Official WSOP 2020 ONLINE Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Official WSOP 2020 ONLINE Thread

I am creating this thread to discuss WSOP Online events, deep runs, etc. I guess a lot more IPBers will play this year as no travelling is required. This thread could also be used as a reference to buy/sell pieces for pretty much every event (it can easily be done through the GG Poker client) and share a sweat if someone goes deep in a tourney. Good luck to all playing!
    "Poker isn’t about default strategies, it’s about exploiting your opponent's bad tendencies"

GL all. Bullet 2 at the $100 opener at 7pm tonight and give the $400 Colossus a spin next weekend hopefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
      GL all. Bullet 2 at the $100 opener at 7pm tonight and give the $400 Colossus a spin next weekend hopefully.
      Good luck! I already fired 4 bullets in the 100$ Opener and didn't make it to Day 2. On top of that my poker laptop died this morning (not sure if that's a bad thing though). Looking good so far!
      "Poker isn’t about default strategies, it’s about exploiting your opponent's bad tendencies"

Comment

Made day 2 of the opener. Only 20bb. I haven't played tournaments in years. I have been playing like a lunatic in big runner small buyin fields trying to put myself in as many tough spots as possible to get a feel for things. Deep I am fine as I have played cash for years. 10-20bb stacks I have a decent idea of what is going on. 20-60bb stack range I am all at sea most of the time.

One thing I have learned is that people don't fold. You need to be very value heavy and fuck balance. Although I am sure that changes in bigger buyins.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
          Made day 2 of the opener. Only 20bb. I haven't played tournaments in years. I have been playing like a lunatic in big runner small buyin fields trying to put myself in as many tough spots as possible to get a feel for things. Deep I am fine as I have played cash for years. 10-20bb stacks I have a decent idea of what is going on. 20-60bb stack range I am all at sea most of the time.

One thing I have learned is that people don't fold. You need to be very value heavy and fuck balance. Although I am sure that changes in bigger buyins.
          good luck on Day 2, 20bb are plenty!

Comment

Originally posted by ViperEyeIRL View Post

good luck on Day 2, 20bb are plenty!
            Thanks, also playing the $500 super sat tomorrow for a ME ticket. One time, please. I have a ticket for the $400 PLO opener. I am in two minds whether to play it or let it get converted to T$ as I am a huge, huge PLO fish. Feels like burning money but would be a very fun gamble.

Comment

Is there any way to disable that slow motion river when players are all in. Tilting the bejaysus outta me.

Comment

Is there any way to disable that slow motion river when players are all in. Tilting the bejaysus outta me.
                I don't think you can turn it off.

Comment

Only copped after my ropey river call and saw the custom Avatar its the real Elky at my table. Assumed it was some donkey using his screename

Comment

Best feature of the software, no better feeling than to start turning the river, see that you hit your 3 outer, put the card back and let it take the full 5 seconds or so to turn over completely

Comment

btw There is a good shortish video here with Dara who used to post here on the basics of sat strategy to give some fundamentals for those playing them. From what I have observed and some of the stupid punting I did myself in them before looking into the strat a bit more. They are insanely soft in general on GG at the moment for all the events.

Comment

Bryn Kenney at my table

Comment

Disconnected, wonderful. I can't count on two hands the numbers of times I have been disconnected over the last 2 days.

Comment

It's a GG problem I think, I just logged in and took forever to open the client, tournaments have now been paused. Great timing!

Comment

It's a GG problem I think, I just logged in and took forever to open the client, tournaments have now been paused. Great timing!
                              Thanks, just got logged back in. Looks like the start to the final day of the opener has broken the software. The client has been extremely buggy for me. Just randomly shutting down completely and disconnecting me all over the place. I guess they have never had numbers like this before on the site.

Edit - Ha, disconnected again just after the first-hand resumes. This is a joke. Why resume if it is not stable?
                              Last edited by Opr; 19-07-20, 18:19.

Comment

This is horrible, have the 1,111 open waiting to start (hopefully they cancel it and give refund because I basically can't play, software keeps crashing and now I can't even login), in the Master I am getting blinded out. Hope to at least manage to login and unregister from the other tournaments, I am already tilted and haven't even played a single hand

Comment

This is horrible, have the 1,111 open waiting to start (hopefully they cancel it and give refund because I basically can't play, software keeps crashing and now I can't even login), in the Master I am getting blinded out. Hope to at least manage to login and unregister from the other tournaments, I am already tilted and haven't even played a single hand
                                  That's is me done with playing anything big buyin wise.

Comment

Best feature of the software, no better feeling than to start turning the river, see that you hit your 3 outer, put the card back and let it take the full 5 seconds or so to turn over completely
                                    Ya

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

Comment

What the hell. That is a little disconcerting.

Comment

WTF

Comment

OMG that hurt. AA all in preflop for a top 20 chip stack with 37 tickets. He rivers a straight with the 99

Still in but only 10bb
                                          Last edited by Opr; 19-07-20, 19:51.

Comment

Out of the ME sat. Double in the 100 opener. That hand in the sat is going to haunt my dreams tonight. Time for a walk before I tilt it away in the 100.

Comment

Comment

Looks like they have cancelled tournaments until next week. Shambles. I have the day off tomorrow to play this thing.

Comment

@ionapaul What percentage are you paying in the opener?

There was a total of 29,603 entrants. At a 13% payout that would mean 3850 players get paid which would mean the bubble had already bust considering I think there were only 3700 players left when play was stopped yesterday. The client/lobby was so messed up it was hard to work out what the payouts were and the tournament seems to have disappeared from the lobby today.

Comment

@ionapaul What percentage are you paying in the opener?

There was a total of 29,603 entrants. At a 13% payout that would mean 3850 players get paid which would mean the bubble had already bust considering I think there were only 3700 players left when play was stopped yesterday. The client/lobby was so messed up it was hard to work out what the payouts were and the tournament seems to have disappeared from the lobby today.
                                                    Opr check their twitter account the deets were there on Saturday/Sunday I seem to remember it being 3200ish paid with a min cash of 282 couldn't swear to those numbers but you should be able to find it easily enough yourself on Twitter.

Comment

3039 paid min cash 282 up top 266 bags

Comment

Thanks, I thought I seen 3700 paid at one stage in the lobby, and then it was 3000 at another stage. So by your figures, they are paying just over 10%. Seems quite low for such a large field.
                                                        Last edited by Opr; 20-07-20, 14:45.

Comment

btw, does anyone know what is the theory/idea behind the min-click 3bet in position? I have seen really good players doing it but I don't really understand what it is about?

Comment

Thanks, I thought I seen 3700 paid at one stage in the lobby, and then it was 3000 at another stage. So by your figures, they are paying just over 10%. Seems quite low for such a large field.
                                                            They're not my figures they're GG figures from Twitter feed

Comment

btw, does anyone know what is the theory/idea behind the min-click 3bet in position? I have seen really good players doing it but I don't really understand what it is about?
                                                              I don't remember, but let me go through the 2010 manual to check

Comment

I don't remember, but let me go through the 2010 manual to check
                                                                I am just ignoring it.

The whole landscape of small raises for someone who played cash for years deep is fucking fantastic. Getting to continuation bet range small. Alright if this is the GTO way then that is cool but it just so happens to gives the better players more edge and leaves the bad players even more exposed. It is quite funny. I do need to do a lot of work on playing out of and against the blinds. It is not something that was a thing years ago.

Comment

I am just ignoring it.

The whole landscape of small raises for someone who played cash for years deep is fucking fantastic. Getting to continuation bet range small. Alright if this is the GTO way then that is cool but it just so happens to gives the better players more edge and leaves the bad players even more exposed. It is quite funny. I do need to do a lot of work on playing out of and against the blinds. It is not something that was a thing years ago.
                                                                  personally when I see a player min-3betting i just mark him as a fish, unless i have further info (which I usually don't as i am quite distracted when i play unless i go deep )

Comment

No worries yw.How badly affected by the outage were you ? Still got your 20BB I hope

Comment

Originally posted by limpwhacker View Post

No worries yw.How badly affected by the outage were you ? Still got your 20BB I hope
                                                                      I actually doubled during the shitshow. I was down to about 15bb at the time so I start back with about 30bb.

To be honest it was the $500 Sat that really annoyed me and they haven't bothered to comp anything to players in it. I got disconnected about 4-5 times during play in it. I am not sure how many hands I lost in that time if any but man it was so fucking tilting at the time. Broke a decent pair of headphones

Then losing the majority of my chips the way I did was the icing on the cake, lol.

Comment

I actually doubled during the shitshow. I was down to about 15bb at the time so I start back with about 30bb.

To be honest it was the $500 Sat that really annoyed me and they haven't bothered to comp anything to players in it. I got disconnected about 4-5 times during play in it. I am not sure how many hands I lost in that time if any but man it was so fucking tilting at the time. Broke a decent pair of headphones

Then losing the majority of my chips the way I did was the icing on the cake, lol.
                                                                        I hear you and why I chinned it out party. Was four Tabling the 50 quid double or nothing on party was on bubble in 2 chippy 1/4 ,,1/4
                                                                        ​​​​3/5 and 4 if 6 in them . Get disconnected and in just in time to see my 1bb brick out a river with 17 outs. Cue cheap android phone getting thrown at the wall until the tilt died or more accurately until I sat back and filled a big green delicious joint ant laughed . For all. Stats people it is possible to get 57 different components off a cheap android.

Comment

Fun hand of the day!

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

Comment

Does it remind anyone else of the old Victor Chandler (VC) poker site back in like early 2000's the wall the cards present etc?

Comment

#39
                                                                              Jesus these satellites - as referenced in this thread def worth playing but keep hitting crossbars. Really tilting thing is how all the good sattys are on during the day like the $50 BI's/$100'[s for the bracelet events and then very few of these in the evenings - it would be great to sort that out and offer more of these for the 9-5'ers

Comment

#40
                                                                                I am an average player at best but feel the need to respond and let you know about a hand I min 3 bet with 10 4 os on the button. Playing on pokio at 50/1 both playing circa 300bb deep. Utg player whose username I know but he doesn't know it's me he opens 3x with kq suited i min 3 bet. I allow it to be checked to the river cos I want him to see my hand. 3 or 4 hands later I pay him off a tenner on the river with bottom pair which I know can't possibly win but it reinforces the fact that I'm a fish in his head. 2 or 3 orbits later my man opens with 10s I 3 bet 88 he 4 bets I call. Flop comes 842 rainbow he leads I min raise and he whacks it all in. Against any one else at the table he doesn't do his stack in but because I had created a lovely fishy image in his head he assumed his overpair was miles in front when actually he was in a world of hurt. I held for a change and won a nice pot. I asked him a couple of days later had he come across this player username just me which was actually me. His response verbatim " don't talk to me he's the greatest fish of all time that cunt 3 bet me with 10 4 off once and then got lucky on m
                                                                                ​​​​​10 10. V 88 for a big pot. After I stopped laughing which took a while I said to him I couldn't agree more he's the biggest fish ever but you'll never believe this I found out who he is . I said to him you're never going to believe who it is. He goes who is he cmon whacker ya have to tell me. I said are you sure you want to know. He goes yeah yeah tell has he got a decent bankroll cos if he has I'm taking it off him cos that cunt is the nut worst I've come across in twenty years of playing. At this point I owned up and confessed it was me. I learnt swear words I'd never heard in the minutes that followed needless to say. Makes me lol now just thinking about it. 1-0 whacker

Comment

#41
                                                                                  In the $400 Colossus flight tonight. Just had a very tense sat bubble to grab the ticket.

Comment

#42
                                                                                    On life support at the moment a couple of levels before day 2. Had a good shot for a very decent stack but JJ no good against A2 from the squeezer all in pre. The mental fortitude you need to play these things for a living must be massive

Edit - Gonzo
                                                                                    Last edited by Opr; 24-07-20, 21:10.

Comment

#43
                                                                                      For Colossus have 365k with avg from my flight 319k if anyone interested in swaps - fire a pm if anyone similar boat

Comment

#44
                                                                                        Any body looked into the selling feature they have or used it yet? Is it effectively equivalent to current ICM for the Day 2 feature?
                                                                                        Last edited by Irisheman; 25-07-20, 22:52.

Comment

#45
                                                                                          Originally posted by Irisheman View Post
                                                                                          For Colossus have 365k with avg from my flight 319k if anyone interested in swaps - fire a pm if anyone similar boat
                                                                                          Nice one GL.

Just shipped another $500 ticket for tomorrows ME sat. Man for anyone not playing them the $5 dollar sats into the $50 for the ME levels are ridiculous. I played around 10 today and shipped 5 $50 tickets.

Comment

#46
                                                                                            The last hand to the sat was very funny. I know the guy on the other table has busted so it doesn't matter as the ticket is locked up. Case in point why you need to fold AA in Sats lol.

Comment

#47

Nice one GL.

Just shipped another $500 ticket for tomorrows ME sat. Man for anyone not playing them the $5 dollar sats into the $50 for the ME levels are ridiculous. I played around 10 today and shipped 5 $50 tickets.
                                                                                              Nice - I was playing the sub sats for the milly maker on the side tonight and need to get more of these in. GL in the $500 satty

Comment

#48

Nice - I was playing the sub sats for the milly maker on the side tonight and need to get more of these in. GL in the $500 satty
                                                                                                The same gonna concentrate on Milly Maker sats tomorrow. Still in a Colossus sat currently. Last fire of the dice for that one.

Got the final day of the opener tomorrow as well. Fuck everything else. Just run good in that please

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  Woop, Just bagged a Colossus ticket to fire the last flight in the morning.

Jinxing myself hard here has I am sitting out 1/24 with 12 tickets.

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    Well we didn't quite glide towards the end like I hoped but we got the ticket.

Comment

#51
                                                                                                      I have no idea why the red wine last night had me referring to myself as we.

Proper Sunday of dreams and heartbreak ahead. Playing the Colossus last flight, GGMasters, $500 ME Super Sat, and the final day of the opener.

Comment

#52
                                                                                                        All the donkey filled tables in this Colossus and my first table is full of crushers. Sigh!

Comment

#53
                                                                                                          Scratch that I just fucked up one of the crushers. Flipping good sure helps

Comment

#54
                                                                                                            Counting my lucky stars to not already be gone from the $500 sat. I bet the river for value with the K high flush after getting c/r on the turn and check to on the river. The guy just called with the nut flush. It was a paired board but there were so few combos of houses. I dunno it was an interesting hand.

Edit - Actually thinking about it again it is prob good on his part. I think I would have found the fold had he shoved so if I am only calling with boats I guess calling in his spot is fine.

It is actually a bit of a wake-up call. Spent so much time playing the donkey sats that you forget these are thinking players not just c/r turns for fun and then barrelling it off with air on the river.
                                                                                                            Last edited by Opr; 26-07-20, 16:37.

Comment

#55
                                                                                                              Bagged 21bb in the Colussus day 1.

Comment

#56
                                                                                                                Happy to do something. Now sure how to handle the stack differential. I have 215. So if you wanted to work out the difference for a percentage swap of some kind. I am busy with the pokers at the moment. 365/215, whatever that works out.

Comment

#57
                                                                                                                  Gonzo from the ME Sat. Not sure about the spot I took. Oh well.

Comment

#58

Happy to do something. Now sure how to handle the stack differential. I have 215. So if you wanted to work out the difference for a percentage swap of some kind. I am busy with the pokers at the moment. 365/215, whatever that works out.
                                                                                                                    So I make this .6 so would be my 10% to your 6%. I am not even sure if that is fair or how these differences are worked out. Let me know if you wanna go head or think it should be different. No sweat if you don't as I understand the chance of you cashing is higher.

Comment

#59
                                                                                                                      Gonzo from the ME Sat. Not sure about the spot I took. Oh well.
                                                                                                                      Anyone with more tournament experience give some comment on this. I am really lacking experience in these things. I don't know if I am lamenting running into it or it was terrible.

Big stack opens from HiJack. I call 66 in the SB with 31 BB. The big stack in the BB squeeze to 10. Original raiser folds and I stuff it. Run into AA. My thinking when I completed the SB was that he would squeeze this spot liberally and if he raised the plan was always to stuff it. Thinking about it more I am not sure if he doesn't just complete with his playable stuff which takes a huge amount of trash out of his range I want to be squeezing.

Overthinking it or terrible?

Comment

#60
                                                                                                                        You did well to avoid the swap AK into JJ and I can't flip well. ffs

GL

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X