No announcement yet.

Golf Betting Thread 2016 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haven't had time to keep up with the golf in a while so just throw a few bets on from tips here. Stenson, GMAC, Harrington, Els, Piercy and back Somin Lee in play. FRL; Monty, shinkwin, Fury, Mollinari. Layed Spieth top 20 and Mcillroy top 5

Comment

They were just talking about DJ and the rules fuck up at the US Open and how well he did to hold it together

IMO the whole farce probably helped him a bit, in so far as it took his mind off him being a known as a choker and worrying about losing again

+Gave him something to fight against!?

Comment

The open App showing double for anyone else.

V tilting.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
          No as in any player in the whole field to have a bogey free round 11/10 (now evens)
          On this for a bit. Fun one to sweat. Soomin Lee made it to 16 earlier before a bogey. Not many left to continue the sweat now - Finau 4 to go. I think it was decent value at 11/10 and Evs.

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
            On this for a bit. Fun one to sweat. Soomin Lee made it to 16 earlier before a bogey. Not many left to continue the sweat now - Finau 4 to go. I think it was decent value at 11/10 and Evs.
            Finau gets it done. Nice shout yet again elbows.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
              I've jumped aboard Soren Kjeldsen ftw.
              -3 today which seems acceptable for a 200\1 shot.

G'wan horsey!
              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                -3 today which seems acceptable for a 200\1 shot.

G'wan horsey!
                -4 and the horrible weather coming tomorrow should suit him too. GL
                His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

-4 and the horrible weather coming tomorrow should suit him too. GL
                  Had him and z Johnson ew for frl
                  So a happy day so far

Comment

Hats off to Punxsutawney Phil.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post

I'm on Westwood, Sullivan, Furyk, McDowell.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                        Kaymer, Oosthuizen, Mickleson, Westwood.

Nice darts.

Comment

If those winds come tomorrow the whole thing could change very quickly. The likes of Donaldson and Harrington are well placed if it gets really bad, Spieth too.
                          'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

If it wasn't for variance i'd lose em all.

http://twitter.com/#!/NiallSmythers

Comment

Wp shane Lowry

On mick's missed putt for 62

"that was huge for me. No way I was coming back from 16 down "

Comment

Hadn't had a bet here yet but just took a swing with P Reed ew at 20s

Comment

Originally posted by bantee View Post
                                  Went e/w on Knox 80/1, Colsaerts 100/1 & Finau 200/1. Tempted by Grace and Danny Lee too but I'll leave it at 3.
                                  All made the cut but only got a sweat from Finau on final day for a top 8 spot but he blew up big style

Comment

Good weekend
                                    T Hatton placed
                                    A Johnston placed
                                    A baddley winner in barbasol in playoff

Comment

Not a Stenson between us. Brutal.

PGA coming around quick. Wouldn't be surprised to see him pull a 08 POD.

That was some of the highest quality golf I've ever watched.

Comment

Golf was savage. Probably the most I have enjoyed a major outside of Harringtons. Lost my bollocks though. Early one for this week price dependent is Sam Saunders.
                                        His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Golf was savage. Probably the most I have enjoyed a major outside of Harringtons. Lost my bollocks though. Early one for this week price dependent is Sam Saunders.
                                          Sam is a bottler , only time I back him is the barbasol and barracuda where fields are weaker, always hoped he would develope into a fine golfer of his own and not depend on his grandad for a sponsors invite like in his early years. But he can't finish out a tournament.

I know this is a mini rant of mine but would like to hear your view on the man...

Comment

Originally posted by Hooch View Post
                                            Sam is a bottler , only time I back him is the barbasol and barracuda where fields are weaker, always hoped he would develope into a fine golfer of his own and not depend on his grandad for a sponsors invite like in his early years. But he can't finish out a tournament.

I know this is a mini rant of mine but would like to hear your view on the man...
                                            Living in the shadow of grandpa isn't easy. Played well last 2 weeks (never backed him before) lost in a playoff in Puerto Rico last year I think. T20 in this last year. 125/1 not bad. (But hoping for 200/1)

Also like Roberto Castro 90/1 with PP 7 places and Colt Knost 80/1 with B365. (Both can't finish off tournies either)

Might take a chance on Blixt who has good stats for this although not in best of form 150/1. Stenson winning might put some pep in his step.

Plenty of guys who I would never consider backing because of never winning have been getting it over the line this year. Think this is the year of the nearly men.
                                            Last edited by elbows; 18-07-16, 19:36.

Comment

Living in the shadow of grandpa isn't easy. Played well last 2 weeks (never backed him before) lost in a playoff in Puerto Rico last year I think. T20 in this last year. 125/1 not bad. (But hoping for 200/1)

Also like Roberto Castro 90/1 with PP 7 places and Colt Knost 80/1 with B365. (Both can't finish off tournies either)

Might take a chance on Blixt who has good stats for this although not in best of form 150/1. Stenson winning might put some pep in his step.

Plenty of guys who I would never consider backing because of never winning have been getting it over the line this year. Think this is the year of the nearly men.
                                              Was a 5 way playoff if I remember correctly, taught he was going to get physically sick on the tee of the playoff. But having watched him Friday and Saturday I'll be giving him a miss this week and back into the keep an eye on category. By the way where did you see 125s for Sam?? Only 80s on bet365.

Will be giving colt another run was dissapointed from a punting perspective that he qualified for the open, really felt The barbasol would be his tournament. Playing very solid stuff this year.
                                              Going to look at Campbell, Kim and Grillo.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooch View Post
                                                Was a 5 way playoff if I remember correctly, taught he was going to get physically sick on the tee of the playoff. But having watched him Friday and Saturday I'll be giving him a miss this week and back into the keep an eye on category. By the way where did you see 125s for Sam?? Only 80s on bet365.

Will be giving colt another run was dissapointed from a punting perspective that he qualified for the open, really felt The barbasol would be his tournament. Playing very solid stuff this year.
                                                Going to look at Campbell and Kim and Grillo.
                                                Skybet 125/1. Couldn't argue with the 3 you mentioned. Campbell has a great record here, Kim should have won last week and Grillo will win again soon. Might save him for the PGA

Comment

Just the home boy Delaet for me this week. Not a man that likes to win... But finished very strong last week and should be up for his home open. Top 7 with powers.

Comment

Castro and Blixt FRL. Wind picking up slightly in the afternoon so small advantage to morning guys. Huizing on the challenge tour from Twitter. Also Ames in the Senior Open. Finished T5 and T9 in the main open before. Always fancied him as a good tough course player. Not amazing form but certainly capable at 100/1.
                                                    Last edited by elbows; 19-07-16, 21:41.

Comment

Stephen Ames theres a blast from the past. Wouldnt disagree.
                                                      Id include Jesper Parnevik, Kevin Sutherland and Paul Broadhurst other tough gnashers those last 2 if not the actual gnashers Ames has. Another tough cookie on his day Scott Verplank 150/1+ always one to keep it straight with good course management.

Comment

Id include Jesper Parnevik, Kevin Sutherland and Paul Broadhurst other tough gnashers those last 2 if not the actual gnashers Ames has. Another tough cookie on his day Scott Verplank 150/1+ always one to keep it straight with good course management.
                                                        I was always fond of the plank.

Comment

Streelman and Crane FRL and FTW
                                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

De leat and Hearn in Canadian open
                                                            M o Meara in the seniors open

Comment

I was always fond of the plank.
                                                              Yeah me too. Never one to double bogey he was always slow and steady so safe for a match bet.
                                                              Form can reawaken from nowhere in the seniors majors which is why big prices doesmt seem wasted money.

Comment

Nice one on Broadhurst

Comment

Anyone know if a good finish from Ogilvy today would qualify him for the USPGA? I haven't a clue

just saw his interview..he won't be in it..I'll be backing him for the rest of the year anyway.
                                                                  Last edited by TonyCascarino; 24-07-16, 17:56.

Comment

I've backed Kuchar @ 50s and JB holmes @ 80s 7 places with SkyBet so far.

JB is interesting.

Some big tournaments out of him this year. Great stretch at the start of the year. 6,6,11,11 on the west coast swing. 5th @ The Masters and more recently a 4th @ Memorial and solo 3rd @ the Open.
                                                                    Playing aswell as he ever has post Brain surgery and might be ready to take a step up.
                                                                    He was Flying @ Oakland Hills in 08 before he shat himself and POD took the tournie by the bollix.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                      I've backed Kuchar @ 50s and JB holmes @ 80s 7 places with SkyBet so far.

JB is interesting.

Some big tournaments out of him this year. Great stretch at the start of the year. 6,6,11,11 on the west coast swing. 5th @ The Masters and more recently a 4th @ Memorial and solo 3rd @ the Open.
                                                                      Playing aswell as he ever has post Brain surgery and might be ready to take a step up.
                                                                      He was Flying @ Oakland Hills in 08 before he shat himself and POD took the tournie by the bollix.
                                                                      Backed Holmes too and VJ for some stupid reason.

Comment

Coley's tips

1pt e.w. Branden Grace at 66/1 (Betfred, totesport 1/4 1,2,3,4,5,6) - placed in this last year plus last two US Opens and has a huge chance

1pt e.w. Justin Rose at 40/1 (BetVictor 1/4 1,2,3,4,5,6) - may be peaking at the right time while others have had busy summers already

2pts e.w. Sergio Garcia at 30/1 (Betfred, totesport 1/4 1,2,3,4,5,6) - in great form and will be inspired by Stenson's performance

1pt e.w. Brandt Snedeker at 66/1 (General 1/4 1,2,3,4,5,6) - all wins easy to telegraph so T5 on Sunday a massive pointer

1pt e.w. Jason Dufner at 100/1 (General 1/4 1,2,3,4,5,6) - win and four places in US majors; game suited to tee-to-green test

Comment

Snedeker

Grace
                                                                          Holmes

Comment

Got on the Snedeker train also.

Comment

Got on the Snedeker train also.
                                                                              No Rory. Lots of rain. Should play right into his hands.

Comment

Will we get 10s on Rory by the off?

He'd be my one from the top.

Have 3 from the middle and Horschel from the bottom.

Comment

Will we get 10s on Rory by the off?

He'd be my one from the top.

Have 3 from the middle and Horschel from the bottom.
                                                                                  I think people will cop on to the fact it will play soft. Someone might do a price boost tomorrow morning though.

I didn't back him but stuck him in an ew double with Gribble on the web.com

Comment

What's the final stable for yourself?

Comment

What's the final stable for yourself?
                                                                                      Holmes and VJ (both FRL too), Steele, Beef and Kaymer. Kaymer mainly because the last time he won the PGA I backed him for the open and didn't for the PGA.

Coley put up Hend and VJ FRL
                                                                                      Last edited by elbows; 26-07-16, 12:03.

Comment

Anyone doing 8 places?

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                                          Anyone doing 8 places?
                                                                                          No 7 and 1/5th

Comment

No 7 and 1/5th
                                                                                            Whats your thoughts on blaring out 7 places and then having only 1/5th
                                                                                            Good for outsiders I suppose, however then there odds are a good % lower then the best sites,

Comment

Ben Coley's FRL bets

Zach Johnson, Colesearts, Shinkwin and Monty.

I think he must read IPB's
                                                                                              A few FRL darts this week. Warren, Shinkwin, Hend and JB Hansen

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                              Got on the Paud and GMac bandwagon last week

€10 ew VJ Singh FRL @300/1 with Victor 5 places

Scanned the list and his named really popped up at that price, bit of recent form, wants to say fuck you to the world, prefect place to do it

might add more in morning

Coley put up Hend and VJ FRL
                                                                                              Last edited by Guest; 26-07-16, 14:16.

Comment

Went with your recommendations of Hend ew and added Snedeker to win.

Comment

Reckon DJ is gonna do it.

But backed Dufner, Grace, Snedeker and Sergio
                                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Hasnt been playing well lately but reckon Matsuyama at 66/1 is pretty decent value.

Comment

2/3 in the majors so hoping to finish off with the hatrick! Snedeker, garcia, nickels on, Holmes and garcia. Vj as first round leader. Lay speith everywhere.

Comment

Went with Dufner, Piercy and Cotzee.

Comment

Added Adam Scott.

Comment

Hard to believe my Dj docket is the bin before he has played the front nine!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bantee View Post
                                                                                                              Went with your recommendations of Hend ew and added Snedeker to win.
                                                                                                              Need a good round from Hend now to make the top 7. Added McGirt there @ 40/1 for the lolz.

Comment

Had no bet from the start, said I'd wait until fri/sat, so have a good punt on Day @ 5/1 e/w

Comment

Probably too much to ask for that only one of koepka or Stenson break par on 18th..Don't want them joining the place party.

Comment

Geoff Ogilvy.

also Ryan Moore.

Comment

Four cheese pizza
                                                                                                                      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                                      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Ogilvy (main bet)
                                                                                                                        Ryan Moore
                                                                                                                        Harrington

scattergun FRL (love first 7 for FRL on PP)

Ogilvy
                                                                                                                        Moore
                                                                                                                        Harrington
                                                                                                                        Rodgers
                                                                                                                        Niebrugge
                                                                                                                        Tyrone Van Aswegen
                                                                                                                        Bronson Burgoon

Comment

Small e/w darts thrown on The Goose and Camillo trying to keep their cards.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X