Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IPB Hero Our Conor Memorial Thread - (Horses Betting Obv)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
    Gentlemens bet?
    Saldier v Pentland match bet, for a 100? NRNB of course

Comment

Originally posted by NoRiverRequired View Post
      Ye sure why not.
      Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Ye sure why not.
        Sound Pat. Thats my first antepost bet of the festival out of the way!

Comment

Sound Pat. Thats my first antepost bet of the festival out of the way!
          It's not ante post if it's nrnb

Comment

Diamond Fort 2.30
            Tip from our Newbridge store..
            Her sky-ness
            © 5starpool

Comment

Great to see Elaine Benice's father have the winner of the Thyestes Chase today

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

A few of the guys I work with are involved both as hosts and production on The Finishing Line podcast, I suspect a few here are familiar with it but I thought I'd throw it up for those who aren't aware.

The have a Cheltenham preview night in Waterford in a few weeks time, they have Emmet Kennedy & Jane Mangan among others so it may be worth the trip for those interested.

Comment

Obv getting on a little but Supasundae still looks a bit on the big side at 20/1 Saturday? Fairly high class performer over two miles on soft, placed in last 5 grade 1's over distance.
                  Not exactly a formidable field, Klassical Dream hasnt looked right at all this season, Sharjah blows hot and cold. Honeysuckle hugely promising but she still has plenty to prove and it'll be interesting to see if De Bromhead can maintain his phenomenal form with his stars throughout the season.
                  All in all if Supasundae hasnt declined too drastically I'd find it very hard to see him unplaced here.
                  Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                    Obv getting on a little but Supasundae still looks a bit on the big side at 20/1 Saturday? Fairly high class performer over two miles on soft, placed in last 5 grade 1's over distance.
                    Not exactly a formidable field, Klassical Dream hasnt looked right at all this season, Sharjah blows hot and cold. Honeysuckle hugely promising but she still has plenty to prove and it'll be interesting to see if De Bromhead can maintain his phenomenal form with his stars throughout the season.
                    All in all if Supasundae hasnt declined too drastically I'd find it very hard to see him unplaced here.
                    was thinking similar. Lack of a recent run a bit of a concern though? I know he ran well fresh in past but like you say hes getting on a touch now, could be a bit more of a negative.

Comment

Supasundae never finished better than 3rd on his reappearance since his bumper days, usually gets hammered. Has a fantastic record second time up

Comment

Originally posted by Wesley Harms View Post
                        Supasundae never finished better than 3rd on his reappearance since his bumper days, usually gets hammered. Has a fantastic record second time up
                        Except for the 2nd last season.

Think if it was early December like previous first runs that would be more relevant but you'd imagine she'd have him close to full fitness at this stage if all is right with him. But I guess there's those that will argue there's no replicating proper race action.
                        Profit before people.

Comment

I thought that race looked a match between Klassical Dream & Sharjah with the former being the value. The mare is a rotten price on everything she's done to date.

Comment

I'd prob be a place layer of KD at 8/13 if you fancy a bit of action.
                            Profit before people.

Comment

He’s 9/2 (1/5 odds) so that’s 9/10.

At the time I thought he ran a lovely comeback race in Punchestown and just blew up a little. I’m putting his last failure down to that dreadful jumping error, everything else on his CV says he’s the rightful favourite for the Champion Hurdle in March. My big concern for Saturday is the ground, I’m not really sure how soft it’s going to be but I think this looks another weak race and find it hard to look outside the 2 Mullins runners.

Comment

PP are 4/7. I'm offering best price on the high street here
                                Profit before people.

Comment

Place lay with a saver @12/1 for the CH
                                  Way he's been shaping I can't see him finishing second but if he puts in a performance that looks like the KD we saw last March he'll go off 3/1 fav.

It's a really exciting field, if I do have a bet it will probably be Petit Mouchir (ground and track in his favour) ew and or ew without Honeysuckle.
                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Didn't even notice me old pal Brendan Murphy has an entry in the race and has exceeded his reputation for insane entries by pitching what looks like his first national hunt runner ever into a grade 1
                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Didn't even notice me old pal Brendan Murphy has an entry in the race and has exceeded his reputation for insane entries by pitching what looks like his first national hunt runner ever into a grade 1
                                      Clear Fav on Betfair Exchange

Comment

As a complete technophobe who only uses BF to back rather than back to lay, I presume its pretty idiot proof to do the latter?

i.e. I have Cash Back hoovered up for the Arkle at an average 85/1 over the course of 6 weeks so should he do what I hope to God he will do tomorrow and shortens to 2s or 3s (currently 10s) or whatever is it easy to lay a chunk?

Also as its antepost both ways does the money hit your account straight away or Event time, I'm assuming the latter...

Also where is Dukes Friday Fundalk flutter......
                                        Last edited by Dice75; 31-01-20, 16:52.

Comment

Red Bloodedcruiser fancied. 6.30

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                            As a complete technophobe who only uses BF to back rather than back to lay, I presume its pretty idiot proof to do the latter?

i.e. I have Cash Back hoovered up for the Arkle at an average 85/1 over the course of 6 weeks so should he do what I hope to God he will do tomorrow and shortens to 2s or 3s (currently 10s) or whatever is it easy to lay a chunk?

Also as its antepost both ways does the money hit your account straight away or Event time, I'm assuming the latter...

Also where is Dukes Friday Fundalk flutter......
                                            Yeah the latter.
                                            Depends what a chunk is, I’d have thought he’d be a difficult one to lay. One thing to be wary of is when you back one antepost with the intention to lay it back just note that at final declaration stage the antepost book closes and you can’t lay one on the strength of bets placed as backs, you’ll need fresh funds at that stage.

Comment

Originally posted by Arazi View Post
                                              Yeah the latter.
                                              Depends what a chunk is, I’d have thought he’d be a difficult one to lay. One thing to be wary of is when you back one antepost with the intention to lay it back just note that at final declaration stage the antepost book closes and you can’t lay one on the strength of bets placed as backs, you’ll need fresh funds at that stage.
                                              Cheers C. Didnt back to lay intentionally anx if he goes prob let it ride anyway but just curious in case it goes crazy short for any reason.

Comment

I’m hearing that Klassical Dream was lame this evening.

Comment

Still 16s with KD out, serious value!

Comment

I had picked out You Raised Me Up as one who might be well handicapped for a race like tomorrows version of the sweeps hurdle but he probably needs softer ground, the one that has really caught my eye is Noel Meades Martaline gelding Faugernon. The young lad riding him is a good horseman and if he can get him hurdling just a little bit better he looks to me like a horse that could run well ahead of his rating even from a few pounds of the handicap.
                                                    Last edited by Strewelpeter; 31-01-20, 21:28.

Comment

Gosh I wouldn't like to be running a horse in any of those handicaps at Leop without having over a stone in hand, there looks to be plots all over the place. I was looking at two plots in the 3 mile hurdle on Sunday, both 25/1 plus, Swordsman & Quarz du Rheu, id say theyre both 20 pound ahead of their mark. I'll be perming them up at 12/1 and hoping that theyre off in a race worth 57k to the winner.

Comment

Selections:

12:50 - Home by the lee ew 20/1
                                                        13:20- Cilaos Emery 9/2
                                                        14:00- Fakir 5/2
                                                        14:35 Paloma Blue 6/1
                                                        15:10 Supasundae ew 25/1 prior to KD withdrawal
                                                        15:45 Golden Jewell ew 40/1
                                                        16:20 Appreciate It 13/8
                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

A Plus Tard NR now.
                                                          I’m with Fury Road in the opener, Chacun Pour Soi in the second.

I’ll follow in on Fakir if he is strong on the Off in the Arkle, I’m pretty certain he was stopped at Christmas.

Comment

Some drainage at Leop. Ground looks fast.
                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Some drainage at Leop. Ground looks fast.
                                                              Yeah the ground is a farce, this is going to be a joke of a meeting. You could see those good chases cutting up more than they already have done tomorrow.

Comment

Defi's price gonna hold up lovely after that.

Comment

Wonder is conflated elliots martin pipe horse. Form of his last two runs working out well when he wasnt knocked about, he could be on a nice mark.

Comment

Wonder is conflated elliots martin pipe horse. Form of his last two runs working out well when he wasnt knocked about, he could be on a nice mark.
                                                                    I think I have the Martin Pipe absolutely solved but I think the horse needs one more run for his mark. I’ll post it in a month.

Comment

CH interesting race at the top here, yet I'll be watching Sitches yoke

Comment

GAB going through the card. Some shooting

Comment

FFS
                                                                          Had the three behind winner in the tricast

Comment

Oak Park ew W/O Aspire Tower in next

Comment

Hard to see how Cheltenham could better those last two days of racing from Leopardstown

Comment

New podcast with Blake and Calvin

Comment

Told to back Clubora 645 Chelm e.w

Comment

Told to back Clubora 645 Chelm e.w
                                                                                    12s everywhere with 4 places, you can get 7 places on 365 at 12s.

Fancy prices gone bar 22s on 365 at 3 places

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                      12s everywhere with 4 places, you can get 7 places on 365 at 12s.

Fancy prices gone bar 22s on 365 at 3 places
                                                                                      @NoRiverRequired your selection out, you picking another or just leaving it, you can just lay me win only on Pentland either

@Dice75 any 10 place markets?

Comment

@NoRiverRequired your selection out, you picking another or just leaving it, you can just lay me win only on Pentland either

@Dice75 any 10 place markets?
                                                                                        Meh just leave it Pat, the absolute state of that champion hurdle market, im not sure there's anything i do fancy as a win proposition at moment. Pentland looking one of the more likely winners tbf when ya see whats left. Terrible renewal.

Comment

Actually think this champion hurdle is Soo bad Petit mouchoir at 33s could win it!
                                                                                          https://twitter.com/#!/TedCullinane1

Comment

2 for today

Flanagans Field 1.40 Fakenham
                                                                                            Pillar 5.00 fundalk

Comment

After the winter break, the ever-popular Friday Night Fancy returns to your screens with the pin sticking on Corvus Glaive in the 7 o'clock.

Edit: back in form!
                                                                                              Last edited by Raoul Duke III; 14-02-20, 19:04.
                                                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Goodwood Showman should have a decent ew chance in this

Comment

One for Arthur thought to be back to best and expected to go well today aswell as April 4th hopefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                                                    One for Arthur thought to be back to best and expected to go well today aswell as April 4th hopefully.

one of the few horse races i watch these days . Poor Jockey. The horse wasn't 1 bit interested from the get go, He earned his money

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                                                      one of the few horse races i watch these days . Poor Jockey. The horse wasn't 1 bit interested from the get go, He earned his money
                                                                                                      Looked quite the opposite of the text I got alright

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                                                        Looked quite the opposite of the text I got alright
                                                                                                        Wet, windy and muddy. Smart horse.

I think I set a PB today - backed five horses and they collectively achieved FPFFP.

Never fear, the Cheltenham Tipping Comp is here and we can all dream anew.
                                                                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Sooo

Bennie
                                                                                                          Tiger Roll
                                                                                                          Envoi Allen
                                                                                                          Paisley Park
                                                                                                          Appreciate it

Accum and cross fourfolds, talk me out of it please!!

Comment

Originally posted by premierstone View Post
                                                                                                            Sooo

Bennie
                                                                                                            Tiger Roll
                                                                                                            Envoi Allen
                                                                                                            Paisley Park
                                                                                                            Appreciate it

Accum and cross fourfolds, talk me out of it please!!
                                                                                                            Appreciate it is way way too short

Comment

Appreciate it is way way too short
                                                                                                              They all are IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                They all are IMO
                                                                                                                You're probably right.

Moon Racer the last winning favourite in the champion bumper in the last 13 years.

Comment

They all are IMO
                                                                                                                  Appreciate the insightful analysis, thanks!

Comment

They all are IMO
                                                                                                                    Which of them in particular are you willing to lay for bigger???

Comment

Enough of this short priced shite

I just took over a pub in the South of France at a horrible-ish wage in order to easily move to the South of France

Build me a fuck off with yer shite acca, so I can stay here in the lifestyle I'm accustomed to, working part-time and continuing doing the courses I was doing before fucking off out off that horrible shin mefein, cunce of a clown colony country, I no longer want to call home(mostly due to the weather...and Bertie)...
                                                                                                                      Last edited by Guest; 20-02-20, 23:24. Reason: Ish

Comment

Please

Comment

It's still 3 weeks away so no real idea how ground will be yet. Hold fire imo

Anyway, dundalk is on this evening and we haven't had a winner there in yonks. Get studying ipbers, I'm on the sauce in town this pm and want winners

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X