This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad beat/Moan/Venting Thread - BBV Archive 3

New thread, the old one seemed to be causing DB errors too often.

Hi
    Her sky-ness
    © 5starpool

Comment

Can we sticky the old one to make it easy to find for searches etc?

Comment

Comment

The first version is still stickied so the 2nd version certainly will remain so. Might unsticky the first one, but not just yet I'd say, but I'm not a fan of too many stickies. I'd merge them except it'd break the site fully probably.

Comment

Can i play?

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface
              Just watched Ruby Sparks, enjoyed it a lot. Must get the movie review thread going again, will stick a few up tomorrow
              Maybe pull it out of the current section and move it to community so it gets more traffic. No reason for that particular thread to be hidden.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                Maybe pull it out of the current section and move it to community so it gets more traffic. No reason for that particular thread to be hidden.

Opr
                This is a very good suggestion. Shall petition the kindly mods when I bump it tomorrow

Comment

Link and it shall be done.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                    The first version is still stickied so the 2nd version certainly will remain so. Might unsticky the first one, but not just yet I'd say, but I'm not a fan of too many stickies. I'd merge them except it'd break the site fully probably.
                    If you really want to keep links to all of them, create a BBV Index sticky and pop in a numbered and dated link to each as you lock it

Comment

Link and it shall be done.

merci, just reviews. No links or ought like that

Comment

Which night/s suit people best?

X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                          Im not allowed go now, not happy!!!
                          Her sky-ness
                          © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                            If you really want to keep links to all of them, create a BBV Index sticky and pop in a numbered and dated link to each as you lock it
                            Might just keep one old one as a sticky, and link to the previous one in the OP. If we get to a few of them might do something like that.
                            Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                            http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...read.php?t=253

merci, just reviews. No links or ought like that
                            Done

Comment

Every night

Comment

Originally posted by tglynn View Post
                                Every night
                                Snap. Might ask them if there is a discount if you go to all four?

I recall my brother trying to explain to my mother that East 17 were better than The Beatles.

Comment

East 17, with the original members, but without the lead singer dude. They really should mention that on the posted. It'd be like Blur without Damon Albarn, except shitter obviously.

Comment

East 17, with the original members, but without the lead singer dude. They really should mention that on the posted. It'd be like Blur without Damon Albarn, except shitter obviously.
                                    Showing some stellar East 17 knowledge there to be fair. I'll put you down for 4 nights.
                                    Emailed them to enquire about a discount.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                      This is a very good suggestion. Shall petition the kindly mods when I bump it tomorrow
                                      Might just keep one old one as a sticky, and link to the previous one in the OP. If we get to a few of them might do something like that.

Done
                                      Should of left it where it was, started a new one because the old one was started by the weird one.
                                      "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Roof could do with a little work on it atm, you reckon that East 17 roofer guy might be doing some nixers while he's over? I mean if they are charging 50 quid for the gig and a 4 course meal then surely for a €100 he will fix my roof and make me a sandwich.

Comment

Video I put together from the Irish Poker Awards nothing too fancy!

Some of the pre show footage and awards from the 2012 Irish Poker Awards, hadn't actually intended on videoing the ceremony but some of it was just too funny...

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                            Roof could do with a little work on it atm, you reckon that East 17 roofer guy might be doing some nixers while he's over? I mean if they are charging 50 quid for the gig and a 4 course meal then surely for a €100 he will fix my roof and make me a sandwich.
                                            I'm sure any of those guys would do alot more for €100! They are playing in the regency after all!

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                              Should of left it where it was, started a new one because the old one was started by the weird one.
                                              Took me a minute to work out what you were saying, but I've fixed it now. Happy? Also, stop saying of instead of have. It's tilting.

Comment

New BBV.

Are we rioting and moving site or rolling over for the second time?

Comment

Took me a minute to work out what you were saying, but I've fixed it now. Happy? Also, stop saying of instead of have. It's tilting.
                                                  No.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                    No.
                                                    You go girl.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                      New BBV.

Are we rioting and moving site or rolling over for the second time?
                                                      Feel free to set up the CHD/Finkel poker boards imo

Comment

Is there a reliable cousins source for football highlights show? I'm basically only interested in a champions league round up, only get to watch one live match a day and that's on my phone and 101 great goals is far from reliable and usually crap quality
                                                        "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Feel free to set up the CHD/Finkel poker boards imo
                                                          Oi

you know better than to put me into the same bracket as him.

Comment

They should play on the 17th of each month at 5pm and each month move more and more east until they go off the end of the earth
                                                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

I had about 90% of the pages to catch up on on bbv. First time I can say I've skimmed over all of the bbv
                                                              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Some ridic overweight dude is pissing the baseball world series!
                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Either I'm more drunk than I thought I was or this is a new BBV ???

Comment

Bit of a nightmare first game for Detroit here. Dream for SF giants though, especially Sandoval who hit 3 home runs already, only the 4th in history to do so in the World Series

Comment

Christening new thread with a win

Healthy upswing now pls!
                                                                      It's all an illusion

Comment

Sweet score wp
                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Anyone else spend a good few hours F5ing the old thread and wondering why there were no new posts?
                                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Listening to Victor Conte Joe Rogans podcast.
                                                                            He doesn't give a fuck. Just blatantly says how they got away with doping in the late 90s. And how he was able to get such a handy plea bargain. Named a few athletes but sounds like they were all at it.

Comment

#39
                                                                              Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                              Might be worth considering the Motorola Xoom 2 Media Edition. At the original £330 it wasn't worth considering. It's currently £180 on Amazon. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Motorola-Edi...1110486&sr=1-7

Only 3 advantages over the nexus are a claimed splash proof coating,(something I'm not willing to test), micro hdmi connectivity, and infra red control of other devices, which is just a novelty item really.

Major negative is no drag and drop of files. Everything has to go through their own software, in a very applesque way

Edit: Sorry missed the already bought the Nexus post!
                                                                              Infra red would actually be handy. File transfer bit is bit meh though. I presume you have to go and jailbreak it then?

Comment

#40
                                                                                Just had a full body NCT.

No bother having my balls felt up or any other test with the doc but terrible at giving blood. Just can't stop myself from effectively fainting (obv told the doc in advance so I was lying down and didn't actually go unconscious). Anyone tried hypnotherapy or some other solution to get over a pretty bad blood phobia?

It's actually gotten a lot worse over the years......
                                                                                ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

#41
                                                                                  Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post

No bother having my balls felt up or any other test with the doc but terrible at giving blood. Just can't stop myself from effectively fainting (obv told the doc in advance so I was lying down and didn't actually go unconscious). Anyone tried hypnotherapy or some other solution to get over a pretty bad blood phobia?

I think an effective solution to that problem is to
                                                                                  SPOILER
                                                                                  man the fuck up

Comment

#42

I think fainting at the sight of blood might be the least of your issues
                                                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

#43
                                                                                      Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                                                                                      I think an effective solution to that problem is to
                                                                                      SPOILER
                                                                                      man the fuck up
                                                                                      lol. I walk in. I tell them I'm going to faint but take the blood anyway and that's what happens. I'd prefer it didn't happen but it does. Manning up is walking in the door. The fainting bit I can't do anything about.
                                                                                      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

#44
                                                                                        Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                        I think fainting at the sight of blood might be the least of your issues
                                                                                        At least I'm not of an age to be rectally probed just yet!! That must be on the schedule for your next overhaul!!

Comment

#45
                                                                                          At least I'm not of an age to be rectally probed just yet!! That must be on the schedule for your next overhaul!!
                                                                                          I've never actually had a full checkup (if it ain't broke don't fix it )

Are you changing insurer or something? Surely you've never been healthier?

Comment

#46

Try out the hypnotherapy and let me know if it works please

Hate seeing blood my own blood, don't mind seeing others bleed/have bloods taken. Won't faint but go ridic weak at knees etc.

Probably from having a axe in my head and pumping blood into my eyes etc when young. Maybe someone swinging a little watch back and forth will fix me.

Comment

#47
                                                                                              Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                              I've never actually had a full checkup (if it ain't broke don't fix it )

Are you changing insurer or something? Surely you've never been healthier?
                                                                                              Once you hit the 40 that's no longer an option realistically.

I've never been healthier thankfully.

Mrs V got us some new upgraded insurance with her new job so there was no need for me to get checked out but I haven't been in with the Doc since 2009.

I decided it might be a good opportunity to get a healthy baseline established so if something was to happen in 5-10 years time the doctors wouldn't be able to say "it must be your crazy diet" etc. Plus I want to get the detailed blood work done to see what my cholesterol profile looks like.

Own your own health I say. You don't really want to be relying on the Bubblekings of this world when you are at your most vulnerable.

Comment

#48
                                                                                                ...
                                                                                                "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  ...
                                                                                                  "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                                                    What does something like that test for? Would it be regular stuff like heart, lungs, kidneys working; or would it also test for things like diabetes risk, cancer risk? (i've no idea tbh)

Here's what I got done.

Medical and Family History, Lifestyle Assessment – Smoking & Alcohol Intake, Diet and Exercise details, Height & Weight
                                                                                                    measurements, Urinalysis, Colour Blindness Testing, Fasting blood cholesterol, Complete Physical Examination.
                                                                                                    Males over 50 years – Prostate Examination
                                                                                                    Full Blood Count (Haemoglobin Level), Fasting Lipid Profile, including Cholesterol, Triglycerides, High and Low Density Lipoprotein,
                                                                                                    Liver Function Test, Kidney Function Test, Glucose Test (Diabetes Screen))
                                                                                                    Last edited by V for Vendetta; 25-10-12, 08:50.

Comment

#51
                                                                                                      Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                                                      wait ... you can't be 40? wasn't it that when we in uni, I was the PhD while you were the recent undergrad (was fairly drunk for most of those years tbh, so might have mangled the info). Had you around the 32-34 mark.

No I was referring to RDIII approaching 40. You're right I'm 33 hitting 34 pretty soon. Thankfully looking closer to my age these days as well.

Comment

#52
                                                                                                        Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                                        Try out the hypnotherapy and let me know if it works please

Hate seeing blood my own blood, don't mind seeing others bleed/have bloods taken. Won't faint but go ridic weak at knees etc.

Probably from having a axe in my head and pumping blood into my eyes etc when young. Maybe someone swinging a little watch back and forth will fix me.
                                                                                                        I think my issue might stem from a bike accident when I was 13/14. Clashed with another bike at full speed with the point of contact being my knuckle. Got to see blood and bone for quite a while and a bit of passing out along the way. Been getting gradually worse ever since.

Comment

#53
                                                                                                          lol. I walk in. I tell them I'm going to faint but take the blood anyway and that's what happens. I'd prefer it didn't happen but it does. Manning up is walking in the door. The fainting bit I can't do anything about.
                                                                                                          I saw an article somewhere claiming that it was some sort of evolutionary advantage to faint at the sight of blood. Can't remember what their thesis was but I do remember thinking it was a load of bollocks and if when you next get a little nick just play around with it put it on your finger etc. you'll get over it.
                                                                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

#54

No I was referring to RDIII approaching 40. You're right I'm 33 hitting 34 pretty soon. Thankfully looking closer to my age these days as well.
                                                                                                            cheeky pup, I have a couple of years to go yet

I actually weigh less now (just over 12st) than I did 10 years ago. How this is the case I have no idea. I put it down to giving up competitive sport, taking up poker, drinking more and eating whatever the fuck I want.

Or else genetics.

Comment

#55
                                                                                                              Mary O'Rourke on the radio

the term 'geebag' was invented for that woman, she is a hideous old bag of hypocrisy

Comment

#56
                                                                                                                Here's what I got done.

Medical and Family History, Lifestyle Assessment – Smoking & Alcohol Intake, Diet and Exercise details, Height & Weight
                                                                                                                measurements, Urinalysis, Colour Blindness Testing, Fasting blood cholesterol, Complete Physical Examination.
                                                                                                                Males over 50 years – Prostate Examination
                                                                                                                Full Blood Count (Haemoglobin Level), Fasting Lipid Profile, including Cholesterol, Triglycerides, High and Low Density Lipoprotein,
                                                                                                                Liver Function Test, Kidney Function Test, Glucose Test (Diabetes Screen))
                                                                                                                €€€€?

Comment

#57
                                                                                                                  Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                  I saw an article somewhere claiming that it was some sort of evolutionary advantage to faint at the sight of blood. Can't remember what their thesis was but I do remember thinking it was a load of bollocks and if when you next get a little nick just play around with it put it on your finger etc. you'll get over it.
                                                                                                                  Ah I don't go down with a shaving cut or anything like that ffs.

It's more the whole medical vials of blood being taken thing that seems to get to me. I do remember reading something like that article myself but I think you could argue any phobia has a basis in evolution but clearly it's become oversensitive by our upbringing or personal experiences.

I mean a fear of heights is not a bad thing but being petrified or passing out is debilitating.

I'd like to deal with it once and for all tbh.

Comment

#58
                                                                                                                    Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                                    €€€€?
                                                                                                                    €155. Without the cholesterol screening it's €125 but why wouldn't you? I'll have another consultation to follow up on the results and get the flu jab while I'm at it. Hopefully that will be it for another few years then. I'd say you could get it done in the UK for nothing as they probably have a proper preventative regime over there rather than the expensive reactionary regime here. But the country is fucked up afterall.

I'll probably go get the bodyfat scan done near the end of the year in UCD just to get a feel for where I'm at. My personal view is that I'm ~18% bf at the minute. Net weight loss has really slowed but I can feel the muscle continuing to build up. I actually managed 4 chin ups unassisted yesterday (done with a 30 second space between each).

Comment

#59
                                                                                                                      I can't quote the post from old thread but I'm not sure if I'm stunned at the dumbness or in awe of the masochistic degeneracy of a lad like PSV in using the same lotto numbers all the time

When it opened first I got sucked into a syndicate where we removed one number by perming 7 each using our own numbers. This went on for a few years before they made a balls of the game, turning it into a lottery by increasing the number of balls
                                                                                                                      Now twenty years later I still struggle to forget everyone elses numbers while mine no matter how hard I try cannot be erased.
                                                                                                                      A few weeks ago one Sunday morning 6AM news on the radio I woke in a panic after I heard all 6 numbers. turns out I'd misheard and it was only five including the bonus number.
                                                                                                                      Stupid numbers... they weren't even all primes FFS!
                                                                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

#60
                                                                                                                        €155 seems like a bargain imo.

re:bf, I got tested last week (PT did it for free) and had estimated 18%. Result - 19.2%. Gonna have to cut out the treats for a bit and get down to 15 by Christmas.

Must have been up around 30% at some stage in last 2 years if I'm still 19.2% considering the massive difference in body shape.

also re: chins. I recently put a chin up bar on my jacks door. Every visit, pump out a rep or two. Then two reps or three etc etc. In 6/7 weeks you'll be flying with them.
                                                                                                                        Last edited by Emmet; 25-10-12, 09:15.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X