What's the perfect tourny buy-in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the perfect tourny buy-in?

Just wondering what kind of buy-in appeals to most of you on a regular basis at your local club?
    It seems to get the buy-in and have a guaranteed or not guaranteed weekly event.
    My local club is running €30+10 and €20+5+5.
    Personally I would prefer a €100+15 weekly to look forward to with some kind of guarantee?

Also would love to know what nights that there is a "good" regular cash game going instead of turning up and maybe getting a game.
    Thoughts...!!!
    €50+10
    25.00%
    €75+15
    12.50%
    €100+15
    12.50%
    €100+15 with guarantee
    50.00%

I'd say the vast majority of local club players don't have €100/week to spunk off on a poker tournament. If the games aren't big enough for you, I'd suggest you start playing at a bigger club. Where are you based? I mean there's cash games going at The Fitz every night if you're after a regular game. The standard of play might be higher than you're used to, though.
    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
      I'd say the vast majority of local club players don't have €100/week to spunk off on a poker tournament. If the games aren't big enough for you, I'd suggest you start playing at a bigger club. Where are you based? I mean there's cash games going at The Fitz every night if you're after a regular game. The standard of play might be higher than you're used to, though.
      Based in the South-east so really the only place with a decent game would be Cork or Dublin.

Comment

Originally posted by thegolfnut1 View Post
        Based in the South-east so really the only place with a decent game would be Cork or Dublin.
        Dont let Celtic poker hear you saying that..

They have decent games for the type all over the South East in the 50-100 range all with guarentees, and as good a structure as could be expected.
        sigpic
        Longshotvalue.com

Comment

Working...
        X