Snooker betting thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ahh Robbo. So close

Odds should be at least twice that, but these 2 are firing!

Comment

What was the price, seems to be cropped out, you probably sent from phone?.
      Yeah those prices for things like that is generally ridiculous Id say about 5/1. Horrendous prices for thise specials. Like Spurs to score 2 within 25mins 9/2 just because they scored 4 against City.

Comment

Price is in it. Says 17.00

Comment

Ah right!

Comment

This is ballsy! What a shot though.

Comment

Cahill is in the form of his life and is rising to the occasion. Like watching a young Becker.
              Wilson also stepping up to the plate. A new dawn.

Comment

Originally posted by Wesley Harms View Post
                Maguire will slaughter Cahill. Beat Ronnie at 20% with a top break of 80 odd. Be surprised if he gets 6
                Its your sheer consistency that I admire the most

Comment

Didn't see the first session of Hawkins v Wilson, but seems like a belter.

5 centuries in 8 frames (Hawkins 105, 130, 136, 137 and Wilson 111)

Frames 4, 5, 6, 7 all won by centuries.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                    Didn't see the first session of Hawkins v Wilson, but seems like a belter.

5 centuries in 8 frames (Hawkins 105, 130, 136, 137 and Wilson 111)

Frames 4, 5, 6, 7 all won by centuries.
                    Was fantastic snooker. And lightning quick too. Wilson left a few long ones on to let Hawkins in and he put on an exhibition once he got in. Think he finished up with 100% long pot success and 98% overall.

Comment

Nina Simone Feeling GoodBirds flying high you know how I feel Sun in the sky you know how I feel Breeze driftin' on by you know how I feel It's a new dawn I...

Comment

Couple of lads in JPs club last night stuck a few quid on Hawkins at 18/1 outright. Imagine they're feeling pretty good about that bet now whatever happens. Hes 9 or 10/1 now.

Comment

Think this is my first year in 5 not backing Hawkins outright. Sick of him getting your hopes up by breezing to the semis and always coming up short.

Not a whole lot of clutch players left. Ding and Trump both struggle mentally on the big stage. Robbo looking good but hasnt come close to fulfilling his potential so you'd be mad to place too much confidence in him.

Higgins could benefit from being the only consistent big tournament performer left in a field of windy opponents.
                          Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                            Think this is my first year in 5 not backing Hawkins outright. Sick of him getting your hopes up by breezing to the semis and always coming up short.

Not a whole lot of clutch players left. Ding and Trump both struggle mentally on the big stage. Robbo looking good but hasnt come close to fulfilling his potential so you'd be mad to place too much confidence in him.

Higgins could benefit from being the only consistent big tournament performer left in a field of windy opponents.
                            Backed Higgins this morning at 18/1 for those reasons. Been there, done that and plenty of bottle.

Comment

Think Robertson is a model for this myself. Hes got himself sorted and is playing great recently, hes fairly granite. Couldnt have Higgins for any price, has spoken of packing it in recently and how hes fed up with how hes playing. Think Ballrun should dispatch him from here.

Comment

Be an interesting tie. Robbo could steamroll him espeically given his extra rest in between rounds but if its in any way tight coming into the final session Higgins will do him. I'd personally make it 5/6 Robbo 6/5 Higgins but in reality Higgins will be a good bit bigger so he'll be a bet to progress
                                Last edited by The Situation; 29-04-19, 22:00.
                                Profit before people.

Comment

Be an interesting tie. Robbo could steamroll him espeically given his extra rest in between rounds but if its in any way tight coming into the final session Higgins will do him. I'd personally make it 5/6 Robbo 6/5 Higgins but in reality Higgins will be a good bit bigger so he'll be a bet to progress
                                  Higgins has no chance. Be very surprised if he gets to 8

Comment

Think you're right. Higgins you bastard. Playing vintage snooker in this tournament.

Comment

Was having dinner before Higgins v Bingham last night in a restaurant that had a few seats at the counter yesterday. Tight squeeze for 4 of us but the waitress says the guy sitting where I wanted would shift down. Two mins later Dennis Taylor is over my shoulder giving out to me for nicking his seat (jokingly). Then in walks Barry Hawkins just after losing. Quite awestruck walking into the Crucible for the first time.

Comment

Early matches a bit underwhelming. Surprised those in charge of logistics had the two more captivating games on at same time interval later.
                                        Profit before people.

Comment

The order of play is set and the same every year

Comment

Surprised those in charge of logistics had the two more captivating games on at same time interval later.
                                            They do a swapsie on day 2 of the quarter finals so it evens out a little.

Comment

Robertson is the best 2/1 shot of 2019.

Comment

Gary Wilson potentially making a world semi is grim stuff. Despite all the money in the game now at top end and the Chinese invasion, the average age of players making the latter stages of the worlds seems to be so old, youth just not featuring.
                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Backed Wilson first to 4 v Carter and goes 3-0 down but he wins the next 5!. Id say Carter be tilting in the evening session?.

Id say its great there, what sessions/days have you left zuutroy?. Sounds like your having a great time, anything annoying you at all, you dont seem like yourself!?
                                                  That Rob Walker fella doing the intros even!?

Comment

100% going over next year for a few days. We should organise an IPB jolly

I know a few others go to. MDwexford, Connie147, and maybe others.

Comment

Ah no its all good. Walker quite likeable. Just finished watching Trump. K Wilson now and then G Wilson in the morning. Had breakfast beside Hendry this morning. If I had to complain about something, the seats become hard on the back of a tall fella eventually!

Comment

100% going over next year for a few days. We should organise an IPB jolly

I know a few others go to. MDwexford, Connie147, and maybe others.
                                                        Andy goes most years, hes going next year also, luckforsome is going next year but think he wants semi or final only. Would head over myself for a day or two

Comment

York is meant to be excellent for the Masters. The Roman Gothic feel of the village, loads of good restaurants, pubs etc. Snookerbacker is always saying its the best place to spend time for a snooker week. The Barbican a great venue too.

Comment

Higgins did well to get in at 4-4 there. The pink in the 7th frame was class. Smacked in at super pace and perfect positioning for the last red up in baulk.

Comment

Robertson getting dragged into a game he doesnt want to play. Both averaging 26 seconds per shot which will only suit one man if it continues at that pace.
                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

York is the UK, Masters is London.

Comment

Sorry meant UK

Comment

Right behind Wilson and Gilbert tonight. Great seats.

Comment

At this rate it will be 4am by the time this game finishes tonight. Pure attritional warfare.
                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Thankfully on the other side this morning. Great standard.

Comment

Profit before people.

Comment

Robertson still wins. Just get a better price now

Comment

Steven "the maverick" Maguire. Who comes up with these

He looks like a man who has leftover 4-in-1 and a can of Karpackie for brekafast.
                                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                York is the UK, Masters is London.
                                                                                ...Heading to the semi final and final of the masters next year, got the 2 fully say passes, can't wait...Heading on my own, so if any IPBers are going over let me know...

Comment

I hope so. I'm on him too.

If all else fails, i think this bet is fairly safe. We're on 79 centuries. Should have went bigger

Comment

Pockets are a joke these days.

Comment

Wouldn't take a genius to work out which of these has been to seven world finals and which has only been to one. Neil so rarely produces what he can at the crucible.
                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Say more things m8. Keep saying things. You'll be right one time if you keep saying things

Comment

Had both players to score a century in the last session. Higgins bangs in 101 final frame. Fucking get in

Comment

Little bit of sour grapes from Robertson in his interview (some of it justified tbh)

Saying his lack of confidence in the cushions took away 30% of his game, that he played as well as he possibly could and that the chalk Higgins used made the conditions worse

Comment

I really like the 2.0 odds (sportingbet) about Gary Wilson scoring over 1.5 centuries in the SF v Trump. Nobody has scored more centuries than Wilson in the tournament (7 in total, 4 in his last match). The open, attacking game and the longer format should see lots of opportunities to get it done. All over it!

Comment

I really like the 2.0 odds (sportingbet) about Gary Wilson scoring over 1.5 centuries in the SF v Trump. Nobody has scored more centuries than Wilson in the tournament (7 in total, 4 in his last match). The open, attacking game and the longer format should see lots of opportunities to get it done. All over it!
                                                                                                That guy on your website who tipped up Gilbert to win the first quarter at 12/1 seems to be some sort of genius.

Comment

Look at that setup. Could easily have gone pro!

Last edited by Guest; 02-05-19, 07:23.

Comment

Look at that setup. Could easily have gone pro!

Straighten your left leg and open your stance, your balance will be way out and your back arm is like a chicken wing. You are one good twitch from taking someone’s eye out

Comment

Walked away with the silverware. Call me the Jim Furyk of snooker!

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                        That guy on your website who tipped up Gilbert to win the first quarter at 12/1 seems to be some sort of genius.
                                                                                                        Great tipping AJ. Will be sure to big it up

Straighten your left leg and open your stance, your balance will be way out and your back arm is like a chicken wing. You are one good twitch from taking someone’s eye out
                                                                                                        He's about 7foot so hard to keep it straight, but i agree Also, right foot should be pointing down the shot too

Comment

Walked away with the silverware. Call me the Jim Furyk of snooker!
                                                                                                          Whats the criteria for getting a go on the table and how many shots do you get?

Comment

Gilbert with a potential 147 on the go...

81 and counting

Edit - great effort. Ran out of position and missed the 15th black.
                                                                                                            Last edited by Flushdraw; 02-05-19, 14:34.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                                              Whats the criteria for getting a go on the table and how many shots do you get?
                                                                                                              Name on the list...15 minute wait when I was there. maybe 10 shots. A few practice goes and then the little skill test. I think they change them up.

Comment

Originally posted by limpwhacker
                                                                                                                Dream start for you.. Even you couldn't have expected to have one in the bag after 3 frames.... Hope you lumped on
                                                                                                                Yeah, i'm a little sick because i have him for the highest break at 125/1 too, and can't believe he didn't know! But getting halfway there after 3 frames is pretty good. He should be 3-0 and flying, but he is going to feeling well anyway

Comment

Originally posted by limpwhacker
                                                                                                                  Ah well at least Arsenal are 2-1 up after a shaky start
                                                                                                                  Yeah, could be 2-2. Did you see that miss from half a yard

Comment

Higgins under pressure here. Will probably take a Gilbert collapse, which doesn't look likely, for him to win now.

Comment

Gary Wilson is currently the greatest snooker player in the world.

Comment

Prssure or not, this is one abysmal match in terms of quality. Gilbert really making Higgins work for this brown envelope.

Comment

Higgins has been this bad all year. Gilbert just playing standard one - table debutant stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X