Golf Betting Thread 2016 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paul Dunne interview

Really good comp at start of podcast so even if not interested, if you have a acceptable handicap, listen for first 10 minutes or so

Explore the largest community of artists, bands, podcasters and creators of music & audio
    Last edited by Guest; 29-09-18, 16:31.

Comment

Kaymer, POD and Kjeldsen ew this week.

All have won this or other links tourney (Kjeldsen Irish Open in RCD) in miserable weather and have solid records around here. Forecast is to be cold.

All showing a bit of form. Well Kaymer had a top 15 last time out and hoping he kicks on with a new caddy.

Hopefully get a place out of one.

Comment

Kjeldson and POD ew again in Walton Heath.
        Added Nic Colsaerts in at big odds.

Tommy Pieters and Nick Watney in States/Malaysia

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
          Kjeldson and POD ew again in Walton Heath.
          Added Nic Colsaerts in at big odds.

Tommy Pieters and Nick Watney in States/Malaysia
          went for Brandon Stone 40 to 1, fresh and hitting a wee bit o form.

Thomas crazy odds in the US

Comment

Jonathan Byrd 6/4 10-places in the Sanderson Farms is a good bet. PP.

Comment

Value in the golf?

The Farmers insurance is on this week. They play off two courses, the north course (the easy one) and the south course (the harder one) . The market doesn’t always reflect this so if you fancy someone like Xander Schauffele (7 off the pace) he is 28 to 1 and has played the south course in 3 under. I think he’s worth a bet as he is in great from right now.

Comment

Wang and Ogilvy in Australia
                G-Mac, Snedeker and Lowry at Pebble Beach

doubles and dreams

Comment

after my failed foray in Horseracing last week , it’s back to bigs odds golf betting. For this week I’m going with Snedeker and Simpson to be 1st round leaders at the Valspar at 50s & 28s.

Comment

Three small outside ew darts this week.

Gmac - HAS to qualify for Portrush. He's put two good rounds together in a few tournies. Hopefully 4 soon. Says he loves it round here.
                    Watney - Never missed a cut round here and has played it a tonne. Same as Gmac. Has sparkled at times this year but not stringing 4 together.
                    SangMoon Bae - Pure dirt this year but was top of Monday qualifying for this and lost to Luke in a playoff here before when Luke was the hottest on the planet. Sky had him 400s 8 places earlier in week so took that.

If i got two of them to make the cut and one within a sniff of a good round on Sunday i'd be happy.

Comment

Only punt a couple times a year really so out of the loop but any chance Spieth pulls it together for The Masters @25s?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                        Only punt a couple times a year really so out of the loop but any chance Spieth pulls it together for The Masters @25s?
                        The odds for the masters are a pure disgrace. Can't remember a worse year for prices on the top shelf of players.

Surely it will get better in the next week.

Spieth is in bits at the moment.

Comment

He is capable of it but odds of 25s don’t reflect his chances . Should be much higher He seems to throw in far too many double/triple bogeys to enable him to take a tourney down at the moment.

I’d limit my field down to Rory, DustinJ, Bryson D, Justin Rose, and if he sorts out his mini bad run of form , Xander S, and because it’s Agusta, Tiger.

Comment

The odds for the masters are a pure disgrace. Can't remember a worse year for prices on the top shelf of players.

Surely it will get better in the next week.

Spieth is in bits at the moment.
                            No

He is fighting with himself and I don’t think his regular caddie is on board with him as his father passed away

Comment

Always a chance, esp at Augusta, but off the tee he has completely lost it atm. Losing multiple strokes per round OTT.

Comment

Coral are 10 places on the Masters, others should follow

Coral are also top price on... absolutely nobody

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                  Coral are 10 places on the Masters, others should follow

Coral are also top price on... absolutely nobody
                                  Paddy will be 10 places aswell

Comment

Nice to have a major in May.

Been on Sergio for a while. Really like him this week.
                                    On Bubba also and Pieters small.

Comment

Nice to have a major in May.

Been on Sergio for a while. Really like him this week.
                                      On Bubba also and Pieters small.
                                      The course record holder at huge odds and in form for a top 10.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                        The course record holder at huge odds and in form for a top 10.
                                        Haha, I seen his interview. The smile on his face saying it. A mate took the 500s top 10 Skybet last night.

Remember watching him go out with Tiger in the final group on Sat at the US Open here.
                                        Doesn't seem that long ago but that was the same day Ireland Drew with Cameroon in the WC in Japan
                                        Last edited by Silver-Tiger; 13-05-19, 10:57.

Comment

Just added Scott Piercy. 200s Powers top 10.

Something wrong there and won't be there for long.

He's 90s in other places.
                                          He finished second last night after going the whole week without a bogey. First player to do that for 9 years.
                                          Third in the Heritage a few weeks ago.
                                          2nd in the US Open to DJ at Oakmont in 2016. Not a million miles away from the test that is awaiting them here.

Comment

Just added Scott Piercy. 200s Powers top 10.

Something wrong there and won't be there for long.

He's 90s in other places.
                                            He finished second last night after going the whole week without a bogey. First player to do that for 9 years.
                                            Third in the Heritage a few weeks ago.
                                            2nd in the US Open to DJ at Oakmont in 2016. Not a million miles away from the test that is awaiting them here.
                                            He's a good pick for FRL. Had him at 80s a couple of years back. Lacking the belief at the business end. Should have won yesterday. So many weak putts

Comment

Backed Vegas 150/1 ew 10 places.

Coley put him up this morning.

Might back Lowry also. Did well at wet Pga last year and these type of tracks generally suit him when he’s on form.
                                              His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

He's a good pick for FRL. Had him at 80s a couple of years back. Lacking the belief at the business end. Should have won yesterday. So many weak putts
                                                This for sure but 40s for a top 10 is a great bet i think.

Comment

Took Rahm from the top.

One from the top, two from the middle and two from the bottom.

Rahm
                                                  Sergio, Bubba
                                                  Piercy , Pieters

Comment

Molinari. Hits it straight, not so short any more The odds on the favs are silly.

Comment

Lucas Beergarden FRL and outright

Comment

Cupcake may have made this the most boring major in years with that opening round.
                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                          Cupcake may have made this the most boring major in years with that opening round.
                                                          Poor auld Danny Lee just shot one of the greatest opening rounds in a major and he isn't even leading!!

Comment

Kevin Na at 125/1 8 places looks a decent bet for next week. Coming off a win. Was 7th in Oakmont, has a couple of T5 in the AT&T. Made the last 4 US open cuts and also Lowry.
                                                            Last edited by elbows; 09-06-19, 16:42.
                                                            His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

us open

mcilroy massive each way bet, 10 places, this year only been outside top ten twice,

Comment

Originally posted by arrymyboy View Post
                                                                mcilroy massive each way bet, 10 places, this year only been outside top ten twice,
                                                                He was 16s on Friday, hard to trust him at 8s.

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                                  He was 16s on Friday, hard to trust him at 8s.
                                                                  Yep, he has to be opposed at the prices since yesterday.

Comment

Playing Portrush tomorrow. Captains prize on Saturday. Mrs staying in her mums on Saturday night with the kids and US open. Doesn’t get much better than that.
                                                                    Last edited by elbows; 10-06-19, 08:13.

Comment

It's also probably the only course Rorys played more than once and never made a cut which cant be positive.

Mickelson top 5'd the last US Open there and has won the pro/am there 5 times, I know half that tournament is played on a different course but still formidable.
                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                        Kevin Na at 125/1 8 places looks a decent bet for next week. Coming off a win. Was 7th in Oakmont, has a couple of T5 in the AT&T. Made the last 4 US open cuts and also Lowry.
                                                                        Sound. I've taken some Na. took 100s and 10 places.

On Spieth at 33s from earlier in the year which i'm very happy with and Snedeker at 80s.
                                                                        On EVR too but regretting that i think.

If all the Money comes for Rory / Dj / Brooks and Spieth hits 20s i'm going back in.

Comment

Sound. I've taken some Na. took 100s and 10 places.

On Spieth at 33s from earlier in the year which i'm very happy with and Snedeker at 80s.
                                                                          On EVR too but regretting that i think.

If all the Money comes for Rory / Dj / Brooks and Spieth hits 20s i'm going back in.
                                                                          I really liked Spieth and was about to back him at 25/1 a month ago but left it. He’s been slowly getting back to his best with the putter. He needs his irons to improve a bit but he’s close and this test should be perfect as he won’t need to hit a lot of drivers. I like tiger for that reason too but think the way the course will be brings a few more into.

I backed Lowry at 100/1 on Thursday night.

Probably won’t back anyone else until Wednesday when i get some course reports.

Comment

Lads if you don’t back Rory at 9s you are doing it wrong. He’s been working on his wedges (extra wedge in the bag now) and if he hits fairways he wins this pulling away. I won’t aftertime as I know ye are precious about it but this weekend was coming big time. Thank your stars there are other that scare the bookies also but for me Rory is the stand out bet. I’m going back in anyhoo. Good luck. Speith will need to nail his usual 8 to 10 from 15+ feet. He’s nearly there back to his old self but I can’t see past Rory for this. 9s the field? Golf is in a golden era but there is a place for a closer to take down a few of these big ones this year.

Comment

Lads if you don’t back Rory at 9s you are doing it wrong. He’s been working on his wedges (extra wedge in the bag now) and if he hits fairways he wins this pulling away. I won’t aftertime as I know ye are precious about it but this weekend was coming big time. Thank your stars there are other that scare the bookies also but for me Rory is the stand out bet. I’m going back in anyhoo. Good luck. Speith will need to nail his usual 8 to 10 from 15+ feet. He’s nearly there back to his old self but I can’t see past Rory for this. 9s the field? Golf is in a golden era but there is a place for a closer to take down a few of these big ones this year.
                                                                              I fall into the Rory trap before every major like you mention above Solks. He is the best player on his day IMO but there is something happening in the majors that is stopping him. All of the above that you said was valid before the Masters and the PGA, he has been on form and won the players but then is just meh at the majors.

For me, I think it is mad that Rory, DJ and Brooks are always similarly priced. Since DJ or Rory last won a Major Brooks has won FOUR! Less than 30 golfers have ever won 4 majors or more. EVER! and he has done that since Rory or DJ won their last?!

I think he is just a much better bet at the same prices. Fancy a cheeky match bet of Brooks vs Rory?

Comment

Eoghan. 50er?

Comment

Eoghan. 50er?
                                                                                  Yep sounds good!

Good luck

Comment

Rory won't start fav, seeing over reaction money from the weekend but pros will push him out a bit before the off so taking the current price isn't wise imo.
                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

As Sit said Phil seems big @ 55 given his results here, lots within striking distance outside of wins too.

Small punt on Lucas Glover @300s, he had a decent first few months including T7 in ProAm, he's won a US Open before and he was quite highly ranked in GIR among others a couple months ago so maybe finds some form.

Comment

Yiz sure don't like money. Phil will miss the cut.

Comment

Are there any sites doing top amateur betting?

This bloke is 300/1 outright..

EDIT: 7/2 for Best Amateur with B365 ... on that

Last edited by TheJiggaman; 11-06-19, 11:56.

Comment

Racing Post - Steve Palmer tips - 4pts ew Woods 12-1; 2.5ew Cantlay 18/1; 2ew Xander 28/1; 1ew Snedeker 50/1; 1ew Mickelson 55/1; 0.5ew Grace 150/1
                                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Rory won't start fav, seeing over reaction money from the weekend but pros will push him out a bit before the off so taking the current price isn't wise imo.
                                                                                              So Rory is 8s joint fav. Hope you got on at 9s like wot i said.

Comment

So Rory is 8s joint fav. Hope you got on at 9s like wot i said.
                                                                                                I'm not sure where you shop but you can get bigger than 10/1 on betfair where he's drifted and isnt the fav.
                                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

I'm not sure where you shop but you can get bigger than 10/1 on betfair where he's drifted and isnt the fav.
                                                                                                  Not on betfair since the incident . Stick 50 on for me and I'll send you the monies. Only if it's neigh bother .

8s and fav on betfair sportsbook
                                                                                                  Last edited by Solksjaer!; 12-06-19, 10:27.

Comment

Not on betfair since the incident . Stick 50 on for me and I'll send you the monies. Only if it's neigh bother .

8s and fav on betfair sportsbook
                                                                                                    Well theres several other exchanges you can get bigger than 10's there Willie too. Dont sell yourself short.

And betfair sportsbook mirror PP odds where they've cut him as likely have massive exposure on him due to the everyday Irish idiots knee jerk reaction to his weekends performance.

But if we're talking his true odds the exchanges are the most relevant source.
                                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Readily available at 9s with the British bookies and 10s with 2 random sites.

There is more than PP out there Willie! Ill do the 50 at 9s of you want.

Comment

CT Pan for FRL ew at 125/1 T8

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                                                                          Readily available at 9s with the British bookies and 10s with 2 random sites.

There is more than PP out there Willie! Ill do the 50 at 9s of you want.
                                                                                                          Already have him at 9s. And at evens with Koepka with some generous soul who doesn't like money

Comment

Speaking of not liking money Piercy for 1st round leader is a punt

Comment

The only issue with the exchanges for golf is sometimes the lack of liquidity and slightly lower offerings on the derivative markets.

Take Lucas Glover who I backed. 320s matched(now 280) on win market while 110s offered ew 1/5 10 places plus you have to pay commission.
                                                                                                              My account has slightly less commission so it isn't too bad but still significant.

Compare that to Powers/SkyBet/Boyles who'll offer you 125/1 10 places, difference works out around 20% in the event of binking.

No doubts about using the exc for outrights but ew and derivative markets the sportsbooks are often better value.

Comment

No doubt but if you're smart/disciplined enough to regularly take advantage of place market mathematical edges on sportsbooks you won't have an account for too long so there's that.
                                                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

No doubt but if you're smart/disciplined enough to regularly take advantage of place market mathematical edges on sportsbooks you won't have an account for too long so there's that.
                                                                                                                  Absolutely, no need to win, you just have to show you might.

I assume all books are pretty much overbroke for the majors anyway?

Powers relying on the Willie's of world to lump on Rory @8s

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                                                                                                    Absolutely, no need to win, you just have to show you might.

I assume all books are pretty much overbroke for the majors anyway?

Powers relying on the Willie's of world to lump on Rory @8s
                                                                                                                    I'm on at 9s and golf betting is the only sport I'm a long term winner at . I'm no pro gambler so I don't need to balance the books daily . My last winnings pays for the year of weekly golf betting. Powers want me punting on ggs

Comment

I'm on at 9s and golf betting is the only sport I'm a long term winner at . I'm no pro gambler so I don't need to balance the books daily . My last winnings pays for the year of weekly golf betting. Powers want me punting on ggs
                                                                                                                      Completely joking, if it wasn't for Willet binking The Masters I'd definitely be down on golf.

I suspect most people punting golf full time aren't relying on picking pre match outrights anyway.

The likes of these: https://www.mustardsystems.com/
                                                                                                                      are the ones hovering up the money in the golf markets. Placing all prematch bets before the off and then running their pricing models in play for some of the bookies.

Comment

Portrush was mint yesterday. The new holes are great and they have added a few new bunkers and pro tees. Should be a good test for the open if they get some wind. We had the course pretty much to ourselves and the round took 5 1/2 hours as we sauntered around taking it all in.

Shot 9 over in a gale hitting only 1 GiR which was satisfying.

Comment

Someone tell me why I shouldn't back Fowler
                                                                                                                          https://twitter.com/#!/TedCullinane1

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X