This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
    Hohum, apartment was bought sight unseen by someone, guess that's gg to my low rent. How's Malta looking Iago?
    T-27 days and counting

In the overwhelming process of selling and giving away almost everything we own, closing accounts, changing addresses setting up new accounts, meeting and saying goodbye to people and all the rest that goes with it.

Thanks to some guidance from Bohsman & Roadsweeper it's not as daunting as it would be if we were arriving blind.

We've got an estate agent lined up for the Monday after we arrive (we arrive at near midnight on the Thursday before) and she seems confident she can us a very good place for <€800. I'm hoping we'll find something in the €550-€650 region but we'll see how we get on.
    She's advised to allow around €100 on top for water/electricity and we'll have to sign up to a broadband service as well. They have some corporate deal with Melita that will see broadband activated within 24 hours so that seems positive.

Debating whether to look for another agent as well, but I think we'll give this girl a chance first. We've two weeks in the hotel anyway so we have some time to play with either way.
    Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
      T-27 days and counting

In the overwhelming process of selling and giving away almost everything we own, closing accounts, changing addresses setting up new accounts, meeting and saying goodbye to people and all the rest that goes with it.

Thanks to some guidance from Bohsman & Roadsweeper it's not as daunting as it would be if we were arriving blind.

We've got an estate agent lined up for the Monday after we arrive (we arrive at near midnight on the Thursday before) and she seems confident she can us a very good place for <€800. I'm hoping we'll find something in the €550-€650 region but we'll see how we get on.
      She's advised to allow around €100 on top for water/electricity and we'll have to sign up to a broadband service as well. They have some corporate deal with Melita that will see broadband activated within 24 hours so that seems positive.

Debating whether to look for another agent as well, but I think we'll give this girl a chance first. We've two weeks in the hotel anyway so we have some time to play with either way.
      when is the last gasp fire sale so we can come round your gaff and kick a few tyres and then outrageously lowball you when we sense you're getting desparate?
      Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Champions League Quarter Final draw

PSG vs. Barcelona
        Atletico Madrid vs. Real Madrid
        Porto vs. Bayern Munich
        Juventus vs. Monaco

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
          when is the last gasp fire sale so we can come round your gaff and kick a few tyres and then outrageously lowball you when we sense you're getting desparate?
          Not sure how much I'll be left with to be honest. Most of the big ticket items are gone already. ALthough I haven't tried to sell the beds as I'm trying to work out how I can get them out of the house in one piece!

I haven't yet got rid of most of the electronics though, potentially will just drop them all into CEX and see what I can get for them. Would obviously do a great deal for an IPBer if someone was interested in the lot.

Comprises
          1 seagate go flex home (with 1 TB storage) http://www.amazon.co.uk/Seagate-STAM...oflex+home+2tb which is effectively brand new as I've never used it.

1 seagate flex cinema media player (3TB) http://www.memoryc.com/storage/multi...nema1080p.html which while not brand new hasn't been used much at all as I pretty much exclusively live stream stuff

1 Zyxel NSA 220 (one drive in case I think it's 1TB) http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Zyxel-NSA-220...p2054897.l4275 which again is pretty much unused

3 old laptops (Two Dell & 1 HP..two of which are probably only good for scrap parts to be fair, nothing wrong with them other than the fact that they are old)

an XBOX 360 with a few games & a wireless adapter and two wireless controllers

a Nexus 7 with Sandstrom Leather case

------------------------------------------------------

Have a beautiful Raymond Weil watch that there has been some mild interest in, but would be perfect for an upcoming man about town or an already dapper gentleman obviously. If only their like existed on here

After all of that, I might just have a free for all and watch people tear each other apart over the free stuff that's available
          Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Which version and how low would you go?
            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I Lol'd

Comment

Not sure how much I'll be left with to be honest. Most of the big ticket items are gone already. ALthough I haven't tried to sell the beds as I'm trying to work out how I can get them out of the house in one piece!

I haven't yet got rid of most of the electronics though, potentially will just drop them all into CEX and see what I can get for them. Would obviously do a great deal for an IPBer if someone was interested in the lot.

Comprises
                1 seagate go flex home (with 1 TB storage) http://www.amazon.co.uk/Seagate-STAM...oflex+home+2tb which is effectively brand new as I've never used it.

1 seagate flex cinema media player (3TB) http://www.memoryc.com/storage/multi...nema1080p.html which while not brand new hasn't been used much at all as I pretty much exclusively live stream stuff

1 Zyxel NSA 220 (one drive in case I think it's 1TB) http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Zyxel-NSA-220...p2054897.l4275 which again is pretty much unused

3 old laptops (Two Dell & 1 HP..two of which are probably only good for scrap parts to be fair, nothing wrong with them other than the fact that they are old)

an XBOX 360 with a few games & a wireless adapter and two wireless controllers

------------------------------------------------------

Have a beautiful Raymond Weil watch that there has been some mild interest in, but would be perfect for an upcoming man about town or an already dapper gentleman obviously. If only their like existed on here

After all of that, I might just have a free for all and watch people tear each other apart over the free stuff that's available
                How tight for space are you if you need to sell the watch?

Can you PM me deets of it pleases?

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                  You got a personal Simpsons avatar from that company as well?

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                    You got a personal Simpsons avatar from that company as well?
                    Best fiver I never spent
                    Tick tock

Comment

+1 to mild interest in the watch.

Comment

Working...
                      X