Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giving a very brief spin around the songs to see if there are any decent sounding ones to put a couple bets on at long odds..... alot of mediocrity (unsurprisingly), the croatian one is a bit mad though.

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
      7. Degag
      ...One spot remaining...
      MrsDP pls Poble
      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

Ha. Cheers. Yeah, maybe 16 hours a day for three weeks straight. Still nowhere, but less nowhere with it than I was three weeks ago.

The killer has not been the coding the apps in python, but the absolute monstrosity that is React coding as a frontend for showing the code to the user in a nice way. I've never encountered anything more infuriating. It just doesn't seem to make sense.
        I miss asp
        Having to convert some simple Webform apps into latest and greatest is driving me potty
        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post
          Giving a very brief spin around the songs to see if there are any decent sounding ones to put a couple bets on at long odds..... alot of mediocrity (unsurprisingly), the croatian one is a bit mad though.
          Aus, Finland, Germany, Austria, Sweden, Portugal
          All have my money

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
            clonabreany house is another one in meath.
            I wouldn't recommend the Milhouse anyway.

clonabreany Is under different management now, so may not be as good, but the wedding I was at there was easily the best meal and service at a wedding.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
              We went sale agreed on Tuesday. Booking deposit was paid Wednesday and surveyor is due in next week.

In typical estate agent fashion, we were told that the seller is a landlord getting out of the market and tenants had been given notice and would be out by middle of July, possible sooner - They told us this twice but didn't put it in writing.

After the booking deposit was paid, they confirmed in writing that the notice period for the tenants in situ to be out was the end of the 3rd week in August.

Not a major difference time wise for us but it's quite possible we'll be hit a half percent hike in interest rates in that additional time period where we won't be able to draw down the mortgage. Nothing we can do about it but a pain in the ass no less.

Fingers crossed the surveyors report doesn't throw up anything funky!

The thing I am looking forward to most is not having to go view houses tomorrow morning and every other Saturday morning.
              Word to the wise the interest rate would generally be locked in at the offer stage rather than dependent on draw down date.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

All have my money

Eurovision must confuse alot of Americans.

As Australia and Israel are Entrants.

& because the one with the most votes wins.

Comment

... Competition 1

1. Dobby
                  2. KK82
                  3. Dice75
                  4. Hitch
                  5. Shrapnel
                  6. Ionpaul
                  7. Deadparrot.
                  8. Oleras

... Competition 2 ...
                  1. Armanijeans
                  2. Balfejohn
                  3. Lazare
                  4. Solksjear
                  5. Benni hi-fi
                  6. Strewelpeter
                  7. Degag
                  ​8. MrsDeadparrot.

...Out at the moment will try do on my phone, if not will do as soon as I get home...

Comment

It seems the Irish Times got scammed into publishing AI-written clickbait: https://www.reddit.com/r/ireland/com...i_suggestions/
                    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

It seems the Irish Times got scammed into publishing AI-written clickbait: https://www.reddit.com/r/ireland/com...i_suggestions/
                      It's already hard to know how much content is AI generated in general. Couple of good articles from during the week, here and here.

Even on platforms like Reddit, it is now almost impossible to know if replies are bots.

Be cool in s small ecosystem like this to feed it all the BBVs as training data and observe its posts.

Comment

I am sure you have seen this Hitch? The Code Interpreter plugin which is getting loads of hype. It is still in a closed beta so hard to judge but it seems incredible.

Comment

Super result for Ben Healy winning today's stage in the Giro. He's the real deal this lad probably has what it takes to be a GC contender. We are going out next weekend to follow a stage that we were thinking would suit him, hopefully he'll be up front on the couple of climbs we are going to picnicking at.
                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

All Ireland champions, Kildare u20's are a right good team with a few lads looking like nice prospects for the long term.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

All have my money

i'm back on ukraine. at 11/1, it could happen exactly the same as last year

Comment

Strewelpeter how does that work “following a stage”? Always wondered about that. Do you park up on one place for the day or take roads around the route to see multiple pass bys?

Always wondered about that.
                                This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Hey Liam, you have to tell us our countries before the event (maybe I needed to give better instructions)

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                    Strewelpeter how does that work “following a stage”? Always wondered about that. Do you park up on one place for the day or take roads around the route to see multiple pass bys?

Always wondered about that.
                                    Not really, in the best you can do is catch them at two or maybe three spots depending on the course, you can drive but parking up and cycling is the way to go.
                                    What we've done a few times for tour of Lombardy or the big amateur race is cycle up to one of the climbs, have a picnic while we wait for them to pass on the way up and then cycle on to meet them on the road or on a climb on their way back.

This will be our first time to go to the Giro, No 1 Son's family have a house right at a prime site on a climb next Sunday morning so the plan is to drive up there early watch them pass then after a leisurely brunch we'll either cycle or hike across to another climb that is close to the business end of the stage. If Healy or Dunbar are in the break there they will hear us

Comment

FFS!
                                      offside at the kickoff

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

i'm back on ukraine. at 11/1, it could happen exactly the same as last year
                                        Yup, i’m on this.

Comment

That was a cracking Rugby match . Irish Rugby in great shape. Skillzzz

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                            Hey Liam, you have to tell us our countries before the event (maybe I needed to give better instructions)
                                            I reserve the right to declare all bets void at 20.01. (Depending on who i get)

Comment

Dice75 Norway Germany Switzerland
                                              Dobby Spain Australia Czech Republic
                                              Deadparrot. Israel Croatia Serbia
                                              KK82 Italy Poland Moldova
                                              Oleras Ukraine Slovenia Lithuania
                                              Hitch France Cyprus Portugal
                                              shrapnel United Kingdom Armenia Estonia
                                              Ionpaul Austria Belgium Albania

Comment

Armanijeans Austria Belgium Estonia
                                                Strewelpeter Israel Armenia Lithuania
                                                Degag Italy Slovenia Serbia
                                                Balfejohn Norway Australia Portugal
                                                MrsDeadparrot Spain Croatia Switzerland
                                                Benni hi-fi United Kingdom Poland Albania
                                                Laazare France Germany Moldova
                                                Solksjear Ukraine Cyprus Czech Republic

Comment

... wanted to keep you all in suspense ... Sorry took until now, little man decided to have a meltdown so couldn't get to my phone even...
                                                  Competitions done above, used random org... Screenshots attached...
                                                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post

I reserve the right to declare all bets void at 20.01. (Depending on who i get)

but a 300/1 and 500/1 shot

Comment

... Quick look... I reckon Hitch in the 1st comp and Lazare in the 2nd bases on odds...

Comment

Ah heyor! Getting Israel from the favs list is as good as a non runner wouldn't matter if it was the second coming of Johnny Logan and cleaned up in the jury votes they are guaranteed nul point in the public vote... unless RDIII is phreaking the phone vote

Comment

My Eurovision source tells me Croatia is the valooo @ 250/1

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                            Ah heyor! Getting Israel from the favs list is as good as a non runner wouldn't matter if it was the second coming of Johnny Logan and cleaned up in the jury votes they are guaranteed nul point in the public vote... unless RDIII is phreaking the phone vote
                                                            You are unhappy that you got the best pick of the 8?
                                                            Winner is based on doing badly.

Comment

Austria with awesome lyrics. "0.003 ugh"

Brilliant

Comment

Shit.

This French song is catchy.
                                                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Poland with a good effort this year

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                    Shit.

This French song is catchy.
                                                                    Irrelevant if your other 2 countries are shite?

Comment

Loving the Czechs!

Comment

Aussies bringing it. Proper anthem!

Comment

Banger

Comment

Wtf is the Tyrell Hatton look now de rigueur?

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                                                            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

That German singer could shag 5 wimmin at once .

Comment

Wtf is Croatia on?

Comment

Timed it perfectly. Bust the Bonnington for a min cash and just home for the voting. In with a shout with Australia, Spain and Czech surely.

Comment

Moldova and Germany were gloriously awful, wahoo. France gonna let me down though.

Comment

33/400 in the $109 8-game SCOOP...couple of key ones away from a shot at the big bucks. I'm sure I probably won some flips too but they don't count. Somehow ended up all-in with J72r in stud for fumes....not sure you could ask for much worse a spot!

Comment

Moldova and Germany were gloriously awful, wahoo. France gonna let me down though.
                                                                                        UK was god awful, so happy with that

Comment

Ukraine surely walking this

Comment

Wasn't it Ole last year with the smarts getting on Ukraine in February

Comment

Was definitely on quite early last year too

Out to 25/1 now so bookies really don't believe it's happening twice in a row

Comment

Finland for the win

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                                  I am sure you have seen this Hitch? The Code Interpreter plugin which is getting loads of hype. It is still in a closed beta so hard to judge but it seems incredible.

They're so unpredictable how they roll out these things. I was waiting a day for plugins access, for no apparent reason. Waiting a month for GPT-4 API - have originally proposed a ethics research project. Updated the application with the silly thing above about job specifications and they instantly issued access. Everyone seems highly bewildered how they are choosing what to give and not give to people.

Comment

voting is only starting now? class.

Comment

Ukraine surely walking this
                                                                                                      22s ftw

Comment

Latvian voting dude brought.it

Comment

Especially the girls and the gays

Comment

Jaysus I'm in good shape here

Comment

yikes, its not even close. hard to see how the public vote is going to go against Sweden given how popular she is

Comment

Portugal and aus top 10 singles too

Comment

yikes, its not even close. hard to see how the public vote is going to go against Sweden given how popular she is
                                                                                                                  Public vote will decimate them

Comment

Jaysus I'm in good shape here
                                                                                                                    Myself and Benny tying right now

Comment

Hard to call with the public vote.
                                                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Myself and Benny tying right now
                                                                                                                        Fuck you Iceman

Comment

Fucking BBV myself. Bleedin Norwegians too, 8 points for Moldova

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X