Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leslie Mc Lean RIP

Hi All,

It's been a while but I wanted to post here first as I know my Grandfather had many great friends on here.

After a two week battle with Covid, and after suffering a severe stroke in August '19 he sadly passed away in the early hours.

It would be very comforting for myself and family members if you would share any good stories about Leslie "Loose Me The Money" Mc Lean here. We'll get a page up on RIP.ie shortly and will post a link.

Thanks,
    Stephen.
    International Poker Open 2017 online satellites available on GG Poker. Visit www.internationalpokeropen.ie for more details.

The IPO is one of Europe's biggest, longest running and most enjoyable live poker festivals with huge prize-pools every year.

Sorry for your loss.
    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Very sorry to hear that Stephen. A much loved gent. Rip.
      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Sorry to hear . A pleasure to play with always in good form Genuinely lifted the spirits seeing him at a table. No agenda but to take yer chips and the craic.

Comment

Condolences Stephen, lovely fella. Remember him from the Fitz (I seem to remember he was a tailor at some point in his life?)

Remember he taught me the hard way about tells.
          Bluffed the flop...Leslie calls
          bluffed turn...call
          river blank...Leslie looks disgusted and gets ready to throw his cards in...
          I bluff...he calls instantly with top pair.. lol

RIP.

Comment

Sorry for your loss Stephen.

Comment

Sorry for your loss Stephen. Condolences to you, your Mam, Dad & rest of the family

Comment

He was a lovely fella and it was always a good atmosphere at his table. He just loved to play the game. He was proud of you. I remember in the Regency festival he'd be jibber jabbering to players either side of him and in the same breath he'd be raising his head up in his seat scanning the floor to see how you were getting on TD'ing.

Comment

Condolences Stephen. I know how proud he was of you and you of him. RIP.

Comment

My sincerest and heartfelt condolances to you, Alan, Patty, Denise & all your extended family.

Leslie brought joy and happiness to so many, I loved the craic that he always brought to a table, yet he would worry me to have him sit at my table because he had a habit of doing the wrong thing at the right time and getting unbelievably lucky and cracking great hands

he was gentle, thoughtful and kind hearted but had no problem taking all your chips yet it never hurt as much when he did it rather than someone else.

in explaining a bizarre call he made, he said that people should remember that there are as many 2's & 3's in a deck as kings or aces
                    he said it as if he was imparting many years of knowledge and being kind to me in giving away that gem, with sincerity too
                    I still dont know if he was bluffing me or not.

it has saddened me greatly to hear of his passing
                    Phil, Victor & Jack have all expressed condolances to you all

a true gent, will be missed by many

the irish poker scene will have a seat that cant be filled

DW

Comment

I've just seen this. I've met a few of the McClean clan in poker over the years, but none as crazy as Leslie! Trying to talk his way into getting all your chips was far more effective a tactic for him than you'd have thought it should be, and boy could he talk! Condolences to you all. I usually enjoyed chatting to him at the tables, although wasn't as fond of the run of the hands as he declared "loose me your chips" while raking in pots with my chips in them.

Comment

Working...
                      X