Golf Betting Thread 2016 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
    Getting on Ricky 7/1 without Lowry. He plays his best stuff on a Sunday when he has no real chance of winning and pressure is off.
    Backed Westwood in the same market, figured he'd continue to plug away while others chased a tad more.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
      Backed Westwood in the same market, figured he'd continue to plug away while others chased a tad more.
      I think Westy has the record for most top 10's in majors without winning one. Although Ricky will overtake him in not too long at the rate he's going at. Spectacular at going close with rarely ever really looking like winning.
      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
        Going with Fowler for top 10 . Only bet .

Hope something mad like an Irishman wins
        MAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDDDDD STUFFFFF

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
          MAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDDDDD STUFFFFF
          Nice, what price was that for top 10?. Thought I had a squeak with Westwood after 2rds.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
            Nice, what price was that for top 10?. Thought I had a squeak with Westwood after 2rds.
            I lost more when I reinvested on Stenson. Profits were minimal but Lowry winning was sweet so who cares .

Comment

Charlie Hull 5 off lead on a course she has apparently been a member of since she was 11 in women's open, 20/1 a bit of value!?

*Bogey on first, bunker on second, as soon as I mention a bet it goes bad
              Last edited by Elshambles; 04-08-19, 13:31.
              PMA

Comment

Wow first post of 2020. So I thought I’d start it off with a 1000 shot on Betfair.

Andrew Landry. Contended at Oakmont when Lowry nearly won. Has a win and a playoff loss around a Pete Dye course. Going to be really firm by Thursday and some wind at the weekend. Has made the cut here on his 2 starts and has shot a 67 and a 68. Coming in off a break so form unknown but worth a €10
                His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Golf is back.

Few ew bets for me this week.

Sung Jae 33’s
                  Spieth 40s
                  Kiz 80s

"The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity."

Comment

All EW

Webb Simpson 22/1
                    Lowery 70/1
                    Harman 125/1
                    Merritt 300/1

FRL
                    Win only

Rory at 28/1
                    Simpson 42/1
                    Harman 110/1
                    Merritt 175/1
                    PMA

Comment

I'm on Simpson, Koepka, Spieth, Woodland and Stricker each way.

Haven't backed anybody for FRL yet but looking at Harris English and Ryan Palmer as possibilities.
                      'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Went for English and Palmer for frl.
                        'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Ready for battle with my platoon. All ew, 8 places

Bryson DeChambeau
                          Matt Kuchar
                          Gary Woodland
                          Daniel Berger
                          Jim Furyk
                          Si Woo Kim

​​​​​​This course is about accuracy off the tee, some small greens so GIR, proximity to pin and scrambling are all important tools.
                          Furyk is no.1 in GIR, no.3 in proximity to pin and no.1 in driving accuracy but a scrambler. Still a must have at 125/1.
                          Si Woo Kim was beaten in a playoff in this two years. Guy suffers a lot with injuries but when fit he can be really good as his players championship win a couple of years couple of years ago shows.
                          De Chambeau has been top ten in this a couple of times and had a good run past week.
                          Daniel Berger is the hottest golfer on your both prior to and post covid-19, winning last week and up to something like 24 consecutive under par rounds.
                          Gary Woodland is a magnificent ball striker, accurate driver, well up in for, ptp and scrambling. His weakness is putting but these greens are not as difficult so puts him and n with a great chance I think.
                          Finally Matt Kuchar is well up in all categories, like him a lot for this. It's just a perfect course for him.

Frl, I'm deffo doing Kuchar. Gonna look a bit more at it before I add anybody else.

Comment

Added Harold Varner III in running at 80/1 and Daniel Berger at 45/1 for FRL.

Comment

Working...
                            X