This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheers yeah.

Cunt of a thing this, training kids on the astro and had a small cut above ankle. Some aggressive bacteria decided my leg looked like a good meal and jumped in. Thankfully 4 days of solid IV drugs stopped it just shy of the party zone ( or mybe it was disappointed by the portion size on offer) and now trying to flush it out and see whats left behind. Leg feels'looks like its in a deep fat fryer 24/7.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
      Cheers yeah.

Cunt of a thing this, training kids on the astro and had a small cut above ankle. Some aggressive bacteria decided my leg looked like a good meal and jumped in. Thankfully 4 days of solid IV drugs stopped it just shy of the party zone ( or mybe it was disappointed by the portion size on offer) and now trying to flush it out and see whats left behind. Leg feels'looks like its in a deep fat fryer 24/7.
      Shit luck man. I hope it's just a temporary blip. It's obviously been a horror ride for ya. Would love to shake the hand of the legendary Dice75

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
        Weazel 1991?

The algorithm reduces us all to the same "content".

I've watched all his videos, they're like poker Musak when you're tired / brain running at 20%
        That's him indeed.

Comment

One downside of ChatGPT is that it makes smart devices seen dumb. I had a great conversation with it last night about some things, and then twice today was shaking my head at how dumb the Echo speaker beside my bed is when I asked it something.

Comment

Shame we lost Laz he was one of the good guys
            Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Cheers yeah.

Those astro pitches are infested. I got a simple graze from a stupid sliding tacklein the Tallaght Astro few years ago, Stung in the shower etc Got madly infected . Was a simple burn. Feckers broke into the car that evening too. Nothing to rob thankfully.

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post
                Shame we lost Laz he was one of the good guys
                Dublin has him now . Lifts glass .

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Jaysus, no.
                  Stop fighting it.

Comment

RIP Slick
                    To him the action was the juice
                    Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                      One downside of ChatGPT is that it makes smart devices seen dumb. I had a great conversation with it last night about some things, and then twice today was shaking my head at how dumb the Echo speaker beside my bed is when I asked it something.
                      Would you have seen this? https://betterprogramming.pub/how-to...t-641c1f3b1ef3

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Read QualityLand recently. Think I might have picked it up off a table in Chapters during lockdown as had been sitting on the shelf for ages. Decent take on an AI-driven future world.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                          That's interesting. Funnily enough one of the things I was asking it about last night was things to do to help with depression and I thought the answers were very good.

Comment

Am on a Breaking Bad re-watch and it's 2am and I've just right now seen the credits roll after Hank and Walt square off and I can't fucking watch another one without being a corpse tomorrow, a corpse with responsibilities.

FML I'm off to bed.
                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

filedata/fetch?id=1731903&d=1678011265&type=thumb
                              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                              This gallery has 1 photos.
                              Last edited by Solksjaer!; 05-03-23, 10:17.

Comment

I've seen a few people saying they're getting highly personalised spam

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                  Came across a poker streamer on YT a few weeks ago who plays 1/2 Zoom mostly and his shtick is generally being obnoxious and permanently tilted which can be entertaining. He had some deal with America's Card Room and they set a challenge for all of their streamers with the winner getting 100k worth of buyins at the Triton high roller series in Vietnam. Yer man won the package and with a previous maximum buyin of €1200, he went on to beat one of the 6-max cash all time crushers heads up in a 20k tournament for $400k today. Nice run!
                                  That is crazy. He shows up on my twitch feed the odd time when he was doing some sort of challenge only a few months ago where he was trying to show it was possible to win $1000 at 10nl. He cashed another event and I think in total so far he has won $640k

Comment

This seems completely mental. Anyone in Ireland can set themselves up as a psychologist in the private sector. Going to be a whole RTE show on it tomorrow night.

RTE - How I set myself up as a fake psychologist

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                      I don't think this is as impressive as it first seems.

Unfortunately, this isn't as exciting as it looks and the person on twitter either didn't read the paper or didn't understand it. This paper is not yet peer reviewed and it has immediately failed a cursory review by the AI community online.

Someone on hackernews explained it well. They used a small training set - basically they split one set of images 60/40 and trained it on the bigger half. This means all they really did was overfit the training images into the network - you can actually identify which training images are actually being perceived when it looks like the model is "mind reading" someone if you look carefully through the training set.

So basically it's like: Person is viewing image of a building. Reconstruction finds an image of a building in the training set, and produces a near-duplicate of that image as what the person is "seeing." In reality, all this proves is when you look at similar images, the same regions of the brain light up.

The good news is, reading about this and why this paper doesn't demonstrate the claimed results is a great way to learn some more about how these networks work and how they are trained! The bad news is, it's sure not anything like AGI, and it's definitely not actually reconstructing the ground-truth images seen by the testers.

Comment

Feel free to let Chat GPT make your picks for the IPB Cheltenham Tipping comp.
                                        Any form of intelligence, even artificial, would be a welcome change from the usual contestants.
                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

The way this filter works means it seems like it should be somewhat straightforward to repurpose how it works to make anyone look like anything.

Comment

Yikes, who had that down as a 7-0 kinda game
                                            ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                              Yikes, who had that down as a 7-0 kinda game
                                              United acted like tired babies . 20k run tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

United acted like tired babies . 20k run tomorrow.
                                                Is Wout Weghorst just a Dutch Fellani?
                                                ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Good analogy, Anthony a poor man’s Nani

Comment

No
                                                    hes also a shite footballer

Comment

Harsh on him. He was off the pitch for most of it and didnt cost anything. Legs going is one thing , heads going is anotherr .

Comment

Fellaini? No. Because he is tall?

The Wart is not a bad baller just cant finish his dinner. Decent enough holding it up and can find a pass just hilariously bad in the air and no killer instinct. United are much worse with him on the pitch imo.

Antony a one trick pony.

Bad day at the office, burn the tape, run the fuckers, and go again. No panic.
                                                        This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

I use a program at work, a 3D BIM modelling program, that's has a plug-in called Dynamo that can run scripts on backend data and perform a simple changes.
                                                          I've a idea for a script to pull data from the back end and tabulate it into a excel matrix, this doesn't seem like a difficult task - but I don't actually know hoe to script.

How do I get ChatGPT to ahve a crack this?
                                                          https://www.asti.com/ultimate-guide-...ng%20interface.

This. ^^
                                                          Seems like you'd start with a simple "show me an example of... Using dynamo in auto desk"
                                                          And refine from there
                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Speith, Hatton and Rory in the mix after the leader had a triple bogey.

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                                              Speith, Hatton and Rory in the mix after the leader had a triple bogey.
                                                              Rory so annoying. Shoud be fucking steamrolling these jokers.

AND another tug when it matters.
                                                              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

and another.

FmL.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                  and another.

FmL.
                                                                  In fairness they are taking turns at throwing it away.

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post

In fairness they are taking turns at throwing it away.
                                                                    Two bogeys in a row when you've just hit the front is unacceptable.

He's a dickhead. He's our dickhead, but he's a dickhead.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                      Am on a Breaking Bad re-watch and it's 2am and I've just right now seen the credits roll after Hank and Walt square off and I can't fucking watch another one without being a corpse tomorrow, a corpse with responsibilities.

FML I'm off to bed.
                                                                      I only watched it once, because people were talking about it. Still think of it as time stolen from life.
                                                                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Had Speith backed. Should be coasting.

Comment

Please don’t let it be Hatton

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post
                                                                            Please don’t let it be Hatton
                                                                            Please do! He's done himself on 17 though

Comment

Let it be Rory ffs. Come on you beautiful nutjob.

or kitiyama because it’d be cool for another nutjob to win and to have two triples over the last two days, that amateur swing and STILL win.

this is class.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

I only watched it once, because people were talking about it. Still think of it as time stolen from life.
                                                                                It’s definitely not as good as some people make out. It’s very good but a significant step below the likes of The Wire or The Sopranos

Comment

No one wants it.

Comment

I see parts of the country already in drought. In March.in Ireland.

Comment

I hired 5 people to sit behind me and make me productive for a month

Comment

Got a tub of this pho soup base in the Asian Market today. The resulting pho was phenomenal. Didn't do anything like the recipe. Just let the base and the spice bag (that comes with it) boil away by itself for an hour, with an onion and a chunk of ginger added. Then added the noodles ten minutes before the end, while I separately gave a fillet steak 30-secs on each side in a pan before slicing very thinly. Big side bowl of Thai basil and coriander (also from the asian supermarket), sliced spring onions, limes, and chillis, and bobs your very tasty uncle. Just had that brilliant feel of a deep bone broth about it that had been cooking for 10 hours.

Comment

Finished Clarkson's Farm Season 2 today. Obv everything about Clarkson needs to be prefaced with - of course he's a prick - but that show is just so delightful.

Comment

Reading something on the ChatGPT comparing China & US. Article focused on the fact that AI like this is trained on sources such as Reddit & Wikipedia which are restricted in China and along with chips embargo will curb their ability to keep pace.

In a fitting end to the article;

What does ChatGPT itself think about China’s AI capabilities?
                                                                                            • “China has made significant investments in artificial intelligence (AI) in recent years, and its capabilities in this area are rapidly advancing,” the chatbot told Foreign Policy, referencing China’s aforementioned 2030 benchmark. “China’s strengths in AI include natural language processing, computer vision, and machine learning. The country has made significant progress in developing AI-powered applications for various industries, such as healthcare, transportation, and finance,” it added. It wasn’t all praise though: The bot also called out China’s “policies and initiatives aimed at collecting and analyzing large amounts of data, which has raised concerns about potential misuse and infringement on privacy.”
                                                                                            • “Overall, China’s AI capabilities are rapidly advancing, and the country is poised to become a major player in the global AI landscape,” ChatGPT said. “However, it will be important for China to address concerns about privacy and ensure that AI is developed and used responsibly.”

Comment

Finished Clarkson's Farm Season 2 today. Obv everything about Clarkson needs to be prefaced with - of course he's a prick - but that show is just so delightful.
                                                                                              Only done both seasons over the last few weeks. A triumph.

Comment

Win the IPB Cheltenham Tipping Comp and you can buy your own farm, in the confines of which you can act like a Clarksonian-level prick.

Slow enough takeup this year with many of the regs dragging their heels although no doubt the heavy hitters like GAB, nicnic and rounders are just finalising their prep work to arrive in the peak of race fitness.

Comment

I think I posted a picture of Grozny at the start of Mad Vlad's misadventures over a year ago.

More and more places in Ukraine are starting to look like that. Total devastation.

Comment

Cheers yeah.

Just see this-fuckin hell. Get better soon

Comment

did you guys see Mcgregor in the crowd at the ufc this weekend? what the fuck has he done to himself? it looks like he's going full Wildenstein. what a fucking waste of air that guy is.

Comment

It's a strange one, it's hard to know which clarkson is the act. The whole drama with the coucil is heavily edited in his favour and you natually side with him but I can 100% see why they behaved the way they did.
                                                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

If you make your living from behaving like a complete and utter prick then you are a complete and utter prick.
                                                                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                            If you make your living from behaving like a complete and utter prick then you are a complete and utter prick.
                                                                                                            Are you talking about McGregor or Clarkson?

Clarkson is a self-aggrandizing twat but basically harmless. He's also got some charisma which helps make entertaining TV.

Comment

The only thing worth watching at the moment.

I'm stuck now while I wait on the next thing worth watching
                                                                                                              (new succession)

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

It's a strange one, it's hard to know which clarkson is the act. The whole drama with the coucil is heavily edited in his favour and you natually side with him but I can 100% see why they behaved the way they did.
                                                                                                                I feel you can't edit your way to the clear lovely relationships he has with everyone on the farm team. Like, he's clearly a good pal. Also the way he gives the space within the show for people other than himself to shine.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

(new succession)
                                                                                                                  I’m just finished S1 of Yellowstone. I thought the premise was very much like that of Succession.

Comment

Do many people bother paying for news subscriptions? I open the odd Irish Times article, but I've never felt the motivation to actually sign up.

Comment

It seems some of you don’t understand that tellybox is not real REAL. Clarkeson and his ilk would think nothing of ripping someone a new one with added expletives if the cameras weren’t rolling.
                                                                                                                      Mcgregor might be a neanderthal but in front of camera he is authentic scumbag. Nothing fake there. Reality TV is an oxymoron.

Comment

Do many people bother paying for news subscriptions? I open the odd Irish Times article, but I've never felt the motivation to actually sign up.
                                                                                                                        IT is worth paying for, if no one pays all we will be left with the is likes of joe.ie scraping twitter and calling it journalism.

The digital edition is good, especially on a tablet and I like to do crosaire when I have time.
                                                                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

(new succession)
                                                                                                                          I've started my binge of 'The last of us'.
                                                                                                                          I've never played the game, but it's like a smarter Walking dead, without the filler.

Hopefully i've timed it so i'm just up to date for the final ep next week.
                                                                                                                          ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X