Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man, the poker sharps descend like vultures when they see something like the above. So Balaji initially was responding to this guy

He doesn't have the money for the bet so a few people suggested crowdfunding. Isaac Haxton slips straight in to ship him the monies for the bet

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
      That's awful early for another wire star. Was he not in something just recently?

https://news.sky.com/story/lance-red...ed-60-12836592
      He was in Bosch anyway which i watched recently enough. Dunno if it's an odd thing to say or not but he always seemed to be a guy who didn't age. Like he looked the same in Bosch/John Wick as he did in The Wire 20 years before.

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post

It's grand when theres a head on one side llike in the old days and everyone knew where they stood ...no confusion... but nowadays you could have a fucking mongoose on one side (sorry ..special needs goose) and a carefully hidden swastika on the other.

Gotta be clear about this stuff
        I'm always bemused in the SuperBowl when the ref says "Call Heads or Tails, remember Heads is the side of the commemorative coin with the SuperBowl LVI Logo, and Tails is the side with the two teams emblems overlaid over the official match-ball. Please now call Heads or Tails".
        Surely it would be simpler to say "Call Superbowl Logo or Team Emblems".

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
          White Hag bar in t2 has a huge screen
          That's in t1 unless they put in another one?

There was a tv in whatever the slaney bar is called now. The lounges will have it if you want to pay in. Alternatively find a quiet gate in t2 with a tv and it should be on, if not lift a courtesy phone and ask them to put it on.

Walking to t1 will have more options, the garden terrace will have it on, as will new Guinness bar. The gate bar by the 300 gates might have it too.

Oak bar should have it before security either.
          airport, lol

Comment

That Scottish pink is puketastic

Comment

Why is the guy setting fire to a mil?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                Why is the guy setting fire to a mil?
                My initial thought is does he think this might go viral and help pump the market? Even if it got it 100k and he has enough BTC it would make him $$$.

I think though he is just delusion about the topic and has been in BTC early which literally means he has money to burn if he wants.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                  That Scottish pink is puketastic
                  lilac shirley

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

lilac shirley
                    Lilac if you prefer, puketastic either way!

Comment

Italy just waste so many chances. Infuriating to watch

Comment

Ha, met English friend waiting for DART to Landsdowne. He admitted he'd settle for 'respectability'.
                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

England to get a yellow card at 4/5 seems like free money

Comment

Fucking Emirates won't open their bag drop until 5
                            all staff present and sitting twiddling their thumbs waiting for 5
                            ​​​​​​grrrrrr
                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Gone for vdf as 1st tryscorer

Comment

Farrell is a complete dickhead. Would love him on our side. .

Comment

Gone for vdf as 1st tryscorer
                                  UL great assist.

Comment

Can't understand them not going for a drop at the end of the half.
                                    must be the% play

Comment

That ruined a good contest. Real shame. Could easily have been viewed as a rugby incident and given a yellow

Comment

That ruined a good contest. Real shame. Could easily have been viewed as a rugby incident and given a yellow
                                        Tell me you're french without telling me you're french
                                        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

It seems that De Santis is going to have 'not currently in jail' in his favour in his race against Trump
                                          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

It seems that De Santis is going to have 'not currently in jail' in his favour in his race against Trump
                                            Saw that, trump is rallying the 'base' against his arrest this week??!!
                                            ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Trump amd Engerland are TOAST

Comment

#PrayForMysteryPSV

Comment

England to get a yellow card at 4/5 seems like free money
                                                  Never in doubt!

Comment

Comment

Cracking tune that

​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                        Fucking Emirates won't open their bag drop until 5
                                                        all staff present and sitting twiddling their thumbs waiting for 5
                                                        ​​​​​​grrrrrr
                                                        His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Shrinking just keeps getting nicer. Such a lovely show.

Comment

Calling Tar.Aldarion,

just wondering if you've seen Moby's doc on vegans and punk rock? He popped it up for free on YouTube last month.

Moby gets a pretty bad rap but I liked this a lot. Before he was a dance music billionaire he played in a two-bob punk band called the Vatican Commandos.

Maybe 'cos I like most of the bands and people featured (I was very close to the straight edge movement in my late teens) but damn, it'd make you feel bad about being a meat eater.

Comment

Bust 17th in that Irish Poker Tour 50 rebuy in the Green Isle.

Had jbravado on my table for a long time and was nice to catch up with him. Also had high stakes crusher LuckyMo 2 to my left which kept me in my box.

Fun event.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                It turned out to be pretty much that.
                                                                While we were waiting for the desks to open one of the check in agents was being her to people who were asking him when they were going to open because they wanted to see the match. I was first in the queue so when they did open I passed the first desk in order to avoid the dick. At the desk I went to the poxy printer broke printing my baggage tag and there was about 10 mins of nonsense while they had to fix the printer, take my bag out of the system and put it back in again.
                                                                Fully expecting it not to arrive with me.

Comment

Seats could have been another six inches to the right, kinda ruined the evening.

20230318_164845.jpg

Comment

Just to make the day even better, my vanquished foe in the toss-off was settling in to watch the game in The Oarsman and chatting to the barman. Who promptly gave him a ticket.
                                                                    And we bumped into the team outside the Shelbourne at 1am. They looked as though they had dined well. O'Mahony was not handing over the trophy to anyone.

Although just to prove that for every ying there is a yang, I now find myself in Finglas to watch my son play soccer. Not even the nice part of Finglas.

Comment

The one small caveat to the "it'll be grand" line (which is massive odds-on to be right), is that sometimes when the market is nervous it can latch on to bad news and make it worse than it is. But don't really get the impression thats the case this time.
                                                                      While this post wasn't in any way a prediction, we now have the effective collapse of Credit Suisse with a forced takeover by UBS. Still seems quite isolated, but this is hella more significant than just a regional US sector bank collapsing. Its still too hard to see how there could be significant contagion. Unless maybe companies start cutting jobs in huge numbers. But given the renewed growth of China as the main global growth contributor, its hard to see that happening. Temperature: very slight nervousness advisable, keep some cans of beans in reserve in the garage.

I guess the bigger risk is that something unknown also hits the markets. The covid impact, the energy/inflation impact, the big fall in stock prices last year, the added nervousness of the banking sector as a result of recent news - its too many bad events in a row - if something else of significance was to also hit then you'd have to assume that would surely cause a real recession, and maybe quite a big one.

My biggest market doubt - although I'm obv only an observer rather than a participant - is: where is future Western growth going to come from? We haven't got the demographics, and increasingly due to geopolitical messing we haven't got the markets to expand into.

Comment

I guess the bigger risk is that something unknown also hits the markets.

Do you mean something like the sudden loss of loads of jobs that no government is thinking about or planning towards?

The machine thinks it is coming for everyone!

Comment

I see Lex is doing a podcast with Sam Altman, the CEO of Open AI. I am really looking forward to this one. Lex is the perfect person to ask pertinent questions and Sam hasn't been backward about the looming threats that AI poses along with all the good it can do. Should be really interesting to hear him talk at length on the topic. It feels like the technology is moving at a breakneck pace in all areas and having someone who clearly understands its capability and impacts in both the short and long term should be super interesting to listen to.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post

Do you mean something like the sudden loss of loads of jobs that no government is thinking about or planning towards?

I'd say thats more a medium term risk than the type of risk that will short-term effect the market / employment. Although I can't see how most writing jobs will survive even past this year. On the other hand a lot of that list involves some interaction with numbers and graphics. Obv AI will catch up with those, but its just not there yet.

Comment

While this post wasn't in any way a prediction, we now have the effective collapse of Credit Suisse with a forced takeover by UBS. Still seems quite isolated, but this is hella more significant than just a regional US sector bank collapsing. Its still too hard to see how there could be significant contagion. Unless maybe companies start cutting jobs in huge numbers. But given the renewed growth of China as the main global growth contributor, its hard to see that happening. Temperature: very slight nervousness advisable, keep some cans of beans in reserve in the garage.

I guess the bigger risk is that something unknown also hits the markets. The covid impact, the energy/inflation impact, the big fall in stock prices last year, the added nervousness of the banking sector as a result of recent news - its too many bad events in a row - if something else of significance was to also hit then you'd have to assume that would surely cause a real recession, and maybe quite a big one.

My biggest market doubt - although I'm obv only an observer rather than a participant - is: where is future Western growth going to come from? We haven't got the demographics, and increasingly due to geopolitical messing we haven't got the markets to expand into.
                                                                              All the politicians are saying it’s grand- stop worrying so much they have it in hand

we all know what’s coming- just waiting now to see what pile of cobblers signed off by KPMG et Al is the one to really get the dominoes toppling
                                                                              Last edited by MysteryGuest; 19-03-23, 15:08.
                                                                              Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

AI good at bullshitting anyway
                                                                                Personal shoppers- lol FFS
                                                                                bank tellers- already pretty much gone? AI trying to take credit for other peoples work
                                                                                drivers- ipb said most drivers would be out of work by now a decade ago- hasn’t happened and won’t happen any time soon- just the cost and amount of resources required to upgrade commercial driving fleet will see to that
                                                                                Last edited by MysteryGuest; 19-03-23, 15:07.
                                                                                Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                  #PrayForMysteryPSV
                                                                                  Thanks- tough day but I’ve overcome grand slams before- really worried about October now

Comment

My cultural donations need to continue. I'm so fucked with work and this fucking Chinese exam on Saturday that I only really properly started studying for on Saturday. Would anyone like my - single - ticket (free) to The Hangman tomorrow. Think its 7:30pm in the Gaiety
                                                                                    Just have to report that I absolutely loved this. Was kind of expecting some even darker humour, but the actors were so good I really got lost in it for a while. The staff at the Gaiety impressed me too, in stopping people using their phones (the reverse of my last Abbey experience).
                                                                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Just have to report that I absolutely loved this. Was kind of expecting some even darker humour, but the actors were so good I really got lost in it for a while. The staff at the Gaiety impressed me too, in stopping people using their phones (the reverse of my last Abbey experience).
                                                                                      Great to hear this. We're going to see it in a couple of weeks and really looking forward to it.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post

Great to hear this. We're going to see it in a couple of weeks and really looking forward to it.
                                                                                        Going on Tuesday. Btw there's a production of The Cripple of Inishman on in The Mill in Dundrum this coming week for McDonagh fans.

Comment

I'd say thats more a medium term risk than the type of risk that will short-term effect the market / employment. Although I can't see how most writing jobs will survive even past this year. On the other hand a lot of that list involves some interaction with numbers and graphics. Obv AI will catch up with those, but its just not there yet.
                                                                                          How far advanced is the premium version if you could put a figure on it

Getting some use out of it over the past couple of days mucking about learning a bit of French. Have it providing phonetics and it does sound like real French.
                                                                                          ​​​​​​

Comment

Small life update for BBV as I know there is plenty of Kerry folk (was last I posted anyway).
                                                                                            Moved to Kerry during lockdown #1 due to rent in Dublin and nothing beautiful within my 5k.
                                                                                            First year in Tralee hiking as many mountains as possible and visiting as many beaches etc.
                                                                                            In Killanrey since and absolutely love it, will find it hard to ever leave (unless for work reasons I suppose, currently 90% remote).
                                                                                            Both fantastic towns in their own way, Tralee seems to get a lot of stick.
                                                                                            Great way of life, great people, great county, up the Kingdom.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                                              Small life update for BBV as I know there is plenty of Kerry folk (was last I posted anyway).
                                                                                              Moved to Kerry during lockdown #1 due to rent in Dublin and nothing beautiful within my 5k.
                                                                                              First year in Tralee hiking as many mountains as possible and visiting as many beaches etc.
                                                                                              In Killanrey since and absolutely love it, will find it hard to ever leave (unless for work reasons I suppose, currently 90% remote).
                                                                                              Both fantastic towns in their own way, Tralee seems to get a lot of stick.
                                                                                              Great way of life, great people, great county, up the Kingdom.
                                                                                              Living the dream.

where abouts in Killarney are you?

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

Going on Tuesday. Btw there's a production of The Cripple of Inishman on in The Mill in Dundrum this coming week for McDonagh fans.
                                                                                                We saw that in the Gaiety previously. Very enjoyable.

Comment

I see Lex is doing a podcast with Sam Altman, the CEO of Open AI. I am really looking forward to this one. Lex is the perfect person to ask pertinent questions and Sam hasn't been backward about the looming threats that AI poses along with all the good it can do. Should be really interesting to hear him talk at length on the topic. It feels like the technology is moving at a breakneck pace in all areas and having someone who clearly understands its capability and impacts in both the short and long term should be super interesting to listen to.
                                                                                                  Maybe I’m being unfair but having revisited a few podcasts from Lex recently, I just don’t get the appeal.

I recall the podcast he did with his dad a few years ago being interesting but I didn’t really enjoy some more recent ones.

I find it all very meandering and the 3-4hr format kind of unnecessary. I know that’s a style that people quite enjoy but I don’t really see what’s so appealing about him as a host.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post

Maybe I’m being unfair but having revisited a few podcasts from Lex recently, I just don’t get the appeal.

I recall the podcast he did with his dad a few years ago being interesting but I didn’t really enjoy some more recent ones.

I find it all very meandering and the 3-4hr format kind of unnecessary. I know that’s a style that people quite enjoy but I don’t really see what’s so appealing about him as a host.
                                                                                                    He's like the Ryan Turbridy of podcasting.

Comment

Don't know anything about the guy but I watched the one with Negreanu and wouldn't be in a rush to watch him interview anyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post

How far advanced is the premium version if you could put a figure on it

Getting some use out of it over the past couple of days mucking about learning a bit of French. Have it providing phonetics and it does sound like real French.
                                                                                                        ​​​​​​
                                                                                                        You get GPT4 with the premium version, and its faster. Its not a huge difference though. Unless you can write it off as a business expense maybe. I just use it a lot, so its well worth it.

Comment

Had a fucking moment yesterday. Was eating my chicken hot wings with the standard pot of blue cheese sauce. I've been eating chicken hot wings since Elephant and Castle first invented the idea of chickens having wings - maybe 20-30 years - so, almost professional. But for those 20-30 years it has always annoyed me that you dip the wing in the pot of blue cheese sauce and it only covers the end of the wing. So, really you are eating two different wings with each wing - the end bit with the sauce and the rest of the wing in its natural Franks hot sauce state. And then it occurred to me, and maybe its because I've been exercising so much recently that my mind has achieved peak clarity, that rather than dip the wing in the pot, I could tip the sauce from the pot onto the wing. Mind blown!

Comment

Looking a Putin walking around Ukraine today - he looks to be in perfect health, unlike the rumours at the beginning of the war. Him dying was probably the easiest route out of the war as the next person up could then blame him and use that as an excuse to end the war.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post

I think it was HJ who said in response to criticism of Rogan that listening to the podcast is more about the guest rather than the host and he just needs to be good enough to carry the conversation. I feel the same for all the different podcasts. If I listen to a podcast it is more about hearing the person on the podcast in a long-form conversation format. The different hosts all have strengths and weaknesses. Lex pulls in many of the tech/engineering/science people because he can talk on their level with proficiency and ease. I do think his interviews can be quite dull at times although I think he has gotten much better from the earlier interviews.

Generally, though the guest is doing most of the talking and I am listening to listen to them.

Comment

Star tacked new show from Apple coming next week called Extrapolations (Meryl Streep, Edward Norton, Eiza González, Forest Whitaker, Marion Cotillard, Kit Harington)

The first three episodes are out. Seemed an interesting idea to highlight climate change issues by depicting a future where the global temperature has risen. I haven't seen it yet but reviews are generally poor.

Comment

53 years late seeing this video for the first time

Comment

Has the site been upgraded ? I've got some far out groovy colours today.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                                                                                      53 years late seeing this video for the first time

I remember Elton signing this back in the 80s on the Des O'Connor show . Des singing the line 'I'm not one of those' and smirking at Elton . All very Frankie Howard but somewhat amusing - actually it was Bruce Forsyth

Last edited by Solksjaer!; 19-03-23, 20:35.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

I remember Elton signing this back in the 80s on the Des O'Connor show . Des singing the line 'I'm not one of those' and smirking at Elton . All very Frankie Howard but somewhat amusing - actually it was Bruce Forsyth
                                                                                                                          Ah, a proper old fashioned queer. Happy times

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X