Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IPB Hero Our Conor Memorial Thread - (Horses Betting Obv)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by premierstone View Post
    Which of them in particular are you willing to lay for bigger???
    I haven't got a single live ante post docket and even though I'm as excited as ever by the prospects for the quality of racing at the festival I haven't been able to get any shape on what I want to be backing.
    Did have a good quarter of the entries for the Kim muir turn up on my tracker yesterday

If I was in the business of laying it I'd be inclined to build my week around laying the Envoi, Bennie, Paisley treble at the price it is now and shorter.
    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Glenloe ruled out will have burnt a fair few antepost punters

Comment

Originally posted by NoRiverRequired View Post
        Glenloe ruled out will have burnt a fair few antepost punters

Comment

Which of them in particular are you willing to lay for bigger???
          Definitely in the take on Appreciate it camp and love you to take 95/40 for a fun bet about the bumper . Best price 2s on oddschecker. Ew getinthequeue for me.

Comment

Fundalk friday

Shawaf 6.30

Comment

Originally posted by limpwhacker View Post
              Definitely in the take on Appreciate it camp and love you to take 95/40 for a fun bet about the bumper . Best price 2s on oddschecker. Ew getinthequeue for me.
              Done! Gentleman's agreement.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                It's still 3 weeks away so no real idea how ground will be yet. Hold fire imo

Anyway, dundalk is on this evening and we haven't had a winner there in yonks. Get studying ipbers, I'm on the sauce in town this pm and want winners
                Marnanes horse is meant to win the 730
                Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
                  All aboard the Billy Lee train

Parker’s hill is running over a mile tonight , Noel said before he might like a mile in Fundalk

Comment

Done! Gentleman's agreement.
                    Lovely jubbly . Gl you you're on for two score @95/40 .

Comment

Some man Pat.
                      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Boom

Comment

Gerup pat👌👌 Thank you
                          location green and yellow stretford end

Comment

Get in! Glad you all got a few quid. I've just booked flights & raceday tickets to go to Cheltenham Gold Cup day. Hopefully have another winner between now and then to pay for the accommodation.

Comment

Dancer!

Comment

Fair play pat, had a fine bet on that last night. Green as a result today but worth it .

Comment

Time to strike over priced IMO 730 Chelmsford 4/1 with 365 at the moment

Comment

Time to strike over priced IMO 730 Chelmsford 4/1 with 365 at the moment
                                    5/1 on pp

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                      5/1 on pp
                                      They knew reared in the stalls, was pretty buzy going down etc..

Comment

Originally posted by Arazi View Post
                                        I think I have the Martin Pipe absolutely solved but I think the horse needs one more run for his mark. I’ll post it in a month.
                                        I see Gordo said this lad going to Coral Cup, he's clearly of the mind they have the winner already in Column of Fire.

Edit:quoted wrong post, I was referring to Conflated who I fancied for it.
                                        Last edited by NoRiverRequired; 24-02-20, 18:14.

Comment

& fwiw the one I had been thinking was plotted for the Martin Pipe didn’t get an entry.

Comment

Sooo

Bennie
                                            Tiger Roll
                                            Envoi Allen
                                            Paisley Park
                                            Appreciate it

Accum and cross fourfolds, talk me out of it please!!
                                            Bet365 have the first 4 of those in a special at 18/1 currenty fwiw

Comment

Chelt preview
                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

The owners fancy Kristian Goingwel in the 2.35 in Clonmel apparently. No form worth talking about but its a weak race and hes tried with cheekpieces today.

Stable in decent nick but he looks relatively weak in the market so not one to go mad on.

Comment

Epatante found to be coughing.BDD now fav for champion hurdle. Pentland hills looking more solid as the days go by. Champagne Classic also out of the NH chase, back to the drawing board.

Comment

Tonkinese well fancied 5.00pm Fundalk

Comment

Raine free 3.35 Leopardstown

Comment

Kings eclipse 3.20 Newcastle
                                                        Last edited by balfejohn; 03-03-20, 15:14. Reason: Wrong time

Comment

Honeysuckle confirmed heading for mares
                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

@DP, have you got your usual preview write ups this year by any chance?

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                              Honeysuckle confirmed heading for mares
                                                              Still left in the Champion at 6 day decs though!!

Comment

Tribal Path worth a few bob ew today
                                                                Fundalk 8.45

Comment

Envoi Allen looks to be switching to the Supreme now. Gone favourite in most places.

Comment

Envoi Allen looks to be switching to the Supreme now. Gone favourite in most places.
                                                                    Means nothing NRNB, not a single bookie has him shorter for the Supreme than he is for the Ballymore.

80% Ballymore IMO, only a huge deluge of rain in the next 36 hours will see him change.

Comment

Means nothing NRNB, not a single bookie has him shorter for the Supreme than he is for the Ballymore.

80% Ballymore IMO, only a huge deluge of rain in the next 36 hours will see him change.
                                                                      Here are three of them for you

Other than intermittent showers it looks like a cold drying wind for the rest of the week

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                        Here are three of them for you

Other than intermittent showers it looks like a cold drying wind for the rest of the week
                                                                        http://maps.turftrax.co.uk/latestgoi...rse=Cheltenham

Soft in most places on the course already on course.

Comment

Lord in red 3.35 Warwick
                                                                          Told yo back ew

Comment

...Envoi Allen confirmed for the Ballymore, now to find my supreme horse...

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                              ...Envoi Allen confirmed for the Ballymore, now to find my supreme horse...
                                                                              Never in doubt!! Oh and WPM will have a big say in the supreme [emoji6]

Comment

The best novice is in the Ballymore, and it's not Envoi.
                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                  The best novice is in the Ballymore, and it's not Envoi.
                                                                                  All over Sporting John in this

Comment

Altior found lame this morning apparently

Comment

Uplaod files easily and share them with your friends and colleagues. File upload solution for everyone. Upload big files and get a link to share effortlesly.

Password awooga

Comment

Paddy Power preview
                                                                                        here are the tips given, in order of my perceived preference from what they said.
                                                                                        (Paddy Power, Frank Hickey, Nina Carberry)

Tuesday:
                                                                                        Supreme Novice Hurdle:

Captain Guinness 12/1
                                                                                        Asterion Forlonge 4/1

Arkle Chase

Cashback 6/1
                                                                                        Notebook 5/2

Champion Hurdle

Benie Des Dieux 3/1 but she will likely go for Mare's Hurdle
                                                                                        Cornerstone Lad E/W

National Hunt Chase

Carefully Selected 5/2

Champion Bumper

Appreciate It 15/8
                                                                                        Delvino 66/1

Wednesday

Ballymore Novice Hurdle

Envoi Allen 5/4 (all 3 tipped)

RSA Chase

Allaho - 9/2 but likely to go to Marsh Novice Chase
                                                                                        Champ

Champion Chase

Toss up between the top 3 on the day (Altior, Defi Du Seuil, Chacun Pour Soi)
                                                                                        Think they said Tiger Roll may be entered here

Thursday

Marsh Novice Chase

Allaho

Mister Fisher E/W if you can get him around 10/1

Ryanair Chase

3 strong frontrunners (A Plus Tard, Min, Chacun Pour Soi - if he doesn't go on Tuesday), no real useful info
                                                                                        Riders on the Storm good E/W

Paddy Power Stayer's Hurdle

Paisley Park seemed like a cert
                                                                                        Summerville Boy 8/1 E/W

Mares Novice Hurdle

Dolcita 7/1

Friday

JCB Triumph Hurdle

They were all mad about Aspire Tower, 6/1

Albert Bartlett Novices'
                                                                                        It's a big race so they said to seek value at higher prices

One for the team 25/1
                                                                                        Ramses de Teille 12/1
                                                                                        Mossy Fen 16/1

Magner's Gold Cup

Delta Work 5/1
                                                                                        Lost in Translation 13/2
                                                                                        Al Boum Photo 7/2

Foxhunter's Chase

Minella Rocco 9/2
                                                                                        Billaway 7/1
                                                                                        Staker Wallace

Nap of the week:

Frank: Aspire Tower
                                                                                        Nina: Staker Wallace
                                                                                        Paddy: Allaho

Next Bests / ones to watch:

Frank:

Eglantine Du Seuil (various races entered)
                                                                                        Relegate (various races entered)
                                                                                        Deise Aba (Ultima Handicap Chase)

Nina:

Relegate (various races entered)
                                                                                        Those days are gone (Coral Cup Handicap)
                                                                                        Instant Return (Boodles Juvenile Handicap)
                                                                                        Ravenhill (various races entered)

Paddy:

Ronald Pump (2 races entered)
                                                                                        Canardier (Coral Cup)
                                                                                        Paloma Blue (2 races entered)

Comment

Preview thingy...

Comment

Paddy Power preview
                                                                                            Seems like an absolute waste of time.

Tiger Roll entered for the Champion Chase 😂😂😂

Relegate is running in the Pertemps.

Benie isn’t even entered in the CH

Chacun Pour Soi has never been mentioned as even a possibility for the Ryanair

Comment

The only preview worth watching are the oddschecker previews with Channing, holding and Big TC. Breath of fresh air compared to the usual preview guff.

Comment

Originally posted by NoRiverRequired View Post
                                                                                                The only preview worth watching are the oddschecker previews with Channing, holding and Big TC. Breath of fresh air compared to the usual preview guff.
                                                                                                You can really spot the real degenerates of the scene by how many preview nights or podcasts they graft, Johnny Ward prob takes gold for most hopeless cause.
                                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

You can really spot the real degenerates of the scene by how many preview nights or podcasts they graft, Johnny Ward prob takes gold for most hopeless cause.
                                                                                                  The lads in here seem to have got great feedback from their live show. They had Jane Mangan, Emmet Kennedy and a few others I don't know.

The same night DeBromhead and a few others appeared on another in the city but apparently people left that to go to the lads here.

From what I've heard it went down really well overall and they may have a few more live shows popping up.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                                                                                    The lads in here seem to have got great feedback from their live show. They had Jane Mangan, Emmet Kennedy and a few others I don't know.

The same night DeBromhead and a few others appeared on another in the city but apparently people left that to go to the lads here.

From what I've heard it went down really well overall and they may have a few more live shows popping up.
                                                                                                    Find Kennedy very insufferable, clearly doing something right to get the listener numbers he does but he tends to hero worship guests without having the ability or betting knowledge to challenge them.
                                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Find Kennedy very insufferable, clearly doing something right to get the listener numbers he does but he tends to hero worship guests without having the ability or betting knowledge to challenge them.
                                                                                                      I have little knowledge of racing so I'd have no clue who's knowledgeable or not tbh. The father had a few horses, some winners that you'd know but never rubbed off on me.

I know Emmet stayed with the guys until the early hours chatting away to them about the podcast so it wasn't a case of getting paid and leaving straight away.

The lads in here are delivering their final Cheltenham preview today from the office couch so I might get a cameo. I'll throw it up for critique when it's done, curious of objective opinions if people get around to viewing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wesley Harms View Post
                                                                                                        Seems like an absolute waste of time.

Tiger Roll entered for the Champion Chase 😂😂😂

Relegate is running in the Pertemps.

Benie isn’t even entered in the CH

Chacun Pour Soi has never been mentioned as even a possibility for the Ryanair
                                                                                                        it's a couple of weeks old I'd say, I just pass them on as I get them.
                                                                                                        The file linked above is 250 pages +
                                                                                                        plenty of toilet reading there

Comment

it's a couple of weeks old I'd say, I just pass them on as I get them.
                                                                                                          The file linked above is 250 pages +
                                                                                                          plenty of toilet reading there
                                                                                                          I was at it, the only thing I learned is avoid the Guinness in 4 Dame Lane. Oh, and Nina fancied Stalker Wallace in the Foxhunters.

Comment

Another preview

Comment

Abacadabras
                                                                                                              Heaven Help Us EW

for race one

Comment

My day begins and ends at Notebook. Thought his performance in Dublin racing festival was easily the most impressive that weekend and reckon if it was Mullins or Elliot trained he'd be <2/1 here.
                                                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

No comment in the next

Comment

Cogry/Cobra De Mai ew

Comment

Lady buttons looks a nice ew bet in the next

Comment

that was pretty poor tactically from Townsend

Comment

that was pretty poor tactically from Townsend
                                                                                                                          "It looks like Robbie gifted the winner a huge gap" - a very frustrated Willie Mullins reflects on Benie Des Dieux's defeat in the Mares' Hurdle...

Make of that what you will.

WPM to Cashback owners - "Very disappointing run the horse wasnt right and probably shouldn't have run, his head was down before the race"
                                                                                                                          Last edited by Dice75; 10-03-20, 17:18.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X