X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...oh Wilfred...

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
      Why are there so many empty seats at the African soccer final?

Ghana going to win on penos in a few mins btw
      I'd imagine the tickets are huge prices as well relative to the local earnings.

Comment

Bony just missed Ivory Coast's first peno there - also the game has gone to penalties for anyone wanting to watch lol
        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

lol

Ivory Coast are ridic bottlers.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
            Bony just missed Ivory Coast's first peno there - also the game has gone to penalties for anyone wanting to watch lol
            ...Could you let me know the name, hair colour, and approx age of the girl your looking for...

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
              First online audition to join the Horsehead Elite. I think he has what it takes.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

How do you embed these yokes?
              Just paste the full youtube.com address, not the mobile link, and remove the s in https if there.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

If anyone is wondering what the above derangement is all about, it's apparently a big thing in South Korea to film yourself having your tay in a flamboyant manner.
                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

...Holy shite...Keeper injured in penalty shoot out...lol
                  ...Ha...He's taking the piss, then smiling and laughing after it...never seen that before in my life...

Comment

Injured goalkeeper during penos wtf?

Comment

LOL the 1.05 was a nice takeout

I thought it would jhave been a very African thing to make sure all the seats were filled, probably the trouble last week knocked that on the head.
                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

The Ivory Coast manager looks like someone who 100 years ago would have been leading an expedition of mercenaries to pillage Equatorial Guinea.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                          If anyone is wondering what the above derangement is all about, it's apparently a big thing in South Korea to film yourself having your tay in a flamboyant manner.
                          Over to you LSB
                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                            The Ivory Coast manager looks like someone who 100 years ago would have been leading an expedition of mercenaries to pillage Equatorial Guinea.
                            Mark Thatcher?

Comment

He's the head off Jamie Lanister

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Excellent shootout for entertainment. Some class penalties from Ivory Coast since they made a balls of the first 2.

Comment

Tough call for God with both teams praying to him.

Comment

That was an Afful good penalty

Comment

Yaya Yaya Yaya Yaya Yaya Yaya Yaya Toure
                                        Kolo Kolo Kolo Kolo Kolo Kolo Kolo Toure
                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                          Tough call for God with both teams praying to him.
                                          God v Allah isn't it?

All about who answers first.

Comment

Comment

...Ha...That keeper is a dick but fair fucks, he was always gonna score the winner :-0...

Comment

Haven't seen it go to keepers taking penos in a years...Ivory Coast keeper saves the other keepers peno then scores the winner.
                                                Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Shame his leg is too sore to cele.... nevermind
                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Allah wins.

Comment

Leicester announce they did not sack Pearson, still de gaffer.

Comment

Birdman is class.

SPOILER
                                                        The "one shot" cinematography is sweet. It could only be Keaton in the role too, a mirror of his career and an amazing performance. Awesome cast. Just awesome.

Comment

Strange day yesterday. Committed to bringing a close relation to a conference on hepatitis c and the latest drug improvements . As I left home at 7 am I was dreading it as I had presumed it would finish at lunch but had just found out it was scheduled to run till 1730 so I was going to miss a great days sport.

The first session was given by two professors from St James and a transplant surgeon from Vincent's . As I listened a growing sense of ineptitude set in as they described how they had spent their careers in various parts of the world working to eradicate the virus and having all returned to Ireland were now working on achieving that goal here. This is something that they feel can now be achieved by 2025 if the proper funding can be secured.

It came as a surprise to me at least to find out that more people die yearly from hep c than from H.I.V. I also naively thought that if you presented at A&E and had to have a blood test that both these viruses would show up if you were infected with either or both. You actually have to request to be tested for them. They estimate that there are 35-50 thousand people in Ireland that have no idea they have hep c. and will continue to be unaware unless a targeted screening programme can be funded. A pilot scheme of 1,000 people showed positive results of 40 times more than normal although some of this increase may have been related to the socio - economic problems of the location.

The afternoon session was a panel made up of a nurse , a counsellor and 3 patients who had entered various forms of treatment over the last 30 years since the virus became identifiable.the feelings of ineptitude from earlier were quickly replaced by a feeling of how lucky I have been in life compared to the 3 speakers and also how brave some people are in the face of adversity . Two of them had haemophilia and had been given blood containing both H.I.V. And hep c and the third patient had been an injecting drug user who contracted the hep c virus. There stories were horrific, one in particular brought most of the room to tears. Happily they have all been hep c virus free for some time and in the most horrific case there was a real silver lining . Because of the severity of his problems he had to be transplanted with a beating liver . As a result he no longer has Haemophilia .

The best success rates from previous medications were 60-70% and the meds had to be taken over a long period with severe side effects. A newly licensed drug Havorin has shown to have minimal side effects and in clinical trials is showing success rates of 97% which will probably drop by 5-10 % in actual treatment. It also has a duration of only 48 weeks and those for whom it won't be successful can be identified after 12 weeks. The new drug costs € 50000 and with a budget of c. 25 million left for this year only around 350 people will receive the treatment starting with the most severe cases.

Dr Varadkar popped in and did a 15 min speech which was well received. He showed empathy without being condescending and spoke very well on the subject .

All in all hope seemed to be the over-riding feeling for most of the people at the end of it. Enjoyable isn't the right word but certainly was delighted that I had attended and managed to see most of the rugby / Spurs match during the lunch break .

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                            Nasa launching DSCOVR satellite with SpaceX's falcon 9 rocket at 11.10pm tonight. Its going to be used to monitor solar climate changes (solar winds/particles that hit earth) and give advance warnings. These type of winds can fuck up GPS and many other essential infrastructures.

SpaceX are also attempting to land the spent rocket on an autonomous drone ship in the Atlantic. Stream here: http://www.ustream.tv/nasahdtv.
                                                            Postponed until tomorrow at the earliest. Some last minute minor issues that couldn't be resolved in time for the launch window.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                              Postponed until tomorrow at the earliest. Some last minute minor issues that couldn't be resolved in time for the launch window.
                                                              FFS I've been staring at it for ages.

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                                                I also naively thought that if you presented at A&E and had to have a blood test that both these viruses would show up if you were infected with either or both. You actually have to request to be tested for them.
                                                                I think a lot of people foolishly assume that. Thinking that anything of note will show up with a blood test. When in reality they need to look for specific antigens/antibodies/hormones/chemicals etc are present.

Comment

Somewhat mildly interesting, the keeper for Go Ahead Eagles is on loan from Ajax and Ajax are in 2nd in the Eredivisie. Ajax were drawing 1-1 until this happened late in the game.

http://www.lolfootball.com/ - Love Football? The funny side of the beautiful game. Join our community for daily pics, banter, memes, videos and articles. Foc...

Comment

Some finish in the golf. 4 man playoff now
                                                                    His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

4 way play off in US Golf.
                                                                      Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                        I think a lot of people foolishly assume that. Thinking that anything of note will show up with a blood test. When in reality they need to look for specific antigens/antibodies/hormones/chemicals etc are present.
                                                                        I was being nice to myself by saying naive 😊

Comment

Holmes played 18 like a pussy.
                                                                          Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Must be very labour intensive to check for all of this when someone donated blood then.
                                                                            The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

Was Better Call Saul on tonight. Is it up on Netlifx EU or US? Any use?

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                Holmes played 18 like a pussy.
                                                                                235 out and lays up. What a gimp. Have stallings at 150's so was delighted
                                                                                His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                  Was Better Call Saul on tonight. Is it up on Netlifx EU or US? Any use?
                                                                                  It isn't night time in USA yet. Prob on at 2 or 3.

Will be up on Irish Netflix in morning.

Comment

valentines tiner party at the bernard shaw haha

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey Rosa View Post
                                                                                      Must be very labour intensive to check for all of this when someone donated blood then.
                                                                                      I think the simple answer is that that don't check everything. Only what is necessary. HIV, Hep B/C, anything like that. but they wouldn't be interested in general blood tests.
                                                                                      But even doing those tests is quite labour intensive.

Conversely, if you go to the doctor for a blood count and liver function test. They aren't going to check HIV, Hep C, androgens, thyroid, etc unless you specifically request it, as these involves separate tests.
                                                                                      Last edited by Mellor; 09-02-15, 00:33.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                        Kinda cool. A new kettle.

Has a nice aesthetic to it, doesn't it? Suppose key will be price. Guess people would pay up to €30 due to the design novelty, but that's about the max premium price they could extract if they want it mass market.
                                                                                        People pay more for those bog standard kitchen appliance with sone dude called Russel Hobbs on them.

That said, just put less water in the kettle.
                                                                                        It has to be losing energy by heating water see with no lid on it?
                                                                                        Thirdly. If he banged it in the microwave, he'd have a perfe t brew in gig time with fuck all energy used.

Originally posted by dobma872527
                                                                                        How could you NOT love Big Sam. It's quotes like this that make me love him. Doesn't give a bollix
                                                                                        He is an awful hunan and probably failed to see the humkur and irony of the rubdown.

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                        Straw that broke the camels back I guess. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.
                                                                                        What was the incident? What's the general story with the gu y being a bad human?
                                                                                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

fucking databases
                                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                            fucking databases
                                                                                            Tinder
                                                                                            Grindr
                                                                                            Hookr

Comment

Tinder
                                                                                              Grindr
                                                                                              Hookr
                                                                                              truncate my log baby (it's an s&M db)
                                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Paul Murphy arrested. This is gonna be fun

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                      Let the beatings commence.

Comment

Although I actually would be sympathetic towards Syriza on this count, now is probably not the time to be reminding Germans of their historical obligations.

"Our historical obligation is to claim the occupation loan and reparations," Greece's new Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras said, referring to Germany's four-year occupation of Greece and a war-time loan to the Third Reich that ruined the country financially.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                          I am currently being falsely imprisoned in my car on the m7 northbound

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                            http://www.joe.ie/tech/pic-will-you-...weekend/484140

valentines tinder party at the bernard shaw haha
                                                                                                            Alright, who's going? A trip report needs to be given
                                                                                                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                                                                Had a rugby tour in York and is was a lovely city.
                                                                                                                Steeped in history medieval streets and cheap lovely spot.
                                                                                                                People were super friendly women were like rabid dogs .
                                                                                                                Fuck ireland for a stag not many strip clubs in Lahinch or westport etc.
                                                                                                                Off to york on a rugby tour this weekend...
                                                                                                                Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

Need someone to watch Better Call Saul and then tease us about how good it is all day
                                                                                                                  Currently watching it

Comment

This looks like an excellent competition Flushdraw, unmissable really for the darting/gambling fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Huybrechts View Post
                                                                                                                      Currently watching it
                                                                                                                      I'm not sure but I really want to see the next episode quickly so that's a good sign imo

Comment

...

Comment

Think next episode is showing tonight!
                                                                                                                          I'm gonna say the pilot episode didn't disappoint

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X