Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
    Did you grab the crest on your Man U training top as you type that

I for one can't stand Irish event driven glory hunting bandwagon jumping bores who proclaim sudden knowledge of sports where they couldn't tell you shit about it before Irish team X became good

They are fucking dull and the rugby ones are the worst!

Hope Ireland win the world cup, will probably watch some of the later stages but ultimately rugby is a minority sport for a reason... its shite!

*And that's not saying only big sports count or any of that guff but...

If PSV has to tolerate listening to the shite, he should have the right to point out its shite
    As the rugby pundits would say, the guys could take some learnings from that post

Comment

Still pretty hopeful all the head injury stuff will halt rugby’s expansion.
      Always subtly bring it up at work around people with kids so it might make them think about letting their kids play.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
        How'd they get the fire truck?

Find it mad that there's young people who genuinely think that climate change is going to kill them. It's worse than people building bomb shelters in the 60s.

Comment

For all you salty feckers . 5 in a row baby . Up the Dubs. Bullying ftw

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
            Just remembered spotted Gholimoli up at Citywest at weekend (well he spotted me). Must have been left out for good behaviour.
            Would have been interesting if it got heads up with Dave Masters!.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
              How'd they get the fire truck?

I'd assume they sell off old ones, just like they do with old police cars and bikes. Pretty sure it's illegal to drive them on public roads with the blue lights still attached though.
              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                For all you salty feckers . 5 in a row baby . Up the Dubs. Bullying ftw
                I hope Dublin win the next 50 all Irelands!

Comment

Bunch of fucking amateurs
                  I'd assume they sell off old ones, just like they do with old police cars and bikes. Pretty sure it's illegal to drive them on public roads with the blue lights still attached though.
                  At what point do you think they coped on that firemen tend to be sturdy looking bucks for a reason?

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
                    All that and you missed the industry we are most dominant in, we have 3 of the 4 largest aircraft leasing firms run out of Ireland with Irish management teams too. They have enterprise values greater than Ryanair ($13bn), CRH ($37bn) and new the new larger PP ($13bn), with #4 SMBC ($15bn) #3 Avolon ($20bn), #2 GECAS ($30bn) and #1 Aer Cap ($40bn).
                    They are either unlisted or listed in other States so they wouldn’t get the same coverages. Likewise Ardagh packaging at $12bn EV, listed in NY, is 1st-2nd in its sector.

I don’t think that’s as bad, she’s just getting muddled on stage.

Respect for the ref, fans socializing and watching games together and physicality left in the game, what’s not to love?

Why does it grate on you? From what I’ve seen most people who hate rugby are from Dublin and didn’t go to a private/rugby school and see the whole scene as privileged tossers, whereas I grew up playing in rural Ireland and whilst it wasn’t even the third sport in the town it always garnered interest and I’ve found nearly everyone I’ve met through rugby from the Atlantic coast and south Dublin to be good people. Some tossers too, but they are the exception in the same way as any sport.
                    Lol respect for the ref, and what does that get you? It gets you diva refs who think people are paying to see them. You shouldn’t know the name of a ref, they should be anonymous.
                    And are you seriously asking me to pat the fans on the back for not attacking each other?
                    The language of the game is awful, so much crossover with corporate bullshit, that’s why the love it I guess.

Physicality? You know what else is physical, a fat guy running into a brick wall , that’s all rugby is.

Could be a decent sport if they cut a few players , might allow a bit of skill and individual flair in instead of automatons going through “the process “. Never seen it but assume rugby 7s is a better watch
                    Last edited by Guest; 03-10-19, 14:35. Reason: Put in paragraphs to make it look less unhinged

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                      The language of the game is awful, so much crossover with corporate bullshit, that’s why the love it I guess.
                      I assume you feel even more strongly about golf so!
                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Worth looking at Harlabob's feed today

Guy plays flawless poker on a stream. 30 river decisions w/o a mistake. Just calls with a lower boat, gets 45o aipf for 200bbs against Ak and Ak

Commentators seem like tools. he bet 3 bets all in with bottom pair on a river against air.
                        This is shaping up to be the biggest poker story in a long time. Hard to give full cliffs, but here's some...
                        • He is up ~$250k over 69 sessions. He won 62 sessions.
                        • He played 277 hours on stream, so his winrate is $902 p.h and 750bb/100
                        • He won $21k at 10/25/50, and the rest was at 1/3, 5/5 and 5/5/10
                        • His suspected 'accomplice' commentator went to Vegas for a period over the summer. Mike only played a handful of sessions and posted a losing month, include an unheard of loss of $6k one session. Once his 'mate' arrived back from Vegas, things picked up again.
                        • He keeps his phone on his lap pretty much all the time and constaltly checks it. This ties in with his hat which seems quite loaded, and is thought to have some sort of transmitter/reciever inside it. He is always playing with it in between decisions.

There are so many hands, but here's some of my favourites. His reads on the game, and his instinct to know that these moves will work is astonishing. Godlike...

The 54o hand Denny mentioned - 3hr42:30

SPOILER

One of the most ridiculous hands of the lot. Playing 95o in a moster aggressive pot

SPOILER

The river play with 88 - 20mins

SPOILER

Knowing where you are with 76.. - 41mins

SPOILER

J10 soul read - 2hr46

SPOILER

63 knowing you're ahead

SPOILER

The list goes on and on and on and on and on...
                        Last edited by Flushdraw; 03-10-19, 16:30. Reason: Forgot to add timestamps

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                          I assume you feel even more strongly about golf so!
                          Nah love golf, the game itself transcends the BS. Plenty of arseholes too obv

Comment

Lol respect for the ref, and what does that get you? It gets you diva refs who think people are paying to see them. You shouldn’t know the name of a ref, they should be anonymous.
                            And are you seriously asking me to pat the fans on the back for not attacking each other?

Physicality? You know what else is physical, a fat guy running into a brick wall , that’s all rugby is.

Could be a decent sport if they cut a few players , might allow a bit of skill and individual flair in instead of automatons going through “the process “. Never seen it but assume rugby 7s is a better watch
                            The rules/laws thing is another irk.
                            I always find it a good total wanker spotlight to ask someone 'whats the rule in rugby about xxxxxx?' If their reply begins with 'well acshally rugby doesn't have rules, it has Laws' then you can write them off as a twat.
                            Asking GAA people 'what time is the kick-off?' is a good equivalent.

Comment

Nah love golf, the game itself transcends the BS. Plenty of arseholes too obv
                              the game IS the BS

I admire the transparency of your hypocrisy though

Comment

It's worse than people building bomb shelters in the 60s.
                                This is absolute nonsense, from start to finish. Firstly the threat of nuclear war was very real - the fact it didn't materialise is neither here nor there. You must feel pretty stupid every time you get out of a car...what a waste of time putting the seat belt on was.

Comment

Oooo k, I can see how knowing a refs name (you probably only know Nigel Owens) could dampen your enthusiasm
                                  Yes.

So knowing refs names, and some commentators using language that you might see in an advert, galling tbf.

Ah, so it’s just rugby union you don’t like, you’re ok with league.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                    Nice to see the RTE Player is still a complete pile of garbage that hasn't had a tap of improvement since the turn of the century.
                                    it worked out ok as we ended up spread among foleys, toners and D&N as the player was so bad
                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                      This is absolute nonsense, from start to finish. Firstly the threat of nuclear war was very real - the fact it didn't materialise is neither here nor there. You must feel pretty stupid every time you get out of a car...what a waste of time putting the seat belt on was.
                                      A homemade (or any) bomb shelter wouldn’t have been much use in a nuclear bomb scenario.

Comment

A homemade (or any) bomb shelter wouldn’t have been much use in a nuclear bomb scenario.
                                        In all the possible scenarios possible in a "nuclear bomb scenario" there are many in which a bomb shelter would be very useful and keep its dwellers alive

Comment

Psv dunno if you ever played rugby. It’s a wonderful game to play no hiding place except on the wing where I played most of mine 😀. Anyone that hurls has busted broke fingers hands and ore helmets a few scars in the head. I used get that holiday it’s only posh cunts that played it my school was 40 quid a year very posh. When we played with the town we got guys to play from other schools even estates with council houses they never had a chip on there shoulder. Played club rugby up here with Mexicans poles Africans white and Black Russians anyone that was willing to give it a go. Great times great comraderie and a big of exercise the odd medal and nights out and trips away. You sound to me you might be a bit lonely join the rugby club there in strand hill they will probably be very welcoming.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                            Psv dunno if you ever played rugby. It’s a wonderful game to play no hiding place except on the wing where I played most of mine 😀. Anyone that hurls has busted broke fingers hands and ore helmets a few scars in the head. I used get that holiday it’s only posh cunts that played it my school was 40 quid a year very posh. When we played with the town we got guys to play from other schools even estates with council houses they never had a chip on there shoulder. Played club rugby up here with Mexicans poles Africans white and Black Russians anyone that was willing to give it a go. Great times great comraderie and a big of exercise the odd medal and nights out and trips away. You sound to me you might be a bit lonely join the rugby club there in strand hill they will probably be very welcoming.
                                            Don’t live in or near Sligo anymore used to live in a flat above a bunch of Strandhill rugby heads, used to round off their nights singing Ireland’s call and 3 lions??? Regularly had to step over 1 lad passed out on the stairs having pissed his pants. Also seemed to I’ve getting naked together. Strange bunch

Comment

Sickpuppy - the white Jonah Lomu

Comment

I don't get in a car crying because I think I'm about to crash.

We need a modern day Dr Strangelove where someone surfs a tidal wave into a city.
                                                Last edited by Denny Crane; 03-10-19, 17:18.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                  Would have been interesting if it got heads up with Dave Masters!.
                                                  I've forgotten the back-story to this. Please gives cliffs a la Rounders

Comment

nikelback aren't Trump fans, didn't see that coming
                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                      nikelback aren't Trump fans, didn't see that coming
                                                      I told ya, crackup incoming

This shit today is mad, even for him

Comment

He's doing a MAGA thing in Florida...he is not well.

Maybe going for an insanity play.

Comment

Nice to have the United game on the early kick off. Get the disappointment out of the way so I can enjoy my evening

Comment

He's doing a MAGA thing in Florida...he is not well.

Maybe going for an insanity play.
                                                            I enjoyed him handing out the pens.
                                                            airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                              Nice to have the United game on the early kick off. Get the disappointment out of the way so I can enjoy my evening
                                                              On the flip side, i was really looking forward to this Arsenal game. Seeing Tierney and Bellerin starting, Ceballos in the middle and Martinelli up top. Expecting good things, and not disappointed so far. 2 cracking finishes from Martinelli early on.

Comment

Scanned some old notes that most people wouldn't have encountered

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

Comment

If Ingerbrittson was a horse a he'd be disqualified for interference, its no holds barred stuff.
                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                      on the wing where I played most of mine 😀.
                                                                      They must have had a fierce glut of big men in the Wesht in those days, I'd have had you down as a forward 100%

Comment

@flushdraw

Bit lost as haven't read about that lad before. What do they think he is doing? Some mate giving him advice via a head set or is he getting feeds or something?

Comment

In all the possible scenarios possible in a "nuclear bomb scenario" there are many in which a bomb shelter would be very useful and keep its dwellers alive
                                                                          Yeah, the shelters built between the 50's and 80's were designed to keep people alive for long enough to be able to go back out after the radiation died back to a survivable level and not for surviving inside a blast zone.

Shit was real then and still is now at the time it felt like a more immediate threat than sat climate change does now. In the tense atmosphere that existed then if someone as batshit crazy as Trump had been let get that close to the codes there is no way they would have been left alive for as long as Trump has been. I'm somewhat optimistic if there was any serious escalation now they would have him out of the picture within hours.

Comment

Well done Ciara McGeean

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                              @flushdraw

Bit lost as haven't read about that lad before. What do they think he is doing? Some mate giving him advice via a head set or is he getting feeds or something?
                                                                              Apparently once they banned phones at the table they think they can see the outline of a bone conducting earphone built into his cap

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                @flushdraw

He's either the greatest player to every play the game, or he has inside information from somewhere.

Not only does he seem to what other players have, but he also appears to know how the board is going to run out.

There's a few theories floating around. One of the main men behind the stream, and a commentator Justin Kuraistis is getting a lot of fingers pointed at him. He's the guy that went to Vegas for a few weeks, and all of a sudden, Mike couldn't win a hand. The feeling is that he is eiter feeding him the info to his phone, or some other techincal thingy.

Another theory is that he has his phone plugged into the USB charger at the table a lot, and someone mentioned that it might be possible to access the RFID program that reads the cards.

There's a lot of talk about what goes on inside his hat, and is looks different during the game, as opposed to chatting after the game.

Edit - SP posted the pic above

This is probably what is happening, and what will happen though

Comment

[HTML]
                                                                                  Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                  They must have had a fierce glut of big men in the Wesht in those days, I'd have had you down as a forward 100%
                                                                                  Played in the second row till 14 found it boring would win all the sprint competitions seemed a waste so switched the freedom was great plenty of ball not stuck in acres of mud when you did. Did request a switch to 8 which I got the second year I played under 20s wasn’t good enough to usurp Noel man ion at the time Eddie o Sullivan was coaching the seniors at the time

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                    I've forgotten the back-story to this. Please gives cliffs a la Rounders
                                                                                    Back in the early days of online when everyone was winning. DM comes on the old forum half tilted asking did anyone know this Gholimoli player who he was encountering often in online tribeca tournaments and made the strangest plays?. There was a lot of back and forth between them at the tables online with Gholi berating him often but you felt a grudging respect towards him at the same time.
                                                                                    That was the post that brought Gholimoli out from a lurker to make his first post on the forum in reply and soon enough Gholi was a regular on the forum and live and became an all round proper civilian.

Comment

RTÉ have been a disgrace with Lorenzo
                                                                                      Met Éireann confirm it’s nothing on weather forecast
                                                                                      Followed by an ad for prime time Lorenzo special and some lad screaming in a strong breeze in Galway

Comment

RTÉ have been a disgrace with Lorenzo
                                                                                        Met Éireann confirm it’s nothing on weather forecast
                                                                                        Followed by an ad for prime time Lorenzo special and some lad screaming in a strong breeze in Galway
                                                                                        One of the BBC weather lads earlier outed another weather presenter for blaming Mondays and Tuesdays deluge on Lorenzo. I'm with Trump. Fake/corrupt neuz.

Comment

airport, lol

Comment

Seahawks play the Rams later. What am I missing here with this bet from PP?
                                                                                            Both teams to score 1+ td and 1+ fg in each half...14/1.
                                                                                            In there what odds section.

Free money surely?

Edit. It's never each half of the field?
                                                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

One of the BBC weather lads earlier outed another weather presenter for blaming Mondays and Tuesdays deluge on Lorenzo. I'm with Trump. Fake/corrupt neuz.
                                                                                              Prime time is hilarious right now.

Comment

Anyone being picking magik mushrooms? Feels like it must be the height of the season, though you'd want your wellies

Comment

Positivity corner re brexit
                                                                                                  Helen mcentee seems very impressive
                                                                                                  And there is some senator who is fgs brexit spokesperson who I saw putting some sky news wagon back in her box big time yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                                    Back in the early days of online when everyone was winning. DM comes on the old forum half tilted asking did anyone know this Gholimoli player who he was encountering often in online tribeca tournaments and made the strangest plays?. There was a lot of back and forth between them at the tables online with Gholi berating him often but you felt a grudging respect towards him at the same time.
                                                                                                    That was the post that brought Gholimoli out from a lurker to make his first post on the forum in reply and soon enough Gholi was a regular on the forum and live and became an all round proper civilian.
                                                                                                    Masters even had hair back then

Comment

touch and go on the proper civilian

I still pronounce his name Golly Moh Li, think someone once told me it was Holy Moly. Maybe I was being trolled, shrug.
                                                                                                      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                                        Ask for a spicy Red Snapper... Bloody Mary made with gin
                                                                                                        Ffs is there any easy way to upload pics here from phone. Had a spicy Mary, found an unbelievable cocktail bar. 3 cocktails and absolutely bladdered.
                                                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Off to Paris tomorrow for two days of boozing then one day of doing a hangover 12k in the woods of Versailles. My obituary. Fk you all but thanks a lot also . To the defibrillator my man and don't spare the diddy plugs

Comment

Still don't get the Kuenssberg hatred. The latest brexitcast https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p07q1l2g

Comment

Not every hero wears a cape

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

A bit worrying that barely is misspelt
                                                                                                              Last edited by ComradeCollie; 04-10-19, 06:24.

Comment

Still don't get the Kuenssberg hatred. The latest brexitcast https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p07q1l2g
                                                                                                                Me either. Always thought if you're a journo and both sides are complaining about you, then you're probably doing an excellent job!

Comment

This guy is good at his job. Well summed up for the layperson.

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload
                                                                                                                  Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Me either. Always thought if you're a journo and both sides are complaining about you, then you're probably doing an excellent job!
                                                                                                                    That's old school thinking... Now you complain about what you control to deflect attention to what is happening

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                                                      Ffs is there any easy way to upload pics here from phone. Had a spicy Mary, found an unbelievable cocktail bar. 3 cocktails and absolutely bladdered.
                                                                                                                      Gin?
                                                                                                                      Good?

Good

Comment

Comment

Impressed that I got this far in the day without any clue that I was channelling my inner Garret Fitzgerald, so far no one else noticed.

Last edited by Strewelpeter; 04-10-19, 10:45.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X