Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IPB Hero Our Conor Memorial Thread - (Horses Betting Obv)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two Hobbs horses for me today at Kemp.

Sausalito Sunrise here in the 14:00 and Menorah in the King George.

Have to take on Vatour at Leop.
    Profit before people.

Comment

Got a shout for Mighty Concorde in the lepoardstown bumper ?

I had the obovious Forcast fu Fiscal Focus.
      Last edited by Blip; 26-12-14, 14:13.

Comment

...Faugheen...Wow...

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Good days racing in Leopardstown today,a couple of nice winners especially Nina's in the bumper but had a lump on Bright new Dawn which didn't work out.

Anyway, bumped into the bauld Rich Ricci in the bar afterwards, wasn't even gonna bother trying to have a chat with him but we said fuck it why not hes in good form.
            Absolute gent to be fair, had a god conversation with him & he was as sound as ya like in no hurry to move on was chatting to us free as ya like.
            His words on Faugheen were " what can i say- he's genuinely special".Seemed frustrated about Vautour & wasn't blaming the ground.

- His best runner tomorrow is Max dynamite in limerick 2.05 (5/4) Told us this without us even asking what he fancied.

- He REALLY likes A quart de tour. currently 20's for the champ bumper. seemed to be genuinely excited about this one.

- Dissapointed with Kalkir but horse had missed a couple of days works leading up to the race & he said he thinks the 10/1 available for the triumph should be backed.

-Mentioned another young french horse he was excited about who hasn't run, for the life of me i cant find it-know what it sounds like but will be keeping an eye out.

Asked his thoughts on Champagne Fever & he said hes Champion chase bound- "Ruby got off him & said to me "Champion chase horse". Market on the machine already reflects that i guess since the king George.

Anyway sure a good days racing & wasn't too cool to ask the most appropriately named man in history for a photo>Me on the right

[IMG][/IMG]
            Last edited by NoRiverRequired; 27-12-14, 22:09.

Comment

I will supply all the winners for today below : you are welcome to sue me if they don't all come in

R1: Snow Falcon. Hopefully 2s or better.

R2: Off the Charts e/w @ 20s. Came good this time last year in the muck.

R3: Le Vent D'Antan. Should come on a lot for the reappearance.

R4: If there's any money about for Monksland, I will have a nibble. Otherwise Lieutenant Colonel. Can't have either of Mullins.

R5: Balkinstown e/w.

R6: Sam Winner

R7: Midsommarkrensen e/w
              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by NoRiverRequired View Post

- Dissapointed with Kalkir but horse had missed a couple of days works leading up to the race & he said he thinks the 10/1 available for the triumph should be backed.

Great report. With 18lengths back to the 3rd I don't think Kalkir under performed at all, just ran into a better horse in Fiscal Focus. Some doubts re the ground but I have backed FF at 20/1+ for Triumph Hdl

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                  I will supply all the winners for today below : you are welcome to sue me if they don't all come in

R1: Snow Falcon.
                  Was fierce impressed with that identity thief in the Fairyhouse bumper. Have taken the 2's about him last night.

Comment

Was fierce impressed with that identity thief in the Fairyhouse bumper. Have taken the 2's about him last night.
                    Delegate didn't do him many favours the other day.

Comment

Delegate didn't do him many favours the other day.
                      True enough would have preferred to see him win alright.

Comment

R2: Off the Charts e/w @ 20s. Came good this time last year in the muck.
                        Got him @ 33s, would have been very sweet indeed.

Comment

home farm 3.00 leoparstown

Comment

Road to riches to win the Lexus. Pillar to post

Comment

A big leery auld divil, quality commentary of the Lexus

Comment

Thought you'd cursed us. Phew.

Comment

Shout

Comment

Followed RDIII for the craic, done the 7 horse ew accum so if this last one places, I'll be a tad upset with Balkinstown!

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                      Followed RDIII for the craic, done the 7 horse ew!
                                      This is generally not considered advisable.

Cooper really coming into his own now. Glorious day of racing altogether.

Comment

8 days of house arrest with the outlaws = might venture over tomorrow (followed by pub as haven't even had a pint yet over Christmas ), is the card decent?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                          8 days of house arrest with the outlaws = might venture over tomorrow (followed by pub as haven't even had a pint yet over Christmas ), is the card decent?
                                          I'll be passing you on the way west. Two serious highlights tomorrow, Hurricane Fly going for his 671st Grade 1 and Mala Beach @ 4/1 in the Topaz.

Comment

I'll be passing you on the way west. Two serious highlights tomorrow, Hurricane Fly going for his 671st Grade 1 and Mala Beach @ 4/1 in the Topaz.
                                            Even worse it was home house arrest, all within 2 miles of Leopardstown. FML.

Comment

Any thoughts on today's card at Leopardstown?
                                              "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

The two RDIII mentioned are the big bets of the day.
                                                The fly home already
                                                However, I have a soft spot for the Tullow Tank
                                                Last edited by DeadParrot; 29-12-14, 13:52.
                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Stuck a few quid on Mala Beach at 5 / 1. I have no idea what I'm doing tbf.
                                                  "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                    Stuck a few quid on Mala Beach at 5 / 1. I have no idea what I'm doing tbf.
                                                    Usually better off that way

Comment

Casey made a balls of the Outlander ride earlier altogether imo. Had him there too early and wouldnt leave the horse be just lobbing along behind before they were really racing.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                        Casey made a balls of the Outlander ride earlier altogether imo. Had him there too early and wouldnt leave the horse be just lobbing along behind before they were really racing.
                                                        Great battling by the O'Connell horse after the last tbf though

Comment

Great battling by the O'Connell horse after the last tbf though
                                                          True. Despite the mistake at the 2nd last he still nearly won, which highlighted to me it was a poor ride.

Comment

Barry Geraghty currently best NH rider going surely. JP Colours on the right. For half a mile before the replay starts his mount 'Clean Sheet' was still acting the mule.
                                                            Last edited by rounders123; 29-12-14, 16:24.

Comment

Darting 1250 Ling , had some decent AW sorts off the bridle turning in when not staying 12f under app last time. Drops into class 6 first time worth a small bet ew at 6/1 imo.

Comment

After a lot of agonising and debate we decided to dodge the Grade 1 3m hurdle won by Lt.Colonel in Leopardstown last Sunday in favour of a 22f conditions hurdle where Jennies Jewel is very well treated by the conditions.
                                                                The way the race on Sunday played out with Glens Melody in 4th on her comeback from a failed attempt to get in foal those who were voting in favour of that race have banked that she would have finished third... so no pressure tomorrow then

Except for one blot the raw stats look good for her

Bog Warrior could run a half a stone below par and still beat this field but obviously with the long lay off there are questions about its well being.
                                                                Blackmail looked like a really high class individual but would probably lack for a bit of experience that would allow it to run to a mark of 150 it would need to finish in front of Jennies if she runs her race.
                                                                The Mullins and the DeBromhead horses are probably well handicapped so not as badly in as the raw numbers show likewise Colin Bowe's horse but like Jennies semi stablemate He'll Be Remembered they will both be playing for the win.
                                                                She is available at 7/2 but as usual I'll be hoping for a point better at some point on the machine, its just a pity there isn't another horse in the race to make three places.
                                                                Good luck us.

BTW There is a possibility I may have a live one for the maiden hurdle in the race after Jennies, I'll try and post here if they are going for it, watch this space.
                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

50 bucks on FTW after watching this

Good luck !!!

Her sky-ness
                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                    50 bucks on FTW after watching this

Good luck !!!

That's a kiss of death if I've ever seen one.

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                                                                      That's a kiss of death if I've ever seen one.
                                                                      Think positive! Did it for me and I am weird like that lol
                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

have one from england coming from a long lay of but going for the win tomor in a lower grade 12.40 lingfield mr green

Comment

GL today Gents, on both for the sweat.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzyfish View Post
                                                                            have one from england coming from a long lay of but going for the win tomor in a lower grade 12.40 lingfield mr green
                                                                            You got some sort of word for this or just a personal fancy? Market seems to be saying no.
                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

jennies jewel moving in to 3/1
                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                Non runner moved the market a little. 6 left in with place for top 2.

Comment

Shouldnt open pp while drunk, I have doubles and singles all over the shop lol ah well if the two win ill have a nice few bob. GL everyone be a nice touch for the last day of 2014
                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                    You got some sort of word for this or just a personal fancy? Market seems to be saying no.
                                                                                    ye got the cal last night expecting a win there not afraid of fav think trip to sharp for him

Comment

Ladbrokes MBS is 2nd to Bog Warrior Max 25. Decent.

Comment

ye got the cal last night expecting a win there not afraid of fav think trip to sharp for him
                                                                                        I think one of his legs just fell off judging by the price move just now!

Comment

I think one of his legs just fell off judging by the price move just now!
                                                                                          the horse doesnt no that

Comment

the horse doesnt no that
                                                                                            One of my fav racing quotes froma degen taxi driver the bleeding horse dosent know hes the favourite.

Comment

the horse doesnt no that
                                                                                              No, but the jockey & trainer might

On for a small bet. glgl.

Comment

On jazzys horse for a fiver ew, just in case. Emptied the clip on Jennies Jewel

Comment

Fair enough , gl. Jockey must have been celebrating early last night, turned up 2lbs overweight.

Actually thought the other outsider Sutton Sid was interesting when I looked at the race this morning, has a very good record in sellers.
                                                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

that was bad

Comment

the horse doesnt no that
                                                                                                      Absolutely miles last as the market suggested
                                                                                                      Seems incredible u got a call about this
                                                                                                      Clearly stable didn't fancy it an iota

Comment

that was bad
                                                                                                        Has he finished yet??

Comment

that was bad
                                                                                                          What happened? that was ridiculous

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight View Post
                                                                                                            Non runner moved the market a little. 6 left in with place for top 2.
                                                                                                            Now there is a price move! In to 9/4

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight View Post
                                                                                                              Now there is a price move! In to 9/4
                                                                                                              Could start Fav yet

Comment

Jockey didn't cover himself in glory I think

Comment

Omg
                                                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

...sorry to see that happen...At least Jennies Jewel got up safely and no I'll effects...

Comment

Unlucky.

MBS kicks in for anyone who bet with PP

Comment

Unlucky Strewel, she seems to hate that favourites tag.

You'll get that elusive Punchestown win one day.
                                                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Ffs. Betting in running bets are not applicable.

If I phone then up and say that the horse had already fallen when the bet was placed do you think I'd have a case?

Someone who saw the race live please tell me what fence she fell at.
                                                                                                                          Last edited by Fiery Wasabi; 31-12-14, 13:58.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X