Official WSOP 2020 ONLINE Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Opr View Post

So I make this .6 so would be my 10% to your 6%. I am not even sure if that is fair or how these differences are worked out. Let me know if you wanna go head or think it should be different. No sweat if you don't as I understand the chance of you cashing is higher.
    Your 2.5% to my 1.5% if that works for you? Sorry just saw im still on circa 365k avg 372k

Comment

Originally posted by Irisheman View Post

Your 2.5% to my 1.5% if that works for you? Sorry just saw im still on circa 365k avg 372k
      See above. I am gone. Man, I can't count the number of huge equity spots that have gone against me on GG. Just to win one would be nice.

Comment

See above. I am gone. Man, I can't count the number of huge equity spots that have gone against me on GG. Just to win one would be nice.
        Sorry man I hadn't seen the previous msg when I saw the notification of a tag - i miss the old IPB format lol

Comment

Sorry man I hadn't seen the previous msg when I saw the notification of a tag - i miss the old IPB format lol
          No problem. I shoved AK from the SB over a late open and the BB wakes up with JJ. I could have folded into the money looking at the bubble already about to burst which hurts but fuck I can't do much in that spot. Almost 1k for a min-cash too. Very best of luck to you.

Still have Day 2 of the 100 opener at 8.30 to find out what wonderful way I can bubble that

Comment

No problem. I shoved AK from the SB over a late open and the BB wakes up with JJ. I could have folded into the money looking at the bubble already about to burst which hurts but fuck I can't do much in that spot. Almost 1k for a min-cash too. Very best of luck to you.

Still have Day 2 of the 100 opener at 8.30 to find out what wonderful way I can bubble that
            Thanks man. Shit that really sucks. Those sort of spots in equity are such a bummer. Run well in the Opener, i huffed and puffed but couldn't build a big stack in that at all

Comment

Shit that really sucks. Those sort of spots in equity are a bummer. Run well in the Opener, i huffed and puffed but couldnt build a big stack in that
              Yep, gotta run well when you have these spots. Even got unlucky with the fact the guy in the BB is a crusher with nearly half a mill in earnings on the site meant he was never folding but I think a huge amount of the field would have in that spot. I'll stop the woe is me. Gonna sun run this thing later.

Comment

Make sure to keep the updates coming Irishman to let us know how you are getting on. Is anyone else left in anything tonight that posts here?

Comment

Well, I didn't bubble this one. Just above the 10bb mark though now. So need to run like the sun.

Comment

Holy shit. I call a min-raise in the bb with 6,10 suited from the button. Flop trips on 665 and he turns a K with KK. I don't know. Feel like I have some hex voodoo on me. Gonzo obviously.

Comment

Bust in 1089th for $1011. Sick enough equity spot. Playing off circa 22bbs on the SB we have AJo. Cutoff (German reg) rips 9.6bbs and we rejam off the SB, BB insta snaps (playing off 40bbs).

Its our AJo Vs 1010's (BB) Vs A4o (CO) for like 55bbs in the middle which would be like 1.6 x avg if we get there.

Bummer.

Comment

Holy shit. I call a min-raise in the bb with 6,10 suited from the button. Flop trips on 665 and he turns a K with KK. I don't know. Feel like I have some hex voodoo on me. Gonzo obviously.
                        UL man - back on the bike on the sattys - great value in them. Disappointing they have nothing on tonight really other than the bracelet stuff I guess understandable after last weekends kick off lol

Comment

UL man - back on the bike on the sattys - great value in them. Disappointing they have nothing on tonight really other than the bracelet stuff I guess understandable after last weekends kick off lol
                          I am thankful they don't. I am in no frame of mind to start firing again tonight. A bottle of wine is calling to try and forget this day ever happened.

Unlucky yourself. Those spots equity wise don't bear thinking about. I forget what podcast I was listening to but it was a very well regarded pro talking about the equivalent stakes of cash games you are essentially playing when you get to the later stages of these tournaments being like playing 25/50 and getting higher all the time in terms of equity pots but most people don't see that when playing.

Have to say I have had lots of fun getting back into after all this time but man I feel like I am damaging my soul at points over the last couple of week, lol

Edit - It was Daniel Dvoress.
                          Last edited by Opr; 26-07-20, 20:45.

Comment

Anyone playing on GG today? I am having an awful time with the client. The windows keep appearing dark on tables. Just a black screen. I am losing the ability to bet/fold/raise on other tables. I keep having to shut the client down and open it again.

Comment

Played the three Silk Road sats today. Finished top 20 in 500 runner field and 700 runners field but bricked the places for the tickets. I can't blame run bad as I made two awful blunders towards the end in both but still in the final one which had 900 runners and currently 45/70 left with 7 $1500 tickets up top. Need some run good from here.

And I am gone 99 no good against AQ
                              Last edited by Opr; 27-07-20, 21:10.

Comment

Played the three Silk Road sats today. Finished top 20 in 500 runner field and 700 runners field but bricked the places for the tickets. I can't blame run bad as I made two awful blunders towards the end in both but still in the final one which had 900 runners and currently 45/70 left with 7 $1500 tickets up top. Need some run good from here.

And I am gone 99 no good against AQ
                                Savage deep runs there tbf - they are well structured too and worth multiple bullets as once youve a decent tank post LR your in a good spot.

Comment

Anyone playing on GG today? I am having an awful time with the client. The windows keep appearing dark on tables. Just a black screen. I am losing the ability to bet/fold/raise on other tables. I keep having to shut the client down and open it again.
                                  Was OK today bar first weekend no issues

Comment

Savage deep runs there tbf - they are well structured too and worth multiple bullets as once youve a decent tank post LR your in a good spot.
                                    The deep play at the start is where I have a massive edge. I am splashing around like crazy trying to build stacks as most of the players don't have a clue what they are doing deep.

There is a stage in the tournaments though where I really don't know what I am doing. After I have built the stack I go into this kind of preservation mode waiting on hands thinking I have already done the hard work not wanting to take too many high variance spots. I have only learned by playing that you can't really do that as when the stacks shallow out you are going to be forced to start taking those spots anyway if you don't get hit in the face with the deck.

I prefer the stepped approach to try to get into the bigger buyins rather than these massive runner fields but I am playing them as they are great for the experience of that type of tournament

Comment

Does LSD 'Something' or other post here? I seen him in the ME Sat last night, Irish and see he bagged a seat.

Comment

Ship the $1500 Millionaire Maker ticket. Undecided if I am gonna play the ticket.

Comment

Winner's tilt is real. I just fired the two most ridiculous bullets in the $20 Silk Road ME Sat. Including calling with K high on a river after I bluffed flop, turn and then he shoved into me on the river. He of course has a full house.

Time for a few drinks. Still have a few more $100 tickets for Million Maker Sats. I'll fire them tomorrow to try and bag another ticket and then decide if I should jump into the event itself. Little reticent as this whole winning tickets jazz doesn't translate to cash if you are constantly firing high and bricking.

Comment

Winner's tilt is real. I just fired the two most ridiculous bullets in the $20 Silk Road ME Sat. Including calling with K high on a river after I bluffed flop, turn and then he shoved into me on the river. He of course has a full house.

Time for a few drinks. Still have a few more $100 tickets for Million Maker Sats. I'll fire them tomorrow to try and bag another ticket and then decide if I should jump into the event itself. Little reticent as this whole winning tickets jazz doesn't translate to cash if you are constantly firing high and bricking.
                                            Whats the best route for getting into MM via Sat route? Might give it a spin tonight...

Are the biggest Sats $100, so 1/15 or so?
                                            Last edited by Dice75; 01-08-20, 19:04.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Whats the best route for getting into MM via Sat route? Might give it a spin tonight...

Are the biggest Sats $100, so 1/15 or so?
                                              Deleted
                                              Last edited by Opr; 03-08-20, 19:01.

Comment

I don't know what was going on in this early hand in the sat. I open AK UTG and the small blind shoves for 35bb with 2,5 off.

Shouting at the river, not like this, not like fucking this, pleaseeeeeeeeeee

Comment

I don't know what was going on in this early hand in the sat. I open AK UTG and the small blind shoves for 35bb with 2,5 off.

Shouting at the river, not like this, not like fucking this, pleaseeeeeeeeeee

https://i.ibb.co/jh2zLrs/MadStuff.png
                                                  Maybe, like me, he just went to click on your link but a table popped up quickly and, like me, he just called off a cold 5 bet pre in a hand he wasnt even involved in with 94o. and is now chip leader. Lol.

Stupid Guinness, stupid game

Comment

Bricked both sats today. The degen in me still really wants to jump in but I think the better half of me will win out not least because I am a little sick of the pokers and could do with a break. Not really played well today at all.

Comment

btw I have seen both the Upswing and RYE tournament courses. The Upswing guy is probably the most unengaging instructor that I have ever seen. I couldn't watch more than 10 minutes. The RYE course is far better structured, a good instructor and the content is alright. I only skimmed it though as it all still feels quite basic. I mean for someone who is only getting into poker it will give you a good decent structure of a gameplan but for the money, they are charging it is scandalous. The only thing I found useful was the ranges being nailed in certain shallow spots. Beyond that, though there was very little if no high-level stuff in it that I felt was teaching me anything new or surprising.

Comment

On training stuff. I thought this was a pretty good review by BBZ on a tournament that one of the Irish guys played. I guess if you want to get better nowadays you really need to put the work in with PIO and I am sure as hell not going down that road.

Comment

There is a GTO training thing I have been using. It has been great for plugging some obvious leaks. The spots it does at the moment are quite limited. For me, the big one is far too much c-betting OOP when shallow. The bot plays extremely passively OOP when less than 30bb deep even as the PFR and protects it range really well by c/r strong draws along with other things. It seems a clever strategy. Especially in the games I play where people are always trying to outplay in position.

It is hard though when you don't understand what it is doing much of time without the background study. I found this really interesting and can't figure out why this is the correct line. Raise on the button to 2.2x 100bb's effective. The BB 3bets to 8.8 and you defend with Q,10. I forget the suits but no flush draws on the flop it was monotone. The bot leads for 1/3 pot and you are supposed to raise and call shoves on a Q,5,6 monotone board?
                                                          Last edited by Opr; 03-08-20, 13:41.

Comment

On training stuff. I thought this was a pretty good review by BBZ on a tournament that one of the Irish guys played. I guess if you want to get better nowadays you really need to put the work in with PIO and I am sure as hell not going down that road.

While studying on PIO obviously helps, I believe that for tournaments tools like HRC are much more important as the most costly mistakes are made in the last stage of tournaments when the big money are the line and therefore mastering 10/20/30bbs play is way more important than a 100bb play at the start of a tournament with a often a very small EV difference between different actions. Obviously if you also play cash games getting PIO makes a lot of sense, but wouldn't be my first choice for MTT.
                                                            There are also some other good tools to study on you may want to have a look (if you are not already using them):
                                                            DTO is the Ultimate All-In-One Tool for MTT & Cash Game players ♠ Study GTO Poker Strategies with the highest quality GTO solutions on the market.

Teach and learn poker by the first interactive hand replayer! Access real tournaments played by top professionals and test your poker skills!
                                                            "Poker isn’t about default strategies, it’s about exploiting your opponent's bad tendencies"

Comment

Originally posted by ViperEyeIRL View Post

While studying on PIO obviously helps, I believe that for tournaments tools like HRC are much more important as the most costly mistakes are made in the last stage of tournaments when the big money are the line and therefore mastering 10/20/30bbs play is way more important than a 100bb play at the start of a tournament with a often a very small EV difference between different actions. Obviously if you also play cash games getting PIO makes a lot of sense, but wouldn't be my first choice for MTT.
                                                              There are also some other good tools to study on you may want to have a look (if you are not already using them):
                                                              DTO is the Ultimate All-In-One Tool for MTT & Cash Game players ♠ Study GTO Poker Strategies with the highest quality GTO solutions on the market.

https://checkdecide.com/
                                                              Thanks. Yeah, that DTO thing is actually the GTO bot I am on about in the post above yours and posted the hand from. Ah, I am not going to be getting into them seriously. I am not cut out from a mental fortitude point of view to play these things. The variance is insane. I am on a big downswing the last few days and I tilted pretty bad last night. I have a load of dollars now tied up in the site which are T$ from tickets that I am going to have to play through which is a pity as I am not really enjoying it now. I think I'll leave them and play some big Sunday sessions during the rest of the year.

The client doesn't help things. I would say I needed to restart it about 10 times last night while playing. Every table I was at players timing out all over the place.
                                                              Last edited by Opr; 06-08-20, 20:07.

Comment

I'd say I have fired double the cost of the ticket for the $150 1 Mil guarantee today in the $10 dollars sats. Bricking left and right and never get anything going.

The $1 sat with 1800 runners and 16 tickets ends up being the one

Edit - I completely miscalculated in this and sat out way too early. There are only 11 tickets with the other 5 places small cash prizes. Should be alright though currently 5/16.
                                                                Last edited by Opr; 09-08-20, 16:58.

Comment

Well, that was an early bath. You know when everything on the turn tells you to fold and somehow you still click the call button. Stupid brain.

GL to anyone still in and playing.

Comment

Just bubbled a 5k ticket. 5 left 4 tickets. BB shoves 6,10 and I call. We are the two shortest stacks and he rivers a 6. Can someone recommend a good rope company?

Comment

Just bubbled a 5k ME ticket. 5 left 4 tickets. SB shoves 6,10 and I call AK in BB. We are the two shortest stacks and he rivers a 6. Can someone recommend a good rope company?
                                                                      Last edited by Opr; 28-08-20, 00:43.

Comment

On the bubble of another sat. 2.5k for the bubble person so this won't hurt as much.

Comment

In the ME. Auto registered at level 4. One time and all that please....

Comment

And that was fun AK into 88's pre and can't win flip. Dream fulfilled.

Poker can go fuck itself again
                                                                            Last edited by Opr; 28-08-20, 20:55.

Comment

#98
                                                                              Question, two tables just now left in an MTT and I am in the BB. Player busts during this hand to mean we are down to 9 and forming the final table. I get placed in the BB again on the final table. Is that a thing? The one BB was massively important as I was down to 4bb with 3 5K WSOP packages up top and 2.5 and 1k for 4 and fifth. Stacks are all in the 10bb range so one double and I am back in it but by the time the blinds pass through me again, it was obviously huge hit.
                                                                              Last edited by Opr; 29-08-20, 23:45.

Comment

#99
                                                                                <Top of the Pops voice> And now, just released today as convincing evidence they're that the best band in the land, is a video taken from last year's Vicar St. shows in Dublin, Ireland... here's Girls Band with Shoulderblades <ends Top of the Pops voice>

Comment

I think you are in the wrong thread, Benny, although the Girl Band video is pretty awesome. Do you know anything about my BB question

Comment

Haha.. oh crap. I am. Cheers Opr.

Comment

Question, two tables just now left in an MTT and I am in the BB. Player busts during this hand to mean we are down to 9 and forming the final table. I get placed in the BB again on the final table. Is that a thing? The one BB was massively important as I was down to 4bb with 3 5K WSOP packages up top and 2.5 and 1k for 4 and fifth. Stacks are all in the 10bb range so one double and I am back in it but by the time the blinds pass through me again, it was obviously huge hit.
                                                                                      Yeah, Wherever you were in the previous table is irrlelevant. It's just bad luck unfortunately.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                      X