No announcement yet.

Golf Betting Thread 2016 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The form Bubba is in he could rip it up too. Took him at 30's a few weeks back.
    No better man around Augusta imo. He has more repeat wins on PGA tour than he has individual wins which is bizarre, seems a couple of courses are very much suited to his unique style.
    Profit before people.

Comment

Think there are more golfers this year in decent form coming into the masters who have decent records there than any other. I would have a slight negative towards players getting to the latter stages of the match play as I think it can take a lot out of players.. Hard to choose one to smash ew at the top of the market. Might back Jimmy Walker ew who has shown glimpses of form and has a t10. If Speith keeps drifting I will probably back hiim and Matsu if he drifts a bit more. Dechamb at anything over 100/1 and Bubba over 25/1 are very good bets imo.
      His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Skimmed thru the prices when I saw that sky going 10 places, they skinny enough on "the masters guys" and top price on one person inside 300/1

That must be some book they running

Comment

Serious start to the Kisner/Noren match. Kisner one up through four and has halved the last two holes with birdies.
          'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
            Skimmed thru the prices when I saw that sky going 10 places, they skinny enough on "the masters guys" and top price on one person inside 300/1

That must be some book they running
            Until he comes one of the 10 people to be joint tenth.
            airport, lol

Comment

Sigh..all the value on Bubba is gone. He's absolutely nailed on to go close in Augusta this year. Seems like a no brainer bet to nothing. 16s is fair now but not sure if I can after refusing to pull the trigger at bigger prices.. I can't believe how sensitive the Masters betting has been. I've had a close eye on it for months. Whilst the reaction to Bubba is understandable, prices get hammered on players for having a decent front 9 in any tournament. Some of the moves were ridiculous. It leads to very poor value imo.

So I totally agree with the Bubba love on here and also the point Elbows made about it being so open. It's the most exciting Masters for years. At the moment, serious top 5 contenders for me are Tiger, Phil and Bryson. Rose and Casey are also guaranteed to be on the premises. I may be made an eegit of but I don't really fancy DJ or Jordan and I would still have concerns over Rory. I really thought Day was coming back to form recently and his price has gone out a bit but I'm not so keen now. I think Grace is a big price but has been in poor form. Hao Tong Li the same. Ryan Moore is a decent price also. I'll stop now before I name the entire field. Just cannot wait. Still only have Bryson backed at 125s and 90s but will add more. I'm sure people know the good sources at this stage but sporting life golf tips (Ben Coley) betfair golf betting tips and golfpuntersguide (including comments section) are great sources..not to mention irishpokerboards (excluding my "tips").

Comment

Coley has his player by player live on Sporting life. Look forward to this every year and never disappoints.

Ben Coley provides a guide to every player in the field ahead of the Masters, which begins at Augusta National on Thursday.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                  Until he comes one of the 10 people to be joint tenth.
                  Just backed spleith ew 10 places

If he finishes 7/8 on his own you owe me 1/5th of one point

Comment

Matt Kuchar 9/2 on bet365 for a top 10. He has 4 in the past 6 years at the Masters and is showing good form for past month with 3 top 10s

Lump
                    Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Think Ryan Moore @ 100/1 will be my pin sticking attempt, has shown he can play well around Augusta at times.

Comment

Ladbrokes still only 5 places.

How do they attract business for Golf?

Worst bookies by a distance imo

Comment

Betstars currently best price on top 17 in the market but also have their promo if your selection trades at a higher price at either end of R1 or R2 you get paid at that price (max €1k stake - win part of bet only)

Only downside is only first 5 in EW market for EW punters.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post

Was looking earlier and the places paying ten did not have one top price between them. Hard to know what way is better value. Take Casey for instance. 25/1 1/4 5 places or 20/1 1/5 10 places?

Comment

Speith 1st rd leader.

Thomas overall.

For more info ring 0800-mike bullocks
                              50 cents a second

Comment

I wouldn't touch 5 places. It's either 22s and 8 places with PP or 20s as you said, paying 10 places. I think on balance you'd have to go for the 10 places there. If he comes 8th, you won't be kicking yourself you didn't take 22s. However, if he comes 9th, you'd be annoyed you didn't take 20s.

I made a mistake and backed Pieters at 50s with PP, not realising he was 66s with BS for 7 places. Obviously in that scenario, the play is to take the bigger price.

I've added Poulter at 66s with BS and Hao Tong Li also. Will be adding Dechambeau FRL.

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                  Was looking earlier and the places paying ten did not have one top price between them. Hard to know what way is better value. Take Casey for instance. 25/1 1/4 5 places or 20/1 1/5 10 places?
                                  Personally, outside 4 or 5 at the top of the market, I'd be going with the extra places and reduced terms.

read an interview with Dave Tindall discussing this actually.

Comment

Yeah i'd take the places every time.

Comment

Have you looked at the prices they are offering especially the top of the market and at 1/4 if each way is your thing??
                                      Plus if you do win only they will boost the price.
                                      So makes them one of the better books alongside Betstars.

Comment

Run it over a number of times and the places will be far more profitable surely.

Comment

Run it over a number of times and the places will be far more profitable surely.
                                          Doubtful with all the players tied for spots the further you go down the leaderboard.

Masters bet: Tiger to win. All in
                                          airport, lol

Comment

Another option is to bet half your stake with whoever is offering the best odds and the other half with whoever offers the most places.

Comment

Not even close.

With the majority of events ending with ties on the place part (sure the figure is well over 50%) dead heat rule is applied for every extra player tied.
                                              For example if 3 players tie for 7th (paying 7) then the calculation is 1/3 (33.33%) of your original expected return.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Sheen View Post
                                                Think Ryan Moore @ 100/1 will be my pin sticking attempt, has shown he can play well around Augusta at times.
                                                Backed him and Matsuyama at 35s both e/w 8 places

Comment

Also paying in full if player ties in top 5 or top 10 market. I'm sold! Betstars that is
                                                  Last edited by lowkicker; 03-04-18, 17:55.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooch View Post
                                                    Not even close.

With the majority of events ending with ties on the place part (sure the figure is well over 50%) dead heat rule is applied for every extra player tied.
                                                    For example if 3 players tie for 7th (paying 7) then the calculation is 1/3 (33.33%) of your original expected return.
                                                    I understand that. But also if 3 players tie for 7th or even 8th and they're paying 10 places it's a full place return vs Zilch in Laddies.

Look how many times any golfer wins in any given year. You should be looking to make your money on places not winners.

Comment

I understand that. But also if 3 players tie for 7th or even 8th and they're paying 10 places it's a full place return vs Zilch in Laddies.

Look how many times any golfer wins in any given year. You should be looking to make your money on places not winners.
                                                      In my example i had said paying 7 place.

Lets say you back one point win or half a point each way per tournament below ill post a few examples

Comment

Patton Kazzire at 460's on BF seems large for a man second in the Fed ex cup standings this season.
                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Stable Set

DJ top bet e/w. Took the 13s with Powers today.
                                                          Cantlay and Reed e/w

Peanuts on Hadwin and Bubba at 40s. Emptied an account for a measily €7e/w. Sick.

Good luck all. Wishing today away.

Comment

Spieth. Again.

Comment

Dechambeau 4pts ew
                                                              Pieters 3pts ew
                                                              Poulter 2pts ew
                                                              Li 1 pt ew

FRL's

Dechambeau 2pts ew
                                                              Pieters 2pts ew

GLA

Comment

TIGER to miss the cut 4 to 1

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                  TIGER to miss the cut 4 to 1
                                                                  Remember there are only 89 players including a host of veterans with no chance and a number if amateurs and the cut mark is Top 50 and ties.

Comment

LOUIS Ousthuizen.

Winner alright.
                                                                    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by premierstone View Post
                                                                      Remember there are only 89 players including a host of veterans with no chance and a number if amateurs and the cut mark is Top 50 and ties.
                                                                      Good point . However if he has a mare he can go high. LANGER at 500 to 1 worth a sniff sway. Killing the seniors

Comment

The Kuch is the main ew bet
                                                                        T hatton Fattybarnrat and Webb Simpson all ew
                                                                        Fatty and Webb 1st round leaders

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post
                                                                          The Kuch is the main ew bet
                                                                          T hatton Fattybarnrat and Webb Simpson all ew
                                                                          Fatty and Webb 1st round leaders
                                                                          I remember the Kuch caught on mic after he ballooned one high and right into the water

GOOD GOLLY.

Such a nice guy. :-)

Comment

mcilroy, kuchar, de chambeau, and bubba,

stenson FRL

Comment

Ross Fisher is my main one. Fisher can be streaky so could be a good FRL. Highest finish 15th.
                                                                              Also on
                                                                              R. Moore
                                                                              C. Smith
                                                                              B. Grace
                                                                              P. Perez
                                                                              B. Steele
                                                                              K. Stanley

Comment

Finau

Comment

Finau

Comment

Have had my first ever golf bet on Chappell cos Elbows said he's definitely gonna win! €2.50 each way. High roller.

Comment

I’ve bet about 10 but nobody really cares who they are.

Comment

Boyle’s: 1/1 Both Spieth & McIlroy to finish Top 20 plus ties, cracking bet.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                          All EW 8 places (or 10) no doubt

Comment

🤢
                                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                              Ah sure throw them up for the craic and don't take yourself so seriously

Comment

Originally posted by Arazi View Post
                                                                                                All EW 8 places (or 10) no doubt
                                                                                                Some 6 1/4!

Comment

I'd hate to see my lifetime golf P&L, nothing short of an atrocity I'd say. Doesn't stop you coming back every major though.
                                                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                    I'd hate to see my lifetime golf P&L, nothing short of an atrocity I'd say. Doesn't stop you coming back every major though.
                                                                                                    Snap, don’t think I’ve ever bet a winner of a major, I just treat the Masters as a form of spring tax

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                      Ah sure throw them up for the craic and don't take yourself so seriously
                                                                                                      Woodland or Aphribarnrat would be decent results

Comment

He is a man of god and playing Sunday goes against his religion as a mormon.
                                                                                                        He drags himself to play Sundays if needs be. He will be relieved in a way.
                                                                                                        Last edited by rounders123; 04-04-18, 21:42. Reason: Mormon

Comment

Good luck to everyone.

I am on Chappell and Walker ew.

Walker and Schwartzal FRL.

Heard todaythat Walker has a bad case of the snap hooks so probably money done.

Traded in and out of Steele, Aphi and Perez and still have some juice left.

There is probably 30 guys that I think can win it.
                                                                                                          His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Spieth & Casey both ew

Frl
                                                                                                            Spieth, Casey & Patton

Comment

Binked McIlroy in the sweepstake in work. Nice little sweat anyway.

Have him for frl leader too.
                                                                                                              Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

McIlroy, Henley, Chappell, Steele.

Poulter, Perez, Schwartzel FRL
                                                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

Henley, Moore, Finau and Finau FRL. Finau not looking good

Comment

Added Kuchar FRL on the machine at 60

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                                                                      Good luck to everyone.

.
                                                                                                                      .
                                                                                                                      .
                                                                                                                      .
                                                                                                                      .
                                                                                                                      .
                                                                                                                      .

There is probably 30 guys that I think can win it.
                                                                                                                      FWIW this is as close to "No Bet" as our resident golf tipster elbows can possibly give in the lead up to the masters

Comment

Looking at the weather the afternoon looks flat calm. Backed Rose 25/1, Kuchar 33/1 and Hadwin 66/1 for bogey free round 1

Comment

Outright
                                                                                                                          Dustin Johnson 14.5
                                                                                                                          Jordan Spieth 12
                                                                                                                          Hideki Matsuyama 37
                                                                                                                          Ryan Moore 141

All straight win bets but plan to lay them all off if/when they get shorter

Match Bets
                                                                                                                          Rose v Woods
                                                                                                                          Rose 1.735

Casey v Fowler
                                                                                                                          Casey 1.877

Each Way Bet
                                                                                                                          Leishman 56
                                                                                                                          The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X