This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Hopefully Italy will get the result they deserve against the Scots.

I was supposed to be going today with No.1 Son and No.1 Granddaughter but actually organising the the trip got away from me. They are having a great day.
    Italy could definitely do an Argentina in the WC imo. Hope they keep playing like this.
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

I'd not be unhappy to see Newcastle win tomorrow. They are due .
      Sure, i can see that…

…if they were playing literally anybody else that is
      Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Italy could definitely do an Argentina in the WC imo. Hope they keep playing like this.
        New Zealand and France in their group, just about as bad as it could have been.

Not enough being made of how doing the draw 30 months in advance has totally skewed it this year.
        Only two of Ireland, France, South Africa and New Zealand can make the semis, despite being the current Top 4 in the rankings. Scotland in 5th are also in that grouping.
        On the other side of the draw, two semi-finalists will be provided by two of England, Australia, Argentina and Wales (unless a minnow beats them).

Comment

Jaysis, just turned on Wales-England and it's dire stuff.

Kick, kick, kick. No clue how to find and make space. Jurassic.

Comment

Anyone got a recommendation for a deep cleaning company or cleaner. Just for a one off job

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

New Zealand and France in their group, just about as bad as it could have been.

Not enough being made of how doing the draw 30 months in advance has totally skewed it this year.
              Only two of Ireland, France, South Africa and New Zealand can make the semis, despite being the current Top 4 in the rankings. Scotland in 5th are also in that grouping.
              On the other side of the draw, two semi-finalists will be provided by two of England, Australia, Argentina and Wales (unless a minnow beats them).
              Yeah, it's an odd system. Soccer manages to do their WC draw much closer to the time so no idea why rugby can't do the same.

Comment

Am a GAA fan all of a sudden. Didn't see that coming.
                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

[QUOTE=Raoul Duke III;n1731577]We should get one of these for Orwell Road.

/QUOTE]

Jebus. Some of us still like to use it as a road
                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                    Am a GAA fan all of a sudden. Didn't see that coming.
                    Kid influenced? What team did you pick to support?

Comment

Shame the Honda classic has effectively been downgraded to the extent Honda won’t be sponsoring it anymore.
                      far better course than the abomination that is Scottsdale ( the moron fans and the golf course in a desert in an area that is in permanent drought)
                      Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post

Better not be kilmacud
                        Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post

The super Dubs bro.

Comment

Not so super tonight tho. Blessed.

I'm training in a lad into a sales role who's playing for them.

Daire Newcombe. Spending tons of time with him and developing a keen interest.

Comment

The super Dubs bro.

Welcome to the bleedin dark side ya bollix.

Mayo looking good for a wee wager.

Comment

Another broohaha in the park

Thid guy on electric scooter whizzed by me on a narrow path with a woman shouting at him from about 30 metres away.
                                He was going "Oh My God" to himself but loudly as he went past (and assuming right of way as usual with these twats) and it sounded like he was annoyed that the woman had harangued him and was still shouting after him. Difficult to describe the "omg" bit it was like "Jesus are you still banging in about it for fucks sake.

Turned out he had run into a kid (maybe 5 or 6 years) on his bike. Kid fell off his bike and hurt himself.

​​​​​​I was talking to a woman who saw it and she said that the guy did stop and say sorry briefly and she was saying that he was allowing that the kid caused the accident.

Father was comforting child and assessing damage (don't think there was any from what I could see)
                                Mother was overwrought and wanting to call an ambulance.

​​​​​​Now this is in a park and where this fat fuck passed me is about 5 feet wide Why aren't these things licenced? Anyone in the road even in a bike should have a test to establish not only competency but basic courtesy.

Then another prick not picking up his dogs shit.

​​​​​

There will be blood.

​​​

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post
                                  Another broohaha in the park

Thid guy on electric scooter whizzed by me on a narrow path with a woman shouting at him from about 30 metres away.
                                  He was going "Oh My God" to himself but loudly as he went past (and assuming right of way as usual with these twats) and it sounded like he was annoyed that the woman had harangued him and was still shouting after him. Difficult to describe the "omg" bit it was like "Jesus are you still banging in about it for fucks sake.

Turned out he had run into a kid (maybe 5 or 6 years) on his bike. Kid fell off his bike and hurt himself.

​​​​​​I was talking to a woman who saw it and she said that the guy did stop and say sorry briefly and she was saying that he was allowing that the kid caused the accident.

Father was comforting child and assessing damage (don't think there was any from what I could see)
                                  Mother was overwrought and wanting to call an ambulance.

​​​​​​Now this is in a park and where this fat fuck passed me is about 5 feet wide Why aren't these things licenced? Anyone in the road even in a bike should have a test to establish not only competency but basic courtesy.

Then another prick not picking up his dogs shit.

​​​​​

There will be blood.

​​​
                                  Genuinely IRL not trolling think that drivers should get an amnesty for running over e scooter drivers (as should pedestrians for scissor kicking /otherwise knocking them off ) .They deserve any life limiting injuries they receive.
                                  same as anyone on a phone plan greater than 20 euro a month serves to stay poor

Comment

Am all over the hate for those scooter cunce tbh

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                      Hectorjelly care to share a trip report about Mexico city when you get a few spare minutes? Think we're going to do a few months in BA this year and we're debating a month or two somewhere else along the way. Mexico city is on a shortlist but nothing confirmed.
                                      CDMX is a great city, I came here four years ago for ten days and made it a life goal to come live here! There's a lot to see and do here, it's a strange city because parts of it are absolutely mental (in a good way), like just chaos everywhere. I was living in Centro and you could buy anything you could possibly imagine within a five minute walk. I'm in the post part now which is the direct opposite, super quiet, muy tranquilo.

There's a lot to see and do here, and the food is incredible. Much better than anywhere I've been in south America.

What sort of things are you looking for when you travel?
                                      Last edited by Hectorjelly; 26-02-23, 16:53.

Comment

2834 points. Got the first one bang on then was within 8 yrs of each

Had two exactly right, and 1 off in another two.
                                        An obvious 80s moustache helped. Another was obviously during covid. And was somewhat lucky that the last was that photo of Obama watching seal team 6.

Comment

Naas 2.10
                                          Libby ew

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

Had two exactly right, and 1 off in another two.
                                            An obvious 80s moustache helped. Another was obviously during covid. And was somewhat lucky that the last was that photo of Obama watching seal team 6.
                                            Aside from it being a cool game they're really interesting photographs.

Comment

Hello
                                              Just back lurking the last couple of weeks after probably dropping away for a year or two!
                                              Good to see most of ye are still here

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

CDMX is a great city, I came here four years ago for ten days and made it a life goal to come live here! There's a lot to see and do here, it's a strange city because parts of it are absolutely mental (in a good way), like just chaos everywhere. I was living in Centro and you could buy anything you could possibly imagine within a five minute walk. I'm in the post part now which is the direct opposite, super quiet, muy tranquilo.

There's a lot to see and do here, and the food is incredible. Much better than anywhere I've been in south America America.

What sort of things are you looking for when you travel?
                                                The rough plan is to spend a month (somewhere) in September before arriving in BA in October and staying there until Jan with maybe a 3/5 day stop in Montevideo in the middle of it. Top of my list was Mexico city and as it's only a month I guess we would like to be very central and really experience being in the centre of the city and everything it has to offer.

explore the city, get a to a match or two, a few gigs, eat ourselves sick and then do some of the touristy tickbox list like tolantongo and teotihuacan for example. We generally hit the museums in cities that we're in..the usual stuff.

I saw an apartment for rent for €465 for the month in the centre of the Roma norte barrio which looks reasonable enough in terms of location and while I wouldn't want to live there, it would be fine for a month stay I think.

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                                                  Hello
                                                  Just back lurking the last couple of weeks after probably dropping away for a year or two!
                                                  Good to see most of ye are still here
                                                  Bizarrely exactly 2 years to the day since my last post - just checked!

Comment

and just as I saw that cardshark202 appears.. habla del rey de roma clearly has buenos aires tagged for notifications.

Unless I'm wrong and it wasn't you that was living there...

Comment

and just as I saw that cardshark202 appears.. habla del rey de roma clearly has buenos aires tagged for notifications.

Unless I'm wrong and it wasn't you that was living there...
                                                      You're right. Good timing
                                                      I'll actually be in BsAs for a few months around that time myself. Probably Nov til Feb actually

Comment

Sure, i can see that…

…if they were playing literally anybody else that is

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post

You're right. Good timing
                                                          I'll actually be in BsAs for a few months around that time myself. Probably Nov til Feb actually
                                                          cool, will be hitting you up for tips and such so. Assuming both sets of plans work out we'll have to meet up for a beer or two

Comment

I have to say it's been pretty spot on of UEFA to arrange for United to play in Spain once every few months since I moved here, takes away some of the disappointment of giving up my season tickets. Seen them in Valencia, Barcelona, San Sebastian and Madrid and now off to Seville for the next one in a couple of weeks.

Betis match is a bit of a pain though as I had already arranged a trip that week so I'm now going

Valencia - Malaga for a day trip
                                                            Malaga - Granada for 2 days
                                                            Granada - Seville for an overnight for the match
                                                            Seville - Granada for 3 more days then back to Valencia.

technically could have done the granada-seville in one day and come back on the late night bus but might as well stay over and enjoy a night in Seville given that the match is on early at 18:45

A whistle stop tour of southern Spain.
                                                            on a related note to this.

So the boss and I went to the game against Real Sociedad in November. Spent a couple of days in Bilbao before getting the bus to San Sebastian on the Wednesday (with the game on the Thursday at 18.45)

Thursday morning, we get up early to explore San Sebastian. I suggest bringing the tickets with us and she says 'shure we'll be back long before kick-off' 'right' says I and off we go. It's a beautiful little spot and we wandered for the morning stopping for breakfast and coffee and such. We're heading back in the direction of the hotel and we pass a bar/restaurant that we had seen the day before and decide to go in for some lunch.

It's a really thin place, bar runs the length of it with about 4/5 tables facing the bar against the other wall. At the end of the passage there's a door to the courtyard and they've more tables set up out there. Anyway, we're chilling out at one of the tables, ordered a few bites to eat and a nice bottle of wine and there's an influx of United fans, all of whom are wet through. It's started hammering down outside so they're all stopping in for beers and what have you.

This guy sits down at the table next to us and asks what we're eating (pork cheeks in red wine sauce) and decides he would like some with a glass of wine. So he orders the food and we, having finished the bottle we ordered get an extra glass each to drink while chatting with him. He was a Scottish guy, had been in alicante for an over- 50's tournament and come from there to san sebastian for the match. Really genuine guy and we spent an hour chatting with him about all things United,

Needless to say Maguire came up and he says 'ah, Harry's not bad, having a bad run but he's got good qualities' then we were chatting about a few of the younger players coming through and he thought some of them were overrated etc. Meanwhile the boss is giving it semi-large saying that I used to play a bit and that our son had played for shamrock rovers etc etc not boasting but just expanding on our interest etc. We talked about being season ticket holders and travelling back and forth for all the home games etc.

Told us his background and that he had moved to the cheshire area for work decades earlier etc. Anyway, about 90 minutes in I ask what his son does because he had mentioned that he had a boy.

'My son is Scott McTominey'

after I rolled my tongue back up and did a quick search through my mind for anything negative I might have said about him for the last hour or so (thankfully nothing because I actually like Mctominey as a player) we ordered another bottle of wine and continued on with our conversation about all things United. Then another bottle....I eventually looked at my watch and it was 18.15, 30 minutes before kick-off and we were still sitting in a bar miles from the ground, without our tickets for the match!

Settled up in the bar and the three of us walked back to our hotel where I grabbed the tickets and then on to the stadium. We missed the first 2/3 minutes which is the first time I've ever been late to a match in my life.

Comment

Not so super tonight tho. Blessed.

I'm training in a lad into a sales role who's playing for them.

Daire Newcombe. Spending tons of time with him and developing a keen interest.
                                                              You seem to have a bit of a man crush on this fella.

Comment

For the Buenos Aires people; what is Montevideo like? Both as itself and also in comparison to BA. Thanks.

Comment

You seem to have a bit of a man crush on this fella.
                                                                  Haha, I guess I do. He's a very impressive young fella. Unusually so.

Comment

Sportz

Comment

Allez les bleus !

Comment

This should be interesting

Comment

Asked the chatbot to compose a poem 20 lines about the end of the world...

It is the day of the apocalypse
                                                                          Staring up at the sky, all agape
                                                                          Where we stand in dismay, fraught with terror
                                                                          At the sight of the red, blazing rapture.

Armageddon approaches and none can escape
                                                                          Weather is turning, a brewing tempest
                                                                          The angels of destruction wheel across the sky
                                                                          A deathly omen, knowledge of their doom.

The mystic winds of destruction only a few can perceive
                                                                          The warning they carry, that none can ignore
                                                                          The time of man draws near an end
                                                                          Foretold by universal fate, and none the wiser.

Humanity working in frantic desperation
                                                                          Hoarding to last the final days of existence
                                                                          Trying to build shelters from the blazing heat
                                                                          Preparations futile, for the inevitable destruction

All around is darkness, thick as night
                                                                          Crashing waves of destruction, swallowing all that is free
                                                                          Mournful cries, mourning of a world lost
                                                                          A forlorn hope, for nothing can be done.

The signs all point to the end of times,
                                                                          Fires raging in places mankind created
                                                                          A stench of blood and ashes, a vile odor
                                                                          The sky is pervaded, by the smell of death.

Nature rebels and cries out her vengeance
                                                                          The Earth rocks and belches smoke and dust
                                                                          Her final punishment, a symphony of grief
                                                                          We listen in obedience as it carries us away.

Thunderstorms and storms rage in their fury
                                                                          Lightning strikes and fire spreads like wildfire
                                                                          The very air we breath is slowly being consumed
                                                                          Destruction at its finest, a testament to the end.

Mountains crack, crumbling beneath the weight
                                                                          One by one lands fill with crevices and cracks
                                                                          Bodies lay strewn on the ground, once alive
                                                                          Where hope dwelled, now salt and ashes.

The heat intensifies, oppressive and blistering
                                                                          A furnace more caustic than any before
                                                                          The world, a smouldering wreck, void of life
                                                                          Dread fills every soul, for this is the end.

Doesn't even rhyme

(Thought I was downloading Chatgpt but it's some crappy version)

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                            Allez les bleus !
                                                                            Indeed.

Comment

#98
                                                                              I hope Shraaaap, that you're planning on peaking for the WC. You could easily be 0-3 in this 6N and look way off your game.

Comment

#99
                                                                                I hope Shraaaap, that you're planning on peaking for the WC. You could easily be 0-3 in this 6N and look way off your game.
                                                                                Definitely not playing our best, but we seem to be able to win from anywhere, regardless of the pressure.

Enjoy your 6 nations win, after that it's just a qf loss you have to look forward to.

Comment

The rough plan is to spend a month (somewhere) in September before arriving in BA in October and staying there until Jan with maybe a 3/5 day stop in Montevideo in the middle of it. Top of my list was Mexico city and as it's only a month I guess we would like to be very central and really experience being in the centre of the city and everything it has to offer.

explore the city, get a to a match or two, a few gigs, eat ourselves sick and then do some of the touristy tickbox list like tolantongo and teotihuacan for example. We generally hit the museums in cities that we're in..the usual stuff.

I saw an apartment for rent for €465 for the month in the centre of the Roma norte barrio which looks reasonable enough in terms of location and while I wouldn't want to live there, it would be fine for a month stay I think.
                                                                                  I like your way of thinking! A month here would be fantastic. Roma is a good place to stay, it's nice and has a lot of great places to eat/drink, it's also very central. There are fancier places to stay, (Condesa or Polanco) but I'd prefer Roma personally.

You can do Teotihuacan easily from Mexico city, usually, people take the bus super early to avoid the midday sun. Tolantongo is near to Mexico city in the Mexican meaning of near, in that it's a 4 or 5-hour car journey and I don't think you can't get there easily on public transport. There are loads of amazing museums and galleries here, make sure you don't miss the anthropological museum.

Comment

However I had the previous thread bookmarked it took me to the last unread post, but I appear to be failing to achieve that with this one. Can anyone point out what I should bookmark for that?

Comment

For the Buenos Aires people; what is Montevideo like? Both as itself and also in comparison to BA. Thanks.
                                                                                      I've only been there a couple of times for a day or two but I wasn't overly impressed. There's not a huge amount to see and the nightlife doesn't compare.A smaller, boring version of BsAs I would say. Of course open to correction from someone who has spent more time there and knows it better. But I've never spoken to anyone who has spent time in South America and raved out Montevideo to be honest

Comment

Question: I presume this isn't required but for travelling via a US airport (but on to a diff country as destination), you don't require an ESTA or anything, right?

Comment

You will likely need an ESTA Cardshark, I would imagine your airline will insist on it even if the rules technically say you don't need it. But I've been asked for ESTAs on all layovers in the States.
                                                                                          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Sites a mess again.
                                                                                            This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                            All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                            The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                              Sites a mess again.
                                                                                              How so, errors?

I'll restart anyhow, usually cleans it up for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post

How so, errors?

I'll restart anyhow, usually cleans it up for a while.
                                                                                                I get logged out continuously on mobile. Desktop seems better.

Fix it before the IPB Cheltenham Tipping Comp pls. 2 weeks to go!

Comment

I get logged out continuously on mobile. Desktop seems better.

Fix it before the IPB Cheltenham Tipping Comp pls. 2 weeks to go!
                                                                                                  That's probably your own fault somehow, I don't know.

Perhaps you rejected the use of cookies or something on mobile?

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                                    You will likely need an ESTA Cardshark, I would imagine your airline will insist on it even if the rules technically say you don't need it. But I've been asked for ESTAs on all layovers in the States.
                                                                                                    Cool, cheers. Doesn't logically make sense to need one but I had a feeling I might anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                      However I had the previous thread bookmarked it took me to the last unread post, but I appear to be failing to achieve that with this one. Can anyone point out what I should bookmark for that?
                                                                                                      If you edit the bookmark and make up some large page number it brings me to the latest: https://www.irishpokerboards.com/for...ow-it/page9999

Comment

Vegas flights back on, and now don't even have to change terminal in Heathrow Never been there at WSOP time before...it's a 10th anniversary trip so I reckon I'll be remaining outside the ropes though!

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                          Vegas flights back on, and now don't even have to change terminal in Heathrow Never been there at WSOP time before...it's a 10th anniversary trip so I reckon I'll be remaining outside the ropes though!
                                                                                                          You can enter a satellite for events if you want, and also there are loads of cash games and other casinos do (or used to at least) festivals at the same time with smaller buyins which will have large fields. Don't forget to make sure your ITIN is sorted first if you plan on winning money at any of the tournaments, otherwise they will withhold tax from you which will be a pain to claim back later, again unless they have changed that.

Comment

While that is valuable info, the 10th anniversary bit of my post is what'll be keeping me as an onlooker! We're only going Friday to Tuesday night, but I might get a few hours of cash in at the Aria or somewhere.

Comment

Shipped second IPO seat. Happy days.
                                                                                                              No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                                                                Shipped second IPO seat. Happy days.
                                                                                                                Win the IPB Cheltenham Tipping Comp and you will no longer have to worry about satelliting your way into the biggest tournaments around the globe.

Comment

Also was at doctor for check-up this morning. Since Jan 2022, I lost 21 kilos steadily over the last year so all going well. Do need to exercise more though
                                                                                                                  No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                                    While that is valuable info, the 10th anniversary bit of my post is what'll be keeping me as an onlooker! We're only going Friday to Tuesday night, but I might get a few hours of cash in at the Aria or somewhere.
                                                                                                                    Win the IPB Cheltenham Tipping Comp and you can upgrade to some suitable accomodation for your trip.

105776555-balcony_pool.jpg?v=1551906147.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                                      Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Fair play to Rishi for bringing the dumpster fire somewhat under control.
                                                                                                                        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Musk has apparently laid off another 10% of the workforce at Twitter. You wonder how this ends although he appears sanguine.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X