X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dinekes View Post

I presume they didn't give it you for the €43 given the CE
    That's the thing, they weren't going to but I when I took one off the rack marked 48 it scanned as 43, the supervisor wasn't even a bit embarrassed.
    exact same product, two different barcodes
    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Good ted talks on the use of AI as a personal tutor for kids. I still can't get over one of the examples he gives of how a student used it. They were studying a certain book and asked the AI to be a character in the book so they could ask him questions.

Sal Khan, founder of Khan Academy, says AI is about to start the biggest transformation in the history of education by making something previously only available to the rich - high quality personalized tuition - free to everyone on the planet.
      Last edited by Opr; 03-05-23, 19:05.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

That's the thing, they weren't going to but I when I took one off the rack marked 48 it scanned as 43, the supervisor wasn't even a bit embarrassed.
        exact same product, two different barcodes
        I definitely need to get a brain scan!..your post couldn't be clearer and somehow I misinterpreted it as being 2 products that were just different brand names.

​​​​​​

Comment

Watched Boiling Point film there ....really enjoyed it.
          one of those continuous take films set in a restaurant.

Comment

yeah, its fantastic. For a similar vibe check out a prayer before dawn.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

yeah, its fantastic. For a similar vibe check out a prayer before dawn.
              Saw it a few years back ...very good film

Comment

for another kitchen vibe, i thought the series the bear was very good

Comment

Is The Menu worth a look?
                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Whats the website for creating images based on text? Is it a variant of Chat GPT?

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

i personally really enjoyed most of it. i know a lot of people hated it though. marmite kind of film

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

i personally really enjoyed most of it. i know a lot of people hated it though. marmite kind of film
                        a Tuesday film?

I will give it a go, I like the premise.

Comment

ha, the above reminded me we have a guy in the office who fancies himself as a real ladies man - claims to be out on dates pretty much every night of the week. He referred to one of his harem recently as a 'midweek option'.

Wasn't sure whether to pretend to be appalled or just to laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
                            Whats the website for creating images based on text? Is it a variant of Chat GPT?
                            It is not a variant of ChatGPT. Midjourney is the one I was posting images from and you use it via a Discord server. Just search a video on youtube and it will show you how to sign up and use it.

ChatGPT (OpenAI) version is called Dall-E. I think it is ways behind MJ hence why it isn't as popular. There are other open source ones but they are harder to use and a little behind MJ.

Comment

I loved it, but as above I could imagine a lot of people wouldn't. It's nothing like as good as boiling point, very different films.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
                                Midjourney is the most popular, openai have a version called DallE which isn't as good. There's also an open source version called stable diffusion which is very good but not super user friendly. They are all based on the same architecture but are slightly different and have been trained differently.

Comment

Haven't seen it

Comment

ha, the above reminded me we have a guy in the office who fancies himself as a real ladies man - claims to be out on dates pretty much every night of the week. He referred to one of his harem recently as a 'midweek option'.

Wasn't sure whether to pretend to be appalled or just to laugh.
                                    Probably an Andrew Tate follower who hadn't got his hole in years

Comment

Hopefully nearing the end of the rate-tightening with today's increase although inflation is still refusing to lay down and die.

Comment

Hopefully nearing the end of the rate-tightening with today's increase although inflation is still refusing to lay down and die.
                                        Another .25 increase as was expected.
                                        Labour market is still strong though so wage inflation not helping matters.

​​​​​​

Comment

Probably an Andrew Tate follower who hadn't got his hole in years
                                          Thats marriage for ya.

Comment

So with this new information to hand that raising the rates didnt reverse inflation they will reverse the decision ?
                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

So with this new information to hand that raising the rates didnt reverse inflation they will reverse the decision ?
                                              On the contrary, inflation is receding worldwide

However, although it's receding it's still way above central banks 2% target.

Comment

Looks like Covid school days have had a serious impact! Comfortably the worst set of 1st year exams I've ever seen, by some margin.

Comment

Yeah, exactly. It's not that inflation isn't reducing, it's more that it's not reducing enough.

It's a real balancing act but the Central Banks nearly all have 'price stability' as their #1 goal, so that's what they focus on. And rightly so.

Comment

Enjoyed Hunger on Netflix. Boiling point far superior though. Avoided the menu due to a review I read but looked to be right up my street so might give it a spin.
                                                    His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

I can see that.
                                                      I thought it was fantastic
                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Thanks to Oleras for some solid advice about getting tickets and avoiding scams, of which there are many for Bruce, we are going to see him on Sunday. Hup. This place strikes again with sound people on board.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                          Looks like Covid school days have had a serious impact! Comfortably the worst set of 1st year exams I've ever seen, by some margin.
                                                          What do you put it down to,
                                                          Never having done pressurized exams before, or the 'fake' points attributed to them allowing them into courses maybe a bit too strenuous for them?
                                                          I acknowledge points does not equal course toughness all the time.
                                                          ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post

Never having done pressurized exams before, or the 'fake' points attributed to them allowing them into courses maybe a bit too strenuous for them?
                                                            How are the group's movements now?

Comment

How are the group's movements now?
                                                              We've gone our seperate ways for now. (Could be interpreted as a pun)
                                                              However, anecdotally I found the excess jámon intake a natural immodium.
                                                              That and gallons of Ron con especias.
                                                              Last edited by Micknail; 05-05-23, 16:00.
                                                              ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Im no big Ed Sheeran fan but that court case was a joke. Right result .

Comment

A quite amazing memo was leaked from google about AI - https://www.semianalysis.com/p/googl...at-and-neither

It does quite a good job of summarising what I've said here a few times, AI at this point is basically a democratic movement, it's available to all. The open source models, which are open to anyone with an internet connection are fractionally behind the leading edge big tech models,

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post

Lack of foundation work in maths I'd say.

Comment

On the subject of tickets. Scouting for a couple of tickets for Blur in Malahide Castle if anyone has any spares going.
                                                                      His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

I've no idea...Project Maths, 2-3 fucked up years in school...TikTok?

Comment

Officially finished college, just have to collect the degree lol. 3 years done and done. 2 years teacher training to go. Never thought I'd see the day I'd go to college tbh. We've come a long way since dropping out at 16.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                            On the subject of tickets. Scouting for a couple of tickets for Blur in Malahide Castle if anyone has any spares going.
                                                                            Gold circle tickets on TM for €97 plus fees.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                              Officially finished college, just have to collect the degree lol. 3 years done and done. 2 years teacher training to go. Never thought I'd see the day I'd go to college tbh. We've come a long way since dropping out at 16.
                                                                              Amazing achievement, well done.

Comment

Looking for 2 myself, hoping that more will go on toutless closer to the time

Comment

God oh... sure I remember it was just like yesterday when you started. You're growing up fast!

Seriously though, great achievement, well done. The world needs more people like you.

Comment

Watched The Menu. Thought it was pretty good (7.5/10).

Won't be going near any high-concept restaurants for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post

Looking for 2 myself, hoping that more will go on toutless closer to the time
                                                                                      Yeah that’s what I’m thinking too (1st dibs on IPB tout less)

Comment

Great achievement Dobby. Delighted for you. You doing primary or secondary teaching.

Comment

Amazing achievement, well done.
                                                                                          Cheers m8.

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post

God oh... sure I remember it was just like yesterday when you started. You're growing up fast!

Seriously though, great achievement, well done. The world needs more people like you.
                                                                                          Yeah, some days it felt like it would never end. Almost didn't go back this year. Really hated the on campus experience but plodded through. Had a good class which helped.

Seems it went quite quickly now it's over.

Comment

Great achievement Dobby. Delighted for you. You doing primary or secondary teaching.
                                                                                            Secondary. Hoping to bink a PME spot in trinity, will find out in a few weeks and have a school lined up already to start in September.

Comment

Full Confidence Man show from London last tour now available on YouTube. if you know, you know...

Comment

Gold circle tickets on TM for €97 plus fees.
                                                                                                Only 1 available (might dump my Mrs)

Mrs dumped - So give me Coffee and TV

cheers Dobby
                                                                                                Last edited by elbows; 05-05-23, 20:32.

Comment

Connacht supremacy

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                                    Connacht supremacy
                                                                                                    And the Sunday Times sacked that massive gobshite, Neil Francis. For making shit up.

Good rugby day all round.

Comment

Really?! I was on only complaining to someone this year how terrible his articles are. God knows why they hired him, must have been cheap and a result of budget cuts. Totally clueless, as well as objectively wrong often.

Comment

Well done Mr Dobbs . Get up and go is good to see - brave man taking on the teens .

When is the Coronation?

Comment

Dangerous pavements,
                                                                                                          But I face the ice this year
                                                                                                          With my father's stick.

Nice sentiment elegantly expressed

Purchased that the other day for the brother.

Comment

Felt and heard a loud pop from my knee the other night at the gym. At thins stage I’m 80% sure it’s a torn ligament. MRI request sent.

Curious timing too, as only two weeks ago I got down on one need and pooped the question when I was back in Ireland. Officially engaged.

Now I’m not saying for sure getting down on one knee was a contributing factor in the knee injury, but I’m not ruling it out.

Comment

We did a 10 course tasting in The Old Couch Cafe this week. I’ve wanted to do it for a while now; Seasonal menu and it can be quite unusual, the current menu is more accessible so finally had someone to go with.

It seems to fly under the radar a bit but very enjoyable overall, I’d highly recommend a visit.

Comment

Comment

Aw this GOT me

Decades ago, in the final verse of his most beloved hit, The Wreck of the Edmond Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot depicted a solemn scene at Mariners’ Church of Detroit: "The church bell chimed 'til it rang 29 times / For each man on the Edmund Fitzgerald.” who perished. Well they ring it every year to commemorate the 29. This week it rang 30 times . One more person to remember. Gordon Lightfoot. Love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                                    Felt and heard a loud pop from my knee the other night at the gym. At thins stage I’m 80% sure it’s a torn ligament. MRI request sent.

Curious timing too, as only two weeks ago I got down on one need and pooped the question when I was back in Ireland. Officially engaged.

Now I’m not saying for sure getting down on one knee was a contributing factor in the knee injury, but I’m not ruling it out.
                                                                                                                    Congrats . You must have been nervous if you pooped the question.

Knee liagment -poxy . Reignited an old shoulder injury thisxweek. Perfect timing , was planning my 1st golf games of 2023 next week. FFS

Comment

Happy Coronation Day SP et al

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                        Why is the guy setting fire to a mil?
                                                                                                                        Already paid the milly out. He recently outlined why he did it.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                          Was about to post that up. Cracking tale.
                                                                                                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X