.
        They failed by the metrics they set themselves and rammed down everyone’s throats on their chummy chats with their media cheerleaders
        Finding it hard to pinpoint your rants, I’m not sure why you’d want Ireland to fail? Because some marketing people got their messsgd wrong for you, or because some people who played the sport that you didnt like lived beside you and they might enjoy a win? It’s weird.
        For me sport is to be enjoyed regardless of sport I’d always support Ireland as I want Irish people to do well.

Originally posted by oleras View Post
        That was my point, kinda, they all declare it, its enhances their performance. They are all taking PED's.

Undeclared stuff and steroid abuse is the real deal though, very few clean pro sports peoples imo.
        Depends on what level you call doping, is taking creatine and protein supplements doping?

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post

Depends on what level you call doping, is taking creatine and protein supplements doping?
          No, they're not doping, they fall into a category of permissible sports supplements. Protein supplements are no more beneficial than eating food with similar nutritional value except it's probably more easily broken down.
          Creatine although a naturally occurring combo of three amino acids that has shown to help improve muscle mass, it's impact is not that big plus it has a very good safety record so it's effects have a very limited influence at both ends.

I'd be happy to simply adhere to WADA to determine what's doping, currently they dont apply but the needle moves constantly so who knows.
          Up until relatively recently you could purchase HGH and DMAA over the counter in Ireland but they're not allowed anymore.
          Taking >100ml intravenous fluids of any kind 12 hours before competition is viewed as doping even though the contents are clean, clearly that's viewed as more beneficial than protein supplements and creatine.

Comment

Not true. Irish rugger fans tears make an excellent lube
            Careful now boss, you might be accused of making light of rape!

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
              He's the Micheal Owen of Irish sport. Good career but shouldn't be let anywhere near an analytical team. Diabolical human.

I'd say the poor Munster lads having to spend weeks away with his type at world cups down the years is a large part of the reason behind our failures.
              You can criticise his career and his media persona all you like but you have little or no knowledge about him as a person, saying he is a diabolical person is ignorant, nasty, totally wrong and says a lot more about you than it does about him.
              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Breaking: British PM Boris Johnson & FF leader Micheal Martin have spoken this evening by phone.

It's reported the PM was interested to learn of Fianna Fáil's '1 person 2 votes' parliamentary voting system, hoping to deploy the same tactics to help get his Brexit deal through.

Comment

I see APOB has 11 of the 12 entries in the G1 Racing Post Trophy on Saturday.
                  Fairly unhealthy situation.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                    I see APOB has 11 of the 12 entries in the G1 Racing Post Trophy on Saturday.
                    Fairly unhealthy situation.
                    It’s hardly APOB fault, blame the English trainers, good money down to 6th, he entered 11 and probably would have run 2/3. Now he will run 6/7 probably, get all the money.

Comment

Is the aer lingus lounge any good in dublin airport? Wondering whether I'd bother turning up early to chill out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                        No, they're not doping, they fall into a category of permissible sports supplements. Protein supplements are no more beneficial than eating food with similar nutritional value except it's probably more easily broken down.
                        Creatine although a naturally occurring combo of three amino acids that has shown to help improve muscle mass, it's impact is not that big plus it has a very good safety record so it's effects have a very limited influence at both ends.

I'd be happy to simply adhere to WADA to determine what's doping, currently they dont apply but the needle moves constantly so who knows.
                        Up until relatively recently you could purchase HGH and DMAA over the counter in Ireland but they're not allowed anymore.
                        Taking >100ml intravenous fluids of any kind 12 hours before competition is viewed as doping even though the contents are clean, clearly that's viewed as more beneficial than protein supplements and creatine.
                        It’s interesting that they focus on impact over safety, my view would be that the only reason doping/PEDs shouldn’t be allowed is that it harms the persons safety long term, if it’s perfectly safe and improves performance then go for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                          Is the aer lingus lounge any good in dublin airport? Wondering whether I'd bother turning up early to chill out there.
                          it's crap

Comment

This FF invisible voting scandal is a great mood-lifter of a Monday morning. Besides the two knuckle-draggers Collins and Dimmy Tooley, it's now sucked in Lisa Chambers, long been groomed as FF token woman leader in waiting.

Rumours that Willie O'Dea is involved too but surely that would just be too many cherries on top.
                            Serious lol at your naivety if you think this is a FF only practice

Comment

Little spot of match fixing, or betting on an early red card

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                it's crap
                                Its certainly not worth turning up early for. Can get a glass of bubbles and a comfy chair though, charge phone and have a latte while keeping an eye on the Gate Screens.
                                Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                  We surpassed our mid cycle World championship crown this cycle, really knocked it out of the park. Unfortunately if Schmidt wasn’t going we’d probably have to move on - he just failed to make any meaningful changes or adjustments as 2019 went on. Either he didn’t see it or he couldn’t figure it out but in both cases it seriously tarnishes his legacy. You get to the quarters of this thing every four years and it’s so fucking clear that it’s the pinnacle of the sport. Letting 40+ points in two quarters in a row is simply humiliating. You spend a cycle being physical tough imposing and then get blown away with ease when it matters the most.

Not to say Schmidt didn’t have a good tenure overall, he clearly did better than any Irish coach before him in terms of consistency of achievement. But Saturday and Cardiff four year’s ago is hard to shake off. In his two most important games he had nothing to offer. No ability to reach deep into a squad and pull a performance or alter things positively on the day of reckoning.

I’d say the tour to Australia last year was probably his greatest achievement. Winning two of three games played with a week between each one, in hostile conditions, where it is historically a scenario we don’t manage our best. I’d easily rank that ahead of six nations or wins at home in the autumn, etc. And it was that which had me genuinely hopeful about this World Cup, more-so than the New Zealand win. Winning a tour down south was reminiscent of the kind of stuff England did in the run in to 2003. Beat everyone everywhere.

But the England game was a ruh roh moment; Wales was shocking; and by the time we were getting hockeyed in Twickenham it was clear we were fucked. No plan B or ability to change the momentum of a game once it went against us. The funny thing was it started good against Japan, we were on top and then...

Anyway, I’m as down about Irish Rugby as I ever have been. We have a huge turnover of players needed, the whole core of the team won’t make France. Sexton should be retired, bar a relief role for the next year or so - 20 minutes a game type thing. I say it every four years, but anyone who isn’t going to make 2023 shouldn’t be starting a six nations game in 2020. Fuck that. But of course, the money needs to keep coming in. We’ll beat England in Twickenham and the boys will be great again; everyone will be happy - go the Vodafone Greens.
                                  The lack of changes is a bit harsh though, no? No one was saying we need youth and changes this time last year, so for all intents and purposes he was on the right track at that stage.
                                  Key milestones were hit along the way, grand slam (only ever won 3), Austrian tour win, South Africa away and beating NZ twice are fantastic achievements. We can play it down and say that they were at home end of season tours but so were many of the 20 straight losses against them before that.
                                  I’d prefer if we had a better World Cup, but no one will accept 4th in the 6N for 2020 and 2021 as a way to build for the next one, Farrell mightn’t even stay in the job if that’s the case even if the 2023 squad is improving.
                                  You could hardly have said England were “building nicely” after their shambolic WC, then Ireland hammer them in 2017 at home and Wales beat them this year.

You need a lot of things to go your way in a WC, I don’t think NZ would have beaten S.A. in the semis in 2015 if you took McCaw, Carter, Read, Smith and Retallick out. We were decimated with injuries then so Schmidt can be forgiven for losing that game imo.

I’m devastated that we were utter crap in this WC except for the manner of the Scotland game, and would also like changes but I don’t see why anyone would take joy in that.
                                  Last edited by Goodluck2me; 22-10-19, 10:42. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Neither of those are drugs though. All of the prohibited substances are drugs.

It’s interesting that they focus on impact over safety, my view would be that the only reason doping/PEDs shouldn’t be allowed is that it harms the persons safety long term, if it’s perfectly safe and improves performance then go for it.
                                    The vast majority of PEDs are probably safe (at safe doses). Most are drugs developed as medicines.

HGH over the counter? When that this?
                                    DMAA I know about, stimulants are common in supplements. But I can't imagine human hormones ever being ok in the supplement shop.

Comment

Interesting article on the events in Chile.

It's about more than the economy. SANTIAGO - As the most developed economy and most stable democracy in Latin America, Chile was the last country

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                        Neither of those are drugs though. All of the prohibited substances are drugs.

The vast majority of PEDs are probably safe (at safe doses). Most are drugs developed as medicines.

HGH over the counter? When that this?
                                        DMAA I know about, stimulants are common in supplements. But I can't imagine human hormones ever being ok in the supplement shop.
                                        How potent it was I dont know but the original Animal Stak circa 2010 was banned because it contained steroid like substances.

It was and still is marketed as a HGH production catalyst but I'm not too familiar with the ingredients, I just know it was marketed as some form of HGH like substance and subsequently banned.

Comment

How potent it was I dont know but the original Animal Stak circa 2010 was banned because it contained steroid like substances.

It was and still is marketed as a HGH production catalyst but I'm not too familiar with the ingredients, I just know it was marketed as some form of HGH like substance and subsequently banned.
                                          Not familiar with it either. But sounds like you are it was peptides/prohormones rather HGH. Basically building blocks the body use to make it's own hormones.

Not to be messed with either. Not quite the same selling injectable-only hormones/PEDs down the shops.

Comment

Auto-brewery syndrome.

Comment

They are all a bit shite
                                              airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                                Its certainly not worth turning up early for. Can get a glass of bubbles and a comfy chair though, charge phone and have a latte while keeping an eye on the Gate Screens.
                                                You also get to be in the company of other people who call it "bubbles" , wouldnt be for me.
                                                airport, lol

Comment

I'm sure Hitchs Twitter is all over this today: https://www.irishtimes.com/news/irel...59030?mode=amp

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                    They are all a bit shite
                                                    Only thing I think I saw was some had showers, which would be nice.
                                                    For some reason when booking a ticket to London the most wanker ticket one way was €200 cheaper than economy, hence having this lounge thing I don't care about.

Comment

I'm planing on going to Michael's for lunch after the game on saturday, has anyone been before?

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                        I'm planing on going to Michael's for lunch after the game on saturday, has anyone been before?
                                                        Have been a couple of times. Love the duck arancini. Had the fish platter the last time and it was pretty special

Comment

The predictable Trump outrage ('lynching' this time) to distract from the issue of the day.

It's so transparent, yet it works every fucking time!

Comment

Anyone know the actual areas effected by the Irish Water problem ? Site has crashed

Comment

Joris won a vote!
                                                              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

This is brilliant. Bro Jogan: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=mlucIr8kg7k

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                                  Joris won a vote!
                                                                  He did. Plenty more votes to lose though!

Comment

And lost the timetable one by 14 votes.
                                                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

He did. Plenty more votes to lose though!
                                                                      2 minutes later, he loses one!

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                        Anyone know the actual areas effected by the Irish Water problem ? Site has crashed
                                                                        Most of north county Dublin and Meath and kildare
                                                                        Treatment plant in Kildare is the source of the problem from all accounts
                                                                        Last edited by balfejohn; 22-10-19, 19:21. Reason: Wrong information given

Comment

Only thing I think I saw was some had showers, which would be nice.
                                                                          For some reason when booking a ticket to London the most wanker ticket one way was €200 cheaper than economy, hence having this lounge thing I don't care about.
                                                                          Aer lingus have a arrivals lounge that. They all have some sort of shower I think
                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                                            And lost the timetable one by 14 votes.
                                                                            Thats the one that counts, but not for a lot, moronic populist bluster is going to win the day. UK is utterly fucked and we will be badly damaged.

Fucking assclowns, I do hope I'm wrong but the schadenfreude will run deep when they get over 3% higher unemployment than Germany and France

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post
                                                                              Most of north county Dublin and Meath and kildare
                                                                              Treatment plant in Kildare is the source of the problem from all accounts
                                                                              Not very specific. I'm in Newcastle on the Kildare border. Am I going to die .? I drank like a camel

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                                Not very specific. I'm in Newcastle on the Kildare border. Am I going to die .? I drank like a camel
                                                                                Theres a map of affected areas on Irish Water Twitter. Newcastle isnt covered in the map.

Comment

Wahoo I'm gonna live. Hey you boy. Go to the shop and buy the biggest Turkey they have and deliver it to the Cratchets. And keep the change...

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                    I am looking to do 4 or 5 days in Europe in November. I am trying to find something other than a city break, I'd like to do something different, so something pretty unique or a picturesque log cabin in the woods, etc.. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Have a look at

Lake bled slovienia
                                                                                    Dolomites Italy
                                                                                    Basque highlands
                                                                                    Avignon France

Comment

He has just gone up somewhat in my estimation .....

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

I am looking to do 4 or 5 days in Europe in November. I am trying to find something other than a city break, I'd like to do something different, so something pretty unique or a picturesque log cabin in the woods, etc.. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
                                                                                        May or may not be your kind of thing but I've been lusting over this trip for a while:

Six night guided cycling holiday around the Rioja wine region. Cycle beautiful routes through vineyards, while visiting picturesque villages and staying in stunning historic hotels.

I fear the price approaches outrageous for what's included tbf.

Comment

This is not the article i read, one I read was in an in flight magazine a few flights ago but the idea of swedish countryside trying to track wolves in the wild sounded a good experience to me.

A wealth of wildlife lies on the doorstep of Sweden's capital, with wolf-howling trips and a stay in the 'planet's most primitive hotel' revealing a hidden nat

Comment

Couple of interesting creative break ideas in this
                                                                                            From an art workshop in Tuscany and a sculpture course in Wales to crime writing in the Highlands, we pick our favourite learning retreats

Comment

I will be leaving Germany after two years on the 31st, cool is not a word id associate with it. There's a certain vibe in eastern places like Leipzig. Berlin is a little overwhelming , too many hookers in Hamburg, bavarians in Munich are like the German healy-rae folk. Where we are is just too rich to be cool, little triangle from Frankfurt to Stuttgart

Did you ever get into the Dubliner mate?

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                                                                                                Did you ever get into the Dubliner mate?
                                                                                                Yeah had a few sessions there. was a nice spot but preferred the other irish bar in town

Comment

Yeah had a few sessions there. was a nice spot but preferred the other irish bar in town

Yeah, I just thought I'd ask, I remember talking to you about it when you were first going there, the owner is a mate of mine and also sponsors one of the Rugby teams there.

What's the other boozer, O'Shea's or something? It's been a while since I was in Heidelberg.

Edit:
                                                                                                  Just Googled it, O'Reilly's, yeah I've been there a few times. Have you been to the Cave?
                                                                                                  Last edited by gorrrr72; 22-10-19, 22:26.

Comment

We recently took the Bernina Express from Switzerland to Milan down through the Alps. Did a fab tour before it as well from Zurich to Lucerne via Train/Mountain Train/Boat

https://www.google.com/search?client...67.UgeKFdS1axo
                                                                                                    Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                                    https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

For anyone that knows me, you probably remember that I moved to Spain in 2013, been here 6 and half years .

Anyway, the main reason I haven't been on here much over the last year or so is because I joined the circuit of mediocre entertainers and surprisingly I've been gigging 5-6 nights a week, just kinda took off .

Some karaoke hosting, which is fine as it keeps me busy and brings in a few quid, but I mostly enjoy the little one man U2 and Oasis tribute show that I have been doing.

For anyone that's interested, I'm "Dezzie Bono" on Facebook, there are a few vids of the action there so befriend me if you are even slightly interested/curious.

Comment

The lack of changes is a bit harsh though, no? No one was saying we need youth and changes this time last year, so for all intents and purposes he was on the right track at that stage.
                                                                                                        Key milestones were hit along the way, grand slam (only ever won 3), Austrian tour win, South Africa away and beating NZ twice are fantastic achievements. We can play it down and say that they were at home end of season tours but so were many of the 20 straight losses against them before that.
                                                                                                        No - one was saying it this time last year, fine. But after the six nations. Or after the debacles against Italy and England. Or after Japan. Multiple opportunities to try something, anything. But we went out to New Zealand doing the same things that had failed miserably numerous previous occasions in 2019. That's bad, probably indefensible.

I have agreed previously that he had a good tenure overall, but unfortunately when you get to the end of anything is when you can fully draw your conclusions. There was an awful lot that was good in the six years. A lot of firsts (and I said yesterday that my favourite was a tour win down south) and a lot of happy times. But the worst thing you can say about this WC is that we repeated mistakes made at the last one. And when you view those two tournaments as the most important games of his tenure, that leaves a bad taste.

This leads into your next point, but I may think differently only if I didn't see the WC as all that important. No doubt some fans think that. Certainly the IRFU think that as their sponsors and commercial partners want constant hype and success. But the players and the rugby world? Not imo, and rightly so.

I’d prefer if we had a better World Cup, but no one will accept 4th in the 6N for 2020 and 2021 as a way to build for the next one, Farrell mightn’t even stay in the job if that’s the case even if the 2023 squad is improving.
                                                                                                        You could hardly have said England were “building nicely” after their shambolic WC, then Ireland hammer them in 2017 at home and Wales beat them this year.
                                                                                                        I've advocated it repeatedly for years. I didn't check, but I'd be certain I've argued for it on here down through the years. Where the Irish rugby public need to change is in understanding that winning a 6N in 2020 is a hollow achievement if you get steamrolled all of 2023 and fail in a WC again. I know that's hard for people to accept - these matches get hyped up every year and they become big days out, etc. But my experience is that when you're sitting in the stands at the WC you know what the objective should be.

Well there was plenty of doubt around England through the process, but in retrospect Jones knew what he was doing. They certainly tried a number of things through the cycle - some of it didn't work at times but they eventually hit upon a groove when it mattered and they're approaching the big game with the big team with momentum and belief.

In my view Murray, Sexton, O'Mahoney, Kearney, Healy have no business starting games in the spring. You can come back to them in autumn 2021 if they're still knocking it out of the park at provincial level and knocking on the door with a real shout of making 2023. But you need to reach into the pool and start blooding what's there. They will fail. They will lose games. The Vodafone Greens might not be a great marketing story for the first half of the cycle. But the payoff in every sense of the word may just come in time. We've never gone for this, never tried it. Definition of insanity, etc.

You need a lot of things to go your way in a WC, I don’t think NZ would have beaten S.A. in the semis in 2015 if you took McCaw, Carter, Read, Smith and Retallick out. We were decimated with injuries then so Schmidt can be forgiven for losing that game imo.
                                                                                                        In one sense you need things to align, but in another sense we will always enter a world cup strong favourites to play in a QF. We have a wonderful platform to plan for and build towards every cycle. We beat Argentina comprehensively in their place during the 2015 WC cycle; we beat NZ two out of three times in this WC cycle; we absolutely hammered SA the last time we played them in this WC cycle. If Schmidt was the coach he was supposed to be and he'd built this great depth we were hearing about in 2018 then it's incumbent upon him to make it happen.

And let's not forget the main point here: we're playing SA on the Sunday if we'd taken care of business against Japan with a solid start on board. And we knew we were playing them for over a year, and when, and how those games would align. No excuses.

I’m devastated that we were utter crap in this WC except for the manner of the Scotland game, and would also like changes but I don’t see why anyone would take joy in that.
                                                                                                        I certainly took zero joy in it and I take no joy in this conversation - because it was the exact same fucking conversation four years ago. And that's why it sucks.
                                                                                                        "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Comment

Ha good stuff. Best of luck with it . Any wimmin hit on you ?

Comment

A true IPB Rock God!

Hopefully we can follow every step of your coke and groupie-filled debauchery on here.

Comment

Yeah, I just thought I'd ask, I remember talking to you about it when you were first going there, the owner is a mate of mine and also sponsors one of the Rugby teams there.

What's the other boozer, O'Shea's or something? It's been a while since I was in Heidelberg.

Edit:
                                                                                                                Just Googled it, O'Reilly's, yeah I've been there a few times. Have you been to the Cave?
                                                                                                                Yeah O'Reilly's, bit of a regular there, no one has diet sprite/7up here and they allow my wife to bring her own bottle of it in and pour into her vodkas. I generally loathe Irish bars abroad but this probably my favourite that I've been to.

The Dubliner is much more tourist centered, longer walk for us to get to and as a married man much easier to get into trouble at. They do show the late night NFL games though which is good.

Nope, never been the cave, have heard about it though, it's open until 6 isn't it?In two years living here I have only been to a club or late bar once. The only night I'd have "off" was Sundays so my wife and I would go listen to diddly eye nonsense at the Irish bar(she's American and loves it)

Comment

Highly recommend Montenegro, perast, Sveti Stefan are particularly nice. Views incredible,

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                                                  No - one was saying it this time last year, fine. But after the six nations. Or after the debacles against Italy and England. Or after Japan. Multiple opportunities to try something, anything. But we went out to New Zealand doing the same things that had failed miserably numerous previous occasions in 2019. That's bad, probably indefensible.
                                                                                                                  I’m not sure after the England warm up we had enough time to do it properly, but you’re right in that we have played only one way for a few years and whilst effective some warning signs like never winning a game from behind at half time should spark concern.

This leads into your next point, but I may think differently only if I didn't see the WC as all that important. No doubt some fans think that. Certainly the IRFU think that as their sponsors and commercial partners want constant hype and success. But the players and the rugby world? Not imo, and rightly so.

I've advocated it repeatedly for years. I didn't check, but I'd be certain I've argued for it on here down through the years. Where the Irish rugby public need to change is in understanding that winning a 6N in 2020 is a hollow achievement if you get steamrolled all of 2023 and fail in a WC again. I know that's hard for people to accept - these matches get hyped up every year and they become big days out, etc. But my experience is that when you're sitting in the stands at the WC you know what the objective should be.
                                                                                                                  I agreed to an extent but I think it’s really the last two 6N where you should try that rather than the first two. Also have to bear in mind seedlings etc for the draw.
                                                                                                                  Well there was plenty of doubt around England through the process, but in retrospect Jones knew what he was doing. They certainly tried a number of things through the cycle - some of it didn't work at times but they eventually hit upon a groove when it mattered and they're approaching the big game with the big team with momentum and belief.
                                                                                                                  Take out Vunipola and Tuilagi and they’re half the team IMO. Agree they’re excellent to watch now and their attack especially against Australia is the best I’ve seen of anyone against anyone in the tournament so far.

In one sense you need things to align, but in another sense we will always enter a world cup strong favourites to play in a QF. We have a wonderful platform to plan for and build towards every cycle. We beat Argentina comprehensively in their place during the 2015 WC cycle; we beat NZ two out of three times in this WC cycle; we absolutely hammered SA the last time we played them in this WC cycle. If Schmidt was the coach he was supposed to be and he'd built this great depth we were hearing about in 2018 then it's incumbent upon him to make it happen.

And let's not forget the main point here: we're playing SA on the Sunday if we'd taken care of business against Japan with a solid start on board. And we knew we were playing them for over a year, and when, and how those games would align. No excuses.
                                                                                                                  To me that shows we were on the right track. agree japan was a disaster yes they played well but we really underestimated them I feel. I also can’t understand how Conway didn’t get more game time, the only time we looked dangerous was with Larmour, Conway and Stockdale back 3 against Scotland and yet we never saw them again. I think but for Kearny’s great game against the ABs in Chicago he’d have been dropped as Schmidt saw him as a guy who can rise to the occasion when needed, but to me his form has been poor for two years. Try scoring and attacking flair is abominable, then you’ve idiots like Heaslip saying he wouldn’t swap anyone in the NZ 15 for ours

I certainly took zero joy in it and I take no joy in this conversation - because it was the exact same fucking conversation four years ago. And that's why it sucks.
                                                                                                                  Not directed at you. My whole point is that I think Ireland were progressing well and making important milestones and thus team is certainly better than years gone by, we have a long way to go yet and for sure things have to get better to be serious contenders but there seems to be lots of people delighted they got hammered, to what end?
                                                                                                                  So we’re not the best in the world, of course not but we’re not as far away as some would suggest either, that doesn’t mean winning WCs but it means the difference between Wales, Australia, Argentina, Ireland, France is pretty minimal. NZ, England and S.A. seem to have that edge especially in WC situations for varying reasons, and we’ll always be playing for the 4th SF spot.

Comment

Highly recommend Montenegro, perast, Sveti Stefan are particularly nice. Views incredible,
                                                                                                                    A photographer friend of mine was there a few weeks ago, has posted pics on his instagram

Welcome back to Instagram. Sign in to check out what your friends, family & interests have been capturing & sharing around the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                                      May or may not be your kind of thing but I've been lusting over this trip for a while:

Six night guided cycling holiday around the Rioja wine region. Cycle beautiful routes through vineyards, while visiting picturesque villages and staying in stunning historic hotels.

I fear the price approaches outrageous for what's included tbf.
                                                                                                                      Price is silly but that sounds pretty class for a holiday. Love to do that.

Comment

thanks to everyone for the ideas - much appreciated.
                                                                                                                        https://www.gadventures.com/ have some excellent packages but even good for ideas.

We have booked a hiking tour for the fjords in Norway next summer. Unfortunately November is too late but the reviews and pictures look fantastic.

Comment

...Midweek spam alert...

...This is your chance to join the most talked about lotto syndicate in irish poker...For just €5 per week, you could soon be affording to sit in tbe presence of richness, such as the HHE*...

...*Richness not guarantee of entry to HHE...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X