X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    <> 'tax dodging'

Plus I don't think we ever claimed to be anything other than a shower of hypocrites.
    When they're paying 300-400% tax on the cost of water I'll join them

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
      I also think our team has consistently underachieved.
      lol, clueless.

Stick to trying to wind people up something you have some basic knowledge of, if anything.
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Trying to fill in ROS "Extracts from accounts" when you don't keep accounts is not the most pleasant way to spend a Monday evening. So I have wisely given up again. Maybe we can all live in the same tax jail together amigos? I think I saw a documentary recently that they let you have roulette wheels, hookers, and lobster?

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
          So because we beat a terrible French team he's a good captain? Let's just not blame players ever then because they try hard. I'm fairly certainly that hasn't been the case when Earls is the one to make mistakes. As for calling for Schmidt to be sacked, I certainly won't do that. I'm wondering if you had the same stance at the end of Kidney's reign, somehow I doubt it.

I also think our team has consistently underachieved. Two grand slams in our history and having never reached a world cup semi-final in a sport where there are about 5-6 good teams at best. I honestly thought that the bar for Irish rugby had been raised beyond "Oh they tried hard at least".
          Earls was also poor tho in fairness and really can't run a decent line for when Henshaw opened them up. Luke fitz scored and set up tries running as a centre so why they didn't swap I have still no clue. I hope someone asks joe straight up so I can understand the thought process as he is a very astute guy so clearly saw what every else did.

Looking forward to seeing henshaw develop he has all the tools to become world class - I might be biased but it seems so. Some great youth coming through so hopefully they are developed and given their time.

We should be looking at who won't be there in 4 years and start phasing them out reasonably soon. That is Ross, best, Healy?, toner, Ryan, reddan, sexton, madigan?, Payne?, Bowe, Trimble, Kearney and I imagine a few more squad players I can't think of.

Comment

...Looking to sign up to a frequent fliers programme... have had a few holidays recently and annoyed myself for not signing up to something. What would people recommend as the best one?... If it helps, my flights are to USA the majority of the time, with Aer Lingus...Also, would it be just for flgihts I book for myself, or would it include flights I purchase for family?...
            ...And if anyone has any referral things, i'd be happy to use them as a referral if they like...
            ...Cheers for suggestions...

Comment

Jesus what a day, wrecked! Had to work in Carlow, detour on route was nearly late, just about made it. Manager working with me this morning managed an early sale thank fuck as got nothing Sunday. 5.40pm got another was delighted , just getting ready to go at 6pm and another lad came up looking to sign up. Finally got away at 6.40 took over an hour to get home. Got in did a bit of housework,13 hour day at my age aint fucking easy! so currently enjoying a glass of this .

SPOILER

SPOILER
              fancy wines me arse, Aldi 3.99 ftw
              Her sky-ness
              © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                Trying to fill in ROS "Extracts from accounts" when you don't keep accounts is not the most pleasant way to spend a Monday evening. So I have wisely given up again. Maybe we can all live in the same tax jail together amigos? I think I saw a documentary recently that they let you have roulette wheels, hookers, and lobster?
                You should use an accountant.

It's tax deductible so the net cost to you is zero - the accountant gets the 500 euro instead of the govt and you're probably a lot less likely to get audited.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                  Jesus what a day, wrecked! Had to work in Carlow, detour on route was nearly late, just about made it. Manager working with me this morning managed an early sale thank fuck as got nothing Sunday. 5.40pm got another was delighted , just getting ready to go at 6pm and another lad came up looking to sign up. Finally got away at 6.40 took over an hour to get home. Got in did a bit of housework,13 hour day at my age aint fucking easy! so currently enjoying a glass of this .

SPOILER

SPOILER
                  fancy wines me arse, Aldi 3.99 ftw
                  Yeah I'm currently entertaining this one..FML :-)

Comment

Originally posted by iSnow View Post
                    Yeah I'm currently entertaining this one..FML :-)
                    you drinking that too?
                    Her sky-ness
                    © 5starpool

Comment

you drinking that too?
                      Unfortunately yes....don't look at me.

Comment

Unfortunately yes....don't look at me.
                        tis a grand vino for the money and mid week lol
                        Her sky-ness
                        © 5starpool

Comment

tis a grand vino for the money and mid week lol
                          I have 2 bottles sitting of that. One white and one red. They were brought over by the girls at my party recently but some was left. Had some red as had 2 of them originally and was not too bad at all.

Stopped drinking wine a few years back and only got back into having the odd glass. Although I plan on going back to just drinking a couple of times a year after we get back from Malta!

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                            Earls was also poor tho in fairness and really can't run a decent line for when Henshaw opened them up. Luke fitz scored and set up tries running as a centre so why they didn't swap I have still no clue. I hope someone asks joe straight up so I can understand the thought process as he is a very astute guy so clearly saw what every else did.

Looking forward to seeing henshaw develop he has all the tools to become world class - I might be biased but it seems so. Some great youth coming through so hopefully they are developed and given their time.

We should be looking at who won't be there in 4 years and start phasing them out reasonably soon. That is Ross, best, Healy?, toner, Ryan, reddan, sexton, madigan?, Payne?, Bowe, Trimble, Kearney and I imagine a few more squad players I can't think of.

I agree on Earls, he's not a centre and never will be. He also got driven back a lot when he went into contact.

Madigan is 26 so I'd be very surprised if he's not around at the next world cup although I'm not sure how much game time he will get at out-half for Leinster which is a worry. In 4 years we could be looking at a very different starting 15 compared to yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                              lol, clueless.

Stick to trying to wind people up something you have some basic knowledge of, if anything.

You are actually just coming across as being stupid now.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                Today was possibly the worst day of my life. Certainly Top 3. Fairly sure I had some form of stroke or mini Heart attack too. Running your own business is the biggest cunt of a thing you can do when the shit hits the fan. I came within about 10 mins of losing it all & still not out of the woods. So frustrating when its completely out of your hands or control & due to other peoples fuck-ups. Whoever coined the phrase "German Efficiency" is clearly deluded. No wonder the pricks can't win a war.

/rant. FML.
                                Good luck.
                                Fucking Germans
                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                  I have 2 bottles sitting of that. One white and one red. They were brought over by the girls at my party recently but some was left. Had some red as had 2 of them originally and was not too bad at all.

Stopped drinking wine a few years back and only got back into having the odd glass. Although I plan on going back to just drinking a couple of times a year after we get back from Malta!
                                  If you're in Malta try to get your mits on some Caravaggio. It's about €8 per bottle but would easily retail at €20+ in Ireland. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caravaggio He was quite the bowzie about town. I have to say I quite like him.

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                    ...Looking to sign up to a frequent fliers programme... have had a few holidays recently and annoyed myself for not signing up to something. What would people recommend as the best one?... If it helps, my flights are to USA the majority of the time, with Aer Lingus...Also, would it be just for flgihts I book for myself, or would it include flights I purchase for family?...
                                    ...And if anyone has any referral things, i'd be happy to use them as a referral if they like...
                                    ...Cheers for suggestions...
                                    You're best bet is to look into whatever one Aer Lingus is, so if you're going to do something you like be better off sticking to them for all your flights in future or their partner airlines. You'd want to be travelling an absolute bunch though to be truly making it worth your time. Some of the people I work with travel in from the US and then can clock up a ton of air miles and they get some nice perks & bumped to first class on occasion, one of the girls actually had to shell out some of her own loot to make sure she kept her status for the following year, one of the other lads had his reward program changed and now it's tricky to keep said status.

This video is from two years ago but I'd say it still makes sense/works today.

i travel for work. constantly. this video will only help you if you travel a lot, if you don't fly a lot don't watch rather than watching then going on and...

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                    Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post

It's tax deductible so the net cost to you is zero - the accountant gets the 500 euro instead of the govt and you're probably a lot less likely to get audited.
                                    What Benny says, I was stressing out over trying to find an accountant and was getting quoted mad numbers, people telling me to do it myself as well but knew it would be a headache. Got put in contact with an accountant and he is the business, very accomodation & know's what it's all about and it's alleviated all the stress until he tells me how much I owe "the man".
                                    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Fucking Irish rail making a issue out of people bringing bikes on the train.

I do it a few times a week and is not a problem ever.

Stupid cunce putting all their heart and soul into doing whatever they can to make life difficult for their customers since 1955

Of course the only reason they are banning bikes is because of pressure from the bike locker rental company they have a deal with

Comment

That video just takes 5 minutes to explain that you should do exactly what the airline loyalty program is intended for!

Comment

I see they have released the Star Wars tickets. Let the massive build up and media blitz begin.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                            Fucking Irish rail making a issue out of people bringing bikes on the train.

I do it a few times a week and is not a problem ever.

Stupid cunce putting all their heart and soul into doing whatever they can to make life difficult for their customers since 1955

Of course the only reason they are banning bikes is because of pressure from the bike locker rental company they have a deal with
                                            It's really irritating getting on a busy commuter train in the morning or evening and seeing someone with a bike, or buggy, or a big bag on their back that they seem to think it's ok to keep on rather than take it off and be considerate. It's been a rule on trains for ages that bikes weren't allowed during rush hour, about time they enforced it.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                              It's really irritating getting on a busy commuter train in the morning or evening and seeing someone with a bike, or buggy, or a big bag on their back that they seem to think it's ok to keep on rather than take it off and be considerate. It's been a rule on trains for ages that bikes weren't allowed during rush hour, about time they enforced it.
                                              GTFO

Beyond annoying grumpy old men what actual harm does it do ?
                                              Buggies are still allowed and they take up far more room

Comment

GTFO

Beyond annoying grumpy old men what actual harm does it do ?
                                                Buggies are still allowed and they take up far more room
                                                I'd love them to ban buggies too, but sadly that won't happen. Bikes take up loads of room, and people trying to get into a carriage that is already fairly full with them and taking up 3 times the room and making it much harder for others to get on/off is a pain in the hole.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                  That video just takes 5 minutes to explain that you should do exactly what the airline loyalty program is intended for!
                                                  I'd watch that 5 minute video rather than trying to decipher a load of airline mumbo jumbo brochure.

You can't really give out about people with buggies on public transport, yes they're big and cumbersome but I wouldn't expect somebody to get off with one. Something which I do see a lot of on the Luas and if I had one gripe is that when it's not busy they would be out of the way a little bit more instead of just lumped there.

Comment

Just stumbled on the wsop broadcast on BT sport,blast from the past,grim. Have to admire Karaoke Scotts professionalism though,how she looks engaged and interested while listening to absolute drivel from her interviewees is commendable
                                                    Last edited by Guest; 19-10-15, 21:17.

Comment

Another solid episode from The Walking Dead this week.

Comment

I'd love them to ban buggies too, but sadly that won't happen. Bikes take up loads of room, and people trying to get into a carriage that is already fairly full with them and taking up 3 times the room and making it much harder for others to get on/off is a pain in the hole.
                                                        I never saw anyone trying to get them into the carriage. I always stand by the door and there is plenty of room for anyone to get by.

Anyway what they should do is to have some room at the back of the train for people to stay with their bikes.

Comment

A bit of a long shot but I'm thinking of getting some executive business coaching. Has anyone tried it or would you recommend anyone?

Looking for someone with serious experience not some spoofer life coach.
                                                          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                            A bit of a long shot but I'm thinking of getting some executive business coaching. Has anyone tried it or would you recommend anyone?

My missus is very good . Coo of an consulting firm . Can PM you details if you wish, deffo no spoofer

Comment

Whoever suggested the getfooty site to watch MOTD on, tyvm. Watching it now and what about that ball from De Bruyne for Sterling's second goal. Beauty.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                My missus is very good . Coo of an consulting firm . Can PM you details if you wish, deffo no spoofer
                                                                Please do. Does she have a bio online somewhere I can read? Thanks.
                                                                ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

I'd recommend THIS guy. I'm launching 2 x start-ups before Xmas, one at WebSummit, have sold my previous business and have partnered with an Irish Gaming company all down to his no-bullshit approach. Word of warning, He is very abrupt.

Comment

I'd recommend THIS guy. I'm launching 2 x start-ups before Xmas, one at WebSummit, have sold my previous business and have partnered with an Irish Gaming company all down to his no-bullshit approach. Word of warning, He is very abrupt.
                                                                    Not quite what I'm looking for. I want a more corporate type to help me take advantage of the significant opportunities I'm going to have over the next 12 months.

Comment

Not quite what I'm looking for. I want a more corporate type to help me take advantage of the significant opportunities I'm going to have over the next 12 months.
                                                                      Pm'd ya

Comment

Now I'm looking for help and deffo no long shot

Does anyone have an SQL beginners guide link ?

Comment

Theme tune to this season of The Leftovers. Beautiful little song.

Iris Dement - vocals & guitarRuss Barenberg - guitarJay Ungar - fiddleMolly Mason - bassDonal Lunny - bouzouki
                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

There'll be no messing on Dom's trains when he gets his driver's hat - no young children, mothers, tourists, or students. I can agree with the bike one, you shouldn't be allowed to bring one form of transport onto another form...it lacks commitment.

Comment

Mother fuckin bikes on a mother fuckin train ?

Comment

I thought Carr Communications and the Communications Clinic had a duopoly in that market?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                  I thought Carr Communications and the Communications Clinic had a duopoly in that market?
                                                                                  They really focus on presentation skills and marketing type roles which isn't what I'm looking for. I have identified one or two places that are offering what I want.

Comment

Flipper

Comment

Germans are not actually efficient - it is a myth. They are beurocratic. So when following the correct procedure all the time is the best course of action they are brilliant. e.g. in sports like soccer or hockey. But when asked to deviate from SOP they lose their minds and become anti-productive.
                                                                                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Its when you are at your lowest when you find out what you really love what you have and not love what you want

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                          Germans are not actually efficient - it is a myth. They are beurocratic. So when following the correct procedure all the time is the best course of action they are brilliant. e.g. in sports like soccer or hockey. But when asked to deviate from SOP they lose their minds and become anti-productive.
                                                                                          You drinking m8?

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                            You drinking m8?
                                                                                            Yeah you wanna fite or wot?
                                                                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Yeah you wanna fite or wot?
                                                                                              fk u u cunt il fkn rek u m8.

Lol jk friend, I'm so fcking drunk. Holidays ftw.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                Seems to me you are equating veganism with diet rather than an ethical framework, that's not veganism, that's a plant based diet.
                                                                                                No, I was extending it beyond diet, i understand what ethical veganism. But the underpinning element of it all for me is the prevention, in so far as possible, harm to and exploitation of animals.

"Veganism is a way of living that seeks to exclude, as far as possible and practicable, all forms of exploitation of, and cruelty to, animals for food, clothing and any other purpose." - The Vegan Society

Obviously you are aware of all this.

What SP is getting at is that by smoking you are harming those around you, including yourself and wants to know philosophically if smoking is "unvegan behaviour" and why. What he is really asking is smoking unethical.
                                                                                                I fully accept the strong connection between veganism and the desire to limit harm to all living things. But I'd argue that is now going beyond the scope of veganism. The philosophy of doing no harm is "Ahimsa".
                                                                                                Maybe people choose to use veganism to describe their philosophy as its less obscure than ahimsa. But that doesn't make it correct. Just a vegetarian who eats fish isn't a vegetarian, they are a pescatarian*.

Veganism and Ahimsa, are an extremely obvious example of mutual inclusivity, but thats doesn't mean that it always has to be the case. In SP situation, the smoking vegans aren't following the latter.

If you stick on cowspiracy on netflix, I wonder what you would think of the environmental aspect?
                                                                                                I'm still on mobile broadband, no phone line, no netflx

What do you think of this?

Melanie Joy on Carnism and other food choices. Melanie Joy, Ph.D., Ed.M. is a Harvard-educated psychologist, professor of psychology and sociology at the Uni...

btw here is a good video from that guy you linked me too, he has some good stuff thanks! (about why people hate vegans, he catches on much faster than most vegans)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_BdTaWGuy4
                                                                                                I'll give them a watch later.
                                                                                                The bobybuilder certainly challenges the idea that eatinf X is necessary is you want to be a swole as fuck BB.
                                                                                                However, he isn't the first vegan/veggie BB I'd heard of. And he wasn't vegan while he is was attaining that mass. I would imagine that maintenance is easier and increasing size, as long as he hits his calories goals.

Also barely is mind, he is most likely on AAS - which means we should disregard the lot. With enough juice, you would still be a gorilla if you ate leaves.

They always get around to 'do less harm' being the central dogma

They always get around to 'do less harm' being the central dogma
                                                                                                Short answer: You are confusing Veganism and Ahimsa imo.
                                                                                                Charles Manson and the Manson Family were vegans, putting animal life above human.

Comment

How have I not seen this before tonight. This is some brilliant, yet very weird ass advertising. I loves it!

Buy at http://squattypotty.com - Pooping will never be the same. This Unicorn shows the effects of improper toilet posture and how it can affect your health...
                                                                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                    Just stumbled on the wsop broadcast on BT sport,blast from the past,grim. Have to admire Karaoke Scotts professionalism though,how she looks engaged and interested while listening to absolute drivel from her interviewees is commendable
                                                                                                    Solid auto-correct

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

Short answer: You are confusing Veganism and Ahimsa imo.
                                                                                                      Charles Manson and the Manson Family were vegans, putting animal life above human.
                                                                                                      Eh, does not compute... Humans are animals also.
                                                                                                      No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Pm sent.
                                                                                                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

They must do beurocrasy better than here. Or are you talking purely sport.
                                                                                                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                                                            Eh, does not compute... Humans are animals also.
                                                                                                            Some more so than others

Comment

Udemy.com or w3schools.com are probably your best options.

Comment

€2,500 here.
                                                                                                                I need a new accountant. Fecker does nothing really but end of year.
                                                                                                                I also need to keep all my bank statements. The missus has a habit of 'cleaning' my paperwork and I have to pay the bank for more.
                                                                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

W3Schools offers free online tutorials, references and exercises in all the major languages of the web. Covering popular subjects like HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Python, SQL, Java, and many, many more.

I still reference it from time to time
                                                                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

It's tax deductible so the net cost to you is zero - the accountant gets the 500 euro...
                                                                                                                    How do you figure that?

My understanding is that a tax deduction comes off your taxable income, not the tax amount.
                                                                                                                    Say you earn €60k, a €1,000 deduction from you taxable income reduces your tax due by €400 (€1k@40% higher rate).

Obviously, I'm earning income in a different country with different rules, so maybe i'm missing something. Nothing would surprise me in regards to the Irish government and money though.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                      http://www.w3schools.com/sql/default.asp

I still reference it from time to time
                                                                                                                      +1 for w3schools
                                                                                                                      I thought myself basic CSS with that site about two years ago.
                                                                                                                      Replaced my companies flash website with a new CSS based one. It was basic, but I was pretty happy with the image interface I produced.
                                                                                                                      I was the only one who knew how to do basic tech stuff like that. I noticed shortly after I left that website was under construction.

Still down 18 months later.

Comment

hrrrnnngghhhhh!!!

Watch the official trailer for Star Wars: The Force Awakens, coming totheaters December 18, 2015.Visit Star Wars at http://www.starwars.comSubscribe to Star ...

Watch the official trailer for Star Wars: The Force Awakens, coming totheaters December 18, 2015.Visit Star Wars at http://www.starwars.comSubscribe to Star ...

Looks like mobile chrome has nixed youtube embedding . Likely flash related
                                                                                                                        Last edited by DeadParrot; 20-10-15, 08:32.

Comment

Wife is a qualified Executive Coach & coaches a few at a very high level. Not much use to you at the moment but she said she could recommend a couple of people if you don't find what you are looking for.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X