Winamax gone for Irish players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winamax gone for Irish players

We are contacting you concerning your Winamax account.

All gaming services available to players in Ireland must be licensed by the Gambling Commission. As a result, you are therefore no longer permitted to play with Winamax.

We have noticed that the postal address registered on your Winamax account is located in Ireland, as are the IP addresses from which you connect.

Should the postal address on your account not be up to date and you now live in a country from which it is legal to play on Winamax, you are welcome to create a new account from this page: https://www.winamax.fr/en/account/create.php

The funds remaining on your account will be paid out to your bank account as registered on Winamax. The payment will be made for the total balance on your account at the time of account closure, as well as the monetary value of your Miles, and the face value of your unused tournament tickets.

The payment should reach your bank account within 7 working days. Please contact us if you have not received your funds within this time frame.

We appreciate you having chosen us as your online poker room and it is our hope that you have enjoyed your time playing with Winamax.

We wish you best of luck in the future.

Best regards,

The Winamax Team

Should we expect Stars.FR to be gone soon also? Hopefully this won't be happening with too many more sites.

Comment

ffs

Comment

Tilt.

I have a Winamax account with irish address (but not Irish IP) but havent received a similar email yet at least

Comment

How does this effect us with the Winamax open? Are payouts not made into your Winamax account?

Comment

Originally posted by Valor View Post
            Tilt.

I have a Winamax account with irish address (but not Irish IP) but havent received a similar email yet at least
            Just got the email 10 minutes ago. Load of bollox.

Looks like they're giving me a few days to try and blow the loots first!

However, if you still live in Ireland, your Winamax account will be permanently closed on 12th August 2015. At this time, the funds remaining on your account will be paid out to your bank account as registered on Winamax. The payment will be made for the total balance on your account at the time of account closure, as well as the monetary value of your Miles (€0.013/Miles), and the face value of your unused tournament tickets.
            Last edited by Flushdraw; 07-08-15, 09:52.

Comment

can sites just get a licence to operate to us, is that all this means?
              please dont take away .fr

Comment

Originally posted by noname1255 View Post
                can sites just get a licence to operate to us, is that all this means?
                please dont take away .fr
                Amaya’s PokerStars confirmed Wednesday that the operator has received an online sports betting licence in the Republic of Ireland.

http://www.gamingintelligence.com/le...etting-licence

Comment

Originally posted by PokerPiper View Post
                  Amaya’s PokerStars confirmed Wednesday that the operator has received an online sports betting licence in the Republic of Ireland.

http://www.gamingintelligence.com/le...etting-licence
                  Sent stars.fr an email earlier and got this reply.

Hello Tony,

Thank you for your email.

We can confirm that players residing in Austria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Finland, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia and Sweden, must now play on our PokerStars.EU platform, licensed by the Malta Gaming Authority (CL3/795/2011).

You may also wish to review our Terms of Service, located at:

Read the General Terms that apply to customers using PokerStars™ services.

Moving your account is fast and easy. All you need is to download and install the PokerStars.EU software on your computer which is available at the following links:

For Windows:

For Mac:
                  You have reached a page at PokerStars™ which no longer exists. Visit our homepage or the sitemap to find the page you're looking for.

Once installed, please log in using your existing User ID and password. You will be required to upgrade the software and log in twice during the process of moving your account. Just follow the instructions provided by the software and your account will be successfully migrated.

You should then be ready to play on PokerStars.EU.

In regards to the issue with our contact form, we would like to ask you to try again, once you have installed PokerStars.EU and migrated your account.

Finally, regarding PokerStars.FR, please note that you will still be able to use your PokerStars.FR account. This has nothing to do with the migration from PokerStars.COM to PokerStars.EU.

If you encounter difficulties with the migration or need any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us again at any time

Comment

thank you lord

Comment

Also got that email today ;/ Dont play much there, but still very annoying

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                        Just got the email 10 minutes ago. Load of bollox.

However, if you still live in Ireland, your Winamax account will be permanently closed on 12th August 2015. At this time, the funds remaining on your account will be paid out to your bank account as registered on Winamax. The payment will be made for the total balance on your account at the time of account closure, as well as the monetary value of your Miles (€0.013/Miles), and the face value of your unused tournament tickets.
                        Looks like they're giving me a few days to try and blow the loots first!
                        Tried to log into my account earlier and it was frozen

Comment

What about the wpo ??? Is it ago ahead how can you sat now

Sent from my HUAWEI Y550-L01 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dmcstravog View Post
                            What about the wpo ??? Is it ago ahead how can you sat now

Sent from my HUAWEI Y550-L01 using Tapatalk
                            Wont make much difference to them. Field is always only about 5% Irish anyway & most of those buy in direct

Comment

Sent stars.fr an email earlier and got this reply.
                              why email them at all ?
                              we should have waited for them too tell those of us that still play there we cant no more

Comment

Originally posted by corkie123 View Post
                                why email them at all ?
                                we should have waited for them too tell those of us that still play there we cant no more
                                What?

Comment

Pretty frustrated by this. I play entirely on Winamax. Could someone explain, is this the Irish gambling commision who have changed their stance on it or a French change in gambling legislation?

I'm wondering if i provide a French address (which i have), with the same Irish bank account can i play from an IP address in Ireland? I just can't comprehend how stars.fr is ok but Winamax isn't.

Comment

This does not impact on the running of the Winamax Poker Open which will be held 23rd - 27th September at The Regency Hotel, Dublin - it will however put an end to irish players qualifying for the event through Winamax.fr - I will try to get some satellites for WPO up on local based sites.

The full schedule for WPO 2015 can be found here: https://www.winamax.fr/en/schedule.html
                                    sigpic

Dublin Poker Festival 13th to 23rd February 2020

Winamax Poker Open 30th November - 6th December 2020

Comment

Originally posted by LTL View Post
                                      Pretty frustrated by this. I play entirely on Winamax. Could someone explain, is this the Irish gambling commision who have changed their stance on it or a French change in gambling legislation?

I'm wondering if i provide a French address (which i have), with the same Irish bank account can i play from an IP address in Ireland? I just can't comprehend how stars.fr is ok but Winamax isn't.
                                      Its the new Irish gaming legislation. Anyone remote operators providing services to Irish citizens must have a license.

Stars have a license and Winamax don't basically. Can't see whats stopping them from applying for one but they seem to have ignored this as an option. Maybe its just not viable financially for them.

Comment

What?
                                        1/ why email them ?
                                        2/ let them tell us we cant play there anymore
                                        3/ why bother doing there work
                                        4/ im still playing on .fr until im told by them i cant play
                                        ps im playing at this moment

Comment

1/ why email them ?
                                          2/ let them tell us we cant play there anymore
                                          3/ why bother doing there work
                                          4/ im still playing on .fr until im told by them i cant play
                                          ps im playing at this moment
                                          1. LOL why not?
                                          2. LOL i'd rather know my plans so if i need to get my money off, i can (whereas my Winamax account is frozen and i can't check my balance/miles or play)
                                          3. You honestly think that they didn't know anything about it until i mentioned it to them?
                                          4. As will I
                                          5. As am I

I still don't get your point?

Comment

1. LOL why not?
                                            2. LOL i'd rather know my plans so if i need to get my money off, i can (whereas my Winamax account is frozen and i can't check my balance/miles or play)
                                            3. You honestly think that they didn't know anything about it until i mentioned it to them?
                                            4. As will I
                                            5. As am I

I still don't get your point?
                                            Haha haha. He reckons .fr had no idea about the winamax situation and is upset that you brought it to their attention. Because .fr would have nooooooo idea about the legislation hahaha. LolCork

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                              Haha haha. He reckons .fr had no idea about the winamax situation and is upset that you brought it to their attention. Because .fr would have nooooooo idea about the legislation hahaha. LolCork
                                              dont make a bigger fool of yourself
                                              of course they know you fecking fool
                                              all im saying is why do there job let them tell us that all
                                              the people on here are such fecking dopes sometimes
                                              and less of the lol cork
                                              Last edited by corkie123; 08-08-15, 15:43. Reason: should not have called him a dick head even if he is

Comment

and less of the lol cork
                                                Good man. Name calling is about your level alright. Well played.

LolCorkie123

Comment

why email them at all ?
                                                  tbf this was a fairly lolcork statement m8. Put your shovel away.

Comment

and less of the lol cork
                                                    worst limerick ever
                                                    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by PokerPiper View Post
                                                      Its the new Irish gaming legislation. Anyone remote operators providing services to Irish citizens must have a license.

Stars have a license and Winamax don't basically. Can't see whats stopping them from applying for one but they seem to have ignored this as an option. Maybe its just not viable financially for them.
                                                      Thanks Tim. Really is a pitty but hard to blame them if , realistically, they have under 200/300 regular Irish players. That said, I'v personally contributed over €3000+ in rake as a semi regular player on the site, be interested to know what the cost to them would have been.

Originally posted by D4 Events View Post
                                                      This does not impact on the running of the Winamax Poker Open which will be held 23rd - 27th September at The Regency Hotel, Dublin - it will however put an end to irish players qualifying for the event through Winamax.fr - I will try to get some satellites for WPO up on local based sites.

The full schedule for WPO 2015 can be found here: https://www.winamax.fr/en/schedule.html
                                                      I take it this does not effect you if you've already qualified as an Irish player?

Comment

I take it this does not effect you if you've already qualified as an Irish player?
                                                        My understanding is that you'll get the face value for the ticket, so you can buy in direct.

Comment

My understanding is that you'll get the face value for the ticket, so you can buy in direct.
                                                          Thanks, wrote to them on Friday afternoon and still no response. Guess Irish players aren't much of a priority anymore.

Comment

Thanks, wrote to them on Friday afternoon and still no response. Guess Irish players aren't much of a priority anymore.
                                                            Yep, i've wrote to them twice asking questions and they're usually quick off the ball, but nothing from them. Can't even log into my online wallet (through the website). I have a pretty close idea to how much €€/miles i have, but would have liked to know exactly so i could withdraw myself, rather than them just shipping the money into my account.

Comment

Yep, i've wrote to them twice asking questions and they're usually quick off the ball, but nothing from them. Can't even log into my online wallet (through the website). I have a pretty close idea to how much €€/miles i have, but would have liked to know exactly so i could withdraw myself, rather than them just shipping the money into my account.
                                                              Ye exact same position for me. The fact they told us we have til the 10th or 12th and then froze the accounts is seriously frustrating.

On another note, is pokerstars.fr as soft? Played a couple of stars.com tournaments last night and it was noticable tougher at mid stakes. Just no one tilt shoving 50bbs after losing a flip like on Winamax.
                                                              Last edited by LTL; 08-08-15, 17:29.

Comment

On another note, is pokerstars.fr as soft? Played a couple of stars.com tournaments last night and it was noticable tougher at mid stakes. Just no one tilt shoving 50bbs after losing a flip like on Winamax.
                                                                Nowhere will ever be as soft as Winamax! Stars.fr can be hit or miss. Plenty of value in it, but a lot good players too. You could find yourself at the FT of a €100 sitting in the middle of a fishbowl, and sometimes the €20fo are reg filled. Overall though, probably the softest out there at the moment and a better selection of games than Winamax had.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                                  worst limerick ever
                                                                  leave Limerick out of this m8
                                                                  Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

[QUOTE=dobby;915417]Good man. Name calling is about your level alright. Well played.

LolCorkie123[/QUO

so you know my level do you congrats on that

Comment

so you know my level do you congrats on that
                                                                      Well this is a strange response.

Comment

Send me a PM with your full name and Winamax User/Screen Name and I will check to see if you are pre-registered
                                                                        sigpic

Dublin Poker Festival 13th to 23rd February 2020

Winamax Poker Open 30th November - 6th December 2020

Comment

Working...
                                                                        X