This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    Is anyone planning on paying their TV licence this year? I don't see why anyone would or should, given everything that has come out. Classic case of insider capture of a state institution.
    Mine was due end of Jan, already on the second reminder....as a wise man once said, they can suck my balls.
    This too shall pass.

Comment

A very short Limerick, not connected to the Cheltenham Comp.

Mystery
      Mystery
      Mystery
      Another win for the Rugby rest

Comment

Its a banger - IPB limerick song

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
          A limerick winner
          can we get it into the Eurovision

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

Mine was due end of Jan, already on the second reminder....as a wise man once said, they can suck my balls.
            Cancelled my monthly one there recently. Moving to an apartment now the cant see if I've a tv, and therefore can shove it up their hole.

On that topic, and suggestions for a solid but basic desk for WFH etc?

​​​​​
            Last edited by eamonhonda; 24-02-24, 20:17.
            airport, lol

Comment

Seem to be on the verge of so many big things, but just need one of them to properly click over. Its very fucking tense at the moment.
              "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

This AI video thinggy is taking the piss if it thinks it can pass off this kind of thing as real

Last edited by Strewelpeter; 24-02-24, 23:23.
                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I’m suing you and the AI company for copyright infringement
                  Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post

I’m suing you and the AI company for copyright infringement
                    Very poor limerick
                    it’s meant to be a 5 line effort
                    Please try harder young man

Comment

Downloaded a couple of eps of Formula One Drive to Survive for a flight during the week.

No real interest or knowledge of the sport. Am absolutely hooked now. Such a fantastic series.

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post
                        Think I'll pick up an analogue phone Only got my first smart phone 10 years ago
                        Would be great just to go sort of off grid for a bit
                        I kinda get what you mean, but what you mean is not what you wrote. Analog networks (as opposed to digital ones) all shut down years ago. You mean a non smartphone, or a dumb/feature phone. They can still access the internet afaik, albeit in a far more limited way.

Comment

Tomorrow is my first day back in an office since 28/02/2020. Grim scenes in many ways.

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post
                            Tomorrow is my first day back in an office since 28/02/2020. Grim scenes in many ways.
                            Ugh on a Monday? You'd have to go sick
                            airport, lol

Comment

I may have noted this before but Welsh people are another level of insanity when it comes to boozing. So many of them just littering the streets last night in a bad state.

Caelen Doris for some reason just on his own in Toners last night. They mustn't do the big formal dinners after matches any more?
                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

NCT is such a scam. Failed on headlight alignment and didn't get it back in time for re-test. Full test again today and a rubber dust cover on a ball joint that was perfectly fine in December has since become badly worn.

Comment

I kinda get what you mean, but what you mean is not what you wrote. Analog networks (as opposed to digital ones) all shut down years ago. You mean a non smartphone, or a dumb/feature phone. They can still access the internet afaik, albeit in a far more limited way.

No, I want one of the old rotary ones that go brrrr brrr and you answer with your number!
                                  We had a neighbour back when we were kids that had one of those even older black pay phones with the A and B buttons in their hall.

Yeah, non smartphone to wean myself off the rubbish scrolling. Obviously need the smartphone for work but the dumb one for the w/e maybe. Oh, I dunno....maybe I'm just nostalgic for snakes.

Comment

That Alaskan series of True Detective was tense.

And very good imo.
                                    Enjoyed it. Story a bit flakey but milieu and atmosphere compensate. 3.5 / 5.
                                    Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Nice to see Barney Boatman winning an EPT

Comment

Playing around with that music tool seeing what kinds of outputs you can get. The AI did some messing with the structure of the song and I changed up the type of music. It ended up spitting this out

It is going to be a crazy new world - BBV Limerick mashup take 2

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                                          I see Billy Walters has a book coming out - Gambler: Secrets from a Life at Risk

And there's lots of intreating stuff about Phil Mickelson, some of which he shares in this excerpt.
                                          He is on the latest episode of Rogan. I think Joe's interviews have gone way downhill over the last few years but this one was very good as he knows very little about the whole gambling world so let Walters pretty much dominate the whole interview.

Comment

He is on the latest episode of Rogan. I think Joe's interviews have gone way downhill over the last few years but this one was very good as he knows very little about the whole gambling world so let Walters pretty much dominate the whole interview.
                                            There's no bigger contest in the world of gambling than the IPB Cheltenham Tipping Comp. Sign up today with just over two weeks remaining to the start of horsetilities. Maybe I should be on Rogan, although he seems like an awful tool.

The Golden Ticket limerick competition will close at midnight on Thursday and the adjudication panel will announce the lucky winner at some stage thereafter. Competition was definitely fierce last week but let's see if we can get some last minute corkers (see what I did there) that could sway the judges...

As a reminder:
                                            • they must follow the classic limerick structure
                                            • they must include a character from IPB
                                            • there must be some kind of horseracing theme
                                            • the more defamatory the better

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                              Seem to be on the verge of so many big things, but just need one of them to properly click over. Its very fucking tense at the moment.
                                              Are you moving to the private sector?

Comment

That Alaskan series of True Detective was tense.

And very good imo.
                                                Oh no.
                                                It was one of those things that fall apart as soon as you apply any kind of thought to it
                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post

Cancelled my monthly one there recently. Moving to an apartment now the cant see if I've a tv, and therefore can shove it up their hole.

On that topic, and suggestions for a solid but basic desk for WFH etc?

​​​​​
                                                  I go this a long time ago (pretty sure it was cheaper too)
                                                  Seen on The Irish Times, Independent.ie, Lovin Dublin, and many more! Work from home desk Our desk arrives flat-packed and can be assembled in under a minute without the need for tools, pesky screws or a Swedish engineering degree! The desk is just as easily dissembled for convenient post lockdown storage. Standard - 1

Has served me well so far
                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

A poor opening effort

The Duke's love of the show, True Dectective,
                                                    while most found the plot pure defective.
                                                    Shows growing old is quite grim
                                                    Losing pace, wits, judgement and vim
                                                    he might find jumper cables on his dick more effective​

Comment

Subject: Cease and Desist - Unauthorized Use of Limericks

Dear OPR

We are writing on behalf of our clients, Dobby and Mystery Guest, regarding your unauthorized use of limericks sourced from posts on the Irish Poker Boards message board. It has come to our attention that you have been incorporating these limericks into songs using an AI app without proper attribution or permission.

Please be advised that such actions constitute a breach of copyright and intellectual property rights belonging to our clients and the original authors of the limericks. Your unauthorized use of this content is both unlawful and unethical.

We demand that you immediately cease and desist from using any limericks sourced from the Irish Poker Boards message board for your songs. Additionally, we insist that you remove any songs or content created using these limericks from all platforms where they are currently hosted or distributed.

Failure to comply with this demand will result in further legal action, including but not limited to pursuing damages for copyright infringement and intellectual property theft.

We expect your full cooperation in resolving this matter promptly.

Sincerely,

Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

The dying embers of the human collective, creative consciousness has been used to fuel a new wave of unimaginable machine art. Any resemblance to your work is purely coincidental, these models are producing completely new original works of untold machine genius that will go way beyond human understanding.

Besides, you already lost in court

Comment

I was interested to know why when HJ is taking trips in driverless vehicles around San Fran that we haven't seen a wider rollout. It turns out the main company in SF, Waymo use a wide array of sensors including things like Lidar. These are really expensive and add huge weight to the car. Tesla isn't using any of these sensors and is attempting to do full self drive with just cameras and an onboard computer which is why they seem so behind some of the companies claiming to have already solved self driving.

When I was reading about this I came across George Holtz, he was the first person ever to hack an iPhone and jailbreak it at 17, couple of years later he hacked the PlayStation and has been a part of various hacker groups through the years. Elon even hired him at twitter for a short time after he bought it. He famously left saying the codebase was a complete mess that required a huge overall that he could never get done due to the politics within the company.

Holtz is now himself concentrating on self driving cars and has setup a company which focuses on it called comma.ai. He has developed a kit that you can retro fit to almost any car and claims it will make it autonomous. I watched a podcast he did with Lex where he say the Government tried to shut him down which is why he has to on his website call it a Dev kit, but they are fully functional and you can buy the full kit for $1500.That a big mad? You can retro fit your car for self driving with a near home brew kit!!

Comment

I was interested to know why when HJ is taking trips in driverless vehicles around San Fran that we haven't seen a wider rollout. It turns out the main company in SF, Waymo use a wide array of sensors including things like Lidar. These are really expensive and add huge weight to the car. Tesla isn't using any of these sensors and is attempting to do full self drive with just cameras and an onboard computer which is why they seem so behind some of the companies claiming to have already solved self driving.

When I was reading about this I came across George Holtz, he was the first person ever to hack an iPhone and jailbreak it at 17, couple of years later he hacked the PlayStation and has been a part of various hacker groups through the years. Elon even hired him at twitter for a short time after he bought it. He famously left saying the codebase was a complete mess that required a huge overall that he could never get done due to the politics within the company.

Holtz is now himself concentrating on self driving cars and has setup a company which focuses on it called comma.ai. He has developed a kit that you can retro fit to almost any car and claims it will make it autonomous. I watched a podcast he did with Lex where he say the Government tried to shut him down which is why he has to on his website call it a Dev kit, but they are fully functional and you can buy the full kit for $1500.That a big mad? You can retro fit your car for self driving with a near home brew kit!!
                                                            Speaking of Home Brew . I wonder what the law on drink self driving will be ?

Comment

I may have noted this before but Welsh people are another level of insanity when it comes to boozing. So many of them just littering the streets last night in a bad state.

Caelen Doris for some reason just on his own in Toners last night. They mustn't do the big formal dinners after matches any more?

There was a good crowd of Welsh fans in Toners on Saturday and some of them were (much like their rugby team) dead on their feet before the game even ended so I can only imagine how they were by closing time. I think I was more impressed by how much the female Welsh fans could consume, they put a lot of their male compatriots to shame.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

There was a good crowd of Welsh fans in Toners on Saturday and some of them were (much like their rugby team) dead on their feet before the game even ended so I can only imagine how they were by closing time. I think I was more impressed by how much the female Welsh fans could consume, they put a lot of their male compatriots to shame.
                                                                Were you in there too? We were in the snug beside the front door for a good few hours.

Comment

The Spelling of Irish names is my pet Piamh.

Comment

Were you in there too? We were in the snug beside the front door for a good few hours.
                                                                    As it happens I was almost ended up in there that evening too, coming back from watching the match in Ryans, dinner in La Gordita and Sive in the Gaiety we were looking for somewhere relaxed before heading home, but the atmosphere was getting a bit too wasted by that time and having to negotiate around all the pools of puke put us off staying out.

That's my third visit to La Gordita, probably my favourite restaurant ever and having tried less than half the menu I doubt I'll even want to visit any other restaurant until I've had a taste of the rest of it.

Comment

Yeah, we were out back in the beer garden for the Ireland game and stayed there until a good bit after the Scotland/England game.

Somewhat of a strange day.

Highlights including almost not getting in. The main bouncer decided they were full so had to queue (it was a small queue of no more than 20 - 30 people) My mates were already inside and they were texting me to say there was definitely room. I tried to mention this to the bouncer and he completely blanked me. I was sensible enough to know he was on a power trip and say nothing more and sure enough within about 5 minutes, a manager type came out, looked at the queue and told him to get people in before kick off.

We were at a table with a few young ladies who were there for the match but wouldn't have been rugby experts. Small bit of banter back and forth during the game and next I know, one of them doesn't just buy me a drink but pays for my round. Like, she literally jumped up and taped her card as I was about to pay. (I've clearly still got it )

Obviously got her and her friends a drink back but she looked somewhat crest fallen when Mrs Lao Lao came in later on

Next was the middle aged Dutch men we met who were all wearing Irish jerseys and over for the game- still struggling to get my head round that one.

There was also the middle aged Irish woman in Beschoff's later on who insisted and I mean insisted on giving me one of her onion rings. Not quite sure I want to claim I still got it on this one

Oh, and the Welsh lad in the jacks in Toners who was banging on about Jimmy Saville's snap chat account.

We finished up in O'Briens on Sussex St but only had one there as the odd balls were still out in force. I seem to be attracting more and more of them lately.

Comment

Those bouncers have the patience of saints, we had a front row seat to observe and admire their work over the course of the evening.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

Oh no.
                                                                          It was one of those things that fall apart as soon as you apply any kind of thought to it
                                                                          This is it.

The silly unnecessary links to the Tuttles in the first episode.
                                                                          The complete red herring and pointlessness of the "paranormal", they even put a ghost in one scene that was unseen by the actual character and had no point in the wind up. Why? Stupid stuff. The plot was nonsense.

The setting was cool though, I'll give em that.

It was never meant to be a True Detective story, the showrunner was asked would she try fit it into that universe and this nonsense is what we got.

Nothing to do with female leads, or anything, its just bad writing.
                                                                          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Movies for February (got done early, yes there is 29. )

SPOILER
                                                                            Not into giving arbitrary ratings (wombats etc) but high points were:
                                                                            Faults was an amazing headfuck.
                                                                            They Live and Escape from New York was an excellent double bill.
                                                                            Top 3 would be 11:14, The Hit (Terence Stamp is awesome) and The French Connection.

Lowlights:
                                                                            Race for Glory is a bit shmaltzy,
                                                                            The Player insists upon itself
                                                                            The limey - am sure the director was performing autofellatio.
                                                                            ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

The fog was on every year around halloween years ago. Always freaked me out then.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post

This is it.

The silly unnecessary links to the Tuttles in the first episode.
                                                                                The complete red herring and pointlessness of the "paranormal", they even put a ghost in one scene that was unseen by the actual character and had no point in the wind up. Why? Stupid stuff. The plot was nonsense.

The setting was cool though, I'll give em that.

It was never meant to be a True Detective story, the showrunner was asked would she try fit it into that universe and this nonsense is what we got.

Nothing to do with female leads, or anything, its just bad writing.
                                                                                Thought it had great promise after the first 2 episodes but they really shit the bed after that.
                                                                                His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                                                  Movies for February (got done early, yes there is 29. )

SPOILER
                                                                                  Not into giving arbitrary ratings (wombats etc) but high points were:
                                                                                  Faults was an amazing headfuck.
                                                                                  They Live and Escape from New York was an excellent double bill.
                                                                                  Top 3 would be 11:14, The Hit (Terence Stamp is awesome) and The French Connection.

Lowlights:
                                                                                  Race for Glory is a bit shmaltzy,
                                                                                  The Player insists upon itself
                                                                                  The limey - am sure the director was performing autofellatio.
                                                                                  So this is what it feels like when 6Star sees the Official Singles Chart.

Comment

Survivor back on Thursday/Friday too. Whoop!
                                                                                    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

I quite enjoyed the bodygaurd on netflix . True dectective not my cup of tea, couldnt get into it. Jodie went downhill after the Accused .

Comment

The fog was on every year around halloween years ago. Always freaked me out then.
                                                                                        TIP : Don't go into the Fog .

Cowboys Ted , i mean Pirates Ted.

Comment

Today I realised I have aphantasia, which is a mad thing to discover probably more than halfway through your life. I just assumed it was the same for everyone. Doesn't make a difference, jut interesting. I do dream images though.

About 4% of people have aphantasia. They're often surprised to learn others see mental images in their minds and they can dream in images but can't think in them.

Comment

Today I realised I have aphantasia, which is a mad thing to discover probably more than halfway through your life. I just assumed it was the same for everyone. Doesn't make a difference, jut interesting. I do dream images though.

https://fortune.com/well/2023/05/23/...nds-eye-brain/
                                                                                            So as a teen ( we'll use this yardstick as we are not all courier collie ) did you need visual stimulus when having a tug ? So you couldnt think. Jayz Lorraine from no.26 would look good in a bikini then imagining the scene for expeditiously ejaculating latè that evening.?

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

So as a teen ( we'll use this yardstick as we are not all courier collie ) did you need visual stimulus when having a tug ? So you couldnt think. Jayz Lorraine from no.26 would look good in a bikini then imagining the scene for expeditiously ejaculating latè that evening.?
                                                                                              I can imagine things, but it'd be more like a call to a 0898 number you'd see on late night UTV than some auld wan from down the road.

Comment

6starpedal

Comment

I was meant to meet people there but we skipped when we saw the queue. Quite the near miss of an IPB beer(s).
                                                                                                  Last edited by Denny Crane; 27-02-24, 12:56.

Comment

I can imagine things, but it'd be more like a call to a 0898 number you'd see on late night UTV than some auld wan from down the road.
                                                                                                    If you think of a person does their face not appear in your mind?

Comment

https://fortune.com/well/2023/05/23/...nds-eye-brain/
                                                                                                      Did you skip the discussion we had on it before?

It's one of those funny things where people assume everyone processes the world the same way.

Comment

Old wan? Lorraine was 15 and before you accuse me of being a padeo. I was 16. I played it cool till i was 19 and finally mustered the couraged to ask her out but she told me to fk off . For vengeance i imagined in a very sordid manner later that night. A very angry but intense teen tug . She fell foul to the curse of filling out in the wrong places in her 20s so I dodged a bull ette so to speak, but those tugs , brought a tear to the eye.

Comment

As a 1 in the above image, can people not daydream? Or is just not images more of a feeling? It's so strange to me to not picture say your partner in your head, and so on. Though when reading I rarely bother to visualise anything, and some people do so vividly.

As for discovery, a lot of people I know discovered they had synesthesia when I brought it up, similar thing where they thought everyone had it. That's where you associate colours with things, like Tuesday is yellow, Brian is green, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

TIP : Don't go into the Fog .

Cowboys Ted , i mean Pirates Ted.
                                                                                                            Technically they were lepers?
                                                                                                            ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

If you think of a person does their face not appear in your mind?
                                                                                                              Not so I'd say, no. I may be entirely misconstruing what I do and do not think of, but it seems to me that I don't. I know what someone looks likes when I think of them, but it's more remembering things than visualising it.

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

Did you skip the discussion we had on it before?

It's one of those funny things where people assume everyone processes the world the same way.

Definitely passed me by when it was discussed before.

Another thing of this kind, although far more of an even split is that some people have an inner monologue going on all the time, and some don't. I definitely do, and was amazed to learn that many people don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                                As a 1 in the above image, can people not daydream? Or is just not images more of a feeling? It's so strange to me to not picture say your partner in your head, and so on. Though when reading I rarely bother to visualise anything, and some people do so vividly.

As for discovery, a lot of people I know discovered they had synesthesia when I brought it up, similar thing where they thought everyone had it. That's where you associate colours with things, like Tuesday is yellow, Brian is green, etc.
                                                                                                                People with perfect pitch see notes as colours . Not all but its common. Also if you dont have PP its a good practice to visualise notes as colours . There is a link imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post

Technically they were lepers?
                                                                                                                  If ya wanna get technical , they were dead already. (Or rather undead)

Comment

I think I'm closer to what you are describing, Dom, than anything else - I definitely don't see someone's face in my mind when I think of them. Images don't appear in my head, more just an 'idea' of what I'm thinking about, like the mental equivalent of a written description than a picture!

I've never once thought about this before, funnily enough

Comment

I’d be the opposite , to the point of trying to recall answers in exams and feeling like I’m reading the answer off the page.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
                                                                                                                        I’d be the opposite , to the point of trying to recall answers in exams and feeling like I’m reading the answer off the page.
                                                                                                                        Show off.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
                                                                                                                          I can picture you doing this.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X