22 Tennis French MEN 4 2 1 1 28/05/23 11/06/23
    23 Tennis Wimbledon WOMEN 4 2 1 1 03/07/23 16/07/23
    24 Cricket Ashes Top Run Scorer 4 2 1 16/06/23 23/07/23

Will be 17-20 events added in July to bring us up to ~42 events
    Starts
    27-09-21
    Ends
    28-09-21
    Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 25-01-23, 08:47.

(I've no idea what that box at the end of post #1 is, I didn't put it in)

Anyway.
    All initial selection to be made by 6.30pm on Saturday 28nd January (the day/time the GAA League 1 starts). A bit earlier would be great so I can post the selections before the start.
    Gives you 10 days, ample. You can continue to make unlimited changes until the start date, so there's no downside to getting an entry in early (says he optimistically)

Send them in any format, spreadsheet, text, semaphore – I'll work it out.
    1. Mayo
    2. Cavan
    3 Fiorentina etc

You can send me selections by any of the following methods.
    A private message here on IPB.
    A private message me boards.ie, username there is armaniJeanss.
    Or email me your selections to multisportcomp@gmail.com

I'll add more events during the first week in July to get to 40/42ish events.
    Watch out for....
    Event 5 is the EPL Last Place at the end of the year, not the season. So needs a bit of thought.

Changes throughout year.
    Four changes can be made to events, up to 5 days before the start date of that event.
    I'll update event deadlines on the thread throughout the year.

Official results on the End Date of each event will count, subsequent disqualifications are ignored.

Where an event has playoffs or a final following a league phase (e.g. GAA leagues, Aussie Rules) then the results of the final are what matters.
    If any events end in a tie for first or for places then relevant points will be split.
    Any disagreements on events winners or points I'll ask 3 non-involved members of IPB to decide.

Entry Fee & Prize money.
    Entry €50. I'll pm my bank account to participants.

~75% first, ~25% second.

Comment

And some links to help or hinder
      GAA League 1 runner and riders 2023 National Football League (Ireland) - Wikipedia
      and the Ulster Championship Draw 2023 All-Ireland Senior Football Championship - Wikipedia

This is the draw for the last 24 of the UEFA Conference League 2022–23 UEFA Europa Conference League - Wikipedia but watch out for these 8 teams who are already through to the last 16
      2022–23 UEFA Europa Conference League - Wikipedia
      Last 24 of the Europa League has some mega names in it 2022–23 UEFA Europa League - Wikipedia and again there are 8 teams already through to the last 16 2022–23 UEFA Europa League - Wikipedia
      EPL Last place 31/12 is my fav event, heres the current bottom of the EPL and the top of the Championship 2022–23 Premier League - Wikipedia 2022–23 EFL Championship - Wikipedia

This years 6 Nations Fictures 2023 Six Nations Championship – Wikipedia and last years try scorers 2022 Six Nations Championship - Wikipedia

Winners of Golf Majors through the ages.
      Masters Tournament - Wikipedia
      U.S. Open (golf) - Wikipedia
      The Open Championship - Wikipedia

Last years snooker. 2022 World Snooker Championship - Wikipedia

American sports
      Ice-Hockey season is already in progress, so you have a good head start here. 2022–23 NHL season - Wikipedia
      Basketball well under way as well. 2022–23 NBA season - Wikipedia
      Here's last years baseball bracket. 2022 Major League Baseball season - Wikipedia

Last years TDF result 2022 Tour de France - Wikipedia
      T20 County cricket, the most pinsticky event of the lot. Here's last years results for all it matters 2022 T20 Blast - Wikipedia

Aussie Rules 2022 result 2022 AFL season - Wikipedia
      Aussies ruled at Darts last year, will they repeat PDC World Cup of Darts - Wikipedia

Is a one legged Nadal good enough to win again? 2022 French Open – Men's singles - Wikipedia
      Whose turn is it to win Wimbledon? 2022 Wimbledon Championships – Women's singles - Wikipedia

Ashes Top Run scorer. This is England v Australia over 5 Test Matches in June. Expect Root, Brook, Stokes, Smith, Warner, Khawaja etc to be fighting here.
      Recent England Form v Pakistan
      England in Pakistan Test Series, 2022/23 Cricket Team Records & Stats | ESPNcricinfo.com
      Recent Australia v South Africa South Africa in Australia Test Series, 2022/23 Cricket Team Records & Stats | ESPNcricinfo.com
      Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 25-01-23, 08:52.

Comment

Received entries from shrapnel (and myself) so far.

5 days to go, 6.30ish PM on Saturday.

Comment

QUOTE=ArmaniJeans;n1730254]Received entries from shrapnel (and myself) so far.

5 days to go, 6.30ish PM on Saturday.[/QUOTE]

Burning the midnight oil working on mine after poker session. Should have suggested this earlier but the bones of an idea fell into place once I started it. Could we add on two events to get to 25. Hopefully another 25 for part two and increase the changes to 5 which is one in ten. Would suggest the championship play offs and League 1 for part 1 maybe with four and two points up for grabs. Just a thought and if it's too late in the day to be messing about maybe think about it for next year. Should have mine with you by Wednesday or Thursday.

Comment

Originally posted by limpwhacker View Post
            Burning the midnight oil working on mine after poker session. Should have suggested this earlier but the bones of an idea fell into place once I started it. Could we add on two events to get to 25. Hopefully another 25 for part two and increase the changes to 5 which is one in ten. Would suggest the championship play offs and League 1 for part 1 maybe with four and two points up for grabs. Just a thought and if it's too late in the day to be messing about maybe think about it for next year. Should have mine with you by Wednesday or Thursday.
            personally like the idea of 25 and 25, but not football, there's way too much of it already
            Last edited by shrapnel; 24-01-23, 08:39.

Comment

I see what you mean, 50 events seeing as it's now €50. I'll prob leave it as though with the 23 initial events (as some people have sent in entries etc) but for the second half of year I'll definitely aim to get to 44/45 events. Will think about 5 changes instead of 4, see no reason why not.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

I see what you mean, 50 events seeing as it's now €50. I'll prob leave it as though with the 23 initial events (as some people have sent in entries etc) but for the second half of year I'll definitely aim to get to 44/45 events. Will think about 5 changes instead of 4, see no reason why not.
                No worries whatever you decide is fine by me, though if it's only me you and shrap already with selections in I'm sure we could come up with two picks for new events in time. Others just have an extra two to pick that's all. I see shraps point about football though and nothing else springs to mind immediately.

Comment

Rugby European Champions Cup. Leinster are strong favs but odds against some like me might take a punt elsewhere and hope. Rugby European Challenge Cup looks a two horse race so a bit like the old rugby league either or scenario. I miss that tbhagain just throwing it out there before we get locked and loaded. Looking forward to it and hopefully it will be as tight as it was last year come December time.

Comment

No worries whatever you decide is fine by me, though if it's only me you and shrap already with selections in I'm sure we could come up with two picks for new events in time. Others just have an extra two to pick that's all. I see shraps point about football though and nothing else springs to mind immediately.
                    there's the cricket world cup in march and the indy 500 in may for example, also the NRL much more open than the super league

Comment

Agree with shrap about not having too much soccer, think we had 6/43 last year and wouldn't want to go higher.
                      Will look at NRL (not something that's been on my radar) and cricket (WWC or Ashes top runs maybe) this evening and make a call then.

Comment

Agree with shrap about not having too much soccer, think we had 6/43 last year and wouldn't want to go higher.
                        Will look at NRL (not something that's been on my radar) and cricket (WWC or Ashes top runs maybe) this evening and make a call then.
                        mens one day international world cup in india in march ? tough one to call with a lot of options?

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

mens one day international world cup in india in march ? tough one to call with a lot of options?
                          Fairly sure the Mens World Cup in India isn't until October., so already had it down as a '2nd half of year' event.
                          2023 Cricket World Cup - Wikipedia

Comment

Fairly sure the Mens World Cup in India isn't until October., so already had it down as a '2nd half of year' event.
                            2023 Cricket World Cup - Wikipedia
                            oops, sorry. the website i was looking at had in in feb-march

Comment

I added one event to post #1 and the spreadsheet.
                              Cricket Ashes Top Run scorer. Also some links for this event in the 3rd post.
                              That's 24 events for this Saturday. Closing time 6ish Saturday afternoon, so time to get thinking caps on.

limpwhacker premierstone Keane Strewelpeter Solksjaer! shrapnel Lao Lao RichieM luckforsome pokerhand

-------
                              shrapnel I kinda ignored your suggestions but appreciate them.
                              I see Indy 500 as like including the Monaco Grand Prix, it's just one random race on a circuit of races so not sure it's a good idea.
                              Didn't really get a chance to look at NRL but not sure it's the sort of thing people watch, bad time zone, not televised etc. Think we are covered in rugby anyway as likely going to be 4 or 5 events overall with the RWC to come.
                              Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 25-01-23, 09:18.

Comment

NRL is on every saturday and sunday mornings and the big games are televised (i watch a game most weekends), but no worries, it was just a suggestion

Comment

Received entries from shrapnel, Strewelpeter, limpwhacker, luckforsome (and myself) so far.
                                  Though ye need to give me Event 24 (Cricket Ashes Top Run Scorer) which I only added on Wednesday morning (some helpful links in post #3)

3 days to go, 6.30ish PM on Saturday.

Comment

Sent in my entry. And now i must Paay

Thanks for organizing

Comment

Received entries from shrapnel, Strewelpeter, limpwhacker, luckforsome, Solksjaer!(and myself) so far.

44 hours to go.

Comment

Just emailed them in there - on time for maybe the first time.

Thanks for running again

Comment

Will have mine in tomorrow morn
                                          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Received entries from shrapnel, Strewelpeter, limpwhacker, luckforsome, Solksjaer!, RichieM (and myself) so far.

Just going to give a bump to those who were in last year.
                                            Keane premierstone Lao Lao pokerhand
                                            And will give one last bump in the BBV to see I can pick up any newbies.

And luckforsome You need to give me a selection for Ashes Top Run Scorer.
                                            Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 28-01-23, 12:05.

Comment

I've just sent my selection by PM

Comment

Received entries from shrapnel, Strewelpeter, limpwhacker, luckforsome, Solksjaer!, RichieM (and myself) so far.

Sent to you by PM last night, you didn't get them?

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post

Sent to you by PM last night, you didn't get them?
                                                  Oops my mistake. Got them.

Comment

Sent there.
                                                    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Looking good with 11 entries.
                                                      shrapnel, Strewelpeter, limpwhacker, luckforsome, Solksjaer!, RichieM, Keane, pokerhand, Lao Lao, The Rigger and myself.
                                                      premierstone the only absentee from 'the usuals', hasn't logged on this week so not sure if he'll get an entry in.

Still missing Ashes Top Scorer from a couple of the early entrants, but don't see any problem with them giving that to me over the next day or two.

Comment

Everyone picked Kerry in Div 1. Clearly a terrible decision by me to include it.
                                                        So I'll just drop that event as if it was never there.
                                                        Will update spreadsheet will picks this evening
                                                        Mine for transparency.
                                                        SPOILER
                                                        Kerry
                                                        Donegal
                                                        Villareal
                                                        Arsenal
                                                        Notts Forest
                                                        Ireland
                                                        Penaud
                                                        Scheffler
                                                        Justin Thomas
                                                        Spieth
                                                        Kilkenny
                                                        Kyren Wilson
                                                        Colorado A
                                                        Brooklyn Nets
                                                        Houston
                                                        Galopin D C
                                                        Auguste Rodin
                                                        Pogacar
                                                        Surrey
                                                        Melbourne
                                                        Wales
                                                        Djokovic
                                                        Jabeur
                                                        Steve Smith

Comment

Spreadsheet updated with everyone's selections. Please double check your picks, easier to fix now than after an event etc.
                                                          2023 MultiSport Selections - Google Sheets
                                                          Still missing a few selection on Ashes cricket, and want to confirm Lao Lao's Aussie Rules pick.

This is the first 8 events up for decision, with Friday 17th March being Gold Cup day. I'll put links into it as we go along etc.
                                                          Horses Rugby Rugby Golf Snooker Soccer GAA Football Hurling
                                                          Gold Cup 6N 6N TTS US Masters Worlds Europa Ulster Leinster
                                                          shrapnel 0 Galopin D C France Dumortier Rahm Trump Arsenal Derry Galway
                                                          Strewelpeter 0 A Plus Tard Ireland Marcus Smith McIlroy Mark Williams MUFC Derry Kilkenny
                                                          limpwhacker 0 Galopin D C Ireland James Lowe McIlroy Trump Barcelona Donegal Galway
                                                          luckforsome 0 Galopin D C Ireland Penaud McIlroy Trump MUFC Tyrone Kilkenny
                                                          ArmaniJeans 0 Galopin D C Ireland Penaud Scheffler Kyren Wilson Arsenal Donegal Kilkenny
                                                          Solksjaer! 0 A Plus Tard Ireland Dupont McIlroy Trump MUFC Tyrone Kilkenny
                                                          RichieM 0 Galopin D C France Penaud McIlroy Mark Allen MUFC Derry Galway
                                                          pokerhand 0 Galopin D C France Dupont McIlroy Neil Robertson MUFC Donegal Galway
                                                          Keane 0 Galopin D C Ireland Penaud McIlroy Trump Arsenal Derry Galway
                                                          Lao Lao 0 Noble Yeats Ireland Penaud Rahm Ronnie Arsenal Armagh Kilkenny
                                                          Rigger 0 Galopin D C Ireland Mack Hansen Rahm Trump Barcelona Derry Galway
                                                          At least 22 events will be added in July to bring us to 45 events. As suggested by limpy I'll up it to 5 changes allowed. Will give change deadlines twice a month as usual.
                                                          Pot is €550, so €400 winner and €150 second seems reasonable. Will pm bank details over the next week or so, no rush.

Comment

2023 MultiSport Selections - Google Sheets

FIVE (5) changes can be made to events, up to 5 days before the start date of that event.
                                                            Changes must be made by 21:59 5 days beforehand, on this thread, no editing or deleting once posted.
                                                            Post something like 'Change Derby to Shergar' to do a change.
                                                            Remember there'll be ~22 events added in July, and your 5 changes will include those events.

February change deadlines
                                                            Soccer - Europa League deadline 11/02
                                                            Soccer - UEFA Conference League deadline 11/02

All deadline times 21:59

Comment

Quick table with the 6 events which are already in-play, links on the second row.
                                                              Rugby Rugby Soccer Soccer Ice Hockey Basketball
                                                              6N 6N TTS Europa UEFA Conf Stanley Cup NBA 2023
                                                              shrapnel 0 France Dumortier Arsenal Lazio Carolina H Boston Celtics
                                                              Strewelpeter 0 Ireland Marcus Smith MUFC Lazio Toronto ML Boston Celtics
                                                              limpwhacker 0 Ireland James Lowe Barcelona Villareal Boston Bruins Boston Celtics
                                                              luckforsome 0 Ireland Penaud MUFC Villareal Boston Bruins Boston Celtics
                                                              ArmaniJeans 0 Ireland Penaud Arsenal Villareal Colorado A Brooklyn Nets
                                                              Solksjaer! 0 Ireland Dupont MUFC Lazio Tampa Bay Brooklyn Nets
                                                              RichieM 0 France Penaud MUFC Villareal Colorado A Boston Celtics
                                                              pokerhand 0 France Dupont MUFC Villareal Boston Bruins Boston Celtics
                                                              Keane 0 Ireland Penaud Arsenal Villareal Boston Bruins Boston Celtics
                                                              Lao Lao 0 Ireland Penaud Arsenal Lazio Carolina H Boston Celtics
                                                              Rigger 0 Ireland Mack Hansen Barcelona West Ham Colorado A Denver Nuggets
                                                              Will PM bank details during the week.

Comment

premierstone the only absentee from 'the usuals', hasn't logged on this week so not sure if he'll get an entry in.

Apologies folks, had a few things going on IRL and wasn't on for a while, good luck to all and hopefully I'll be back next year.

Comment

Monies sent. Messenger dumped me out teice .

Thanks

Comment

FIVE (5) changes can be made to events, up to 5 days before the start date of that event.
                                                                    Changes must be made by 21:59 5 days beforehand, on this thread, no editing or deleting once posted.
                                                                    Remember there'll be ~22 events added in July, and your 5 changes will include those events.

March change deadlines
                                                                    Aussie Rules -2023 AFL Season deadline11/03
                                                                    Horseracing - Cheltenham Gold Cup deadline 12/03
                                                                    Baseball - 2023 MLB World Series deadline 24/03

Horses Aussie Rules Baseball
                                                                    Gold Cup 2023 Season World Series
                                                                    shrapnel 0 Galopin D C Collingwood LA Dodgers
                                                                    Strewelpeter 0 A Plus Tard Richmond Toronto BlueJ
                                                                    limpwhacker 0 Galopin D C Geelong Houston
                                                                    luckforsome 0 Galopin D C Geelong LA Dodgers
                                                                    ArmaniJeans 0 Galopin D C Melbourne Houston
                                                                    Solksjaer! 0 A Plus Tard Geelong LA Dodgers
                                                                    RichieM 0 Galopin D C Geelong New York Mets
                                                                    pokerhand 0 Galopin D C Geelong LA Dodgers
                                                                    Keane 0 Galopin D C Geelong Houston
                                                                    Lao Lao 0 Noble Yeats North Melbourne Chicago Wsox
                                                                    Rigger 0 Galopin D C Geelong Yankees
                                                                    Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 01-03-23, 00:10.

Comment

Hadn't noticed Rigger involved, hi pal

Comment

Will finally be some results this week.

Gold Cup on Friday, and all selections look good to go.
                                                                        Rugby then on Saturday, with Ireland and France seeming to have a lock on 1st and 2nd place respectively.
                                                                        Top try scorer looks fun though - unpicked Huw Jones leads the way with 4 but Penaud, Lowe and Hanson are in the thick of it in a 5-way tie with 3 tries.

Comment

Late March/Early April change deadlines
                                                                          Baseball - 2023 MLB World Series - deadline 25/03
                                                                          Golf - Masters - deadline 01/04
                                                                          GAAF - Ulster - 03/04
                                                                          Snooker - Worlds - 10/04

Current picks
                                                                          Baseball Golf Snooker GAA Football
                                                                          World Series US Masters Worlds Ulster
                                                                          shrapnel 0 LA Dodgers Rahm Trump Derry
                                                                          Strewelpeter 0 Toronto BlueJ McIlroy Mark Williams Derry
                                                                          limpwhacker 0 Houston McIlroy Trump Donegal
                                                                          luckforsome 0 LA Dodgers McIlroy Trump Tyrone
                                                                          ArmaniJeans 0 Houston Scheffler Kyren Wilson Donegal
                                                                          Solksjaer! 0 LA Dodgers McIlroy Trump Tyrone
                                                                          RichieM 0 New York Mets McIlroy Mark Allen Derry
                                                                          pokerhand 0 LA Dodgers McIlroy Neil Robertson Donegal
                                                                          Keane 0 Houston McIlroy Trump Derry
                                                                          Lao Lao 0 Chicago Wsox Rahm Ronnie Armagh
                                                                          Rigger 0 Yankees Rahm Trump Derry

Comment

Gold Cup Day. How exciting.
                                                                            Galopin Des Champs (8 picks) looks like going off a short-priced 6/4F, with a Plus Tard (2 picks) 4/1 2nd fav. Noble Yeats for Lao Lao is a 12/1 shot.

Night of slaughter in the European football competitions. Lazio and Villareal both knocked out of the Conference leaving West Ham (Rigger) on a free-roll.
                                                                            And Arsenal out of the Europa on penalties, so MUFC (5 picks) the only ones still going there.

Comment

#39
                                                                              Result 1/45
                                                                              Cheltenham Gold Cup

1st Galopin Des Champs. 4 points - everyone except Strewelpeter, Solksjaer!, Lao Lao.
                                                                              2nd Bravemansgame. 2 points - no-one.
                                                                              3rd Conflated. 1 point - no-one.

Leaderboard
                                                                              Rugby Rugby Golf Snooker Soccer GAA Football Hurling Soccer
                                                                              6N 6N TTS US Masters Worlds Europa Ulster Leinster UEFA Conf
                                                                              shrapnel 4 France Dumortier Rahm Trump Arsenal Derry Galway Lazio
                                                                              limpwhacker 4 Ireland James Lowe McIlroy Trump Barcelona Donegal Galway Villareal
                                                                              luckforsome 4 Ireland Penaud McIlroy Trump MUFC Tyrone Kilkenny Villareal
                                                                              ArmaniJeans 4 Ireland Penaud Scheffler Kyren Wilson Arsenal Donegal Kilkenny Villareal
                                                                              RichieM 4 France Penaud McIlroy Mark Allen MUFC Derry Galway Villareal
                                                                              pokerhand 4 France Dupont McIlroy Neil Robertson MUFC Donegal Galway Villareal
                                                                              Keane 4 Ireland Penaud McIlroy Trump Arsenal Derry Galway Villareal
                                                                              Rigger 4 Ireland Mack Hansen Rahm Trump Barcelona Derry Galway West Ham
                                                                              Strewelpeter 0 Ireland Marcus Smith McIlroy Mark Williams MUFC Derry Kilkenny Lazio
                                                                              Solksjaer! 0 Ireland Dupont McIlroy Trump MUFC Tyrone Kilkenny Lazio
                                                                              Lao Lao 0 Ireland Penaud Rahm Ronnie Arsenal Armagh Kilkenny Lazio
                                                                              Rugby 6 Nations Winner and Top Try Scorer both conclude tomorrow evening. Probably be Sunday afternoon before I do an update.

Comment

#40
                                                                                Ugh Penaud was screaming for it not to go wide. Time to dance Lowe

Comment

#41
                                                                                  Planning to come second from a position of strength this year

Comment

#42
                                                                                    Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                    Planning to come second from a position of strength this year
                                                                                    3/3 certainly off to a flyer. Long way to Christmas tho

Comment

#43
                                                                                      Result 2/45
                                                                                      6 Nations Winners

1st Ireland. 4 points - everyone except RichieM, shrapnel, pokerhand
                                                                                      2nd France. 2 points - RichieM, shrapnel, pokerhand

Result 3/45
                                                                                      6 Nations Top Try Scorer

1st Damian Penaud. 4 points - luckforsome, ArmaniJeans, Keane, RichieM, Lao Lao.
                                                                                      2nd Huw Jones, Blair Kinghorn. 1.5 points - no-one.

Leaderboard
                                                                                      Golf Snooker Soccer GAA Football Hurling Soccer Horses Tennis
                                                                                      US Masters Worlds Europa Ulster Leinster UEFA Conf Epsom Derby French
                                                                                      luckforsome 12 McIlroy Trump MUFC Tyrone Kilkenny Villareal Auguste Rodin Djokovic
                                                                                      ArmaniJeans 12 Scheffler Kyren Wilson Arsenal Donegal Kilkenny Villareal Auguste Rodin Djokovic
                                                                                      Keane 12 McIlroy Trump Arsenal Derry Galway Villareal Auguste Rodin Alcaraz
                                                                                      RichieM 10 McIlroy Mark Allen MUFC Derry Galway Villareal Auguste Rodin Alcaraz
                                                                                      limpwhacker 8 McIlroy Trump Barcelona Donegal Galway Villareal Auguste Rodin Alcaraz
                                                                                      Rigger 8 Rahm Trump Barcelona Derry Galway West Ham Auguste Rodin Djokovic
                                                                                      Lao Lao 8 Rahm Ronnie Arsenal Armagh Kilkenny Lazio Auguste Rodin Djokovic
                                                                                      shrapnel 6 Rahm Trump Arsenal Derry Galway Lazio Auguste Rodin Alcaraz
                                                                                      pokerhand 6 McIlroy Neil Robertson MUFC Donegal Galway Villareal Auguste Rodin Djokovic
                                                                                      Strewelpeter 4 McIlroy Mark Williams MUFC Derry Kilkenny Lazio Arrest Alcaraz
                                                                                      Solksjaer! 4 McIlroy Trump MUFC Tyrone Kilkenny Lazio Auguste Rodin Djokovic
                                                                                      .
                                                                                      US Masters Golf in 3 weeks time (Easter Sunday which is nice). Points of 5-3-2-1-1 available here.

Comment

#44
                                                                                        wow Lao Lao in mid table already. impressive!

Comment

#45
                                                                                          Early season mad change - Speith for the Masters .

Comment

#46
                                                                                            Blindly following Lao Lao change GAA to Armagh please.

Comment

#47
                                                                                              Money sent via revolut to the old account

Comment

#48
                                                                                                I've made an absolute mess of one of my selections, full on fuck up so I won't be getting carried away just yet

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  Money sent via revolut to the old account
                                                                                                  Received, cheers.

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

I've made an absolute mess of one of my selections, full on fuck up so I won't be getting carried away just yet
                                                                                                  Genuinely not sure which selection you mean.
                                                                                                  SPOILER
                                                                                                  Ulster Championship Armagh
                                                                                                  UEFA Conference League Lazio
                                                                                                  Europa League Arsenal
                                                                                                  EPL LAST Place 31/12/23 Sheffield Utd
                                                                                                  6 Nations (Winning Country) Ireland
                                                                                                  6 Nations (Top Tryscorer) Penaud
                                                                                                  US Masters Rahm
                                                                                                  US Open Scheffler
                                                                                                  British Open McIlroy
                                                                                                  Leinster Championshop Kilkenny
                                                                                                  World Championship Ronnie
                                                                                                  Stanley Cup Carolina H
                                                                                                  NBA 2023 Boston Celtics
                                                                                                  World Series Chicago Wsox
                                                                                                  Cheltenham Gold Cup Noble Yeats
                                                                                                  Epsom Derby Auguste Rodin
                                                                                                  Tour de France Pogacar
                                                                                                  T20 Blast Somerset
                                                                                                  2023 Season North Melbourne
                                                                                                  World Cup of Darts Wales
                                                                                                  French MEN Djokovic
                                                                                                  Wimbledon WOMEN Rybakina
                                                                                                  Ashes Top Run Scorer Harry Brook

North Melbourne was one I queried as there are two teams with Melbourne in the name, but you were happy to stick. And they are 2/2 so far so looks a decent selection, albeit still 100/1. 2023 AFL season - Wikipedia
                                                                                                  You are the only one on Ronnie O'Sullivan or Rybakina (wimbledon), but both defending champions so every chance. Chicago White Sox bit of an outsider probably,
                                                                                                  It was actually a boringly conformist set of picks by your previous standards.

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    Received, cheers.

Genuinely not sure which selection you mean.
                                                                                                    SPOILER
                                                                                                    Ulster Championship Armagh
                                                                                                    UEFA Conference League Lazio
                                                                                                    Europa League Arsenal
                                                                                                    EPL LAST Place 31/12/23 Sheffield Utd
                                                                                                    6 Nations (Winning Country) Ireland
                                                                                                    6 Nations (Top Tryscorer) Penaud
                                                                                                    US Masters Rahm
                                                                                                    US Open Scheffler
                                                                                                    British Open McIlroy
                                                                                                    Leinster Championshop Kilkenny
                                                                                                    World Championship Ronnie
                                                                                                    Stanley Cup Carolina H
                                                                                                    NBA 2023 Boston Celtics
                                                                                                    World Series Chicago Wsox
                                                                                                    Cheltenham Gold Cup Noble Yeats
                                                                                                    Epsom Derby Auguste Rodin
                                                                                                    Tour de France Pogacar
                                                                                                    T20 Blast Somerset
                                                                                                    2023 Season North Melbourne
                                                                                                    World Cup of Darts Wales
                                                                                                    French MEN Djokovic
                                                                                                    Wimbledon WOMEN Rybakina
                                                                                                    Ashes Top Run Scorer Harry Brook

North Melbourne was one I queried as there are two teams with Melbourne in the name, but you were happy to stick. And they are 2/2 so far so looks a decent selection, albeit still 100/1. 2023 AFL season - Wikipedia
                                                                                                    You are the only one on Ronnie O'Sullivan or Rybakina (wimbledon), but both defending champions so every chance. Chicago White Sox bit of an outsider probably,
                                                                                                    It was actually a boringly conformist set of picks by your previous standards.

It's the AFL one but yes, I actually put a bit of effort into my selections this year. Next year, we'll be going back to wildcards (maybe!)

I'll come clean for everyone else.

While doing some research, North Melbourne came in as favourites on a well known betting site to scoop the AFL. In fairness to AJ, he pinged me to ask me if that was correct. I doubted myself and quickly doubled checked the website and they were still favourites so I confirmed my pick.

When the list of everyone's selections came out, I noticed that I was the only one on North Melbourne which I thought was a bit strange. I checked the website again and they were still favou.....ahh balls, I was looking at the section for the least number of wins, they were favourites for the least number of wins.

No problem, I can use one of my changes to pick an alternative.

I completely forgot to use one of my changes to pick an alternative.

This competition would be a lot less entertaining without me

Comment

#51
                                                                                                      Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

It's the AFL one but yes, I actually put a bit of effort into my selections this year. Next year, we'll be going back to wildcards (maybe!)

I'll come clean for everyone else.

While doing some research, North Melbourne came in as favourites on a well known betting site to scoop the AFL. In fairness to AJ, he pinged me to ask me if that was correct. I doubted myself and quickly doubled checked the website and they were still favourites so I confirmed my pick.

When the list of everyone's selections came out, I noticed that I was the only one on North Melbourne which I thought was a bit strange. I checked the website again and they were still favou.....ahh balls, I was looking at the section for the least number of wins, they were favourites for the least number of wins.

No problem, I can use one of my changes to pick an alternative.

I completely forgot to use one of my changes to pick an alternative.

This competition would be a lot less entertaining without me
                                                                                                      Cmon the Orchard county and make up for it

Comment

#52
                                                                                                        April change deadlines
                                                                                                        Golf - Masters - deadline 01/04
                                                                                                        GAAF - Ulster - deadline 03/04
                                                                                                        Snooker - Worlds - deadline 10/04
                                                                                                        Hurling - Leinster - deadline 17/04

Current Picks.
                                                                                                        Golf GAA Football Snooker Hurling
                                                                                                        US Masters Ulster Worlds Leinster
                                                                                                        luckforsome 12 McIlroy Tyrone Trump Kilkenny
                                                                                                        ArmaniJeans 12 Scheffler Donegal Kyren Wilson Kilkenny
                                                                                                        Keane 12 McIlroy Derry Trump Galway
                                                                                                        RichieM 10 McIlroy Derry Mark Allen Galway
                                                                                                        limpwhacker (1) 8 McIlroy Armagh Trump Galway
                                                                                                        Rigger 8 Rahm Derry Trump Galway
                                                                                                        Lao Lao 8 Rahm Armagh Ronnie Kilkenny
                                                                                                        shrapnel 6 Rahm Derry Trump Galway
                                                                                                        pokerhand 6 McIlroy Donegal Neil Robertson Galway
                                                                                                        Strewelpeter 4 McIlroy Derry Mark Williams Kilkenny
                                                                                                        Solksjaer! (1) 4 Spieth Tyrone Trump Kilkenny

Comment

#53
                                                                                                          Result 4/45
                                                                                                          US Masters

Points are 5-3-2-1-1 with some ties happening as usual.
                                                                                                          1st Jon Rahm. 5 points - Rigger, Lao Lao, shrapnel
                                                                                                          2nd/3rd Phil Mickelson, Brooks Koepka. 2.5 points - no-one.
                                                                                                          4th/5th/6th. Patrick Reed, Jordan Spieth, Don Henley. .67 points - Solksjaer!

Leaderboard
                                                                                                          Unexpected scenes as perennial wooden-spoonist Lao Lao shares the lead with debutant Rigger.
                                                                                                          Snooker Soccer GAA Football Hurling Soccer Horses Tennis Darts
                                                                                                          Worlds Europa Ulster Leinster UEFA Conf Epsom Derby French World Cup
                                                                                                          Rigger 13 Trump Barcelona Derry Galway West Ham Auguste Rodin Djokovic Netherlands
                                                                                                          Lao Lao 13 Ronnie Arsenal Armagh Kilkenny Lazio Auguste Rodin Djokovic Wales
                                                                                                          luckforsome 12 Trump MUFC Tyrone Kilkenny Villareal Auguste Rodin Djokovic Australia
                                                                                                          ArmaniJeans 12 Kyren Wilson Arsenal Donegal Kilkenny Villareal Auguste Rodin Djokovic Wales
                                                                                                          Keane 12 Trump Arsenal Derry Galway Villareal Auguste Rodin Alcaraz England
                                                                                                          shrapnel 11 Trump Arsenal Derry Galway Lazio Auguste Rodin Alcaraz England
                                                                                                          RichieM 10 Mark Allen MUFC Derry Galway Villareal Auguste Rodin Alcaraz England
                                                                                                          limpwhacker (1) 8 Trump Barcelona Armagh Galway Villareal Auguste Rodin Alcaraz Scotland
                                                                                                          pokerhand 6 Neil Robertson MUFC Donegal Galway Villareal Auguste Rodin Djokovic Netherlands
                                                                                                          Solksjaer! (1) 4.67 Trump MUFC Tyrone Kilkenny Lazio Auguste Rodin Djokovic Netherlands
                                                                                                          Strewelpeter 4 Mark Williams MUFC Derry Kilkenny Lazio Arrest Alcaraz Australia
                                                                                                          .
                                                                                                          Embassy snooker from Sheffield next on the official schedule with the final on 1st May. Although there might be an early closure in one or both of the UEFA competitions if MUFC or WHU lose in the quarter-finals next week.

Comment

#54
                                                                                                            Playoffs begin tonight in basketball, and on Monday night in Ice-Hockey. Every tie best of 7 games so still a good bit of play left.
                                                                                                            Links to playoff bracket on second row.
                                                                                                            Ice Hockey Basketball
                                                                                                            Stanley Cup NBA 2023
                                                                                                            Rigger 13 Colorado A Denver Nuggets
                                                                                                            Lao Lao 13 Carolina H Boston Celtics
                                                                                                            luckforsome 12 Boston Bruins Boston Celtics
                                                                                                            ArmaniJeans 12 Colorado A Brooklyn Nets
                                                                                                            Keane 12 Boston Bruins Boston Celtics
                                                                                                            shrapnel 11 Carolina H Boston Celtics
                                                                                                            RichieM 10 Colorado A Boston Celtics
                                                                                                            limpwhacker (1) 8 Boston Bruins Boston Celtics
                                                                                                            pokerhand 6 Boston Bruins Boston Celtics
                                                                                                            Solksjaer! (1) 4.67 Tampa Bay Brooklyn Nets
                                                                                                            Strewelpeter 4 Toronto ML Boston Celtics
                                                                                                            Basketball Almost unanimous support for Boston Celts and they are 7/2 2nd favs behind unpicked 11/4F Milwaukee who it seems they'd meet in the semi-final.
                                                                                                            Solks and I have done our dough as Brooklyn traded all their best players last month and are 500/1. I'm on the Anyone But Boston train. Rigger has a live differential with 10/1 Denver.

Hockey Much more open set of selection and everyone still alive, though Tampa v Toronto in the last 16 will change that.
                                                                                                            3/1 Boston & 6/1 Colorado are the front two in the betting market. Of our other selections Toronto and Carolina are 10/1, Tampa Bay 20/1.

Comment

#55
                                                                                                              Result 5/45
                                                                                                              Europa League

A final 4 of Sevilla, Juventus, Leverkusen and Roma or Feyenoord evaded all our picks, so no points.
                                                                                                              I forgot one of my golden rules - If Sevilla are in the Europa League then pick Sevilla.

Leaderboard
                                                                                                              Snooker GAA Football Hurling Soccer Horses Tennis Darts Golf
                                                                                                              Worlds Ulster Leinster UEFA Conf Epsom Derby French World Cup US Open
                                                                                                              Rigger 13 Trump Derry Galway West Ham Auguste Rodin Djokovic Netherlands Scheffler
                                                                                                              Lao Lao 13 Ronnie Armagh Kilkenny Lazio Auguste Rodin Djokovic Wales Scheffler
                                                                                                              luckforsome 12 Trump Tyrone Kilkenny Villareal Auguste Rodin Djokovic Australia Rahm
                                                                                                              ArmaniJeans 12 Kyren Wilson Donegal Kilkenny Villareal Auguste Rodin Djokovic Wales Justin Thomas
                                                                                                              Keane 12 Trump Derry Galway Villareal Auguste Rodin Alcaraz England McIlroy
                                                                                                              shrapnel 11 Trump Derry Galway Lazio Auguste Rodin Alcaraz England Scheffler
                                                                                                              RichieM 10 Mark Allen Derry Galway Villareal Auguste Rodin Alcaraz England McIlroy
                                                                                                              limpwhacker (1) 8 Trump Armagh Galway Villareal Auguste Rodin Alcaraz Scotland McIlroy
                                                                                                              pokerhand 6 Neil Robertson Donegal Galway Villareal Auguste Rodin Djokovic Netherlands McIlroy
                                                                                                              Solksjaer! (1) 4.67 Trump Tyrone Kilkenny Lazio Auguste Rodin Djokovic Netherlands McIlroy
                                                                                                              Strewelpeter 4 Mark Williams Derry Kilkenny Lazio Arrest Alcaraz Australia McIlroy
                                                                                                              .
                                                                                                              Snooker next with the final on Monday 1st.
                                                                                                              Second round getting started at the moment, Judd Trump an early casualty but everyone other pick still alive.

Comment

#56
                                                                                                                Result 6/45
                                                                                                                Snooker World Championship

1st Mark Selby/Luca Brecel. 4 points - no-one.
                                                                                                                2nd Mark Selby/Luca Brecel. 2 points - no-one.
                                                                                                                Semi Mark Allen. 1 point - RichieM.
                                                                                                                Semi Si JiaHui. 1 point - no-one.

Leaderboard
                                                                                                                GAA Football Hurling Soccer Horses Tennis Darts Golf Ice Hockey
                                                                                                                Ulster Leinster UEFA Conf Epsom Derby French World Cup US Open Stanley Cup
                                                                                                                Rigger 13 Derry Galway West Ham Auguste Rodin Djokovic Netherlands Scheffler Colorado A
                                                                                                                Lao Lao 13 Armagh Kilkenny Lazio Auguste Rodin Djokovic Wales Scheffler Carolina H
                                                                                                                luckforsome 12 Tyrone Kilkenny Villareal Auguste Rodin Djokovic Australia Rahm Boston Bruins
                                                                                                                ArmaniJeans 12 Donegal Kilkenny Villareal Auguste Rodin Djokovic Wales Justin Thomas Colorado A
                                                                                                                Keane 12 Derry Galway Villareal Auguste Rodin Alcaraz England McIlroy Boston Bruins
                                                                                                                shrapnel 11 Derry Galway Lazio Auguste Rodin Alcaraz England Scheffler Carolina H
                                                                                                                RichieM 11 Derry Galway Villareal Auguste Rodin Alcaraz England McIlroy Colorado A
                                                                                                                limpwhacker (1) 8 Armagh Galway Villareal Auguste Rodin Alcaraz Scotland McIlroy Boston Bruins
                                                                                                                pokerhand 6 Donegal Galway Villareal Auguste Rodin Djokovic Netherlands McIlroy Boston Bruins
                                                                                                                Solksjaer! (1) 4.67 Tyrone Kilkenny Lazio Auguste Rodin Djokovic Netherlands McIlroy Tampa Bay
                                                                                                                Strewelpeter 4 Derry Kilkenny Lazio Arrest Alcaraz Australia McIlroy Toronto ML
                                                                                                                .
                                                                                                                Ulster Final this day two weeks. Derry will be there, Armagh playing their semi-final today.

Comment

#57
                                                                                                                  May Change Deadlines
                                                                                                                  Cricket T20 Blast - deadline 15/05.
                                                                                                                  Tennis French Open - deadline 23/05.
                                                                                                                  Epsom Derby - deadline 29/05.
                                                                                                                  All deadline times 21:59.

Current Picks
                                                                                                                  Cricket Tennis Horses
                                                                                                                  T20 Blast French Epsom Derby
                                                                                                                  Rigger 13 Yorkshire Djokovic Auguste Rodin
                                                                                                                  Lao Lao 13 Somerset Djokovic Auguste Rodin
                                                                                                                  luckforsome 12 Surrey Djokovic Auguste Rodin
                                                                                                                  ArmaniJeans 12 Surrey Djokovic Auguste Rodin
                                                                                                                  Keane 12 Warwickshire/Birmingham Alcaraz Auguste Rodin
                                                                                                                  shrapnel 11 Lancashire Alcaraz Auguste Rodin
                                                                                                                  RichieM 11 Somerset Alcaraz Auguste Rodin
                                                                                                                  limpwhacker (1) 8 Lancashire Alcaraz Auguste Rodin
                                                                                                                  pokerhand 6 Surrey Djokovic Auguste Rodin
                                                                                                                  Solksjaer! (1) 4.67 Warwickshire/Birmingham Djokovic Auguste Rodin
                                                                                                                  Strewelpeter 4 Hampshire Alcaraz Arrest
                                                                                                                  .
                                                                                                                  Derby really needs some other horse to look like Shergar in a trial, or the fav to underperform on his return.

Comment

#58
                                                                                                                    Playoffs begin tonight in basketball, and on Monday night in Ice-Hockey. Every tie best of 7 games so still a good bit of play left.
                                                                                                                    Links to playoff bracket on second row.
                                                                                                                    Ice Hockey Basketball
                                                                                                                    Stanley Cup NBA 2023
                                                                                                                    Rigger 13 Colorado A Denver Nuggets
                                                                                                                    Lao Lao 13 Carolina H Boston Celtics
                                                                                                                    luckforsome 12 Boston Bruins Boston Celtics
                                                                                                                    ArmaniJeans 12 Colorado A Brooklyn Nets
                                                                                                                    Keane 12 Boston Bruins Boston Celtics
                                                                                                                    shrapnel 11 Carolina H Boston Celtics
                                                                                                                    RichieM 10 Colorado A Boston Celtics
                                                                                                                    limpwhacker (1) 8 Boston Bruins Boston Celtics
                                                                                                                    pokerhand 6 Boston Bruins Boston Celtics
                                                                                                                    Solksjaer! (1) 4.67 Tampa Bay Brooklyn Nets
                                                                                                                    Strewelpeter 4 Toronto ML Boston Celtics
                                                                                                                    Basketball Almost unanimous support for Boston Celts and they are 7/2 2nd favs behind unpicked 11/4F Milwaukee who it seems they'd meet in the semi-final.
                                                                                                                    Solks and I have done our dough as Brooklyn traded all their best players last month and are 500/1. I'm on the Anyone But Boston train. Rigger has a live differential with 10/1 Denver.

Hockey Much more open set of selection and everyone still alive, though Tampa v Toronto in the last 16 will change that.
                                                                                                                    3/1 Boston & 6/1 Colorado are the front two in the betting market. Of our other selections Toronto and Carolina are 10/1, Tampa Bay 20/1.
                                                                                                                    Basketball is a blank for everyone it seems

Comment

#59
                                                                                                                      Result 7/45
                                                                                                                      UlsterFootball

1st Derry. 4 points - Rigger, Keane, shrapnel, RichieM, Strewelpeter.
                                                                                                                      2nd Armagh. 2 points - Lao Lao, limpwhacker.

Leaderboard - tie finally split and for first time this year we've have a solo leader.
                                                                                                                      Horses Soccer Hurling Tennis Darts Golf Ice Hockey Basketball
                                                                                                                      Epsom Derby UEFA Conf Leinster French World Cup US Open Stanley Cup NBA 2023
                                                                                                                      Rigger 17 Auguste Rodin West Ham Galway Djokovic Netherlands Scheffler Colorado A Denver Nuggets
                                                                                                                      Keane 16 Auguste Rodin Villareal Galway Alcaraz England McIlroy Boston Bruins Boston Celtics
                                                                                                                      Lao Lao 15 Auguste Rodin Lazio Kilkenny Djokovic Wales Scheffler Carolina H Boston Celtics
                                                                                                                      shrapnel 15 Auguste Rodin Lazio Galway Alcaraz England Scheffler Carolina H Boston Celtics
                                                                                                                      RichieM 15 Auguste Rodin Villareal Galway Alcaraz England McIlroy Colorado A Boston Celtics
                                                                                                                      luckforsome 12 Auguste Rodin Villareal Kilkenny Djokovic Australia Rahm Boston Bruins Boston Celtics
                                                                                                                      ArmaniJeans 12 Auguste Rodin Villareal Kilkenny Djokovic Wales Justin Thomas Colorado A Brooklyn Nets
                                                                                                                      limpwhacker (1) 10 Auguste Rodin Villareal Galway Alcaraz Scotland McIlroy Boston Bruins Boston Celtics
                                                                                                                      Strewelpeter 8 Arrest Lazio Kilkenny Alcaraz Australia McIlroy Toronto ML Boston Celtics
                                                                                                                      pokerhand 6 Auguste Rodin Villareal Galway Djokovic Netherlands McIlroy Boston Bruins Boston Celtics
                                                                                                                      Solksjaer! (1) 4.67 Auguste Rodin Lazio Kilkenny Djokovic Netherlands McIlroy Tampa Bay Brooklyn Nets
                                                                                                                      .
                                                                                                                      Derby next on the first Saturday of June, though the UEFA Conference might be closed off on Thursday. Unlikely though with the way Riggz is rolling.

Comment

#60
                                                                                                                        Change Derby to Military Order please.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X