This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

Here's a stick to beat the good lady with.
    "He was born and bred in Ireland Jack Duggan was his name"

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Hey Ed, we don't do a range of curtains ourselves but if you give Window Fashions in Terenure a call and tell them Conor from AFT put you in touch, that you're a friend of mine they'll look after you. They're the best around anyway I would say.
        Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post

What did you make of the IT expose on Corrigan's practices at The Park Cafe?
          I was a bit surprised to be honest. I obviously don't know him personally but I'd never heard of any stories about him and from what I had seen of him in the media, he came across as a decent person (not that that is proof of anything) plus the early reviews were all quite positive. There also doesn't seem to be any leaks of issues in Cavan or London.

That said, the sheer volume of complaints seem too much to be disgruntled workers and it seems like there was a big problem. That combined with the (what seemed like) very drunken late night bizarre tweets from Corrigan made him look like a bit of a cunt.

Maybe there was huge pressure in opening a new place and it all got the better of him and he reacted badly and regrets it but if that was the case, he clearly isn't man enough to come out and admit it.

I think he has damaged his reputation a bit but if the place can manage to keep banging out good food and put an end to the staff exodus, they might be able to turn it around over time.

What did you make of it?

Comment

Been busy looking for a new job but I may not have to if a few more of you would enter the

We're back for the Ninth installment of this popular franchise. SPOT PRIZE ALERT: There will be a free pony bet handed out to wager on days 2,3 and 4. This to be given to the player who has enlivened the comp the most on the previous day - ideally by posting high quality content in here but alternative submissions such as

His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

Thanks, I watched this. Great documentary, it's very moving.
                It was indeed.

This is good also.

On the Trail of the Fentanyl King

An Iraqi translator for the US military emigrated to Texas to start a new life. He ended up becoming one of the biggest drug dealers on the dark web.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

I was a bit surprised to be honest. I obviously don't know him personally but I'd never heard of any stories about him and from what I had seen of him in the media, he came across as a decent person (not that that is proof of anything) plus the early reviews were all quite positive. There also doesn't seem to be any leaks of issues in Cavan or London.

That said, the sheer volume of complaints seem too much to be disgruntled workers and it seems like there was a big problem. That combined with the (what seemed like) very drunken late night bizarre tweets from Corrigan made him look like a bit of a cunt.

Maybe there was huge pressure in opening a new place and it all got the better of him and he reacted badly and regrets it but if that was the case, he clearly isn't man enough to come out and admit it.

I think he has damaged his reputation a bit but if the place can manage to keep banging out good food and put an end to the staff exodus, they might be able to turn it around over time.

What did you make of it?
                  Pretty much this. I was surprised that someone as media savvy as him could have these allegations laid, seemingly quite legitimately, at his door.

Thought his PR team (ie. his daughter) did a very poor job (ie. naive job) in getting in front of it - she should have pushed him front and centre (and he should have been man enough to own it and not hid behind his son, the manager, and daughter) but the strategy they chose was relative silence bar a standard, and fairly salty, 'not true' statement.

I agree he'll probably survive and it's unlikely to do much long term damage but certainly will leave a bitter taste for plenty of people. Indeed I saw that within a couple of weeks he was already sniping about the media harassment on social media.

He should really shut up now and let his food do the talking and be sure to be less of a cunt.

Comment

By the by, Six by Nico was better than I expected. Food was good, service was enthusiastic and well versed in the dishes, surroundings were functional but buzzy enough on a Friday evening..

Sure it's 'fine dining 101' but for the price I had no complaints and learned a wee bit about Japanese food to boot.

Doubt I'd go for every menu but think I'd pick and choose the odd one that I think might surprise me.

Comment

With Wright, Shearer, Jenas, Richards, Chapman, Alex Scott announcing they won't be on MOTD this Saturday in solidarity with Lineker (even though it's universally acknowledged that he is an utter prick irl) it will be interesting to see who the scabs are who choose to be on it.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                        With Wright, Shearer, Jenas, Richards, Chapman, Alex Scott announcing they won't be on MOTD this Saturday in solidarity with Lineker (even though it's universally acknowledged that he is an utter prick irl) it will be interesting to see who the scabs are who choose to be on it.
                        Really? I don't follow too much about what he's about except when he hits the news. Tell us more!

Comment

They've already announced they'll just show the match highlights with nobody in the studio.

Commentators refusing to commentate on games too.

Last edited by dobby; 11-03-23, 01:01.

Comment

Ironically viewing figures will probably break records tonight.
                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

It was news to me that MOTD was still running. I thought Lineker had retired on the crisp money decades ago
                              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

By the by, Six by Nico was better than I expected. Food was good, service was enthusiastic and well versed in the dishes, surroundings were functional but buzzy enough on a Friday evening..

Sure it's 'fine dining 101' but for the price I had no complaints and learned a wee bit about Japanese food to boot.

Doubt I'd go for every menu but think I'd pick and choose the odd one that I think might surprise me.
                                happiness is reality minus expectations

We set you up well for it

Glad you enjoyed it. The people working there have always been great. I have had a few great dishes.

The last menu I had there I would have ranked as the worst, so I was al little sour on them.

Comment

Accrington Stanley have announced they will also not be appearing on MOTD tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                    Ironically viewing figures will probably break records tonight.
                                    You GAA heads need to stay out of this .

Comment

Alex Jones on Tim Dillon's pod.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

You buying this whiskey fueled shite ? So many obvious holes in it.

Comment

You buying this whiskey fueled shite ? So many obvious holes in it.
                                          Only half way through it. So no, not on his side at all though I do like to listen to people I disagree with.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                            Been busy looking for a new job but I may not have to if a few more of you would enter the

We're back for the Ninth installment of this popular franchise. SPOT PRIZE ALERT: There will be a free pony bet handed out to wager on days 2,3 and 4. This to be given to the player who has enlivened the comp the most on the previous day - ideally by posting high quality content in here but alternative submissions such as
                                            Confident vibes from our 2021 champignon.

Enter the IPB Cheltenham Tipping Comp and take him down a peg or three.
                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Really? I don't follow too much about what he's about except when he hits the news. Tell us more!
                                              It's not so much what he's about as what he's like as person. I can't give any specifics as I can't remember them, but over the years I've read numerous times on forums about what a horrible person he is in real life. Also a complete sex pest to women.

Iirc he was even kicked out of his golf club for being such a prick.

Comment

I'm surprised more celebrities aren't pricks.

Imagine being showered in endless adulation, goodwill, money, power, attention.

The average Joe turns into a megalomaniac when they get given a VIP wristband in a nightclub.

Comment

Disappointing that the focus has shifted from the UKs asylum policy to the BBC sanctioning Lineker. A good outcome would be that all MOTD fans, touched by what has happened, appreciate the point Lineker made on plans to stop migrants crossing the English Channel on small boats.
                                                  Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

The BBC line on impartiality being the core issue seems bizarre given he’s been running Goalhangar podcasts which has The Rest is Politics.
                                                    I haven’t listened much since Sunak took over but prior to that it quite often turned into a Boris & Truss bashing.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                      I'm surprised more celebrities aren't pricks.

Imagine being showered in endless adulation, goodwill, money, power, attention.

The average Joe turns into a megalomaniac when they get given a VIP wristband in a nightclub.
                                                      I think first class on an airline unleashes the inner egomaniac in us all.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

This was fucking hilarious:

334942157_148726424767678_5255246852384236608_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=a26aad&_nc_ohc=cHgYxisHau8AX8iEkn5&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=00_AfBf-nccnorLfYS06I4bCeOUqVX0vq5DU0HGloH0LFa2yw&oe=6410F5FF.jpg
                                                        "You know you’re growing up when you realize your parents are just people"
                                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Out to umpire a match starting in a few mins in the pelting rain. My comments of 'we could do with a drop of rain' last week clearly irked the weather gods.

Comment

I habe no idea who Alex Jones or Tim Dillon are?

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

I habe no idea who Alex Jones or Tim Dillon are?
                                                              Jeez Lao Lao, try keep up

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

I think first class on an airline unleashes the inner egomaniac in us all.
                                                                That they go on first is just marketing. Getting on last should be the perk.

But it's important that the plebs have to shuffle by the people in first. Makes 1st feel good, and encourages the plebs to pay up.

Comment

Doesn't happen though, at least for long haul...Is the ignominy of turning right on boarding enough to make people feel that way?

I booked business for our anniversary trip and the cunce in BA want to charge us a minimum of £96 each to choose our seats!

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                    Hitchhiker's Guide To... did you mention something about electric rads lately? Have a back room in the new house that I'm working out of that doesn't have a central heating rad in it and is baltic (north facing with big patio door not helping) and I need to do something about it.

Looking at something like these
                                                                    Rointe oil-filled ✅ D Series WiFi radiators ✅ are our premium electric heaters with WiFi for smartphone control. Compatible with Amazon Alexa. Discover >>
                                                                    Resistive heat? Pretty much all resistive heaters identical in terms of performance. Just look at the wattage for comparison's sake Are you looking to get it hardwired or just plugged in?

If looking for something portable - go for any oul oil filled heater imo.
                                                                    If permanent / wall mounted - https://www.screwfix.ie/p/acova-tag-...-x-575mm/88010 ?

If you get a plug in - €15 for a smart plug to get your controls if you want it.

Comment

That's some shameful shit right there by England.

Comment

Oooh la la

paddling.gif
                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

England were poor but that was unbelievably good from France.

Any of - Dupont, Ramos, Flament, Fickou, Aldritt, Ollivon could have been in line for man of the match.

They all had 8.5+ games.

Dupont is like a cheat code - brains to see everything and the ability to do it too.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

Any of - Dupont, Ramos, Flament, Fickou, Aldritt, Ollivon could have been in line for man of the match.

They all had 8.5+ games.

Dupont is like a cheat code - brains to see everything and the ability to do it too.
                                                                            Dupont best player in the globe imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

They all had 8.5+ games.

I wouldn't get too carried away with France there today as they were playing a joke team. Remember how we played the same XV off the park?

We'll marmelise England next week for the easiest GS ever.

Comment

I wouldn't get too carried away with France there today as they were playing a joke team. Remember how we played the same XV off the park?

We'll marmelise England next week for the easiest GS ever.
                                                                                Disagree - France are trending up. Grest to watch. Dont think we played them off the park. We did well to beat the greatest threat to the 6n . Be close if we played them tomorrow.

Marmelising the Limeys on Paddys weekend though . sweet .

Comment

filedata/fetch?id=1732231&d=1678572057&type=thumb
                                                                                  Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                  Solks and Laz - good old craic developing on the Newcastle FB group over some scummy youths. Can see a vigilante mob forming before long.
                                                                                  Feral teenagers everwhere these days only a matter of time before they are gelded .

In other news - what a great pic.
                                                                                  You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                                                                  This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                    Solks and Laz - good old craic developing on the Newcastle FB group over some scummy youths. Can see a vigilante mob forming before long.
                                                                                    They're little cunts alright, came close to squaring up to them at the garage a few weeks back. Would happily see a mob break some legs.

I avoid that group like the plague, avoid facebook generally. Can't handle the dumb.

Comment

Best MOTD I can recall seeing. Found that I seemed to concentrate more on the highlights without someone commentating.

Comment

filedata/fetch?id=1732231&d=1678572057&type=thumb

Feral teenagers everwhere these days only a matter of time before they are gelded .

In other news - what a great pic.
                                                                                        Would be a better pic if it was taken from a fully loaded B52
                                                                                        Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Do many people watch half/full time analysis for football? Skys stuff is awful now , really annoying partisan bull shit from carragher/Neville - never sure how Jamie redknapp slotted in - he won fuck all
                                                                                          Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

[QUOTE=MysteryGuest;n1732234]

Would be a better pic if it was taken from a fully loaded B52[/QUOTE
                                                                                            ​​​​​​

Ah no, my sister helped design that place.......

Just to the left of the Aviva...

She's a really good architect. (Aviva was a sweet deal for the bit her firm got)

Not mad on Rugby myself.
                                                                                            And no one actually knows all the rules .nobody not even the ref

I worked in D6 for a good while and you see all sorts ot people from the decent to the ultra high maintenance entitled.

One thing I noticed was young rugby kids were treated like they were god's(not that they wanted to be). You would have a couple of teens looking at sweets choosing between sour squirms or wine gums and some 60 year bint would come striding in (all kind of straight backed and no nonsense type) ....they'd recognise the kid and start banging on about the cup but also not really talking to them but more kind of just saying out loud "come on our boys" type bullshit The Kids would just kind of amble offl embarrassed.

Saw this type of bollox loads of times. Kids minding their own busines (with rugby ball) going to.school and some twat stops them and starts quizzing them about what game they're playing that day etc. They're like giving off a vibe "whose this fucking twat"
                                                                                            ​​​to be polite. The twat not getting the response he was hoping for then kind of laughs and tries to recruit another guy waling behind him and pointing at the two bemused lads *the future of Irish Rugby" desperate to regain some level of gravitas.

The point being kids (rugby playing especially) born in those areas generally are going to be positively re-enforced from birth. They will literally have no choice but to succeed

The inverse relationship to your skanger types

I have very little patience for either type at the more extreme ends of their respective spectrums

I dunno.

Maybe bomb everybody!

NB Not having a go at MG by the way. Got a little carried away

away with my own semi rant.

​​​

Last edited by dinekes; 12-03-23, 16:08.

Comment

I didn't watch MOTD last night out of solidarity.

Comment

I had Nomo before, but as a takeaway and wasn't bowled over. Gave it another shot sitting in and while it was better I remain unconvinced. But I'll bow to the superior knowledge of the BBV.

Felt a bit shortchanged to be relieved of 70 blips for bottled cocktails and savory soup.
                                                                                                Last edited by Denny Crane; 12-03-23, 11:53.

Comment

GPT4 is being released next week. This is expected to be a big leap forward from the current version. It will be more powerful along with now being a multimodal language model which means it offers support for images, music, and video. I have seen some of the samples of the text prompts to video from I think it is the google one and they were crazy so that alone will be very interesting. This will be the starting point for future iterations that allow anyone to create full films, TV shows, youtube videos, etc with just text prompts.

Comment

Wife is currently about to take off to New York for her first US visit, and I've honestly never seen anyone so excited ever in the run up to this. Was mentioning that a part of her doesn't quite believe that America is actually real

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Radiators we went for were these ATC Smart radiators. I think there's better out there, but they should come up good now the insulation is around the house and starting to kick in. https://www.atc.ie/?gclid=Cj0KCQiAjb...saAkZmEALw_wcB

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                        Wife is currently about to take off to New York for her first US visit, and I've honestly never seen anyone so excited ever in the run up to this. Was mentioning that a part of her doesn't quite believe that America is actually real
                                                                                                        Win the IPB Cheltenham Tipping Comp and you can send her off with a fist full of dollahs.

Comment

Can someone please remind me, in the language you would use with a five year old, how to post a gif here?

Comment

Can someone please remind me, in the language you would use with a five year old, how to post a gif on www.irishpokerboards.com?
                                                                                                            Just ask the oracle

Sure, I'd be happy to help!

Posting a GIF on IrishPokerBoards.com is actually quite easy. Here are the steps you can follow:
                                                                                                            1. First, find the GIF you want to post. You can find GIFs on websites like Giphy or Tenor.
                                                                                                            2. Next, right-click on the GIF and select "Copy Image Address" or "Copy Image URL."
                                                                                                            3. Go to the thread or post where you want to add the GIF and click the "Reply" button.
                                                                                                            4. In the text editor, click on the "Insert Image" button (it looks like a little picture of a mountain).
                                                                                                            5. In the box that appears, paste the URL of the GIF you copied earlier.
                                                                                                            6. Click "Insert" and the GIF should appear in your post!

That's it! If you have any trouble, feel free to ask for more help.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post

Just ask the oracle
                                                                                                              • Image upload failed because the extension of this file did not match the content.
                                                                                                              it doesn't know everything.

The file is https://tenor.com/bjXSf.gif

Comment

If we dont get more entrants it will be a fortnight shopping in LIDL ......actually cool.
                                                                                                                It's €850 currently and there's always a few last minute merchants.

A bit sad not to see some of the regs present but sure it gives the rest of the donkeys a chance.

Comment

it doesn't know everything.

The file is https://tenor.com/bjXSf.gif
                                                                                                                  Well you didn't follow its instructions to right-click to get the address - https://media.tenor.com/6LLSB1cnKBgAAAAd/sad-eyes.gif

It still doesn't work though. In fairness, if the AI couldn't figure it out I had no chance

I am sure GPT 4 will be able to help next week

sad-eyes.gif

Comment

Comment

Ah. so if you untick the 'retrieve preferences locally' option, it seems to work.

One for the humans. FU AI overlords (please don't kill me).

Comment

Ah. so if you untick the 'retrieve preferences locally' option, it seems to work.

One for the humans. FU AI overlords (please don't kill me).
                                                                                                                        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X