This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Degag View Post

And after their dictator leader is assassinated they’ll just say ‘no worries lads, don’t worry about that, we won’t retaliate at all and do you know what? We’ll put a new guy in charge who relates more with you guys, we might even join the EU/NATO’

Happy days.
    Ah so it wasnt Hitler/Putin you say. . Ted I want out

Comment

Bill Burr is great.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
        Shoot Putin stop warmongering .
        I feel like you may be taking a bunch of bad movies to a real world conclusion.
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

And after their dictator leader is assassinated they’ll just say ‘no worries lads, don’t worry about that, we won’t retaliate at all and do you know what? We’ll put a new guy in charge who relates more with you guys, we might even join the EU/NATO’

Happy days.
          Yes, like when Lenin died. Oh wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

I feel like you may be taking a bunch of bad movies to a real world conclusion.
            Let's hear your solutions. Keep throwing young Ukrainians at it and money ? The ladybird books you read should offer up something. . Last time I looked the US killed off quite a few leaders who didnt fit the bill. Or maybe it was on Movies@Dundrum . Why not kill Putin? Sure get Levic Harvic Oswaldic to do it and sure the yanks can deny everything. If you think there is nobody that cant be got then you are not 'real world ' connected You blame Putin but reckon adding years to the war is the way to go. .
            I only hope whoever shot the Slovak premier today triggers some hero into impaling Vlad.

Comment

Let's hear your solutions. Keep throwing young Ukrainians at it and money ? The ladybird books you read should offer up something. . Last time I looked the US killed off quite a few leaders who didnt fit the bill. Or maybe it was on Movies@Dundrum . Why not kill Putin? Sure get Levic Harvic Oswaldic to do it and sure the yanks can deny everything. If you think there is nobody that cant be got then you are not 'real world ' connected You blame Putin but reckon adding years to the war is the way to go. .
              I only hope whoever shot the Slovak premier today triggers some hero into impaling Vlad.
              Putin, like Hitler, has to be faced down and militarily defeated. That's the solution. There is no alternative that doesn't end with even worse long term outcomes.

Don't take it from me, take it from Tim Snyder.

Comment

Putin, like Hitler, has to be faced down and militarily defeated. That's the solution. There is no alternative that doesn't end with even worse long term outcomes.

Don't take it from me, take it from Tim Snyder.
                Took how many years and deaths to facedown Hitler ?
                war is money I guess . There must be some Gorbachevs left .

Comment

Yes, like when Lenin died. Oh wait.
                  Have you started A Gentleman in ~Moscow yet?

It's better than the book, McGregor plays it well and the whole air of tweeness and suspension of disbelief works much better on the small screen than it does on the page.

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

tens of millions. What was the aternative - there wasn't one

There must be some Gorbachevs left .
                    He's killed them all. Look what he did to Navalny.

The power vertical is a real thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Have you started A Gentleman in ~Moscow yet?

It's better than the book, McGregor plays it well and the whole air of tweeness and suspension of disbelief works much better on the small screen than it does on the page.
                      Waiting until all the eps are done and then I'll be in a position to judge this preposterous statement.

Comment

Maybe they should empty their jails, pump the convicts full of drugs and send them on suicide charges? Like Putin did.

Slightly surprised you didn't suggest that one.
                        Ukraine is literally trying to fix this right now, due to US pressure. Up until they passed a new law a short while ago, it was a minimum of 27 years old you could be conscripted at, but with loads of loopholes. They've now started clamping down on this and reducing the age to 25.

Like the thing you are angsting about is:

- something the Western allies are actively pressuring Ukraine to do
                        - something Ukraine is now getting around to fixing

Its also a fairly obvious current flaw, if you are having to drag people out of one war zone to emergency march them to another war zone, it indicates that lack of trained soldiers is a real issue. It could well be too late to fix, as surely the training time is not quick to safely send new soldiers to the frontline.
                        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

I suspect, from various 'sources' that tend to be littered through the likes of CNN articles, that the US is quite frustrated with Zelenskky - despite generally admiring him. He seems to be too keen on these 'symbolic stances' around insignificant villages that end up wiping out loads of experienced soldiers, then overpromising what advances will be made, and not making critical decisions on things like staffing that are known to win wars. We're seeing the impact now. Last year, despite low Russian weapon stocks, and endless Ukrainian weaponry, they couldn't advance. Now they are on the cusp of losing significant territory. He needs to start listening to the US strategists: they know how to win wars.

Comment

I do realise all of this is within an overall envelope of how deeply unfair and tragic the whole thing is. But listening to the adults in the room seems like the first step in being able to defend the country.

Comment

It sure does feel like we are slowly walking into WW3.
                              This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

war is money I guess . There must be some Gorbachevs left .
                                Lets not forget that there are also tens of thousands of russians walking into their death every day too. Also at a huge cost to their regime. Except their regime gives less off a shit than Ukraines’ do. And i guarantee you 90% of those russian ‘soldiers’ want nothing to do with it in reality either.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                  It sure does feel like we are slowly walking into WW3.
                                  If Trump gets back in, he's surely going to cause chaos on the geopolitical front which is no good with so many situations on the edge.

Comment

A Man In Full

A Netflix adaptation of Tom Wolfe's satirical novel is another one that beats the book. Cracking TV show, just six short episodes that are well paced and pay attention to detail lightly unlike the way the book is stuffed with tangential detail.
                                    From what I can remember this is a fairly loose adaptation and as well as bringing it to the 2020's there is clearly an effort to make Daniels character look Trumpian, but it's a lot more fun than that sounds.
                                    There is something interesting about how literate and stylised it feels compared to what Wolfe's 'new journalism' was claiming to be, I always found him a hard read and this kind of production IMO fillets away all the bullshit and allows the characters, ideas and humor room to shine. In this you always know you are watching a novel. Daniels is good but the OTT southern accent is more annoying than comical. Superb soundtrack as well.

Last edited by Strewelpeter; 15-05-24, 22:48.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

If Trump gets back in, he's surely going to cause chaos on the geopolitical front which is no good with so many situations on the edge.
                                      It would likely be a continuation of his first administration's 'policy' (inverted commas as it was a shitshow)?
                                      • Hostility to his Latin American neighbours over immigration
                                      • Sucking up to his boss, Putin - bad news for Ukraine, Europe and NATO
                                      • Continued trade war posturing with China (who kinda deserve it)
                                      • Extreme pro-Israeli stance
                                      That said, he was a pretty inconsequential president in foreign policy terms as he was very much focused inward - probably reflecting the fact that he has no real interest in the wider world personally and a level of understanding of geopolitics that your average 12 year old would probably easily surpass.

Comment

Lets not forget that there are also tens of thousands of russians walking into their death every day too. Also at a huge cost to their regime. Except their regime gives less off a shit than Ukraines’ do. And i guarantee you 90% of those russian ‘soldiers’ want nothing to do with it in reality either.
                                        There's an internal Russian socio-economic factor too; all those being pressganged into the army and sent to die in a muddy field or the Mad Tsar are overwhelmingly from the poorest regions of Russia and\or from ethnic minorities. Hence there is very little internal dissent about their deaths.

Comment

Sinn Fein getting whacked again in the polls and now level with FG (from being almost double their support not so long ago).

I wonder how much of this based on immigration, would imagine most of it.

Comment

Sinn Fein getting whacked again in the polls and now level with FG (from being almost double their support not so long ago).

Thats because all the illegal immigrants have to vote for FG in local elections as part of being allowed into the country, keep up!

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Thats because all the illegal immigrants have to vote for FG in local elections as part of being allowed into the country, keep up!
                                              dammit, the goddamm lizard monster illumanati leaving me off the memo again FFS

Comment

dammit, the goddamm lizard monster illumanati leaving me off the memo again FFS
                                                You mustn't have taken the jab so - it was sent via the 5g implant

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

You mustn't have taken the jab so - it was sent via the 5g implant
                                                  I didn't get the one they give to the sheeple. I got the one for the secretive cabal that controls everything. Some buzz off it tbf.

Comment

I broke my collar bone near the start of the year. I got the all clear a few weeks back from the physio to say I could get back to exercising whenever I wanted, working up to my normal routine. I had been in a very good habit of working out 3/5 times a week last year. I also really enjoyed it but now that I have fallen out of the routine the push to get back and start again seems mammoth. It is such a hard thing to get back to doing once you fall out of the habit.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                      I broke my collar bone near the start of the year. I got the all clear a few weeks back from the physio to say I could get back to exercising whenever I wanted, working up to my normal routine. I had been in a very good habit of working out 3/5 times a week last year. I also really enjoyed it but now that I have fallen out of the routine the push to get back and start again seems mammoth. It is such a hard thing to get back to doing once you fall out of the habit.
                                                      I use that 5 second rule decision for getting tasks done. . I decide in 5 seconds if i'm going ahead with something. In those 5 seconds the decision is made. . Silly but works for me.

Comment

I didn't get the one they give to the sheeple. I got the one for the secretive cabal that controls everything. Some buzz off it tbf.
                                                        Lost the mother and the step father last year . A family member is full on conspiracy theory about their demise now ., almost accusing folk. Its embarrassing and annoying when she surfaces from her web pages . Shes not quite a flat earther type but has a lot of their conviction.

Comment

Your ETH have always been worthless lumps of wishful thinking cobbled together on an amateur hour protocol, but now you know it

And still the market will buy these fake diamonds @ >$2600

Reality is irrelevant when the world is mostly populated by dumb marks with more money than sense.

Comment

They couldn’t exactly say they wanted to close the boarder and put back up check points to appease the anti immigrant cohort.

They will still get most of the far right/anti immigration votes on transfers when it comes to election day.

Comment

Your ETH have always been worthless lumps of wishful thinking cobbled together on an amateur hour protocol, but now you know it

And still the market will buy these fake diamonds @ >$2600

Reality is irrelevant when the world is mostly populated by dumb marks with more money than sense.
                                                              If the market is so dumb you must be shorting the crap out of it?

Two minutes brought me to this link.

MIT students stole $25M in seconds by exploiting ETH blockchain bug, DOJ says | Hacker News (ycombinator.com)

IMO the title is a bit misleading since the bug was in the mev-boost library which isn't part of the ethereum protocol nor is it needed to validate blocks. As I understand, the "victims" were arbitrage bots that one could argue simply had their risk realized. I wonder if the brothers could have gotten away with it by just paying taxes.

Here is an in-depth post-mortem on the incident: - Post mortem: April 3rd, 2023 mev-boost relay incident and related timing issue - The Flashbots Ship - The Flashbots Collective
                                                              ​​

Comment

Lost the mother and the step father last year . A family member is full on conspiracy theory about their demise now ., almost accusing folk. Its embarrassing and annoying when she surfaces from her web pages . Shes not quite a flat earther type but has a lot of their conviction.
                                                                That's what happens when you lock yourself into an echo chamber. The echoes get amplified and eventually you will accept them as your truth.

Comment

Had similar last year, winter hit and just lost interest in jogging/excercising etc. Back into it in terms of playing golf and hiking at least.
                                                                  Have a neck/back thingy that have to manage as pretty much everything has a pain payment due afterwards.

Used to watch a few YouTube vids of nut jobs like Goggins and the indomnitable Courtney dauWalter to get in the mood if I was feeling lazy.

Often it's just like Solks 5 second rule - I put on runners and get outside. Once you're moving it all feels good.

​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post
                                                                    Often it's just like Solks 5 second rule - I put on runners and get outside. Once you're moving it all feels good.​​​​​​
                                                                    You do realise he was talking about sex?

Comment

If the market is so dumb you must be shorting the crap out of it?

​​
                                                                      Looking at the last decade of Crypto and the likes of Tesla, I'll stick to honest and efficient markets like the 18:30 at Clonmel

Comment

I think that comment is a bit premature

Comment

Looking at the last decade of Crypto and the likes of Tesla, I'll stick to honest and efficient markets like the 18:30 at Clonmel
                                                                          Thanks for posting, the whole story is kind of incredible. As someone mentioned in that y-combinator thread, the DOJ charging the act of exploiting a software bug for profit as wire fraud is bananas especially when this looks like a case of the front runners kind of being beaten at their own game.

The thing that really stands out through is that the attack is so sophisticated in the technical knowledge required to carry it out and clean the money it is almost beyond belief that this is were they fell down. All that and they can't obfuscate their search history.

So clever and yet so dumb.​

"The brothers' online search history showed that they studied up and "took numerous steps to hide their ill-gotten gains," the DOJ alleged. These steps included "setting up shell companies and using multiple private cryptocurrency addresses and foreign cryptocurrency exchanges" that specifically did not rely on detailed "know your customer" (KYC) procedures.

They also researched the "very crimes charged in the indictment," the DOJ said. Among search terms found in the brothers' history during the planning phase of the alleged scheme were phrases like "how to wash crypto" and "exchanges with no KYC." Later, seemingly attempting to prepare for any legal consequences from the scheme, the brothers allegedly searched for things like "top crypto lawyers," and "money laundering statute of limitations," and "does the United States extradite to [foreign country]."

What are we backing in the 6.30?

Edit - I actually can't believe the DOJ have got involved here, this is a decent ELI5, fuck these guys.

Oh for fuck sake. The reporting on this is so fucking bad.

It's not a "Bug" in ethereum and doesn't call anything into question.

You know how people use algorithms and bots to trade stock?

Ok so just like that people use these bots to capitalize on very fast trades.

These guys built bait that made the bots think they were capitalizing on a good trade. Then quickly changed the transaction to gain funds.

It's like a bait and switch aimed at bots.

Imagine I put up a sell order for Game Stop stock at $4 when it's currently at whatever $50+. Trading bots would try and snatch that up instantly. If I switched this stock quickly to something useless I could make a lot of money abusing the bots looking for these trades.

Not a bug but imo fraud. Some would argue it's not even fraud because these bots that are trading are at risk and it's a risk that you may lose money on automated trades. Aka your fault for trying to bot trades.
                                                                          Last edited by Opr; 16-05-24, 13:04.

Comment

Come on, through my studies on tantric sex I now last sometimes up to 20 seconds . In truth if she doesnt wake up its even longer.

Comment

The Tattooist of Auschwitz is worth watching. Some parts are a tough watch as you'd expect. Story is told by Harvey Keitel as the tattooist. Adapted from a 2018 novel when the real guy told his story to an author.

Comment

Xander performing unreal again in dome golf conditions.

Not much wind in the forecast, but some rain so he might actually do it this time.
                                                                                All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

The inertia is incredible, for lots of reasons.

I find though, that legit just making a promise to myself to go to the gym on a regular schedule ( when I come back from a layoff I find going every single day build the habit faster), even if I do nothing, just walk through the door. Inevitably I get stuff done.

Then over time I get the dopamine.

Then you see the results.

The the habit is back.

I also find that focusing on the things I hate, like doing legs, first and foremost gets me over the inertia faster. The doms from a layoff leg day are fucking gnarly so getting them out of the way first is huge for me.

Comment

What are we backing in the 6.30?
                                                                                    I was looking out for Flicker Of Hope, wouldn't be going mad on it or anything but 5/1 might be a fair price.

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes

At the end of the day there's always masturbation......I have a few tips that might come in handy
                                                                                      Thats what the Rabbi said !
                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

I was ahead of the science by years again- and people want to trust the same cunts with AI
                                                                                        Children’s mental health under attack by the smartphone

https://www.irishtimes.com/science/2024/05/16/are-we-entering-the-twilight-of-diversity-equity-and-inclusion/​

wait till your relying on this generation of kids to make the world work (maybe AI won’t be so bad after all) it’s fucked up the adults and teens bad enough - the little geniuses handed as toddlers going to be something else- hopefully some of them get to sue their parents and the companies responsible for compensation
                                                                                        Last edited by MysteryGuest; 16-05-24, 18:29.
                                                                                        Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

I was looking out for Flicker Of Hope, wouldn't be going mad on it or anything but 5/1 might be a fair price.
                                                                                          Ugh, it was 3-1 when I seen your post and decided not to bother. Well done.

Comment

Tim Dillon's alternative Israeli Euro song

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Come in handy?

No
                                                                                              Sheesh ...tough crowd!

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post
                                                                                                I was ahead of the science by years again- and people want to trust the same cunts with AI
                                                                                                Children’s mental health under attack by the smartphone

https://www.irishtimes.com/science/2024/05/16/are-we-entering-the-twilight-of-diversity-equity-and-inclusion/​

wait till your relying on this generation of kids to make the world work (maybe AI won’t be so bad after all) it’s fucked up the adults and teens bad enough - the little geniuses handed as toddlers going to be something else- hopefully some of them get to sue their parents and the companies responsible for compensation

yeah, cos the adults are really doing so good at adulting. would be a shame if kids came along and ruined it all.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

yeah, cos the adults are really doing so good at adulting. would be a shame if kids came along and ruined it all.

Proves my point - the absolute gobshitery in that video has flourished thanks to social media plus smartphones

gotta say we to the Chinese with til tok - really one of the greatest subversion weapons of all time
                                                                                                  Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

When the inevitable happens and an Irish politician is attacked out canvasing(well already happened this week) remember Tik tok and Twitter need to go

Comment

That's what happens when you lock yourself into an echo chamber. The echoes get amplified and eventually you will accept them as your truth.
                                                                                                      Same things happen in an echo chamber, basically the same thing gets repeated all the time and you believe them.

Comment

yep, same in an echo chamber also

Comment

Similar to an echo chamber really

Comment

Small crowd of scumbag protestors outside City West the other day. Saw a YouTube vid this am with them questioning/heckling cars driving in and out
                                                                                                            "No tax, no insuredance " (think that's how they pronounce it anyway, I don't speak scumbag)
                                                                                                            Pity we can't deport these scum.

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post
                                                                                                              Small crowd of scumbag protestors outside City West the other day. Saw a YouTube vid this am with them questioning/heckling cars driving in and out
                                                                                                              "No tax, no insuredance " (think that's how they pronounce it anyway, I don't speak scumbag)
                                                                                                              Pity we can't deport these scum.
                                                                                                              That’s my local Gym, it’s a pretty nice place and a cultural mix also. My wife takes the kids swimming there on Saturday. I’ll be going with them this time. I’m no Rambo but if one of those scumbags stops my car there will be a reckoning. I have zero tolerance for this shite. Pray for my soul as at my age it will probably be a fatal encounter . The murderer will be easily recognisable as his left ear will be in my pocket. You hear this , his left ear. Keep this info for the police . A cross eyed scumbag with missing teeth and a left ear gone. The LEFT ear ok. LEFT. If it’s the right ear, you have the wrong guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post

The inertia is incredible, for lots of reasons.

I find though, that legit just making a promise to myself to go to the gym on a regular schedule ( when I come back from a layoff I find going every single day build the habit faster), even if I do nothing, just walk through the door. Inevitably I get stuff done.

Then over time I get the dopamine.

Then you see the results.

The the habit is back.

I also find that focusing on the things I hate, like doing legs, first and foremost gets me over the inertia faster. The doms from a layoff leg day are fucking gnarly so getting them out of the way first is huge for me.
                                                                                                                I was making great progress probably since last October. Even with a bit of a stumble through a meniscus tear around Nov-ish (actually going for MRI soon).

Then I changed job in April and went from 5 min to 50 min commute. My routine of gym at 6.30am fell apart and I also have some mystery dose (usual oh its viral be grand diagnosis) for 3 weeks that's thankfully easing off. Wrecked with fatigue, crappy digestion and low appetite. Did my first session this morning in weeks and it was really tough despite going 70%.

The hardest part was actually scraping myself out of bed and into the car. That inertia is no joke! Hopefully this dose disappears and I can get back to the routine. Genuinely hadn't felt better physically and mentally in years when I was going regularly over the last few months.

Comment

mysteryguest won't like this one simple thing. the kids are allright.

Comment

echo chamber....
                                                                                                                    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Comment

Scheffler got himself arrested for a traffic problem this morning... will be class if he misses his tee time

LOL PGA have announced a 'totally unrelated' delay to start time

Last edited by Strewelpeter; 17-05-24, 11:49.

Comment

the joost klein of golfing

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X