This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

Congrats . You must have been nervous if you pooped the question.

Knee liagment -poxy . Reignited an old shoulder injury thisxweek. Perfect timing , was planning my 1st golf games of 2023 next week. FFS
    Classic slip. Autocorrect out to get me.
    No nerves at all, no poop either.

As long as the knee does not need surgery. I’ll find a way to work around it. Surely magic healing drugs like in computer games are around the corner.

Comment

Got meself a zero blade fade at the barbers.

First time since I was a teenager.

Feel young again.

/midlifecrisis
      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Comment

Strong first few episodes of the new TV show Silo that just started on Apple TV.

Comment

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

It's easy to underestimate the bubble you're in. I was talking to someone - they were telling me about their work colleague who was using chatgpt 3 for real business cases. They (and the rest of the office) were dismayed and surprised that it created fake academic references recently.

???

I thought that was common knowledge for months, I think people realised quite quickly after it came out.

1% of people are worried that it will take over the world and 99% of people aren't following it at all.
              Last edited by Denny Crane; 06-05-23, 20:41.

Comment

AndyFatBastard must be loving all the Penny coverage today.
                ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Maximum respect to Liverpool fans for booing God save the king today
                  seriously sickening to see the crawlers coming out from under their stones in Ireland but they’ll always be with us I suppose.
                  Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

filedata/fetch?id=1734665&d=1683409539&type=thumb
                    Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post
                    Maximum respect to Liverpool fans for booing God save the king today
                    seriously sickening to see the crawlers coming out from under their stones in Ireland but they’ll always be with us I suppose.
                    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                      AndyFatBastard must be loving all the Penny coverage today.
                      They really have gone off on one about her, very strange altogether.

Comment

Comment

How much did Balaji give this girl to ask this question?

Comment

That twitter account is one of the worst on fintwit, constant doom clickbait and illiterate finance takes, quite a few people have been threatening to report her for using CFA in her title

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                              That twitter account is one of the worst on fintwit, constant doom clickbait and illiterate finance takes, quite a few people have been threatening to report her for using CFA in her title
                              The video has nothing to do with her though. She has retweeted it from CNBC who are taking a segment from the summit. It was actually Balaji retweet of it I mean to post and ended up posting hers instead. The point being she has nothing to do with any of the content.

tbh the crazy part for me is how seriously Buffet seemed to engage with the question.

Comment

A mate sent me his wedding list from his wedding last year. Venue, bands, the shit you might forget. I haven’t even started and my head is melted. This will be a pain in the ass to organise from here.

Agreed to ditch the church instantly, screw what the oldies care. But probably limits venue options.
                                Any recommendations for venues in the Meath/Louth/Border area. I only know mate’s weddings I’ve been to.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                  A mate sent me his wedding list from his wedding last year. Venue, bands, the shit you might forget. I haven’t even started and my head is melted. This will be a pain in the ass to organise from here.

Agreed to ditch the church instantly, screw what the oldies care. But probably limits venue options.
                                  Any recommendations for venues in the Meath/Louth/Border area. I only know mate’s weddings I’ve been to.
                                  Tankardstown House. Bellinter House. The Station House Hotel. Ballymagarvey Village.

They're all top class venues. Ballymagarvey the pick of the bunch. It has lots of accommodation on site and you just hire the entire venue for a day so you have all your guests and events on site. We looked at it when we were organising and it was just amazing up there.

Comment

AI not organizing weddings yet ?

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post

The video has nothing to do with her though. She has retweeted it from CNBC who are taking a segment from the summit. It was actually Balaji retweet of it I mean to post and ended up posting hers instead. The point being she has nothing to do with any of the content.

tbh the crazy part for me is how seriously Buffet seemed to engage with the question.
                                      Ah yeah sorry, I wasn't responding to the video, I was just triggered by the account!

Buffet has been warning about the increase in debt do GDP in the US for a long time, he said something very similar here:

Debt to GDP in the US then was about 80%, now it's over 120% - https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/GFDEGDQ188S

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

Castle Leslie in Monaghan was another one we looked at and liked a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post

Tankardstown House. Bellinter House. The Station House Hotel. Ballymagarvey Village.

They're all top class venues. Ballymagarvey the pick of the bunch. It has lots of accommodation on site and you just hire the entire venue for a day so you have all your guests and events on site. We looked at it when we were organising and it was just amazing up there.
                                          Agreed on Ballymagarvey (off to my 2nd wedding there in June)
                                          His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

all knowing IPB - wexford town Thurs and Fridays - any decent late entertaining evening Spots?

Comment

clonabreany house is another one in meath.

Comment

Oh yeah Ballymagarvey is great. After the meal I was tempted to try and fish out my envelope and put more cash in.

Comment

Irish car dealerships don't appear to be remotly interested in fooking selling cars
                                                  Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

all knowing IPB - wexford town Thurs and Fridays - any decent late entertaining evening Spots?
                                                    Sky and the Ground probably the right pub for you.
                                                    Alas Finkles 147 club is no more.
                                                    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Sky and the Ground probably the right pub for you.
                                                      Alas Finkles 147 club is no more.
                                                      Googled it. Looks good thanks . Might suss out some snooker too for the lols .

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                        Don't be passing off my 2015 takes as your own.
                                                        Hardly poem worthy either. 1 Wombat out of 5.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                          Irish car dealerships don't appear to be remotly interested in fooking selling cars
                                                          Is this the joke ?

Comment

AI not organizing weddings yet ?
                                                            No idea. I’m sure it could plan out all the bits and pieces better than I could (in truth the missus excels here). But the real issue is that venues don’t seem to be remotely interested in handing over costs/availability etc.

Comment

Having given the kids a sermon on responsible digital usage on Saturday, they made the fair point that 'you're always on your phone'.

So now we find ourselves in a competitive race to be the most comprehensively de-digitalised member of the family at next Saturday's check-in.

11 mins yesterday. Although obviously cheating by typing this on the laptop.
                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Cheer Dobby. Exactly what I’m looking for planning/guest experience as were basically going to have to pull the trigger without seeing the venue in person.
                                                                Tankardstown was on the list, crossed it off but can’t remember why.

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                clonabreany house is another one in meath.
                                                                Thanks. Was groomsman there two years ago. W it’ll have same lads at my table so probably need to switch it up. Agree it’s class, and exactly what I have in mind with the old buildings and separate bar.
                                                                Haven’t nailed down a budget yet. And no idea what to expect to pay per head tbh. But starting to suspect a kick in the bollox is incoming.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                  Friend of mine has a deposit down on 7 individual Teslas.
                                                                  ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Lost a Drimnagh man. Sean Keane of the Chieftains RIP.

Comment

Going to a wedding soon where it's going to high stress for the people involved. Two years in the planning. It's about 1/10 that a poor member of staff is going to get it in the neck when something goes wrong (which is inevitable given the number of moving parts). Far too much expectations for a day that will be over in a blink of an eye.

I'd want something at the other end of the scale. Low stress, just focused on good time, no worries about party favours or flower stands.

More like a one day music festival than hotel wedding.

Big tent, music, few kegs and bain maries, no rigid schedule.

Probably would need to be in the grounds of some house rather than a wedding venue.

Comment

Going to a wedding soon where it's going to high stress for the people involved. Two years in the planning. It's about 1/10 that a poor member of staff is going to get it in the neck when something goes wrong (which is inevitable given the number of moving parts). Far too much expectations for a day that will be over in a blink of an eye.

I'd want something at the other end of the scale. Low stress, just focused on good time, no worries about party favours or flower stands.

More like a one day music festival than hotel wedding.

Big tent, music, few kegs and bain maries, no rigid schedule.

Probably would need to be in the grounds of some house rather than a wedding venue.
                                                                        Any married man would quickly tell you that your opinion is completely irrelevant when it comes to wedding planning. You might be allowed to book the band, if you're lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Any married man would quickly tell you that your opinion is completely irrelevant when it comes to wedding planning. You might be allowed to book the band, if you're lucky.
                                                                          Ah no, we're aligned on this.

Comment

Ah no, we're aligned on this.
                                                                            So you are being allowed to believe.

Comment

So you are being allowed to believe.
                                                                              I wasn't the instigator.

Comment

Next Music King is up:

P1 Went down a real rabbit hole on this one and ended up on an old favourite from Curtis Mayfield's cracking soundtrack for Superfly. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgIVWnBb8r8 Townes Van Zandt's first few albums are crammed with incredible tunes. This one always sticks out lyrically https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

Comment

I wasn't the instigator.
                                                                                  Whilst my wedding was in Clonabreaney and i didn't have a say in too much like most(Was great). I was at a wedding that sounds like you have in mind. It was in on the grounds of where Knockanstockan festival used to be in Lacken, Blessington Lakes. They were an odd couple. Two stoners. Half the wedding was baked on the day but a nice venue and a much different affair to what i was accustomed to.

Comment

Do what I did Denny, get married on a beach and only tell your Ma about it that morning.

Comment

We'll be avoiding all over-the-top notions when the time comes. And tbf it's each to their own, we've just no interest in a big ceremony or inviting 200+ people. For bureaucracy reasons, it'll be in Brazil and we'll do the paperwork over there in advance in a registry office. Then simply rent a nice space that does events/parties. No major ceremonies etc, just bbq, drinks, music and dancing if that floats your boat. A small number of immediate family and handful of friends. Looking likely that the Olympics will end up as our honeymoon.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post

Whilst my wedding was in Clonabreaney and i didn't have a say in too much like most(Was great). I was at a wedding that sounds like you have in mind. It was in on the grounds of where Knockanstockan festival used to be in Lacken, Blessington Lakes. They were an odd couple. Two stoners. Half the wedding was baked on the day but a nice venue and a much different affair to what i was accustomed to.
                                                                                        Oh yeah I know that spot well. I think I saw photos of someone getting married there a few years ago. Something to look into.

Comment

On a boat in the Baltic sea . The band was friends and us . Shipped the entourage over . 2010 - half of the 80/100 guests are dead now . not that long ago.

Comment

On a boat in the Baltic sea . The band was friends and us . Shipped the entourage over . 2010 - half of the 80/100 guests are dead now . not that long ago.
                                                                                            That's what you get for hiring a leaky boat

Comment

Nearly finished with the logistics for the RWC odyssey. 4 months to go as of today.

As it stands, we're looking at 6 flights, 11 nights accomodation (in decent places - bedroom each etc), 7 long distance trains and all the pool match tickets coming in at just under 2k each.

I'm sure we'll more than double that in eating\drinking but still good work imo.

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post

That's what you get for hiring a leaky boat
                                                                                                Steerage .

From asbestos to brain tumors , cancers, etc a catalogue of diasters . We called it the Love boat originally but its got a new name now.

Comment

Genuinely feels like we're about to have four seasons in one day.
                                                                                                  ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Was actually warm in the sun today, definitely the feeling of a summer sun. The heavy jackets and jumpers are all stowed away, let the warm season begin oh weather gods!

Comment

Lost a Drimnagh man. Sean Keane of the Chieftains RIP.
                                                                                                      Great fiddler and an absolute gent, met him a few times over the years, he's a relation of my wife, last time was just a few months ago and I noticed how much he had aged. Even though he'd always been very fresh looking I was surprised he was only 76 I'd thought he was well into his 80's.

This is a very good short film about him from the Irish Traditional Music Archive

Comment

Nearly finished with the logistics for the RWC odyssey. 4 months to go as of today.

As it stands, we're looking at 6 flights, 11 nights accomodation (in decent places - bedroom each etc), 7 long distance trains and all the pool match tickets coming in at just under 2k each.

I'm sure we'll more than double that in eating\drinking but still good work imo.
                                                                                                        No 1 Son had lined up tickets for Scotland game but No2 prospective son in law went and further blotted his already heavily stained copybook by organising to marry No 2 daughter on that day...FFS

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

No 1 Son had lined up tickets for Scotland game but No2 prospective son in law went and further blotted his already heavily stained copybook by organising to marry No 2 daughter on that day...FFS
                                                                                                          Sure, that'll be a non-event after we trounce SA in the previous game. No harm done, keep your powder dry for the knockout phases.

Comment

Genuinely feels like we're about to have four seasons in one day.
                                                                                                            The thunder and lightening now seems like enough to cause power cuts.
                                                                                                            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

The thunder and lightening now seems like enough to cause power cuts.
                                                                                                              Witnessed a really close up one. Closest I can remember.

Looking out the bedroom window and it seemed to be right above. Massive flash then deafening thunder.

Magical.

Comment

filedata/fetch?id=1734728&d=1683584724&type=thumb
                                                                                                                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                                                                                                This gallery has 1 photos.
                                                                                                                Last edited by Solksjaer!; 08-05-23, 22:27.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Is that his fault?

My personal memory of wedding planning is that I was only asked for an opinion
                                                                                                                  after the decision had been irrevocably taken
                                                                                                                  and my role was to rubber stamp said decision.

Comment

Next music king up:

Tough genre- blues wouldn’t necessarily be heavy on my rotation - lots of blues rock and other stuff inspired by blues but decided I’d stick to the real deal for this- came across this and it blew away a lot of what I had been considering- just the raw talent on display here - such a riff https://youtu.be/K_DOnKJ232M

Yesterday's round is still open:

P1 Went down a real rabbit hole on this one and ended up on an old favourite from Curtis Mayfield's cracking soundtrack for Superfly. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgIVWnBb8r8 Townes Van Zandt's first few albums are crammed with incredible tunes. This one always sticks out lyrically https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

Comment

Not too forget the group exit strategy when you run into bunny boiler stalker types

Comment

I see Christy Smith passed . Irish poker legend and Fitz chipstack demolition expert. Nice man , he smiled innocently as he contrived to destroy your ambitions at the apparent 'soft' table.
                                                                                                                        Last edited by Solksjaer!; 09-05-23, 10:25.

Comment

I see Christy Smith passed . Irish poker legend and Fitz chipstack demolition expert. Nice man , he smiled innocently as he contrived to destroy your ambitions at the apparent 'soft' table.
                                                                                                                          Nice man alright. For some reason I had it in my head that he passed years ago. I'd say if I was to go back 20 years when I started playing poker there would be a long list of people who were regulars then who aren't around today, I can think of a lot off the top of my head even.

If I went back playing, I'd be the old guy now probably.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X