Golf Tournament for Poker Players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Golf Tournament for Poker Players

For anybody who may have seen this advertised on Facebook.

The date has been set for Sunday the 2nd of August which leads into the Bank Holiday Monday. The tee times will start approx. 11:30 in the morning which your time will be sent to you nearer the time. The cost for everything will be €70. This will include your round of golf in Castleknock Golf Club and your dinner including a pint in the Bonnington Hotel. Cash tables will start around 4pm in the Bonnington and will go on for the duration of the night. Alcohol will be served all night also. We have secured over €1,000 in prizes at the moment with more expected (if you can donate a prize please let me know). The way these prizes can be won will be announced nearer the date also.

I will need payment on revolut from everybody before Monday the 27th of July. I’ll post a referral code after this message to get you a free card. This is the date which I must pay both the golf club and the hotel.

Here is how we are going to organise it. Most of you have already told me what your handicap is but if you haven’t yet please send me a private message with it. I will need everybody to choose one partner they want to play with. I’ll then be pairing you two up with two other people you may or may not know. You will then have to give your card to one of the other people you don’t know for them to mark it for you. If you don’t choose anybody to play with then I’ll put you with someone who doesn’t have someone either but is as similar handicap.

I will open this group for everybody to chat nearer the time so people can organise lifts or generally have a bit of fun. If there is any abuse in the group I will simply remove you and you will not play the golf on the day.

As this is for poker players to keep the community together, I hope to do it on a more regular basis and before a live poker festival happens in Ireland.

I’m sure if this is a success we could do it in other clubs along the same lines as a society.

If you know anybody who would be interested in participating then please give them my name on Facebook and ask them to privately message me.

I have a poster but I'm not tech savvy enough to be able to post it here as it's too big.
    Last edited by GlennDoyle; 06-07-20, 20:25.

For anybody who hasn’t played Castleknock golf course yet, the 18th hole is a par 3. The club has a bar and terrace overlooking this hole. Winamax have sponsored this hole so anybody who gets a hole-in-one on this hole will receive entry to their next event here in Ireland worth €500!

We also have approximately €1,500 worth of other prizes for the likes of longest drive and closest to the pin!

Comment

There has been some changes to this event. Castleknock GC cancelled our booking so the event has been moved to Swords Open Golf Club.
      The price has also been reduced to €55 which includes your round of golf and then dinner with a pint in the Bonnington.

We are now also running two poker tournaments in the Bonnington. The tournaments are a €100+20 buyin with a 25k stack and a 20 minute clock. The first will start at 12pm and the second will start at 8pm. Due to the current situation there will be some changes to these tournaments. We have capped it at 36 entries and you will need to secure a spot by sending a €20 deposit. Please get in contact with me regarding any questions for the poker or the golf.

Comment

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Our next event if anybody is interested in playing!

Comment

It was very cool, thanks!
            I look forward to the next events!

Comment

The simplest way to win at ? Follow some common rules: study your opponents, believe in your strategy and hide your tells.

Comment

Duuuude, are this kind of events still being organized?! I would really like to participate in one of them, as it sounds really amazing. For only 70 bucks you are getting sooo many great things to do! Moreover, golf is probably my second biggest passion after poker and blackjack. During the pandemic, the only two things that I kept on doing the entire day, was playing poker online, and playing golf at the nearby golf club. Actually, I have been gambling online for the last couple of years, and I have to tell you that I have been really surprised by the quality of some of those gambling platforms. Right now, I am playing poker and betting on esports with bitcoin on the same platform, that has to be the most reliable website were you can place a bet and have a great poker game.
                Last edited by Guest; 01-07-21, 16:13.

Comment

Working...
                X