Dice is the clear winner?
              "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

So close to a new pair of runners there
                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Finland fucking robbed.
                  Too much on tieing Johnny Logan and Ireland
                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Benny send on deets . Would have liked a sweat but my music. was just too good goddamit

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

Dice is the clear winner?
                      How? Am I not clued in to the rules?

Is it not the combined lowest score?

Comment

... Well lads, that's that ... Dice wins competition 1 with 110 points and in truth it wasn't close... Benny kicks ass with 100 for competition 2- 8 points ahead of denag ... Mad how his top seed won it for him, but that's the beauty of having the U.K.

... Hope yas enjoyed the sweat - really hope I haven't ruined future runnings of this event for AJ ,

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

How? Am I not clued in to the rules?

Is it not the combined lowest score?
                          only the two lowest.

Comment

ty luckforsome!!

Comment

jaysus these home votes are mad
                              Jury vote is media and music biz insiders

Public vote is the gays spending the price of a holiday televoting
                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                ... Well lads, that's that ... Dice wins competition 1 with 110 points and in truth it wasn't close... Benny kicks ass with 100 for competition 2- 8 points ahead of denag ... Mad how his top seed won it for him, but that's the beauty of having the U.K.

... Hope yas enjoyed the sweat - really hope I haven't ruined future runnings of this event for AJ ,
                                Cheers for running luckforsome and hard luck to my doughty opponents. God save the UK.

I can be got on revolute - 08x xxx xx xx

Will donate the money on behalf of IPB to my young fella's school for musical instruments.
                                Last edited by DeadParrot; 13-05-23, 23:31.

Comment

only the two lowest.
                                  Ah, I was wondering what Degag meant by saying France being good was irrelevant.

I'll be better prepped next year.

Comment

Apparently I'm paying out on me and the missus. So pm with deets PayPal or revolut.
                                    Benny, probably not the best idea in the world to share your mobile number on a public forum.
                                    Editing now
                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

Portugal and aus top 10 singles too
                                      Motherfucker.
                                      Heavy on oz paid out tho

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                        Apparently I'm paying out on me and the missus. So pm with deets PayPal or revolut.
                                        Benny, probably not the best idea in the world to share your mobile number on a public forum.
                                        Editing now
                                        Cheers DP. My number has been pretty public for 15 years so I never really think twice about ... but you're right, it's probably not that appropriate now a days.

I'll check my notifications. Ship the victory scratch so 8-y-o kids can batter bongos!
                                        Last edited by BennyHiFi; 13-05-23, 23:44.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

You just don't *get* Eurovision.
                                          We are seriously debating family holiday to Sweden for next year.
                                          Just need to debate kid suitable aspect.
                                          Going without her seems kinda wrong

Comment

Good craic on bbc2 btw

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post

Cheers DP. My number has been pretty public for 15 years so I never really think twice about ... but you're right, it's probably not that appropriate now a days.

I'll check my notifications. Ship the victory scratch so 8-y-o kids can batter bongos!
                                              Well done young man
                                              send on ur number and I will Revolut to u

Comment

Cheers Liam, superbly ran. I'll be the last to transfer to g2 winner, back vvlate tomorrow night.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                  Cheers Liam, superbly ran. I'll be the last to transfer to g2 winner, back vvlate tomorrow night.
                                                  Lena represented Germany at the 2010 Eurovision Song Contest in Oslo. She won the contest with the song Satellite

Comment

Ship, shall invest winnings on a golf punt next weekend at PGA. PM for revolut if u dont have it already

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

it was 15 cents a vote, and you could vote up to 20 times. let me know where i can get a 3 quid holiday!!

Comment

Cheers for running luckforsome and hard luck to my doughty opponents. God save the UK.

I can be got on revolute - 08x xxx xx xx

Will donate the money on behalf of IPB to my young fella's school for musical instruments.
                                                        PM Mr BHFI ?

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

it was 15 cents a vote, and you could vote up to 20 times. let me know where i can get a 3 quid holiday!!
                                                          The Jacks in the George.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                            Ship, shall invest winnings on a golf punt next weekend at PGA. PM for revolut if u dont have it already
                                                            punting Scott EW as long as he hit a good final round today.

Comment

Benny, have you got Revolut? I shipped to you last night but it's now saying pending, and offering me a link to share.

Comment

15c a vote is very good value, I'd presumed it was your standard phone line gouging.

DP's right I just don't get it. 99.78% of the music is ghastly, I spent the evening listening listening to Aida from the Met and then tuned in for the voting which is the best part.

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Benny, have you got Revolut? I shipped to you last night but it's now saying pending, and offering me a link to share.
                                                                  I do. I just saw it there 'pending' but when I went to accept it was cancelled If you want to try again I'll check back in later to accept it. Cheers

Comment

I sent €25 to a name I have saved as 'Dice' on my phone. No idea how I got that number though. Must've been from a previous competition or something. Hopefully it's all good
                                                                    ​​​​​​

Comment

i don't seem to have your details dice so let me know

cheers

Comment

I do. I just saw it there 'pending' but when I went to accept it was cancelled If you want to try again I'll check back in later to accept it. Cheers
                                                                        Send on your number pls. Well done

Comment

Keeps cancelling the transfer, says 'reverted'. Anyone know what the issue could be?

Comment

Yeah I am getting an alert that you’re sending it but when I click pending the error message says ‘you have insufficient funds to complete the transfer’ then another messages saying the transfer has been cancelled.

Busto?

Comment

Yeah I am getting an alert that you’re sending it but when I click pending the error message says ‘you have insufficient funds to complete the transfer’ then another messages saying the transfer has been cancelled.

Busto?
                                                                              Weird.

Pm your revolut @ and maybe I'll try that instead of the phone number. It was saying something about you not being in my contacts, even though I added you.

Comment

so son number 1 has got 3 offers from universities in the UK. all 3 are great and in the top 12 so very happy with that, and it's up to him now to get the grades (not done and dusted there yet), but as i told him to put Irish nationality on the applications, if he chooses Edinburgh, he gets Scottish rates which is 2.5k instead of the usual 9.5k for all other UK universities. we've told him we'll pay for it all if he goes there as total spend uni plus accomodation would be around 10k, and we'll cover that and the added bonus is that there are direct flights from Edinburgh to Geneva, so he can come and visit as much as he wants very easily, whereas the others would be train ride, plus bus/tube/whatever, which would make the trip a bit of an expedition every time.

if he chooses elsewhere, he can get a student loan to cover a portion of the 18k bill at least (just so he can start having a bit of financial responsibility, even though we'll pay it off at a later date, but he doesn't need to know that just yet).

seems like a no brainer to me anyway, but he hasn't decided yet, as one of the other unis has possibly 2 of his best friends going there, so that's weighting heavily on the scales.

we shall see!

Comment

just to add that he's also applied to one of the top 2 universities in Switzerland (you have to speak German for the top one which he doesn't), who've basically said "we'll see once you get your results", which is a positive in itself, and that one costs the same as Edinburgh and he'd only be 100kms from us so could come home every weekend, so that would be awesome too!

sadly the one thing he's not good at is making choices!!! gonna be tough!

Comment

I don't say it out loud but would love if our eldest (assuming she performs in the Leaving, which is definitely not a given) moved away from Dublin for her university education. Always regretted not doing it myself and I think it's great in terms of independence and turning you into an adult.
                                                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                      I don't say it out loud but would love if our eldest (assuming she performs in the Leaving, which is definitely not a given) moved away from Dublin for her university education. Always regretted not doing it myself and I think it's great in terms of independence and turning you into an adult.
                                                                                      The youngest in our family was the 1st to go to college. Moved to Cork and initially came home at weekends. Then that became more sporadic. Then she moved in with housemates she got along with and eventually got a very good job, on good money in the city. Now she's living there in an apartment with her boyfriend. Not sure where she'll end up but pretty sure she won't ever move back to our locality.

She was part of the reason that gave me the push to college. And agree wholeheartedly with you about it making someone more mature and becoming an adult.

He's a Dub tho, so can't win em all i guess.

Comment

€25 sent to luckbox Dice

Comment

Since 11 fucking am, being trying to get wife and child #1 to agree on designs for new wardrobes so I can get them lined up.

You would swear we were designing the Sydney Opera House. Think I'll go out for a few hours before I get irredeemably tilted.

Comment

Weird.

Pm your revolut @ and maybe I'll try that instead of the phone number. It was saying something about you not being in my contacts, even though I added you.
                                                                                            Went to accept it again Laz but same error messages.

Comment

I went to DCU which was a 20 minute walk from home and I turned out fine, except that I still go to DCU and it's still a 20 minute walk from home.

Comment

Stump up for accommodationand let her get PT job for food & beer money?
                                                                                                Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Any of the Dutch universities are the nut best choice (assuming the candidate in question isn't knocking on the door of the likes of Oxford, Cambridge, or Edinburgh). Amsterdam, Utrecht both top 100 unis, brilliant education, simple to get home to Dub, costs almost nothing. We're a while away from it, but I'd be pushing the kids towards maybe Trinity first just out of handiness and not really wanting to 'lose' them, then either Amsterdam/Utrecht. Wouldn't be bothering with the other Irish unis. Wouldn't be bothered with the UK ones either aside from the top top ones. They could obv go to the French unis, but those are complete basketcases.

Comment

Any of the Dutch universities are the nut best choice (assuming the candidate in question isn't knocking on the door of the likes of Oxford, Cambridge, or Edinburgh). Amsterdam, Utrecht both top 100 unis, brilliant education, simple to get home to Dub, costs almost nothing. We're a while away from it, but I'd be pushing the kids towards maybe Trinity first just out of handiness and not really wanting to 'lose' them, then either Amsterdam/Utrecht. Wouldn't be bothering with the other Irish unis. Wouldn't be bothered with the UK ones either aside from the top top ones. They could obv go to the French unis, but those are complete basketcases.
                                                                                                    that's really interesting. i've always found the UK system amazing compared to the French one *(which is crap other than the few "grandes ecoles" which are just horrendously pretentious unis) and always regretted not studying here, but truth be told, i have little knowledge of the rest of Europe. i looked into Switzerland as we'll be there so it makes sense, and as i said the top 2 are phenomenal in his field of engineering so if it's an option for him, why not.

what's so great about Holland universities out of curiosity?

btw Edinburgh is great but i'm not sure it should be included in your cambridge or oxford mention there.

Comment

definitely. both our kids will be going far from us for uni, but not so far away that they can't fly/drive in and see us whenever they want. i left home at 18 to go to uni and never returned home after that. kind of expecting the same (although it doesn't mean they can't stop off at some stage and stay a few months in between uni/work/jobs/whatever).

Comment

Love these types of stories: https://www.irishtimes.com/crime-law...le-over-field/

Copied below for anyone without access.

SPOILER
                                                                                                        Judge refuses to allow man bring fresh case against brother after 10-year legal battle over field

A judge has refused to allow a man pursue a fresh case against his brother with whom he has been locked in a bitter legal battle for more than a decade over ownership of a 4.5 acre field.

The dispute between Joseph and Thomas Slattery concerns a 4.5 acre field in Lahinch and the protracted litigation since 2012 has incurred “extraordinary” legal costs compared with the value of the land, the High Court previously noted.

Joseph Slattery, representing himself, was made subject last July to an order preventing him initiating fresh litigation against his brother Thomas unless he had court permission.

He applied last month to the Court of Appeal (CoA) for permission to bring an application seeking, inter alia, a miscarriage of justice certificate.

In a judgment published on Friday, Mr Justice Senan Allen refused permission on the basis the intended proceedings were vexatious and an abuse of court process.

Joseph was essentially trying to reopen the issue of ownership of the land, which issue was decided against him in 2014 and had been dealt with by 14 judges, the judge noted.

The litigation began in 2012 when Thomas Slattery took Circuit Court proceedings alleging trespass by Joseph on the lands.

Thomas said the lands were transferred to him by their parents, Matthew and Anne, via a deed dated December 1981. After their mother, the last surviving parent, died in December 2010, Thomas was registered as full owner of the disputed land.

In opposing the trespass claim, Joseph counterclaimed he was the legal owner of the lands.

The Circuit Court found in favour of Thomas, restrained trespass by Joseph and dismissed the counterclaim. Joseph lost appeals against that decision to the High Court and Court of Appeal.

Further Circuit Court proceedings by Joseph seeking rectification of the title to the land to reflect his claim were struck out on the basis the ownership issue had been already determined.

In the interim, Thomas had in separate proceedings secured an order restraining Joseph trespassing on a 0.2 acre sliver of land adjoining the main field, which had previously been part of the west Clare railway line.

After Joseph lost a High Court appeal against that order in 2016, he took fresh High Court proceedings arguing he was the rightful owner of the land.

Thomas got those struck out on the basis the ownership issue had already been decided and was also granted what is known as an Isaac Wunder order, restraining further litigation by his brother without leave of the court. Joseph lost an appeal against those orders to the Court of Appeal in 2019 and the Supreme Court refused to hear a further appeal.

In March 2020 Joseph sought to raise issues in the High Court but that court refused in July 2021 to make orders sought by him.

Joseph then appealed to the CoA, which dismissed the appeal. After saying the matter “must come to an end”, the CoA granted Thomas’s application to expand the Isaac Wunder order to prevent his brother initiating any further proceedings in the Circuit Court, High Court, CoA and Supreme Court, against Thomas and specified State parties unless he had leave of the court to do so.

Refusing permission for the latest action, Mr Justice Allen said Joseph Slattery was “plainly” trying to reopen the issue of ownership of the property which had been decided against him in May 2014.

The judge concurred with the CoA judgment of July 2022 finding against Joseph and with what had been “repeatedly said” by 14 other judges on the matter. The question of ownership of the lands was conclusively determined by the High Court in May 2014, which made orders permanently injuncting Joseph trespassing on the lands, he said.

On foot of those and other findings, he refused permission to bring the action.

Comment

Since 11 fucking am, being trying to get wife and child #1 to agree on designs for new wardrobes so I can get them lined up.

You would swear we were designing the Sydney Opera House. Think I'll go out for a few hours before I get irredeemably tilted.
                                                                                                          Still going. How is this even humanly possible?

It's a box to put clothes in FFS.

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post

Stump up for accommodationand let her get PT job for food & beer money?
                                                                                                            Sure.

Although it might be academic (boom, boom) as I will probably murder her today due to her inability to choose a wardrobe.

Comment

that's really interesting. i've always found the UK system amazing compared to the French one *(which is crap other than the few "grandes ecoles" which are just horrendously pretentious unis) and always regretted not studying here, but truth be told, i have little knowledge of the rest of Europe. i looked into Switzerland as we'll be there so it makes sense, and as i said the top 2 are phenomenal in his field of engineering so if it's an option for him, why not.

what's so great about Holland universities out of curiosity?

btw Edinburgh is great but i'm not sure it should be included in your cambridge or oxford mention there.
                                                                                                              Edinburgh is 29th best in the world - its definitely up there!

Ah - with the Dutch ones, its that they are so highly ranked and they are free and they are taught through English.

World rankings:

Wageningen: 59th
                                                                                                              Amsterdam: 60th
                                                                                                              Utrecht: 66th
                                                                                                              Groningen: 75th
                                                                                                              Leiden: 77th
                                                                                                              Rotterdam: 80th

Thats just mad rankings. They also accept you based on a simple passing BAC, so they don't have the mad competitiveness to get into. You are getting an education, including the reputation, worth maybe €200-300k and its free - its the bargain of a lifetime. Plus the education seems to be brilliant - as in, they put excellent effort into designing and delivering courses. Loads of teaching assistants to make sure noone falls behind, and also allowing loads of small classes, tonnes of extra resources to help.

Trinity, despite being a slightly lower ranking would still count very highly imo, just because it is such a globally well known uni and that counts a lot for a first high-quality position. But the quality of Irish education is nowhere near as good as the average Dutch education. Maybe a ranking of Amsterdam-Trinity-Utrecht, if we count the global rep of Trinity as compensating for the general poor education in Irish unis. I think its the same in UK unis as Ireland, on average, where the focus and rewards of academics is for research not teaching, although the UK is a bit ahead as they have teaching-only profs, who are rewarded purely based on teaching excellence and innovation while we don't have that in Ireland.

Comment

University rankings can get in the bin. Heading to a thing in TU Eindhoven next week..similar area of research to us and embarrassingly better in every way.

Comment

@Hitch: You might enjoy this. He's correct about almost everything: https://link.springer.com/chapter/10...-319-00026-8_3

Comment

Still going. How is this even humanly possible?

It's a box to put clothes in FFS.
                                                                                                                    You're right there Ted
                                                                                                                    However I have just spent an hour or two tracking down a coolant leak just so I can tell the mechanic "got a coolant leak, might be a seal or a hose"

​​​​​​Checking out the various onboard features 1 hour.

At least 2 hours watching dent removal vids on YouTube.

And that's just today.

Love cars!

Plus
                                                                                                                    Women bond over wardrobes

Last edited by dinekes; 14-05-23, 21:16.

Comment

Doyle Brunson, RIP. A genuine poker legend.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                                        Doyle Brunson, RIP. A genuine poker legend.
                                                                                                                        Amazing he lived this long, given the amount of health issues down the years. Always seemed like a good combo of ruthless hustler and twinkly-eyed nice guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                                          money sent

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X