This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
    @Shrap, have you ever been to the Gustave Moreau museum in Paris? I had never heard of him until someone recommended the museum to me last week. It is fantastic, wonderful paintings in a funky 4 story house.
    SPOILER
    i've seen some of his paintings but never heard of that museum. cheers. looks amazing. will check it out one day

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
      honestly, I just don't have enough eyes. it's torture.
      My commiserations. I'm sure a man of your immense fortitude will somehow manage to persevere though.
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

I did though hear an awful story. Apparently, if you sell back over €200 of electricity to the grid in a year, then you owe marginal income tax on the excess. What a stupid fucking idea. Just the raw inconvenience of making the declaration, if nothing else. To fix the issue I'm going to get a new car charger where you can select to charge the car off excess solar and thus, approximately, drive for free from May to September.
        Now, most people on the Renewable Energies section of boards are fairly unanimous in saying that there's no point declaring this, you won't get caught, etc etc... so take from that what you will. On the flip side, you're leaving a pretty in-your-face paper trail by selling electricity back to the national grid, so the counter-argument is that if the government ever cares enough to chase this, it's not like it would be hard to uncover those non-declarers!

That €200 allowance per annum should be €2,000 realistically, considering they actively want more micro-generation, which is both good for the planet but more crucially in the short term good for the national grid. New houses should only be built these days with a decent solar PV system included, the cost of adding a 4kW system en masse to hundreds of houses in a big development would be totally marginal in relation to the total new house cost. Though the availability of labour would be an issue I guess.

Comment

fully agree! its almost petty tbh
          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
            Today's gonna be the first day since our solar panel install that we generate over 40kWh So far this month we've generated 652 kWh in total, and only used 236 kWh (split into 159 kWh of our own generation used, and 77 purchased from the grid); so 493 kWh sent back to the national grid at a rate of 24c per kWh, SSE Airtricity will owe me €118 for that. Minus the €25 I owe them for the 77 kWh purchased I guess. Thus the long, slow process of the solar paying for itself kicks into gear! I assume the rest of us with solar PV systems are seeing equal lovely numbers?
            Do you have a battery with your solar setup?

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post

Do you have a battery with your solar setup?
              No, didn't make economic sense to get a battery at the present time (what with the relatively high feed in tariff rates at present), would add many, many years to the set up paying for itself. But we did get a hybrid inverter that can handle a battery added to the system, in case the battery prices come down in the future - which is totally possible. But even still, right now we're generating such a big amount of excess energy, we'd still be sending most of it to the grid, battery or not. I'd love to be able to sell directly to my neighbours or something

Comment

No, didn't make economic sense to get a battery at the present time (what with the relatively high feed in tariff rates at present), would add many, many years to the set up paying for itself. But we did get a hybrid inverter that can handle a battery added to the system, in case the battery prices come down in the future - which is totally possible. But even still, right now we're generating such a big amount of excess energy, we'd still be sending most of it to the grid, battery or not. I'd love to be able to sell directly to my neighbours or something
                Unless you have an electric car to charge batteries probably definitely in the nice to have category.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                  This seems like it could blow up into a major story if it turns out to be true. He claims everyone across the healthcare system has access to a person's full medical history across all departments with no access restrictions.
                  HSE worker here. Wouldn't be the case in my department.
                  Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post

"Pat's Bar and Field Surgery"

Comment

Yeah asked Mrs D3 and she said same.

Although they cunningly prevent digital access by mainly having paper files.

Comment

Back in Tallaght A&E, not me but stuck with aul lad.

Some great running commentary from the yokels.

"Are u not too bleedin fat to be a nurse"

"I need pills ya fat cunt"

Proceeds to attempt a swing at the nurse but goes tits over arse.

They have some patience

Comment

Speaking of Tallaght, and best wishes to your dad Dice, but has anyone ever ventured out to Anu's Kitchen out there?

Has some rather spectacular-sounding Nigerian dishes including things like Egusi Soup with Swallow, Dodo Gizzard, and Efo Riro.

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post

Unless you have an electric car to charge batteries probably definitely in the nice to have category.
                            I actually have an electric car as of last summer, but it's a work one and they charge it for me at the office, which is a nice perk obv. Would love to get a 2nd EV as a run-around for my wife, but there's no value there either, the second-hand electric market is nuts at present. Will be different in a few years hopefully with a shit-ton of four or five year old Teslas on the market.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                              Back in Tallaght A&E, not me but stuck with aul lad.

Some great running commentary from the yokels.

"Are u not too bleedin fat to be a nurse"

"I need pills ya fat cunt"

Proceeds to attempt a swing at the nurse but goes tits over arse.

They have some patience
                              Puntastic

Comment

Speaking of Tallaght, and best wishes to your dad Dice, but has anyone ever ventured out to Anu's Kitchen out there?

Has some rather spectacular-sounding Nigerian dishes including things like Egusi Soup with Swallow, Dodo Gizzard, and Efo Riro.
                                that name sounds shit

Comment

How else do you get that Egusi soup down.
                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

So, this is probably a stupid question but at certain times of the year do you have 0 bills? Barring SC and PSO levy?

Comment

Wait, are they back from extinction?!
                                      ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post

So, this is probably a stupid question but at certain times of the year do you have 0 bills? Barring SC and PSO levy?
                                        yeah, essentially no bills Apr-Oct, apart from the SC (think PSO is gone now?). Its a complete no-brainer providing your roof is oriented south. Return is about 20-25% a year.

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post

Wait, are they back from extinction?!
                                          Not if Anu has anything to do with it

Comment

Had lunch in Bhonn Space today in Blackrock Market, something that's turning into a regular weekly pattern. Its the pop-up run by the Liath (of 2-Michelin star fame) crowd. Different menu items every week depending on what the chefs decide is a fun thing to do. They do the prep in the Liath kitchen, then do minor finishes - grill, fry etc - when you order. All with the street food theme. Usually costing around €12. Its genuinely ridiculous how good it usually is.

Very experimental. Like last week, one of the chef's had just come back from a culinary tour of Japan and made a staff meal of okonomiyaki (Japanese savoury pancakes with noodles) and the staff loved it so they popped that on the menu for the week. Today was some sort of beef brisket on focaccia. All made by themselves and the type of stuff that dreams are made of. If you are ever in the area around 12:30, before the big lunch rush happens, you'll spend the rest of the day reminiscing on the event. Jesus that brisket today was next level, and the way the sauce soaked into the focaccia.

Comment

Just back from Ranelagh (buying a used consaw off adverts) and thought the exact opposite. Talent was excellent.

I'm sure the hawt Spanish young wans would think the same about a flabby middle aged balding man strutting his stuff down the street.

Sorry never met you IRL so all of the above could be totally wrong. Although I'm fairly sure at least middle aged thing is right...you've a girl doing the LC.
                                              I can confirm that Ranelagh is indeed a hot bed for hot talent all year round but especially on sunny days.

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                              Also; WTF is a consaw and are they popular yokes in Ranelagh? Does Lao own one?
                                              No consaw yet but if/when this house sale goes through, I will most likely need one

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

I can confirm that Ranelagh is indeed a hot bed for hot talent all year round but especially on sunny days.

No consaw yet but if/when this house sale goes through, I will most likely need one
                                                A house in Ranelagh! Fancy

the old smuggling business must be going great guns (pun intended)

Comment

I actually have an electric car as of last summer, but it's a work one and they charge it for me at the office, which is a nice perk obv. Would love to get a 2nd EV as a run-around for my wife, but there's no value there either, the second-hand electric market is nuts at present. Will be different in a few years hopefully with a shit-ton of four or five year old Teslas on the market.
                                                  The new Chinese cars coming here should hopefully make things a bit more affordable. They use a cobalt ion battery (I think) instead of lithium ion, which is much cheaper. Range is lower, but for what you are describing as a runaround it sounds perfect. Brand new ones are a fair bit cheaper than the existing cars on the market I think, but you'll obviously be giving all your data to Xi. Hitch approves though.

Comment

I had pints of plain in the sun outside the Parliament Street Porterhouse for lunch. Not experimental, but enjoyable nonetheless.
                                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                      I had pints of plain in the sun outside the Parliament Street Porterhouse for lunch. Not experimental, but enjoyable nonetheless.
                                                      When things go wrong and will not come right,
                                                      Though you do the best you can,
                                                      When life looks black as the hour of night –
                                                      A pint of plain is your only man.

When money’s tight and hard to get
                                                      And your horse has also ran,
                                                      When all you have is a heap of debt –

When health is bad and your heart feels strange,
                                                      And your face is pale and wan,
                                                      When doctors say you need a change,

When food is scarce and your larder bare
                                                      And no rashers grease your pan,
                                                      When hunger grows as your meals are rare –

In time of trouble and lousey strife,
                                                      You have still got a darlint plan
                                                      You still can turn to a brighter life –

Comment

In terms of solar, our next door neighbours got them installed a couple of months back. I'll get the details from them early next year after 12 months of it to see how it worked out for them. We have an East/West orientation, so it means panels on the front and back for optimum effect.

Comment

I'm trying to turn a single oz of 24ct into cash but I don't know where to get the market price for it. A company called Goldcore are apparently the only buyers in Ireland who offer a fair price but they say their minimum purchase is 10 oz.
                                                          Seemingly in the past all the small trades were done with UK bullion dealers who pay spot price -3% but that is yet another thing that's been fucked by brexit. Looks like my only option is to get a UK resident to trade with a UK based bullion dealer

Anyone know any better options?

Edit: Refined my google foo to remove all the cash for gold chancers and found a crowd called merrion gold who look like they do what I want will be interesting to see how much more margin they want over the UK dealers.
                                                          Last edited by Strewelpeter; 26-05-23, 17:19.
                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

yeah, essentially no bills Apr-Oct, apart from the SC (think PSO is gone now?). Its a complete no-brainer providing your roof is oriented south. Return is about 20-25% a year.
                                                            I presume theres a set price per kWh that they pay?
                                                            pity you can't send them an invoice regretting to inform them of your price increase due to continuing volatility in the dodo gizzard market!

​​​​The PSO levy is actually now a rebate due to the massive increases in energy costs. For domestic supply i think it's something like €7 PM ​​​or so expressed as a minus on your bill.
                                                            That was from Oct 1st last year so will be reviewed again by the regulator in a few months

For business the rebate was €25 per month up to 35KVA and more again over 35KVAs.
                                                            Last edited by dinekes; 26-05-23, 18:00.

Comment

25 * 16 y/o having a party here this evening. May God help us.

Comment

Already committed my first faux pas of the evening.

"there's some guy at the door"
                                                                "eh Dad, that's a girl"

Comment

Already committed my first faux pas of the evening.

"there's some guy at the door"
                                                                  "eh Dad, that's a girl"

How many ‘They’s’ are there?

I’m at over 4

Comment

Meh, they're all out in the garden playing with the dog. Not much difference from ten years ago.

Comment

Wanted to share this story on here, easier to link the tweet..

lol Kev..

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

A week on Leinster loss still providing daily moments of joy- todays was listening to Gerry Thornley on second captains.

such a beautiful event, 17-0 up in front of friends, family and the self appointed cream of Dublin society and they shit the bed in front of the lot and pop a years worth of hype and blow what a bunch of people including on here had down as a checklist on Irelands procession to the WC.

fucking beautiful
                                                                        Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

there may be trouble ahead but once there's , England and Scotland Wales and France . Lets face da musik and dance .

Happy Frida Mystery Boy

Comment

We were so poor we were dressed from the Army Surplus Shop. I alone stood as the last Japanese General on our road.

Konnichi Wha?

Comment

Just discovered that my nearest chipper closes at 11pm. Like WTF kind of way is that to sell junk that you need to be drunk to want.

The Rachmaninoff at the NCH was excellent though.
                                                                              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Gay got the cooler bike.
                                                                                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                                                                This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Pints this evening in The Hill, which out of the half dozen pubs in Ranelagh, would generally have the lowest number of hot females and even that was off the charts with nubile ladies. People strewn all over the place inside and out and by 10pm, everyone was hammered.

I got full on chatted up by three Scottish women, whose average age was 62 and I'm probably being kind there. Still got it...

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                                    there may be trouble ahead but once there's , England and Scotland Wales and France . Lets face da musik and dance .

Happy Frida Mystery Boy
                                                                                    Warms my heart knowing how many KPMG et Al employees were at that game, probably in the corporate boxes , with the chests out at 17-0 , and then mildly miffed at full time, because even to the guys that follow it doesn’t really matter ,actually executing doesn’t matter
                                                                                    Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Pints this evening in The Hill, which out of the half dozen pubs in Ranelagh, would generally have the lowest number of hot females and even that was off the charts with nubile ladies. People strewn all over the place inside and out and by 10pm, everyone was hammered.

I got full on chatted up by three Scottish women, whose average age was 62 and I'm probably being kind there. Still got it...
                                                                                      Never lost it Lao. It's the beard.

Comment

Party was over by 1am, house tidy, no damage.

This generation is different.

Comment

It is amazing how this really has been the first full-on digital war.

I wonder what the equivalent of this would have looked like on 5-June 1944?

Comment

Dortmund currently bottling the German title

Comment

Scenes at the giro

Roglic 3/1 this morning to make up the 26 seconds he needs to catch Geraint Thomas had just gone fav having made up 16 sec at halfway , when he drives straight into a pothole and had to change bikes.

Comment

Amazing ride by Roglic, still snatched the stage and there pink jersey to win the tour.

Comment

See photo below. This is a space I managed to acquire during the house rejigging. Basically under the stairs (understairs toilet to left of it, gable wall exterior to right).

It's approx 70cm wide and 135cm high. 150cm depth.

I would like to turn it into a proper little wine cave. Anyone got any smart ideas? (alternatively I could just crawl into it and drink wine while avoiding my family)

20230527_164759.jpg

Comment

Is any of that for ageing? Kind of looks like the back wall is your only option for storage as it would be too tight to fill out either the left or right wall (at least it looks like that from the pic) You could buy a nice cabinet and put it against the back wall. Elitefridges.co.uk have a heap of stuff that might suit and look smart.

Comment

I was literally just looking at options like this IMG_1547.jpeg you should have included it as part of your reform, would barely have added €30k or so to it
                                                                                                      Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

See photo below. This is a space I managed to acquire during the house rejigging. Basically under the stairs (understairs toilet to left of it, gable wall exterior to right).

It's approx 70cm wide and 135cm high. 150cm depth.

I would like to turn it into a proper little wine cave. Anyone got any smart ideas? (alternatively I could just crawl into it and drink wine while avoiding my family)

20230527_164759.jpg
                                                                                                        A wine drawer unit might work well there at the front so you don't have to bend. Stock with your favourites and the space behind for storage.

Comment

Save 4k and get this for 26.

Comment

We need to automate and get an AI powered robot sommelier that will also allow for maximum wine volume per m³.
                                                                                                            I mean, do you really want to have to pick your own wine out like a schmuck?

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                              Amazing ride by Roglic, still snatched the stage and there pink jersey to win the tour.
                                                                                                              To win the stage by 40 seconds after a mechanical was just incredible

Comment

Munster gonna Munster

Comment

Yeah asked Mrs D3 and she said same.

Although they cunningly prevent digital access by mainly having paper files.
                                                                                                                  He removed the post the day after posting it. The account though is a few years old and has thousands of posts in or around Irish topics and has a huge amount of karma points which usually indicates a decent posting history without trolling. Pretty weird and not sure why he took to posting lies about such a specific topic.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                    Munster gonna Munster
                                                                                                                    Never in doubt
                                                                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by limpwhacker View Post
                                                                                                                      To win the stage by 40 seconds after a mechanical was just incredible
                                                                                                                      I was hoping Geraint would win it but the 3/1 about Roglic today was an absolute steal. Looking at yesterday's finish I'm convinced that Roglic was toying with him and planned not to show how strong he was into today.

​​​

Comment

I see that Conlon lad is fighting in the boxing on the tv there. Stats came up and it seems im over 2 stone heavier than both boxers combined.

Stupid game

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                                          I see that Conlon lad is fighting in the boxing on the tv there. Stats came up and it seems im over 2 stone heavier than both boxers combined.

Stupid game
                                                                                                                          Girl at work going on mat leave and I am older than her and the baby daddy combined.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X