Clear All

Creative rhyming indeed, IPB
    Understand though the tickets for me
    No insult did ye omit
    Though most did surely befit
    Suck on that, ye bags of gee ​

Comment

I'm sure this is a question IPB can save me some time researching:

Best/highly recommended electronic share trading app?

For, let's say initially, 10K across 10 shares (circa 1K each). Long term strategy but if I needed to access it I'd want it to be able to cash in quickly.

Deffo not regular trading, just ease of use and some good, independent investment coverage)

Criteria:
      Security
      Ease of money in and out (and setting up account - but that's all the same docs these days anyway so likely not a big issue for any of them)
      Credible advice/analysis

Less interested in fees if the quality is good.

Cheers in advance - any good links appreciated from anyone who has a bit of experience to give me a running start.

Last edited by BennyHiFi; 22-02-24, 21:14. Reason: PS. Not a novice. Have a degree in economics and was a financial journalist at the start of my career. Still buy FT occasionally and watch Bloomberg when in hotels :)

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
        I'm sure this is a question IPB can save me some time researching:

Best/highly recommended electronic share trading app?

For, let's say initially, 10K across 10 shares (circa 1K each). Long term strategy but if I needed to access it I'd want it to be able to cash in quickly.

Deffo not regular trading, just ease of use and some good, independent investment coverage)

Criteria:
        Security
        Ease of money in and out (and setting up account - but that's all the same docs these days anyway so likely not a big issue for any of them)
        Credible advice/analysis

Less interested in fees if the quality is good.

Cheers in advance - any good links appreciated from anyone who has a bit of experience to give me a running start.

DeGiro.
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Speaking of shares, has anyone had experience of trying to cash in current verifone and verizon shares that are the remenants of the eircom privatisation?
          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Seeing how a few Limericks have been posted recently.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
              Seeing how a few Limericks have been posted recently.

Wouldn't be in the top 20 I'm afraid Eamonn.

Keep 'em coming, 6 days to go. You can of course just pay your way in like a normal person too.

Comment

Hope our retirement consultant in Spain was not impacted by that big fire in Valencia.

Comment

Is anyone planning on paying their TV licence this year? I don't see why anyone would or should, given everything that has come out. Classic case of insider capture of a state institution.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                    Is anyone planning on paying their TV licence this year? I don't see why anyone would or should, given everything that has come out. Classic case of insider capture of a state institution.
                    My mother has been paying my TV license as a Xmas gift for a few years now so mine is paid.

I assume if you pay and they scrap it, you’ll be reimbursed beyond a certain date. I suspect there will be no material difference in deciding to pay it or not.

At this rate, Tubridy will be welcomed back as a national hero for inadvertently exposing the rot.

So messy for the likes of Coveney, fish in a barrel for Mary Lou & Pascal.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

RTE thing is a story largely being pushed by Indo/Mediahuis. What is the Mediahuis angle? I suspect its probably that they are a notoriously right-wing group (like literally publishing the main racist newspaper in the Netherlands), and far right organisations try to undermine national media as a general rule (e.g. Daily Mail vs BBC in the UK; everyone vs NPR in the US).
                        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                          RTE thing is a story largely being pushed by Indo/Mediahuis. What is the Mediahuis angle? I suspect its probably that they are a notoriously right-wing group (like literally publishing the main racist newspaper in the Netherlands), and far right organisations try to undermine national media as a general rule (e.g. Daily Mail vs BBC in the UK; everyone vs NPR in the US).
                          I've been getting my news on it from The Irish Times and, eh, RTE.

But nice try.

Comment

Like if anything screams 'massively corrupt insider self-dealing clusterfuck!!!', it's RTE's own coverage.

Comment

Whilst watching his unlicenced TV,
                              Raoul cheered on his horse at Aintree,
                              As they jumped Beacher Brook,
                              Raoul screamed Holy fuck,
                              the TV went blank - Pay your fee.​

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

Whilst watching his unlicenced TV,
                                Raoul cheered on his horse at Aintree,
                                As they jumped Beacher Brook,
                                Raoul screamed Holy fuck,
                                the TV went blank - Pay your fee.​
                                'This RTE controversy is quite smelly'
                                Said Solks as he turned off his telly
                                I'd rather get blown by a horse
                                The trick to this of course
                                Is to smear my mickey with jelly

Comment

I was ~6 months overdue getting reminders when RTE fiasco broke last year. They've ceased chasing me and no intention of following up myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                    Whilst complaining about media fake news,
                                    Hitch hits us with alternative views,
                                    The trouble with Hitch ,
                                    No i'm not being a bitch,
                                    He posts mostly after downing the booze​

Comment

Hope our retirement consultant in Spain was not impacted by that big fire in Valencia.
                                      Thankfully yes. Impacted emotionally for sure but it happened in a different neighborhood a couple of kilometers away.

Around 30 minutes between the fire starting in an apartment and the first building being completely engulfed in flame. Talk on the ground here is that the building has had a series of electrical faults and the likely cause was a short-circuit somewhere. Of course it had to happen on the first day of the year with really high winds (60kmph) which made the situation much worse and hampered the efforts of the firefighters.

although I’m reluctant to use the word lucky, had it started at 7/8pm instead of 5.30 it would have had a significantly worse outcome in terms of injuries and loss of life. It seems most people were still at work and kids still in school/aftercare when it happened.
                                      Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

There was a deviant professor called Zuut
                                        Who trained a monkey to suck on his flute
                                        That poor innocent chimp
                                        Who was Zuutroy's gimp
                                        Eventually bit it off at the root
                                        Structure is good. Unsure on the content.

Comment

Zuutroy was fond of the skies
                                          Oppenheimer in all of our eyes
                                          A colleague of Hitch
                                          Soon he’ll the get the pitch
                                          To join him in flogging AI​

Comment

Literally go an email this morning asking for some potential projects on AI in semiconductor processing.

Comment

So, who's up to join Brian Johnson's Don't Die Army?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                  Literally go an email this morning asking for some potential projects on AI in semiconductor processing.
                                                  What kind of thing would this be?

Comment

You get some great answers in a class. Was going through services with a class, got to emergency services and why they're important to us. I was writing on the board so had my back to class.

I said if you get in trouble or need help, who you gonna call. Quick as a flash a guy let rip with Ghost-Busters!

I turned round laughing, class cracked up, knew straight away who said it by the look on his face and thankfully he laughed when he saw me laughing. He created a great atmosphere for the rest of the class. Fair play to him.

Comment

Ozarks Tv show playing out in Tralee ???

Pictures circulating online of a certain prominent family getting arrested around the Crystal Meth seizure. Someone linked this tweet

Comment

Jesus, I was funking that being the Healy Reas. Boooo.

Comment

Jesus, I was funking that being the Healy Reas. Boooo.
                                                          How dare you? The Healy Raes are men of honour and dignity
                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post

How dare you? The Healy Raes are men of honour and dignity
                                                            Absolutely. I would never impugn their character.

Comment

So, who's up to join Brian Johnson's Don't Die Army?
                                                              The biohacker tech bro has spoken at length about his twin pursuits of eternal life and a younger penis. Now, he’s denying his ex-girlfriend’s allegations, amid news of a settlement.

Comment

Oh, that is just pure, untarnished gold:

According to Johnson, the “penis rejuvenation therapy” involves shocking his appendage three times a week, with the objective to increase his nighttime erections from 2 hours and 12 minutes to 3 hours and 30 minutes. The announcement included a diagram in which a block of Swiss cheese transitioned to a cucumber. “[M]ultiple randomized controlled trials showed that shockwave therapy improves erectile dysfunction. We are testing whether it improves total time nighttime erections, subjective sexual performance, sexual satisfaction, and medical imaging-based penile markers,” Johnson wrote on X. (The Onion’s take: “45-Year-Old Reverse-Aging Billionaire Announces His Dick Finally as Small as Baby’s.”)

Comment

Say what you will about old Bryan, and theres a lot to be sad, but the man commits.
                                                                  This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                  All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                  The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                    Ozarks Tv show playing out in Tralee ???

Pictures circulating online of a certain prominent family getting arrested around the Crystal Meth seizure. Someone linked this tweet

He seemed to be well connected in political circles. Pictured with Simon Coveney, Michael McGrath, Enda Kenny, Sean Kelly.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post

What kind of thing would this be?
                                                                      I might answer the email when I figure that out! Havent a scooby about AI and optimising your factories isnt exactly the stuff that research dreams are made of.

Comment

Oh, that is just pure, untarnished gold:

does he not have his causation backwards here?

Comment

Bryan Johnson does not look youthful- what a dope
                                                                          Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Good and bad news Laz
                                                                            good news- WOTD playing Dublin in summer

bad news - it’s Marley park

very bad news- they are supporting kings of Leon

The band are coming to Dublin on their Can We Please Have Fun tour. Kings Of Leon and support The War On Drugs play Dublin on Saturday July 6th. Can We
                                                                            Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

If ya want a big micky rub it against someone you like. Its not rocket shaped science.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

does he not have his causation backwards here?
                                                                                Only one way to find out

Comment

Jaysus he never gave it rest
                                                                                  Always appeared a bit stressed
                                                                                  Favourite music was choir
                                                                                  Then his sex went on fire
                                                                                  Really, we all love our MysteryGuest

Comment

That Alaskan series of True Detective was tense.

And very good imo.

Comment

And very good imo.
                                                                                      You can't be serious
                                                                                      Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post

You can't be serious
                                                                                        John McEnroe, 1984.

Next!

Comment

And very good imo.
                                                                                          Lol. jesus.

It was so bad its incredible.

All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post
                                                                                            Bryan Johnson does not look youthful- what a dope
                                                                                            You know who does though!

This guy. (relatively).

This video is insane.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post

I might answer the email when I figure that out! Havent a scooby about AI and optimising your factories isnt exactly the stuff that research dreams are made of.
                                                                                              I was only asking in case the crystal meth thing doesn't work out

Comment

Theresa This will probably be of interest to you. In Gemini 1.5 (unreleased) it now has a huge context window so you can feed it up to 2 hour long video files and then discuss the video with it. This guy fed it a video of his workout and asked it to put together a rundown of his workout along with a form critique!!

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post

I was only asking in case the crystal meth thing doesn't work out
                                                                                                  Just 2 million for the pension fund, then Ill stop.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post

Lol. jesus.

It was so bad its incredible.
                                                                                                    Friend of mine said it was good (without being fantastic).

I have all 6 episodes recorded, my opinion of the Duke will go massively downhill if you are correct. I had him as a good judge

Comment

This guy. (relatively).

This video is insane.

That's not even close to other insane video of this guy (and others). Insanely rich, preaching Jesus, buying jets. Can't remember his name but his wiki page is very interesting i remember.

Basically brainwashing of people. To a degree worse than Trump IMO. which is kinda mad

Comment

Think I'll pick up an analogue phone Only got my first smart phone 10 years ago
                                                                                                        Would be great just to go sort of off grid for a bit

Comment

Missed the second video above. Yeah, that's on par with what i've seen before.

Comment

This guy. (relatively).

This video is insane.

Guy looks younger then Brian johnston and sharper than Biden/trump- like the cut of his jib

Comment

Comment

Bah...2nd in the nightly 8-game on stars for $500 on my debut. Whoever designed the structure to have 80 bb / 20 big bets heads up needs firing...nearly a bloody hour.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                                                                                                  Jaysus he never gave it rest
                                                                                                                  Always appeared a bit stressed
                                                                                                                  Favourite music was choir
                                                                                                                  Then his sex went on fire
                                                                                                                  Really, we all love our MysteryGuest
                                                                                                                  For a guy with such a short fuse
                                                                                                                  its seems I’m somewhat of a muse
                                                                                                                  Though the rhymes are all shit
                                                                                                                  Penned by snowflake halfwits
                                                                                                                  Only fit for my trademark abuse​

Comment

And very good imo.
                                                                                                                    I suspect some gender imbalance on the part of the writer.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

I suspect some gender imbalance on the part of the writer.
                                                                                                                      That was the premise of the entire season. It was female-dominated. Fargo did the same too with its most recent iteration.

Seems like some of the lads here can't handle a break from the stereotypes.

I was doubting myself but the Rotten Tomatoes and IMDB ratings back me up so back to the cheap seats with the naysayers.

Comment

That was the premise of the entire season. It was female-dominated. Fargo did the same too with its most recent iteration.

Seems like some of the lads here can't handle a break from the stereotypes.

I was doubting myself but the Rotten Tomatoes and IMDB ratings back me up so back to the cheap seats with the naysayers.
                                                                                                                        Is that the yoke with Jodie Foster? Gonna give it a spin next week or two - will report back

Comment

​​​​​​

I was getting threatening letters for ages from the TV licence inspector. Given that they were addressed to "dear occupant"
                                                                                                                          I felt safe enough with my non payment (criminal mastermind that I am)

Don't even have a TV now.

Apparently I am suppposed to submit a form declaring I don't have one to be officially exempt lol (and I'm not certain that it's enough to just not possess a TV, the fact there is the capability with a cable running into the apartment may be enough justification for them to want payment)

They can go suck balls to put it mildly

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X