This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RichieM View Post

Girl at work going on mat leave and I am older than her and the baby daddy combined.
    And soon them and the kid

Comment

Originally posted by limpwhacker View Post
      To win the stage by 40 seconds after a mechanical was just incredible
      Drugs obv
      Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

For the golfheads, is Phil Mickleson generally considered a good guy?
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Found Ted Lasso a bit of a slog for season three.
          Then I checked it versus season 1 and the episodes have increased from 30 mins to over an hour each.
          ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
            Depends on your definition of good i guess. He and Tiger were by far the most popular golfers in the world amongst the fans but i guess he's tarnished that a bit with the move to LIV.

A lot of skeletons in the closet though - or at least rumours thereof. A huge gambler by all accounts and a huge loser overall which is probably why he pushed LIV so much - he got loads of money for moving when his days as a top draw, earning top money on the PGA tour was coming to an end. Aforementioned rumours of getting in bed with the mafia/very bad people because of the gambling habit.

Was always my favourite golfer as he was liable to do anything, crazy skilful, especially near the green. Spent hours after rounds signing autographs etc. Many different facets to him i guess to synopsise.

Comment

Not to a lot of irishwomen anyway since he made certain throwaway comments during Walker Cup in Portmarnock.
              Recent bool about him is a rollicking read,

Comment

See photo below. This is a space I managed to acquire during the house rejigging. Basically under the stairs (understairs toilet to left of it, gable wall exterior to right).

It's approx 70cm wide and 135cm high. 150cm depth.

I would like to turn it into a proper little wine cave. Anyone got any smart ideas? (alternatively I could just crawl into it and drink wine while avoiding my family)

20230527_164759.jpg
                It’s a tricky shape. Could line the side with modular racks. Would hold ~200 bottles. But you need to shimmy down the 40cm side.

A better idea would be ~100 bottles in a rack facing you along the back. Easier to access. If wanted to go a bit further, could have single bottle wall racks along one side. Maybe another 50 bottles.
                Would still leave 60x120cm floor space for access and cases of Tuesday wine.

Comment

Has the rather curious and cumbersome nickname FIGJAM amongst the other players.

SPOILER
                  Fuck, I'm good, just ask me

Comment

Originally posted by The Istanbul View Post

Not to a lot of irishwomen anyway since he made certain throwaway comments during Walker Cup in Portmarnock.
                    Recent bool about him is a rollicking read,
                    That's the reason I asked. Just finished it and I'm still none the wiser! A guy I work with was a friend of his at Arizona State and recommended it.

Seems most likely 'a bit of both', like all of us.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

It’s a tricky shape. Could line the side with modular racks. Would hold ~200 bottles. But you need to shimmy down the 40cm side.

A better idea would be ~100 bottles in a rack facing you along the back. Easier to access. If wanted to go a bit further, could have single bottle wall racks along one side. Maybe another 50 bottles.
                      Would still leave 60x120cm floor space for access and cases of Tuesday wine.
                      Thanks man.

Yeah, I'll try out option 2 and see how it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

Was just about to post about this. New series was due to air tonight. It’s been postponed. They are most likely still filming the season. Will be strange viewing knowing Jock is will not come back one week and why.

Police found his body at 2am after a welfare check call to hotel. Poor bastard.
                        Wasnt going to, but decided to start the new series...ah here, having Brent back with his mental health story....in bits i was.
                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Thanks man.

Yeah, I'll try out option 2 and see how it goes.
                          This type is a good modular style that you can make up with the required width x height.
                          ​​​​​
                          Was sorta thinking like this for wall rack on the side. But loads of options on the likes of Amazon

​​​ ​​​​

​​​​​​

​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

Wasnt going to, but decided to start the new series...ah here, having Brent back with his mental health story....in bits i was.
                            Was on the fence watching it myself. But decided to when I learned filmed was complete and it wouldn’t have to cover his absence.
                            Right off the bat, Brent’s mental health and Jock chatting to him prior to his exit. I’m more aware of Jock and his worry heads this time around.

Comment

Had plans to do the same as you Raoul with under the stairs. Was a playroom for a bit, then a toy dumping ground.

Was just waiting until toys were grown out of.

We've just turned it into a larder though given we flipped the kitchen around. Don't see it ever changing from that function sadly.
                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

I know there's not too many snooker fans here but Ronnie's chat on Hendry's YouTube channel is top stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlbi...dry%27sCueTips

Comment

The Wall..Climb for Gold on Netflix
                                  Documentary following four female climbers as they attempt to qualify for the Olympics.

Just took a flyer with this one and it was excellent. Well worth a watch.

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post
                                    Documentary following four female climbers as they attempt to qualify for the Olympics.

Cheers man, just stuck it on.

Comment

Harrington vs Stricker decent viewing. 1 back with 3 to go
                                      His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                        Welfare check usually points at one thing
                                        Just reading back given mellors post on this current page. Yikes, I hadn't realised fully that's what welfare check was code for.
                                        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Seem to have come upon a slump in terms of tv. Good run for a while there. But now Barry is finished, the reservoir is pretty thin. Tried a few bits and pieces that all seem flawed in various ways - High Desert being the most recent, then The Consultant, Citadel, Hello Tomorrow, Poker Face. All incomplete, and they seem to be the big promises of the moment.

Anyone any recommendations?

Tempted by What We Do in the Shadows.

Some may find the following interesting:

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post

That was a great watch, cheers for the heads up

Comment

A public information announcement:

Been using this for the past while and its phenomenal. Bypasses nearly all US media paywall, including IPB-fav - Bloomberg.com. All the newspapers, 100s of them, zero hassle access, no buttons to click etc.

Instructions are super-simple:

1. Click on the Green code button near the top right of the page - click download zip
                                              2. Unzip the downloaded folder
                                              3. Go to the Chrome extensions page by pasting: chrome://extensions/ - into a browser window
                                              4. Very top right of that page there is a slider-button called Developer Mode - slide it to on
                                              5. Drag the unzipped folder from wherever you have it on your computer onto the extensions page (don't delete the folder afterwards, it needs to stay on your computer)

And you are done.

Also updated my ad-blocking in a fit of computer cleansing:

1. AdBlock seems to have essentially stopped working as its lets through so much crap
                                              - Go to AdBlock settings and unclick 'allow some non-intrusive ads' - these started as a good idea but they are letting way too many ads in now
                                              - Click on FilterList in the left-hand-side menu and add a few more filter lists to your filters - I added fanboy's list, and the rather brilliant 'Adblock Warning Removal list' - which removes ads saying 'please remove your adblock'

2. I also installed a whole new ad-blocker called Poper Blocker - a highly recommended ad blocker - essentially it focuses on just stopping any type of within-webpage visual ad - you know those ones that follow you around the page, or unroll as you scroll.

3. If you haven't yet done it - well worth also getting the Turkish or wherever version of YouTube Premium, as another way of removing ads from your life. Removes every single ad on YouTube and turns it into a highly positive experience, for the mere price of about a euro a month. Great for kids as they get inundated with ads otherwise.

Browsing is vastly improved. I'd imagine a lot of us just installed default ad-blocker ages ago and forgot about it, but all those pesky ad-servers have been finding all these fancy new ways of intruding.

Comment

Did ye see this article in the Irish Times?

Cancer doctors accuse insurers of denying patients access to new drugs

Irish Life and Laya Healthcare are ‘hiding behind’ the long approval process for treatments, say oncologists Prof Ray McDermott and Prof John Crown

Ireland is second worst in Europe for access to new cancer drugs, says Prof Ray McDermott

Paul Cullen

Private health insurers Irish Life and Laya are “hiding behind” the lengthy process for approving drugs and denying patients access to proven cancer treatments, according to two leading oncologists.

By refusing to reimburse the drugs recommended by patients’ doctors, the two companies are effectively forcing patients to use inferior treatments, Prof Ray McDermott and Prof John Crown say.

Prof McDermott says he is “totally frustrated” at the refusal of Irish Life Health and Laya Healthcare to cover the cost of new cancer treatments for patients when VHI funds them.

“Patients know these drugs exist. They are proven. They’ve been approved on clinical grounds by the regulatory bodies. But we can’t use them until a price has been agreed in the public system, and that can take over two years. A lot of patients will be dead by then.”

As a result, he says, patients with advanced cancer resort to desperate means when their access to immunotherapies is blocked – by paying for the drug themselves, fundraising or “robbing the family of their estate”.

According to Prof McDermott, VHI generally reimburses a new drug within one or two months of it being clinically approved by the European Medicines Agency (EMA). In contrast, Irish Life and Laya wait until Irish authorities make a decision on reimbursement in the public system.

The Health Service Executive (HSE) funds scores of expensive new-generation therapies to treat different cancers, but each new use of an existing drug to treat a specific cancer must be assessed on cost-efficiency grounds. This process is often followed by a lengthy period of price negotiation with the manufacturer before a decision is made.

Ireland is second worst in Europe for access to new cancer drugs, Prof McDermott says.

“It takes on average two years from the time a drug is approved by the EMA to when we can prescribe it for our patients. Only Portugal takes longer,” he said.

Having health insurance with Laya or Irish Life puts you at a “serious disadvantage” if you have cancer, he says. “It is very frustrating when we are trying to do our best for patients.”

Prof Crown says there is now a “substantial gap in coverage” for cancer treatments between the VHI and its two rivals.

“It is very unfortunate that our already regrettable two-tier healthcare system is now becoming a three-tier system. It is regrettable too that private insurers are refusing to make drugs available to their clients which have been approved at European level,” he said.

“People who are choosing what health insurance company to join or who are existing members of insurance companies need to be aware that there is now a very substantial difference in access to modern cancer treatments in favour of VHI compared to the other two companies.”

The former senator points out that he and other oncologists do not stand to benefit if patients are approved for treatments.

“I have no economic interest in this one. If I can’t get the drug that’s paid for by the company, I will give them something else and get paid exactly the same. The only difference is that it doesn’t work as well,” he said.

VHI accounts for about half of the private health insurance market, with the remainder fairly equally shared between Irish Life and Laya. Irish Life last week announced a premium increase, the second this year.

Irish Life says it funds treatments approved by the National Centre for Pharmacoeconomics, the National Cancer Control Programme or the HSE.

Laya said it accepted “the guidance and direction” of the NCCP, the NCPE and the HSE, “in consultation with medical consultants involved in the treatment of patients”.

Comment

ty HH. Is there a list of the sites that you can access with that?

Comment

ty HH. Is there a list of the sites that you can access with that?
                                                    Scroll down a bit on the link.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                      Seem to have come upon a slump in terms of tv. Good run for a while there. But now Barry is finished, the reservoir is pretty thin. Tried a few bits and pieces that all seem flawed in various ways - High Desert being the most recent, then The Consultant, Citadel, Hello Tomorrow, Poker Face. All incomplete, and they seem to be the big promises of the moment.
                                                      Wait until this time next year when the effects of the current writers strike in the US kick in.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

Scroll down a bit on the link.
                                                        seems to work OK for sites I've never visited before but not for ones I have. Clear cookies I guess?

Comment

Dentist has just moved into a new building taking up maybe 10% of Blackrock main street, and with the look and feel of a boutique spa hôtel, right down to the meditative music. We may be paying dentists too much.

Noticed the same in Dun Laoghaire with a new dentist there. Big luxury spa vibes. It's a long way from the good old days of a drunk sweaty man resting his feet on the dentist chair to get a better grip with his teeth-wrenching pliers.

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post

Wait until this time next year when the effects of the current writers strike in the US kick in.
                                                            Based on the current shows, maybe a bit of time for the writers to stop writing and reflect on their ideas would be no bad thing

Comment

and we'll all be watching TV written by AI.

hi Chat GPT. Please pitch me an idea for a new TV series. I would like it to combine the humour of Month Pythons Glying Circus and the drama of The Sopranos. Thank you.

Title: "Family Farce"

Genre: Dark Comedy-Drama

Synopsis:

"Family Farce" is a unique TV series that combines the irreverent humor of "Monty Python's Flying Circus" with the gripping drama of "The Sopranos." Set in a fictional town, the series revolves around the dysfunctional, eccentric, and morally ambiguous members of the Cappellini family.

The Cappellinis are an Italian-American mob family struggling to maintain their criminal empire while dealing with their own comically absurd and deeply flawed personalities. Each member of the family possesses a distinctive quirk, making for an explosive mix of hilarious situations and tense, character-driven drama.

The series explores the dichotomy between the Cappellini family's criminal activities and their everyday lives, showcasing the absurdity and dark humor that arises from their attempts to balance their criminal pursuits with the mundane aspects of family life. In one moment, they might be planning a heist, and in the next, they're bickering over trivial family matters.

The comedic aspects draw inspiration from the surreal and offbeat humor of "Monty Python's Flying Circus," featuring outrageous situations, clever wordplay, and absurd visual gags. However, beneath the surface, the series delves into the complex dynamics and emotional struggles of the characters, akin to the gritty realism and intense character development seen in "The Sopranos."

As the series progresses, "Family Farce" explores themes of loyalty, betrayal, power struggles, and the consequences of a life steeped in crime. The characters' personal journeys intertwine with the larger narrative, creating a unique blend of comedy and drama that keeps viewers on the edge of their seats while constantly surprising them with unexpected twists.

"Family Farce" offers a fresh and unconventional take on the traditional crime drama, combining the sharp wit and irreverence of "Monty Python's Flying Circus" with the gritty realism and character depth of "The Sopranos." This series promises to take audiences on a rollercoaster ride of laughter, tension, and emotional investment, providing a unique and entertaining viewing experience.

Comment

Was ambling through Dubrays earlier waiting on the joy of dentistry and came across a new N.K. Jemisin 'The World We Make'. Book thread afficionados might remember Jemisin as a cult fav. Looks class and perhaps an ideal beach read.

Comment

A combination of Sopranos and Nathan for You would be class. Like a mockumentary style. Monty Python is probably best regarded as: well it must have been funny at the time.

Comment

seems to work OK for sites I've never visited before but not for ones I have. Clear cookies I guess?
                                                                    Still not. Trying the Irish Times, the Atlantic and the New Yorker.

Wokeist left coast libaloon that I am.

Comment

A combination of Sopranos and Nathan for You would be class. Like a mockumentary style. Monty Python is probably best regarded as: well it must have been funny at the time.
                                                                      I for one can't wait for the Cappelinis.

Comment

A proud moment
                                                                        No more drop me here collect me there
                                                                        She's currently browsing Halfords for pimpage

IMG_6874.jpeg
                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                          A proud moment

IMG_6874.jpeg
                                                                          You still off the drink, or have you just gained a new taxi driver?

Comment

You still off the drink, or have you just gained a new taxi driver?
                                                                            I'd say I've gained a taxi driver lol
                                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Speaking of TV shows, don't know how Succession past me by, always assumed it was akin to that Power TV show, started a few weeks ago with the wife after several mentions by RD, and a couple of episodes into season 3 already, outstanding watch, such a family of cunts...

Need to slow it down, don't want it to end.

HH, What we do in the shadows is fantastic, well worth a watch.
                                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Lets see the script.

Hey I’m not a gangster.
                                                                                - But you are dressed as one.
                                                                                - They dressed me like this. - No, we didn't.
                                                                                - And this isn't my Gun . It's a false one.
                                                                                - Well? - We did do the Gun
                                                                                And the hat. But he is a Gangster
                                                                                - What makes you think he’s a gangster

- He shot me for not paying Protection money
                                                                                - I got better.

- There are ways of telling whether he is a Gangster
                                                                                - Are there? What are they? Tell us. - Do they hurt?
                                                                                - Tell me, what do you do with Gangsters ?
                                                                                - Burn them!
                                                                                - And what do you burn, apart from witches?
                                                                                - Gangsters - Wood!
                                                                                - So why do Gangsters burn?
                                                                                - 'Cause they're made of wood? - Good!
                                                                                - How do we tell if he is made of wood? - Build a bridge out of him
                                                                                - But can you not also make bridges out of stone?
                                                                                - Oh, yeah.
                                                                                - Does wood sink in water?
                                                                                - No, it floats. - Throw him into the pond!
                                                                                - What also floats in water?
                                                                                - A duck!
                                                                                - Exactly.
                                                                                - So, logically--
                                                                                - If he weighs the same as a duck...
                                                                                - he's made of wood.
                                                                                - And therefore?
                                                                                - A Gangster.

Comment

Been very briefly catching glimpses of the new career of Eamonn Holmes as a right-wing media buffoon. I thought his whole schtick was being cute and cuddly. Where did it all go wrong?

I wonder if he had some sort of 'life event'. Like Gemma's thing seems partially traceable to her husband suddenly dying. Think something happened to John Waters too. Seems there's a small subset of people who emerge from life restructurings with rather bizarre views.

Comment

Been very briefly catching glimpses of the new career of Eamonn Holmes as a right-wing media buffoon. I thought his whole schtick was being cute and cuddly. Where did it all go wrong?

I wonder if he had some sort of 'life event'. Like Gemma's thing seems partially traceable to her husband suddenly dying. Think something happened to John Waters too. Seems there's a small subset of people who emerge from life restructurings with rather bizarre views.
                                                                                    Maybe they need to fk a teenager ?

Comment

Things about to get worse for some Leinster fans

PwC suspends nine over tax leak scandal which has dragged in Irish operation

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/...ish-operation/

you would say this must destroy PWC’s reputation but I’m not sure how anyone could think they had a reputation to destroy in the fittest place.
                                                                                      fraud rubber stamping , double dealing, incompetent, lazy wasters just like the rest of the big 4, absolutely rotten and yet I’m sure plenty of taxpayers money still being shipped to these useless cunts .
                                                                                      bring on the AI accountants I’ll queue up in the street to welcome them in a ticker tape parade.
                                                                                      Last edited by MysteryGuest; 29-05-23, 12:08.
                                                                                      Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

PWC is infested with Culchies so i guess the Munsters will be upset too.

Comment

Was ambling through Dubrays earlier waiting on the joy of dentistry and came across a new N.K. Jemisin 'The World We Make'. Book thread afficionados might remember Jemisin as a cult fav. Looks class and perhaps an ideal beach read.
                                                                                          Keep picking that up and putting it back down metaphorically. Loved the Broken Earth Trilogy, really struggled to warm to the Inheritance books. Finally succumbed to practicality of upcoming travel and got an ereader so will get to it sooner or later

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

Lets see the script.

Hey I’m not a gangster.
                                                                                            [FONT=Calibri][COLOR=#212121][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=black]- But you are dressed as one.
                                                                                            - They dressed me like this. - No, we didn't.
                                                                                            I flicked that to Chat GPT. Asked him to rewrite with what sine action and a shoot out…

"Hey, I'm not a fuckin' gangster!" Slim exclaimed, his voice filled with frustration.

Vigilante Mob Leader: "But you're dressed like one, you piece of shit!"

Slim: "They forced me into this getup, I swear!"

Mob Enforcer: "Nah, we didn't dress him up. And this ain't his fuckin' gun either. It's a decoy."

Detective: "Well?"

Mob Leader: "We did provide the gun and the hat, alright? But this motherfucker here, he's a goddamn gangster."

Detective: "What makes you so sure he's a fuckin' gangster?"

Mob Enforcer: "He shot me when I didn't pay up for protection... [pauses] ...but I got better."

Slim's eyes narrowed, a cold determination taking over his features. Without warning, he swiftly drew his concealed pistol, pointing it directly at the mob enforcer.

Slim: "Looks like you're the one in need of protection now."

Detective: "Whoa, whoa, calm down! Let's not make this any messier than it already is!"

Slim: "Too late for that."

Slim squeezed the trigger, firing a shot that grazed the mob enforcer's shoulder. The mob members scrambled for cover, panic filling the air.

Detective: "Everybody, get down!" he shouted, diving behind a nearby crate.

Amidst the chaos, Slim took advantage of the distraction and fired shots into the air, creating a wall of noise and confusion. The mob leader barked orders, attempting to regain control.

Mob Leader: "Don't let him escape, you fuckin' idiots! Surround him!"

But Slim had other plans. With a determined grit, he focused on his escape route, weaving through the maze of crates and obstacles.

Detective: "Cover me! I'll keep him pinned down!" he yelled to his fellow officers, emerging from behind cover and providing suppressing fire.

Slim raced towards the exit, bullets whizzing past him, his heart pounding in his chest. The gritty alleyway became a battlefield, filled with the relentless exchange of gunfire.

Slim leaped over a toppled dumpster, rolling across the ground to evade a hail of bullets. His senses heightened, he made split-second decisions, firing back with calculated precision.

Detective: "He's making a run for it! Stop him!"

Slim's movements became fluid, blending into the chaos, his instincts guiding him. With a final burst of energy, he sprinted towards the freedom of the open street.

Detective: "Fall back! We can't catch him now!"

Slim vanished into the labyrinthine city streets, leaving behind a trail of scattered mob members and frustrated law enforcement officers.

Detective: "Damn it... he slipped through our fingers," he muttered, frustration etched across his face.

Slim had escaped, for now. The city would continue to be his battleground, and the detective vowed to bring him to justice. The hunt had just begun, and the streets would soon run red with the blood of gangsters.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                              Speaking of TV shows, don't know how Succession past me by, always assumed it was akin to that Power TV show, started a few weeks ago with the wife after several mentions by RD, and a couple of episodes into season 3 already, outstanding watch, such a family of cunts...

Need to slow it down, don't want it to end.

HH, What we do in the shadows is fantastic, well worth a watch.
                                                                                              I'm going to watch the last episode tonight.

SPOILER
                                                                                              Standing by the prediction I made the start of S04; that they will fulfill Logan's opinion of them and they will manage to fuck everything up royally.
                                                                                              Am hoping for good things though for:
                                                                                              • Greg (how can you not funk for this guy just a little bit? He's really come a long way from puking out of Doderick's eyeballs in S01)
                                                                                              • Tom (he's eaten so much shit from Shiv he deserves to come out on the upside for once)
                                                                                              • Frank (rarely seen an actor who can convey so much with such little facial change)
                                                                                              • Connor (maybe he somehow gets elected as POTUS?)
                                                                                              • Mattson's right hand man\drinking buddy, who seems like good craic
                                                                                              • Marcia (please let her return and sweep the Roys aside with some power moves)
                                                                                              • Colin the bodyguard

Comment

See photo below. This is a space I managed to acquire during the house rejigging. Basically under the stairs (understairs toilet to left of it, gable wall exterior to right).

It's approx 70cm wide and 135cm high. 150cm depth.

I would like to turn it into a proper little wine cave. Anyone got any smart ideas? (alternatively I could just crawl into it and drink wine while avoiding my family)

20230527_164759.jpg

I presume knocking into and taking over the toilet is out of the question?

I think I would be tempted to cover either the left or right side of the wall fully. A wine bottle is approx 30 cm long so it would still give you 40 cm to do a sideward shuffle up and down the space. Not much room but think it gives you the most bang for your buck as opposed to just decking out the back wall

I have a couple of these which I have under my stairs, although my under stairs has shelving on the right and the roof gets lower as you go in so space is a lot tighter and I have to stick to the back wall with them. I'm not sure how high you can go with them before they come unsturdy but might be an option.

Comment

I'm binging this at the minute.
                                                                                                  If you liked the walking dead then it's for you

Her sky-ness
                                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

1. AdBlock seems to have essentially stopped working as its lets through so much crap
                                                                                                    - Go to AdBlock settings and unclick 'allow some non-intrusive ads' - these started as a good idea but they are letting way too many ads in now
                                                                                                    - Click on FilterList in the left-hand-side menu and add a few more filter lists to your filters - I added fanboy's list, and the rather brilliant 'Adblock Warning Removal list' - which removes ads saying 'please remove your adblock'

2. I also installed a whole new ad-blocker called Poper Blocker - a highly recommended ad blocker - essentially it focuses on just stopping any type of within-webpage visual ad - you know those ones that follow you around the page, or unroll as you scroll.

3. If you haven't yet done it - well worth also getting the Turkish or wherever version of YouTube Premium, as another way of removing ads from your life. Removes every single ad on YouTube and turns it into a highly positive experience, for the mere price of about a euro a month. Great for kids as they get inundated with ads otherwise.

Browsing is vastly improved. I'd imagine a lot of us just installed default ad-blocker ages ago and forgot about it, but all those pesky ad-servers have been finding all these fancy new ways of intruding.
                                                                                                    I reluctantly signed up to this via Argentina a few months ago. Don't like rewarding a company for making their service worse but here we are. It's not until I see someone else use Youtube that I realise how bad it is. Huge bang for buck.

Like the adblock thing, I'm always on the lookout for small things in life that's slowly become worse, or has become an impedance. Something that can easily be improved, but I'm missing because I just haven't been paying attention.

Comment

I'm binging this at the minute.
                                                                                                      If you liked the walking dead then it's for you

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt9813792/?ref_=ext_shr_lnk
                                                                                                      I really like season 1. About halfway through season 2.

I’ve described it as Wayward Pines meets Lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

I presume knocking into and taking over the toilet is out of the question?

I think I would be tempted to cover either the left or right side of the wall fully. A wine bottle is approx 30 cm long so it would still give you 40 cm to do a sideward shuffle up and down the space. Not much room but think it gives you the most bang for your buck as opposed to just decking out the back wall

I have a couple of these which I have under my stairs, although my under stairs has shelving on the right and the roof gets lower as you go in so space is a lot tighter and I have to stick to the back wall with them. I'm not sure how high you can go with them before they come unsturdy but might be an option.

I did question the need for a toilet (and it ate the bookcase space from my office) but for some reason I was overruled.

Thinking for the space, narrow but relatively high, something like this would be ideal:

il_794xN.3188860247_e7ig.jpg

Comment

I did question the need for a toilet (and it ate the bookcase space from my office) but for some reason I was overruled.

Thinking for the space, narrow but relatively high, something like this would be ideal
                                                                                                          Just make sure it's well secured to the wall, the last thing you need is to wake up to find it's toppled over and all the bottles have crashed out of it

Comment

Been using this for the past while and its phenomenal. Bypasses nearly all US media paywall, including IPB-fav - Bloomberg.com. All the newspapers, 100s of them, zero hassle access, no buttons to click etc.

Instructions are super-simple:

1. Click on the Green code button near the top right of the page - click download zip
                                                                                                            2. Unzip the downloaded folder
                                                                                                            3. Go to the Chrome extensions page by pasting: chrome://extensions/ - into a browser window
                                                                                                            4. Very top right of that page there is a slider-button called Developer Mode - slide it to on
                                                                                                            5. Drag the unzipped folder from wherever you have it on your computer onto the extensions page (don't delete the folder afterwards, it needs to stay on your computer)

And you are done.
                                                                                                            I'm almost in tears. Years of trolling redeemed in one post.

Comment

Hustler running a minimum 1 million buy-in cash game all weekend and for the next couple of nights. The lineups have been piss poor with mostly a bunch of wealthy fish punting against each other. A real wtf was Aussie Matt showing up in the game yesterday after not having been seen around poker for years. Tony G also appeared in the game and Rampage made him proud last night showing his heart and commitment to the game!

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

I'm almost in tears. Years of trolling redeemed in one post.
                                                                                                                tickled me somewhat.

HH and AI were made for each other . Big things a comin

Comment

Anyone got a decent IPTV they're happy with?

My guys of several years (RedEyeTV) started off great but in recent times the service has gone to crap, unpredictable and they seem to have given up on customer service while simultaneously raising their prices massively. They can do one.

OKTV from the UK looks, well, OK?

Comment

Raoul Duke III Are you travelling to Lords this week?

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                                                                                                                      Anyone got a decent IPTV they're happy with?

My guys of several years (RedEyeTV) started off great but in recent times the service has gone to crap, unpredictable and they seem to have given up on customer service while simultaneously raising their prices massively. They can do one.

OKTV from the UK looks, well, OK?
                                                                                                                      I cant help (in Canada) but my boys got raided this week. EU crackdown on it apparently, pirates were based in Netherlands.
                                                                                                                      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

A proud moment

IMG_6874.jpeg
                                                                                                                        Same here. She got the full licence and here 18th birthday was next day. How you doing the insurance?
                                                                                                                        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

I'm going to watch the last episode tonight.

SPOILER
                                                                                                                          Standing by the prediction I made the start of S04; that they will fulfill Logan's opinion of them and they will manage to fuck everything up royally.
                                                                                                                          Am hoping for good things though for:
                                                                                                                          • Greg (how can you not funk for this guy just a little bit? He's really come a long way from puking out of Doderick's eyeballs in S01)
                                                                                                                          • Tom (he's eaten so much shit from Shiv he deserves to come out on the upside for once)
                                                                                                                          • Frank (rarely seen an actor who can convey so much with such little facial change)
                                                                                                                          • Connor (maybe he somehow gets elected as POTUS?)
                                                                                                                          • Mattson's right hand man\drinking buddy, who seems like good craic
                                                                                                                          • Marcia (please let her return and sweep the Roys aside with some power moves)
                                                                                                                          • Colin the bodyguard
                                                                                                                          1 (arguably 2)/7

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X