• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
    ​​image.png
    WP

Comment

Did it reject the cans, or did it take them but not pay?

Also, what's the logic behind the requirement for them to be un damaged?

Surely they're crushed inside the machine for space??
      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

I assume by undamaged it means that the barcode needs to be fairly square on to be read. If there is a dent in the top/bottom that doesn't deform the cylindrical shape then I'd say it's fine, or even minor side damage as long as the barcode is intact. It's just to stop people crushing them and being mad that they can't get a refund then.

Comment

On the solar side of things, got a quote to day for a 10 panel setup with 5.1MW battery after grants (and extra for an ad outside the house for a while) of 9900. If I went without a battery, they'd only do 8 panels and while I didn't get a price, it'd probably be around 6k after reductions I'd say, but I'm totally guessing on that one.

Comment

In Denmark it's simple you turn up with any plastic bottle you get the cash. There are loads of people out and about collecting and returning them. Mind you a small bottle of water from a huxter shop will cost you near a fiver
            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post

I assume by undamaged it means that the barcode needs to be fairly square on to be read. If there is a dent in the top/bottom that doesn't deform the cylindrical shape then I'd say it's fine, or even minor side damage as long as the barcode is intact. It's just to stop people crushing them and being mad that they can't get a refund then.
              More sensible countries put the code on the bottom of the can.

Comment

Just spat it back out at me.

Comment

No more crushing cans one handed to the six million dollar man theme tune!

Are they doing it on glass bottles or just plastic?

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post
                    No more crushing cans one handed to the six million dollar man theme tune!

Are they doing it on glass bottles or just plastic?

Just drinks cans and plastic bottles for now.

Comment

another example, if it were needed, that execution matters so much more than the idea.
                      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

We all know that Musk is an absolute fraud but given all his bluster you'd have to think the buck stops with him on this one

Tesla is recalling 2.2 million vehicles, or nearly all of its electric vehicles in the US, due to incorrect font sizes on warning lights

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                          We all know that Musk is an absolute fraud but given all his bluster you'd have to think the buck stops with him on this one
                          "Recall" seems like an unfitting thing to call this though, right?
                          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Who does that for you?
                            Actually scratch that.

Forgot I have a bottle bank a 90 second walk from my gaff.

Comment

Struggling to feel all that engaged with the 6N after the RWC. Hopefully Crowley steps up.
                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

O'Mahoney off to a great start

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post

Where are you getting that 2-5am rate of 7c per unit? Most night rates I can see are 3x that. I did see one Electric Ireland one at 11c or so for 2 hours per night, but I just signed up to a new Bord Gais contract and their night rates are poor, 25c or so.
                                    "Black Friday" deal with BG - and this is before the recent discounts
                                    Attached Files

Comment

This is a weird game. I don't even think we're playing all that great.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                        This is a weird game. I don't even think we're playing all that great.
                                        We could get turned over very easily if they get the crowd onside....

Um never mind
                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

That's a terrible TMO call.

Comment

France were SO bad.

This obession with oversized gym freaks deservedly coming back to bite them.

Comment

sacré bleu

Comment

Allez Les Verts
                                                No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Ou est le Shraaaaaap?

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

"Black Friday" deal with BG - and this is before the recent discounts
                                                    actually looks like you can get vvv close to it still

Definitely don't need an actual EV to get these rates.
                                                    image.png

day 31.65
                                                    peak 44.14
                                                    night 23.87
                                                    ev 8.07

Comment

​​image.png
                                                      Had to steal this for my Frech colleagues this evening

Comment

France were SO bad.

This obession with oversized gym freaks deservedly coming back to bite them.
                                                        Our oversized man just more effective

Comment

Best player voluntarily not there so he can play in a far more prestigious competition
                                                          proper World Cup hangover after losing semi finals as hosts
                                                          they were a man down majority of game
                                                          Didn’t do it in paris
                                                          yet the pundits on virgin have us winning the World Cup if it was held next week
                                                          never change Irish rugby- roll on 2027
                                                          Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post
                                                            Best player voluntarily not there so he can play in a far more prestigious competition
                                                            proper World Cup hangover after losing semi finals as hosts
                                                            they were a man down majority of game
                                                            Didn’t do it in paris
                                                            yet the pundits on virgin have us winning the World Cup if it was held next week
                                                            never change Irish rugby- roll on 2027
                                                            What were you planning to post if Ireland lost? Tell us more about how the Virgin pundits make you feel.
                                                            Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post

Our oversized man just more effective
                                                              Point taken but they have some lads who'd be more skilled working the rope at a Vegas nightclub.

Comment

Who does that for you?
                                                                We are in Maynooth, all the bins companies offer it as an additional cost.

pro - not needing to go to bottle banks
                                                                con - every 2 months your neighbours can see just how much you drink.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

What were you planning to post if Ireland lost? Tell us more about how the Virgin pundits make you feel.
                                                                  would have gone with
                                                                  lol beaten by France without DuPont
                                                                  not even in paris
                                                                  french coming off a bigger World Cup hangover after losing home semi
                                                                  lil beaten by 14 men

No problem with Trimbs and shaggy
                                                                  Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post
                                                                    french coming off a bigger World Cup hangover after losing home semi
                                                                    Frenchies were beaten in quarter-finals by SA.
                                                                    (Important to get the technicalities correct when wumming, otherwise people nit-pick).

Comment

Ou est le Shraaaaaap?
                                                                      Hmmmm, hasn't posted since early November, and one of his last posts was talking about going into surgery that week. Did at least log-in in January though.
                                                                      Hopefully just saving it up for a photo of him and his new leg at the top of the Matterhorn.

Comment

Speaking of things French

​​​​​​wonder what she would
                                                                        make of today's youth!

Croix de Guerre

She faced the vanta night
                                                                        Afraid but unbowed
                                                                        To stand against the marching evil
                                                                        She vowed

Blood won freedom made,
                                                                        Through her courage then.

A warrior... Simone Sigouin​

Comment

The English mystery guest geezer be 'aving a laff after that performance.

Comment

It's a game of two halves, innit.

Comment

Some fun in Cardiff as 0-27 turns to 26-27 with plenty of time to go.

Comment

Mostly I am wondering why Willem Dafoe is at the match.

Judging by the look on his face, he's thinking the same thing!

Comment

Some fun in Cardiff as 0-27 turns to 26-27 with plenty of time to go.
                                                                                  Apropos of the chat about Blackpool last week, I found Cardiff to be one of the grimmest places I've ever visited.

People were pretty sound though.

Comment

Apropos of the chat about Blackpool last week, I found Cardiff to be one of the grimmest places I've ever visited.

People were pretty sound though.
                                                                                    Oh, it's a proper, proper shithole.

Comment

Stumbled upon a Norm Macdonald appearance I hadn't seen before ( I thought I'd seen everything ). Canadia's besties

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Our Finkel gone to the dogs.
                                                                                        RICHIE TAKES OVER AT ENNISCORTHY (grireland.ie)

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

Frenchies were beaten in quarter-finals by SA.
                                                                                          (Important to get the technicalities correct when wumming, otherwise people nit-pick).
                                                                                          Think I get a pass- it felt like a semi-final

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                                                            Stumbled upon a Norm Macdonald appearance I hadn't seen before ( I thought I'd seen everything ). Canadia's besties

The phrase 'twinkly-eyed' could have been invented for him.

Comment

Was going to head to Leopardstown today but glad I didn't after seeing that farce of a two WPM runner Grade 1. Clearly the greatest trainer of all time but his domination of the sport here is too much and taking away a lot of the enjoyment imo. This is supposed to be one of the big showcase events in Irish NH racing and it's basically a set of WPM pre-Cheltenham trials. Boring.

You could make the same comment about APOB on the flat but even his dominance isn't as extreme imo.

Over to GAB for informed commentary.

Comment

Finance worker pays out $25 million after video call with deepfake ‘chief financial officer’

A finance worker at a multinational firm was tricked into paying out $25 million to fraudsters using deepfake technology to pose as the company’s chief financial officer in a video conference call, according to Hong Kong police.

The elaborate scam saw the worker duped into attending a video call with what he thought were several other members of staff, but all of whom were in fact deepfake recreations, Hong Kong police said at a briefing on Friday.

“(In the) multi-person video conference, it turns out that everyone [he saw] was fake,” senior superintendent Baron Chan Shun-ching told the city’s public broadcaster RTHK.

Comment

The Apple Vision Pro looks like really impressive tech. I guess it would want to at almost $4k. They have targeted more the mixed reality market than the VR one. Some of the same problems remain in regards headset bulk, battery life etc but they have made some huge leaps in terms of the visuals. The screens inside it are suppose to be better to look at than any screen you can buy for your home and you can make all sorts of sick setups. There is a demo video of guy with a main sports stream and then 8 other games around it on different screens.

The mad thing is that loads of videos have surfaces of people wearing them out and about, cooking, at the gym because you can still see the real world but augment it with things like timers over the pots in your kitchen, a movie on the train etc. It does feel when they sort out some of the problems along with bringing the price down many will choose to augment the world with mixed reality. It feels cool and also quite dystopian given the the solidarity nature of wearing this kind of tech.

Last edited by Opr; 05-02-24, 12:42.

Comment

Just wait until the hard working genius materials scientists working on sorting out the red micro-LED get their shit together. I mean its not exactly seeing which cans a recycling machine will accept, but its still a big deal.

Comment

Just wait until the hard working genius materials scientists working on sorting out the red micro-LED get their shit together. I mean its not exactly seeing which cans a recycling machine will accept, but its still a big deal.
                                                                                                      Had a google and read this. So there is a good chance we will see massive visual advancements along with the ability to bring the tech closer to resembling wearing a normal pair of glasses? That is pretty crazy to think about and would be a complete game changer for both AR and VR.

Comment

Not sure that will be the material to get it done...the other companies are taking a different approach, but yes, the idea is eventually you could have a pair of regular specs projecting directly into your eye using things called pin mirrors and other optical trickery.

Comment

All of Us Strangers is wonderful as others have already said. I somehow managed to pair it afterwards with a fairly heavy episode of the Louis Theroux podcast in which he interviews Nick Cave.

Great interview though and I could listen to Louis and Nick talk for many more hours.

Comment

Are deliveroo delivery guys suicidal or something or is it that they are hoping for a non fatal injury and launch a law suit.
                                                                                                            Had another lemming just serve across the path of my car from the oncoming lane with no indication of any kind, just abrupt change of direction across me.
                                                                                                            Obviously braked and went around the back of him which saved him a broken leg and saved me from getting hit by the BMW behind me who was a bit too close.

Happening far to frequently this sort of utterly insanely reckless shenanigans from bikes/ebikes/scooters

Licences/tests/insurance for all road users or fuck off and get the bus.

Comment

Is there any bet more frustrating than backing a golfer who gets into contention in the tourny and they cancel the last day.

Comment

I found it surprising to learn that a huge number of illegals entering America at the border are Chinese. It must be a pretty good indicator of how bad things really are in parts of China compared to what we are getting sold.

Last edited by Opr; 05-02-24, 17:32.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                                                  The Apple Vision Pro looks like really impressive tech. I guess it would want to at almost $4k. They have targeted more the mixed reality market than the VR one. Some of the same problems remain in regards headset bulk, battery life etc but they have made some huge leaps in terms of the visuals. The screens inside it are suppose to be better to look at than any screen you can buy for your home and you can make all sorts of sick setups. There is a demo video of guy with a main sports stream and then 8 other games around it on different screens.

The mad thing is that loads of videos have surfaces of people wearing them out and about, cooking, at the gym because you can still see the real world but augment it with things like timers over the pots in your kitchen, a movie on the train etc. It does feel when they sort out some of the problems along with bringing the price down many will choose to augment the world with mixed reality. It feels cool and also quite dystopian given the the solidarity nature of wearing this kind of tech.

Haralabos has had that TV setup for years

Comment

Looking forward to the videos of lads wearing these getting robbed

These companies are just going out of their way to ruin fucking everything

I see the owner of the largest paedophile facilitation website in the world actually had to answer a few questions about it in the US senate last week- nothing will happen obviously

Comment

You will enjoy this - When dead children are just the price of doing business, Zuckerberg’s apology is empty.

From what I have read and listened to though since his appearance, it seems there is real appetite to repeal section 230. My understanding is that would make the social platforms liable ​for anything that gets published by them. That feels like a stretch to think would ever happen given the corrupt system and the amount of wheels Meta probably greases but maybe the hands out on the other side that think they can bury them in lawsuits for huge figures is enough incentive to get it done.
                                                                                                                      He is promising to open source the most powerful AI ever built so lets not throw him to the wolves just yet

Comment

I found it surprising to learn that a huge number of illegals entering America at the border are Chinese. It must be a pretty good indicator of how bad things really are in parts of China compared to what we are getting sold.

Don't be silly. Comrade Hitch tells us everything is amazing in China and it's a great place to live.

Comment

Cool story behind the first poker solver. It has been confirmed by the high stakes guys that bought it back in 2013, two years before PIO was released. Some random kid who had a maths degree and was grinding low stakes came across some theorical papers and turned them into the first solver.

How I created a poker solver and made $500k at the age of 23
                                                                                                                          Last edited by Opr; 06-02-24, 14:17.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X