• Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Also suggesting Celtic deserve to win is ludicrous

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
        what does it do if they win? through to the next level?
        Puts them in great shape. They'll have seven points from 12 with Spartak at home and Benfica away to come.
        "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
          It's not ludicrous. They've had a great shape the whole game, been clinical with the chances they've got, and found ways to give themselves an outlet. Possession does not earn you anything in of itself.

Squeaky bum time now...
          "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Beautiful. Best game of the season thus far.

Comment

Were robbed of a third and/or a red card as well.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                Beautiful. Best game of the season thus far.
                Not a Celtic fan as such but have to agree with you.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                  let's not be too judgemental in any case, America is a far better governed country (at every level) than this one

(that should get strewelpeter's blood up )
                  I don't buy that at all, in any case China is far better governed than either.
                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Terrible video and sound quality. Still love it though

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd
                      It's not ludicrous. They've had a great shape the whole game, been clinical with the chances they've got, and found ways to give themselves an outlet. Possession does not earn you anything in of itself.

Squeaky bum time now...
                      No question they defended brilliantly but they luckboxed a couple of chances and on another night could have been beat. I wouldn't begrudge them a draw but don't think they deserved to win.

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                      Were robbed of a third and/or a red card as well.
                      Did you see the replay? There was nothing in it.

Comment

Barca? fuck Barca.
                        Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Ref could have sent Song off.

Comment

dont care if the onlt two times celtic had the ball all game were the two chances they scored from.

Great match.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                              Poor effort.

You should have tried Singapore.
                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                Sometimes I wonder if you're running a factory, making apple products

Love you're attempts at trolling in general. You're no DBC though.
                                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

i hate celtic right now......

my bet was man city draw 15/4
                                    real madrid draw 10/3
                                    arsneal draw 12/5
                                    celtic draw 9/2

10euro was paying me 4 grand i think

jnbdcdiscbiwdbcbfhbfqbhfwehdfihwdjwndiubwbdwhbcfjw hnc

Comment

Originally posted by sixtwo View Post
                                      i hate celtic right now......

my bet was man city draw 15/4
                                      real madrid draw 10/3
                                      arsneal draw 12/5
                                      celtic draw 9/2

10euro was paying me 4 grand i think

jnbdcdiscbiwdbcbfhbfqbhfwehdfihwdjwndiubwbdwhbcfjw hnc
                                      Ye Northerners be crazy - letting €700 ride onto Celtic to draw with Barcelona, why not lay it off & guarantee yourself the €700?

Its the equivilant madness of me walking into Boyles & sticking €700 cash on the draw.

Comment

Going to be some amount of overdoses and stabbings around the country tonight. Like a nationwide Swedish House Mafia gig.

Comment

and now to have a few beers.

Comment

Reddit saves a life
                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                              Ye Northerners be crazy - letting €700 ride onto Celtic to draw with Barcelona, why not lay it off & guarantee yourself the €700?

Its the equivilant madness of me walking into Boyles & sticking €700 cash on the draw.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR dont be at it ciaran, i did, stuck money on barca -1 tie and barca -1 and barca -2

everybody i talked to said celtic had no chance

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                Going to be some amount of overdoses and stabbings around the country tonight. Like a nationwide Swedish House Mafia gig.
                                                aye, chelsea fans always up to no good.

angry barca fans also. glad I'm at home.

Comment

Just sent 'I fucking love you celtic' as a group text to everyone in my phone. Next phone bill should be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by sixtwo View Post
                                                    GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR dont be at it ciaran, i did, stuck money on barca -1 tie and barca -1 and barca -2

everybody i talked to said celtic had no chance

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
                                                    Could have talked to a Celtic fan.

Comment

Robbed from DPs mrs, love it!

Her sky-ness
                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Is there any better real world example of the gamblers fallacy than people complaining about accumulators that almost came in?

Comment

#gratitudeforalovelyday

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                            Is there any better real world example of the gamblers fallacy than people complaining about accumulators that almost came in?
                                                            Me trolling after hours about martingaleing the lotto?

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                              It's not gambler's fallacy by the definition but it is amazing how many people don't understand compounded over-round.

Comment

It's not gambler's fallacy by the definition but it is amazing how many people don't understand compounded over-round.
                                                                Or sideways radiator holding.
                                                                Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                  Could have talked to a Celtic fan.

i did and they laughed said "we have no chance, draw would be a miracle"

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                                                                    Not often I do this but just for you

SPOILER
                                                                    The dogs face says it all Michelle lol

and now to have a few beers.
                                                                    Oh so you ARE about Mr Zod...

Comment

FECK.

Comment

New thread title to please Zod

Comment

barca -1 tie

that would have been teh only one of those three bets I'd look at.

Comment

I know it's not the exact definition, but I had constructed a logical argument in my head as to how, if you think about it a certain way, it is EXACTLY the same. I can't remember what my argument was though!

Anyway, the whole point of accumulators is that its very likely one small piece will trip you up

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                              New thread title to please Zod
                                                                              I give it a day.

Comment

Unreal. Ever wonder why the bookies don't have 5 foot posters for win singles in their shop windows?!

Comment

The Celtic fans on here know how I feel about Celtic generally but that was awesome and HUGE credit has to go to Neil Lennon for being brave enough to leave 2 dedicated forwards up the pitch. It might seem a small thing but I reckon it was the reason they won. Obviously rode their luck a bit but that was one of the most enjoyable spectacles I've seen in a long time.
                                                                                  You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                  World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                      The Celtic fans on here know how I feel about Celtic generally but that was awesome and HUGE credit has to go to Neil Lennon for being brave enough to leave 2 dedicated forwards up the pitch. It might seem a small thing but I reckon it was the reason they won. Obviously rode their luck a bit but that was one of the most enjoyable spectacles I've seen in a long time.
                                                                                      Yeah, fair play to them that was brilliant!

Comment

Comment

Comment

Interesting comments from Right wing commentator Andrew Sullivan and Howard Dean on Newsnight talking up the significance of the moment.

That universal healthcare and the culture wars are done deals and its over bar the shouting for the extreme right.
                                                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsHiJzSZbuk#!

what a tifo!

Comment

Argo is flipping excellent!
                                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Booked my accomodation for Other Voices in Dingle next month, cant wait, last year was amazing, and this year falls on my 30th birthday. Gonna bring the better half down, she's never been to Dingle. Now I just need to try every angle possible to blag tickets to one of the church nights. Fingers crossed, and if anyone on here hears of anything, please keep me in mind! mostly media types get them.
                                                                                                  http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                                                  donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

is that peter stringfellow, havent heard anything about him in yonks?
                                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

it's Rod Stewart.

Comment

it's Rod Stewart.
                                                                                                        lol I was trying to be funny
                                                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Sexeh

Comment

It's actually not that amazing!

Comment

Over the course of the two games Celtic led for 95 minutes and Barca led for 20 seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                                Argo is flipping excellent!
                                                                                                                Brilliant, brilliant movie. Some tension.

Comment

Didn't think Argo was out til tomorrow?

Comment

that Messi fella, Great player but he can't do it on a rainy night in Glasgow.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                                                                      Didn't think Argo was out til tomorrow?
                                                                                                                      Cineworld were showing it today, possibly advanced screenings...
                                                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

I know Club websites are supposed to be a bit biased, but Barca's could easily have been written by a North Korean PR firm:

FC Barcelona, who would have qualified as group winners had they won tonight at Celtic Park, have instead lost for only the second time this season

The three points were a far bigger return than the hoops deserved from a bizarre game in which they scored with their only two serious attempts on goal

Messi narrowed the gap in injury time, but this time it was too late for miracles

Barcelona have surrendered at Celtic Park only their second defeat of the season, and the first in the Champions League. The Scots can feel very fortunate to have survived the Barcelona onslaught and come out of this with a win, having only made only two attempts on goal while Barça dominated the possession from start to finish and hit the woodwork twice

Comment

When did Rod Stewart start going to matches - and crying? I remember being on a tour of celtic park years ago back when Larsson was playing and yer wan, the tour guide making it angrily clear that he had never ever sat in his "seat for life". Although tbf he might have only had it a few years at that stage - probably around 2001 or 2002.

The funniest/most memorable part of the tour - there was maybe 20 or 25 people on it - and we were in some nostalgia room. I was looking at paolo di canio's gold boots and the guide was going on about something from ancient days. I had kind of zoned out when I heard her say "Any questions...? Anyone...? Yes....you in the "IRA volunteer" t-shirt at the back..." Can't remember the guys question or anything but it was a funny moment.

Went to see Celtic v Rangers later on in Hampden park , Celtic won 3-1 I think with Larrson and Sutton scoring ,3 red cards tons of yellows and a couple of dodgy penalties. Lived up to the hype tbf

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X