This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
    Hey. I have a thought. Think it would be cool to learn to sing a song - like just a single song, no particular song in mind - would that be the type of thing you could hire a singing instructor for, or they'd waste your time with all types of introductory stuff ala Phoebe before getting on to the singing?

Gudjaysus

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

Gudjaysus
      enough with the blaspheming - how do I make this happen?
      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Anyone ever been to the Japanese cake place in Stephen's Green? TraditionalAsianCakes. Reviews of it are ridic good.

Comment

Just sing
          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Chatbot yoke said LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

It's a similar shtick to Dennis Pennis and yes, 5 mins is probably perfect.
              No.
              Pennis was funny and the celebs he cornered were not in on the joke, that are here.
              Cunk was a decent 5 minute joke but dragging it out to multi series 30 minute show is an absolute waste of the considerable talents involved with it
              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post

Just sing
                I'm not going to make it in the biz by winging it.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                  The person who drew this with a pencil gives me a grester feeling of inadequacy than AI.
                  Look s nothing like you

Comment

We all live in a yellow submarine, a yellow submarine a yellow submarine

I bet you're humming it now

Comment

Do you not already have a song that you know the tune of and 80% of the lyrics, that you wheel out whenever required at a party/wedding/stag/family occasion?
                      This is something that just about everyone in Ireland has (without the need of a singing instructor, fk me).
                      edit : Mine is American Pie, don't hate me people. I usually get stopped by popular demand after the 2nd verse.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

Do you not already have a song that you know the tune of and 80% of the lyrics, that you wheel out whenever required at a party/wedding/stag/family occasion?
                        This is something that just about everyone in Ireland has (without the need of a singing instructor, fk me).
                        edit : Mine is American Pie, don't hate me people. I usually get stopped by popular demand after the 2nd verse.
                        No! This was the actual reason. Just wanting that one song that could, if necessary, be dragged out. But why not do it properly and keep a singing instructor in a job by paying for a few hours.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                          Looking for recommendations; we are on the lookout for some art to brighten our walls, decent-sized pieces that are more abstract in nature. Something like this (family have bought from this artist before, we're waiting on more from her at present but nothing currently available). Hoping to spend anything up to €500 per piece. Any recommendations would be most gratefully received!

Late to this but you could check out Kevin Sharkey or Alice Fitzgerald - both very different but both abstract

Comment

I wonder could you also generate some interesting ideas on MidJourney and get them printed. The wife did that for her bosses' leaving present as they knew there was two types of things she liked, but couldn't find a picture that blended the two.

Edit: with apologies to laz

Comment

Off to see him tomorrow, got my tickets in 2019…

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post

Off to see him tomorrow, got my tickets in 2019…
                                Same here.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                    The Aul Switcharoo Thanks for the RCD shout. Got sorted this morning.

Bookings were broken until about 9:20. Thankfully i didn't give up. Playing the Fourball with the old man on Tuesday. Bucket list stuff.

Still some availability through the week. https://visitors.brsgolf.com/mourne#/open-competitions
                                    Nice one. When you get there, there are 2 clubhouses. The main one and the Mourne GC one where you check in- close but kind of a different car park. The range is about a 10 min walk and is free range balls from what I remember.

Chipping putting green is beside the 1st and you could literally stay there all day. Load of humps and hollows to go over and backstops
                                    Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

No! This was the actual reason. Just wanting that one song that could, if necessary, be dragged out. But why not do it properly and keep a singing instructor in a job by paying for a few hours.
                                      Its a very good place to Start.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

Mine is Summer Wind. Had to do it as a party piece at the Xmas party as it was tradition for all new starters in my current place. Not awful.

Attempted to sing He Ain’t Heavy He’s my brother at his wedding afters. Awful

His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post

Mine is Summer Wind. Had to do it as a party piece at the Xmas party as it was tradition for all new starters in my current place. Not awful.

Attempted to sing He Ain’t Heavy He’s my brother at his wedding afters. Awful
                                          Summer Wind - Epic , good stuff . Not an easy one to carry off well. Hated the Julio Iglesias duet. Two amigos aaand the Summer Wind.

You are under selection now for any future sing songs .

Comment

The one that got me in mind of it was Spirit in the Sky. On a bit of a 70s thing on Spotify at the moment. And a few of the people I'm meeting in Beijing keep mentioning about going for 'drinks and karaoke'. Like grown adult men - actual honest-to-goodness finance professors - are saying that.
                                            Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 27-03-23, 14:36.

Comment

Okay, due to your positive validation I've sent a musical instructor called Francesco a request to start learning a few songs. If anyone else needs to be persuaded to do something against their will, its your go now. Francesco has many years of classical Italian music training so will presumably be delighted with the opportunity to spread his wings towards Spirit in the Sky.

Comment

The one that got me in mind of it was Spirit in the Sky. On a bit of a 70s thing on Spotify at the moment. And a few of the people I'm meeting in Beijing keep mentioning about going for 'drinks and karaoke'. Like grown adult men - actual honest-to-goodness finance professors - are saying that.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                  Perkins always always strikes me as the kinda guy that's bound to turn up embroiled in a scandal. He could have only made his money from inside trading or other nefarious avenues.
                                                  I never got that impression, but then SBF didn't ring any alarm bells with me, so what do I know!

Comment

Can't really imagine a world where I would ever want or have to sing.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                      Can't really imagine a world where I would ever want or have to sing.
                                                      Your karaoke performance is one of the foundational moments of this forum.

Comment

"will be horrible when AI takes over the creative arts" / "okay lets learn some creative arts" / "ain't nobody got time for dat" " / *AI smirks in the corner* "

Comment

I got tricked into watching The Town last night; painful.

Comment

Karioke is ruined when a decent singer takes the mic. It’s really for drunken Joe after a few bevs murdering Living on a Prayer cheered on by his supportive but privately delighted co workers who reckon under the deception of drink they could (ver mistakenly) make a decent stab at sweet child of mine and thus Joes chance of revenge smugness. When a good singer takes the mic all the drunken Joes mutter and sneak off for chips and a singlong with whoever in the chipper needs a backing singer. You and your Colleagues need to feck off with your lessons . Unless of course you can do a fair rendition of Summer Wind. Well then the floor is yours.

Comment

lol...good point. A lot has changed in those 12 odd years.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post

lol...good point. A lot has changed in those 12 odd years.
                                                                You're not caught in a trap anymore?

Comment

It really is!

If we had a sacred text of IPB, Zuut doing Elvis would be high on the list of Old Testament books. Our Conor and Sat Nav's catnapping would be up there too.
                                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Feck it got a facelift

3D598594-6858-4E6F-AF74-7121B65ABD8B.jpeg

B00AEAA9-4150-4E97-831E-C6CB47C9B749.jpeg
                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Jaysus that's some beating!

Comment

It really is!

If we had a sacred text of IPB, Zuut doing Elvis would be high on the list of Old Testament books. Our Conor and Sat Nav's catnapping would be up there too.
                                                                        New greatest hit just landed

Comment

I'm getting my questions in first:

What's the promise with something like a facelift - like do they tell you that you'll look ten years younger or something specific?

And ... does it 'expire', as in, does your body catch up eventually and you then need repair work.

Comment

Also. Would someone like Harrison Ford have had a facelift? He looks unseasonably good for a man of 80 years.

Comment

Whatever turns you on MSN, I hope you are happy with the outcome, sure you were already a fine looking young wan.
                                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                Whatever turns you on MSN, I hope you are happy with the outcome, sure you were already a fine looking young wan.
                                                                                This .

Comment

2,1,3

Comment

I'm getting my questions in first:

What's the promise with something like a facelift - like do they tell you that you'll look ten years younger or something specific?

And ... does it 'expire', as in, does your body catch up eventually and you then need repair work.
                                                                                    Should bring you back 7 to 12 year's younger. Lasts 10 to 12 years

Her sky-ness
                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Great to hear an actual atmosphere at an international sporting event in Landsdowne road- must be something to do with an actual sporting event that matters instead of a day out drinking for event junkies
                                                                                      Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

So basically you go back 12 years and then catch back up in 12?

In other news,
                                                                                        the clocks went forward this weekend.
                                                                                        That's a one hour face lift for free.

Comment

Some save by the froggie keeper at the end there.

I suppose Shraaaaap was due one after the thrashing we gave them in the rugby. WP.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                            No Helen Mirren though.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                                              The Aul Switcharoo Thanks for the RCD shout. Got sorted this morning.

Bookings were broken until about 9:20. Thankfully i didn't give up. Playing the Fourball with the old man on Tuesday. Bucket list stuff.

Still some availability through the week. https://visitors.brsgolf.com/mourne#/open-competitions
                                                                                              FFS- completely forgot about this

Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Some save by the froggie keeper at the end there.

I suppose Shraaaaap was due one after the thrashing we gave them in the rugby. WP.
                                                                                                He slightly mishits the header its a goal.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post

Should bring you back 7 to 12 year's younger. Lasts 10 to 12 years
                                                                                                  Thats not bad for a few weeks recovery!

Comment

Its always the catch really - you fix up the kitchen, you fix up the garden, you're wondering what to do next. The home improvements industry has a lot to answer for.

Comment

Kellie Harrington giving herself a beating on OTB. You'd wonder.
                                                                                                      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Its always the catch really - you fix up the kitchen, you fix up the garden, you're wondering what to do next. The home improvements industry has a lot to answer for.
                                                                                                        Genuinely wish property shows etc would be banned.
                                                                                                        pure shite that cause nothing but trouble for people who live in the real world.
                                                                                                        populated by absolute arses who are always able to pull out the extra tens of thousands the architects et Al conspire to conjure up during the show.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                                          Kellie Harrington giving herself a beating on OTB. You'd wonder.
                                                                                                          That was in October were now heading into April
                                                                                                          in fairness but of a soft target to go all tough guy on someone who gets belted in the head for a living.
                                                                                                          lads on OTB love the high horse but never turn down the few quid from paddy power etc.
                                                                                                          Last edited by MysteryGuest; 27-03-23, 22:41.

Comment

Do they just punch you straight in the mush and throw a strap around your chin? Id have done that for free.

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post

Genuinely wish property shows etc would be banned.
                                                                                                              pure shite that cause nothing but trouble for people who live in the real world.
                                                                                                              populated by absolute arses who are always able to pull out the extra tens of thousands the architects et Al conspire to conjure up during the show.
                                                                                                              Dermot Bannon’s was a complete joke for a couple of years going up to 2x the apparent original budget quite often.
                                                                                                              TBF, they appear to have taken some of that feedback onboard and at least they’re more transparent on the budget.
                                                                                                              Almost 200k for a <400sqft extension this year did seem pretty insane though.

Home of the year isn’t too bad in that regard, the multi-million euro mansions often make finals but don’t necessarily win.
                                                                                                              You can AirBnB one of my favs from it and the year that featured the winner was a pretty unique converted carriage house.

Comment

See a story where a school principal in Florida was ‘forced out’ for showing children pictures of Michelangelo’s David. Parents describing it as pornographic.

Some of them are probably pro-gun and have no problem with kids being shot in schools.

what a fucked up country
                                                                                                                Last edited by Degag; 28-03-23, 10:43.

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post
                                                                                                                  See a story where a school principal in Florida was ‘forced out’ for showing children pictures of Michelangelo’s David. Parents describing it as pornographic.

Some of them are probably pro-gun and have no problem with kids being shot in schools.

what a fucked up country
                                                                                                                  Much as I think the pro-gun lobby in the states are largely idiots, I don't think anyone them would say they have no problem with kids being shot in schools. They likely think more guns are the answer, but that's a different thing. They are mental in many ways, no need to make something up to make them sound more mental.

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post

what a fucked up country
                                                                                                                    His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post
                                                                                                                      Much as I think the pro-gun lobby in the states are largely idiots, I don't think anyone them would say they have no problem with kids being shot in schools. They likely think more guns are the answer, but that's a different thing. They are mental in many ways, no need to make something up to make them sound more mental.
                                                                                                                      I think that accurate sums up the approach to contrary views only. Reducing it to some ridiculous strawman is easy that making a logic argument or even trying to understand their position. I can’t imagine even the staunchest progun advocate being ok with children being murdered.

The gun control issue is a product of america’s insane history, impractical size, crime rate and legal system. There’s no shirt term solution imo.

Comment

Surely assault rifles are not justifiable

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post

I’d argue that by not doing anything with gun laws, aggressively defending their right to bear arms yada yada while seeing countless mass murders in schools, they are certainly paying little or no heed to it.

That’s akin to having no problem with it in my book.

making things up

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X