X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry sent them on there now.

Will go back and double check I have actual live picks later

Comment

Deadly, much appreciated all, makes my part a doddle.
      Should be able to get the selections up shortly after 8.
      Feel free to chnage in the meantime though if something inspires you.

Comment

Hmmmmm.
        Desert Crown (who has 6 or 7 picks) looks likely to be a scratch, just so ye know. Talking Horses: Derby winner Desert Crown set to be ruled out for season | Horse racing tips | The Guardian
        Ultimately non-runners are part of the game (Asleigh Barty etc), but I never really thought about it about it happening exactly on deadline day.
        To be fair, for this event will give until Tuesday for free change.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
          Hmmmmm.
          Desert Crown (who has 6 or 7 picks) looks likely to be a scratch, just so ye know. Talking Horses: Derby winner Desert Crown set to be ruled out for season | Horse racing tips | The Guardian
          Ultimately non-runners are part of the game (Asleigh Barty etc), but I never really thought about it about it happening exactly on deadline day.
          To be fair, for this event will give until Tuesday for free change.
          Ah AJ you're making it too easy for them. Should have kept that to yourself imo.

Comment

Originally posted by limpwhacker View Post

Ah AJ you're making it too easy for them. Should have kept that to yourself imo.
            Meh, you're prob right. And I'm actually doing myself a disservice in the game as I'm already on a different horse in Alphanista.
            But it seemed a bit unfair that I ask people to get their entries in early, they do, and then this news breaks. So wasn't sure what the best thing to do was. (I'm winging it most of the time anyway)

Feck Michael Stoute anyway for not keeping it quiet for a few more days.

Comment

Meh, you're prob right. And I'm actually doing myself a disservice in the game as I'm already on a different horse in Alphanista.
              But it seemed a bit unfair that I ask people to get their entries in early, they do, and then this news breaks. So wasn't sure what the best thing to do was. (I'm winging it most of the time anyway)

Feck Michael Stoute anyway for not keeping it quiet for a few more days.
              No worries. You do a great job running it. I was first in with a change for Desert Crown before the Derby after seeing the way he won at York. The reasons I deserted him for the Arc were two fold he drifted from 2/1 to 5/1 since the Derby and he didn't run in the King George. Two big red flags. Anyway the cats out of the bag now . Good luck to the sleepy heads that don't have to waste a change
              Last edited by limpwhacker; 29-07-22, 18:02.

Comment

cheers AJ, i'll change mine to
                Torquator Tasso

Comment

And Go, Go, Go (or as much as you can 'go go go' with a safety car in play and a mad Irish priest climbing over the fence).

2022 MultiSport Results - Google Sheets
                  As usual, please check your selections that I've not made a mistake, easier/fairer to fix now than later.

1. Nothing from SP yet in Athletics or the Rugby Top England Try scorer yoke, so I've hidden the selections. Everyone else can send me in a change to either of these 2 events in the meantime if they wish.
                  2. Nothing from SP yet in the Arc. So again it's open to anyone to change. I've tried to be as fair as possible in the Arc coz of happenings!
                  3. 10pm Tuesday seems a reasonable cut-off point for SP, and also for any slackers to see the Arc news. Solks/mdoug/shrap, have received your changes.

Leaderboard
                  Athletics Volleyball Rugby 7s Tennis Golf Aussie Rules Horses Baseball
                  Euros, Medal Tab Mens WC Mens WC US Open Presidents ROW 2022 Season Arc World Series
                  Keane (2) 39.33 x Poland Fiji Medvedev Sungjae Im Melbourne x LA Dodgers
                  mdoug (4) 39 x Italy Fiji Medvedev Cam Smith Melbourne x Atlanta Braves
                  luckforsome (3) 38.33 x Poland Fiji Medvedev Corey Connors Melbourne x LA Dodgers
                  limpwhacker (3) 36 x France Fiji Medvedev Sungjae Im Melbourne x LA Dodgers
                  shrapnel (2) 34.33 x Brazil Fiji Medvedev Cam Smith Melbourne x Toronto BlueJ
                  premierstone (3) 33 x Poland Fiji Djokovic Matsuyama Geelong x LA Dodgers
                  pokerhand (3) 32 x France New Zealand Djokovic Ancer Melbourne x Chicago Wsox
                  ArmaniJeans (1) 31.33 x Brazil South Africa Alcaraz Cam Smith Western Bulldogs x Houston Astros
                  Strewelpeter (1) 30.5 Italy USA Alcaraz Matsuyama Richmond St Louis
                  Solksjaer! (3) 29.33 x France Ireland Djokovic Jo Niemann Geelong x LA Dodgers
                  RichieM (2) 24 x Poland South Africa Djokovic Matsuyama Melbourne x Houston Astros
                  Lao Lao (1) 22 x Poland South Africa Djokovic Cam Smith Melbourne x Tampa Bay
                  Random stuff.
                  1. Lao Lao nailed it with Ismaila Sarr = mdoug. Clearly a case of a maverick long-shot picker recognising a kindred spirit.
                  2. All events have different selections to some extent, which is great.
                  3. To think I was worried everyone would pick Salah, when most picked Haaland. He'll fail.
                  4. Surprised so many picked Michel Smith when I thought this event would be wide-open .
                  5. Will Novax be allowed into America?
                  6. I'll update leaderboard with links to events etc next week.

Comment

Change horse to torqator tasso plz

Comment

I'll go with Titleholder for the Arc please

Comment

Vadeni for the arc please
                        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

...Torquator Tasso for the Arc please...

Comment

Could I change the arc to alpinista please.

Comment

Sorry for the delay, just back online now

Spreadsheet updated
                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Cheers, got there in the end.
                                I found it really difficult to keep track of where I was the last few days and the PM system makes it very hard to actually find anything after it's been read.
                                So again please double check that I've got you correct.
                                I hope I came up with a fair solution to the Desert Crown deadline day situation combined with SP being a little late, but what's done is done now.
                                Any changes from now on will be using a change chip. Max 4 so mdoug is all-in on his selections.

Leaderboard
                                Athletics Volleyball Rugby 7s Tennis Golf Aussie Rules Horses Baseball
                                Euros, Medal Table Mens WC Mens WC US Open Presidents ROW 2022 Season Arc World Series
                                Keane (2) 39.33 Poland Poland Fiji Medvedev Sungjae Im Melbourne Torquado Taso LA Dodgers
                                mdoug (4) 39 GB Italy Fiji Medvedev Cam Smith Melbourne Alpinista Atlanta Braves
                                luckforsome (3) 38.33 GB Poland Fiji Medvedev Corey Connors Melbourne Torquado Taso LA Dodgers
                                limpwhacker (3) 36 Poland France Fiji Medvedev Sungjae Im Melbourne Torquado Taso LA Dodgers
                                shrapnel (2) 34.33 GB Brazil Fiji Medvedev Cam Smith Melbourne Torquado Taso Toronto BlueJ
                                premierstone (3) 33 Germany Poland Fiji Djokovic Matsuyama Geelong Title Holder LA Dodgers
                                pokerhand (3) 32 Germany France New Zealand Djokovic Ancer Melbourne Vadeni Chicago Wsox
                                ArmaniJeans (1) 31.33 GB Brazil South Africa Alcaraz Cam Smith Western Bulldogs Alpinista Houston Astros
                                Strewelpeter (1) 30.5 Germany Italy USA Alcaraz Matsuyama Richmond Onesto St Louis
                                Solksjaer! (3) 29.33 Poland France Ireland Djokovic Jo Niemann Geelong Title Holder LA Dodgers
                                RichieM (2) 24 GB Poland South Africa Djokovic Matsuyama Melbourne Alpinista Houston Astros
                                Lao Lao (1) 22 GB Poland South Africa Djokovic Cam Smith Melbourne Onesto Tampa Bay
                                Athletics will be next up, running from 15th to 21st August.
                                Worked out as well as I could have hoped with a decent split of selections between 3 countries.
                                Just to clarify it's standard medal table, so most golds wins, with silvers then bronzes only looked at in the event of ties for golds.

And I'll take the medal table as it is on 21st of August at the close of the event, ignoring any drug-test fails that come to light after that (usually Polish shot-putters and UK sprinters)

Comment

August Change Deadlines
                                  Athletics - Europeans Medal Table - deadline 10/08
                                  Volleyball - Mens World Cup - deadline 21/08
                                  Tennis - US Open - deadline 24/08

All deadline times 21:59.

Comment

Thought the athletics deadline was today, curses. Was going to change to GB. Up Poland!

Comment

Looking at Poland's 7 golds in 2018, they swept the shotput and hammer male and female for 4 golds. The winners will be competing again so you'd have to be hopeful of a similar result which would give a solid base. Probably essential that they get golds there really, and you'll have an idea of your fate by Evening One, Monday as the two shot put finals are amongst the first events on the Schedule.
                                      Then at the recent Worlds, there was a Polish woman second in both walking events (to a non-European) so presumably she's favourite for a couple of golds there.
                                      After that I dunno, but they usually throw up a one or two capable runners and are generally solid in the relays. 8 golds probably wins (50 events altogether), 7 might be enough.

UK definitely have a lot more arrows to throw and in sexier blue riband events, though one disadvantage is a lot of their athletes will be on their 3rd Championship in six weeks, whilst the other countries didn't have the Commonwealth Games distractions. A few patented Team GB baton drops might be useful.

Comment

For some reason, i read the european championship medal table as a whole, not just the athletics portion of it. Ah well, come on GB!

Comment

Brilliant women's marathon. Gwan the Poles

Comment

Brilliant women's marathon. Gwan the Poles
                                            Men's race was possibly even better. Unbelievable last k. Meh Krauts 1 each

Comment

Looking at Poland's 7 golds in 2018, they swept the shotput and hammer male and female for 4 golds. The winners will be competing again so you'd have to be hopeful of a similar result which would give a solid base. Probably essential that they get golds there really, and you'll have an idea of your fate by Evening One, Monday as the two shot put finals are amongst the first events on the Schedule.
                                              Then at the recent Worlds, there was a Polish woman second in both walking events (to a non-European) so presumably she's favourite for a couple of golds there.
                                              After that I dunno, but they usually throw up a one or two capable runners and are generally solid in the relays. 8 golds probably wins (50 events altogether), 7 might be enough.

UK definitely have a lot more arrows to throw and in sexier blue riband events, though one disadvantage is a lot of their athletes will be on their 3rd Championship in six weeks, whilst the other countries didn't have the Commonwealth Games distractions. A few patented Team GB baton drops might be useful.
                                              Meh no shot putt gold's this time. No one in the women's final and two lads qualified 3rd and 4th in the men's almost a metre behind leader.

Comment

Late August/Early September change deadlines
                                                Volleyball - Mens World Cup - deadline 21/08
                                                Tennis - US Open - deadline 24/08
                                                Rugby 7s - Men's World Cup - deadline 04/09
                                                Tennis Davis Cup - deadline - 08/09

I'll try hunt down a decent link for the draw for the Rugby 7s before the final warning for this event at the start of September.
                                                No-one has updated the wiki link in my tables above, and the official WR site has laid it out hilariously badly and turned it into a bizarre memory test as you click from tab to tab.

Comment

Blanks for Poland in the shot put as predicted by our man in Munich limpwhacker, and more bad news as the walker girl has withdrawn from tomorrows first event
                                                  Though also a knock for GB as their first big gold hope Liz McColgan only managed silver.
                                                  But a nice bonus for Germany backers in the women's marathon as they picked up something called the 'team gold'.
                                                  I was dubious when I saw it in wiki but it does seem to be official according to the event medal table. I think/hope it's just a marathon thing, and I guess it has to be accepted.

Comment

Good day of Athletics. Irish lad ran a blinder in the 100m with a national record and just . 04 seconds off a bronze. Germans definitely drawing on the crowd and producing pbs. Solks and Keane we're fckd. Germans romp Brits probably second.

Comment

Brits should win at least 3 gold's and a silver today to close the gap on Germany to one. Previous prediction of a German romp may have been premature given GB strength in the relays.

Comment

Laura Muir yeah. Dasher Smith - Would she be favourite, feck all odds available but I think I'd be opposed when Pulled Up is her recent form figure 72 hours ago.
                                                        The two lads in the 200M have chances. Don't see anything else for 'at least 3 golds'. I'd prefer to be on Germany with the lead (and the extra tie-break silvers) although don't seem to have much today.

Comment

Laura Muir and one of the two lads in the 200m will win. Asher Smith is fine she had "women's problems" her words in the 100m. She's fine now and was very impressive in the semi, she'll win.

Comment

I'd like to tender my resignation as your correspondent from Munich

Comment

GB could pick up 2 or 3 golds today also (800, 4*400 and women's steeplechase) . Going to come down to the wire

Comment

She's fine now and was very impressive in the semi, she'll win.

Confirmation that I know nothing about women's problems

Comment

A few patented Team GB baton drops might be useful.

Result 24/43
                                                                  Athletics - European Championships medal table.

Cracking event that, down to the last race.

1st Germany. 4 points - premierstone, pokerhand, Strewelpeter.
                                                                  2nd GB. 2 points - mdoug, luckforsome, shrapnel, ArmaniJeans, RichieM, Lao Lao.
                                                                  3rd Spain. 1 point - no-one.
                                                                  Poland quite unlucky, 14 medals in total was third best but just couldn't get golds.

Leaderboard
                                                                  New leader alert
                                                                  as mdoug takes top spot again.
                                                                  Volleyball Rugby 7s Tennis Golf Aussie Rules Horses Baseball Tennis
                                                                  Mens WC Mens WC US Open Presidents ROW 2022 Season Arc World Series Davis Cup
                                                                  mdoug (4) 41 Italy Fiji Medvedev Cam Smith Melbourne Alpinista Atlanta Braves Serbia
                                                                  luckforsome (3) 40.33 Poland Fiji Medvedev Corey Connors Melbourne Torquado Taso LA Dodgers Croatia
                                                                  Keane (2) 39.33 Poland Fiji Medvedev Sungjae Im Melbourne Torquado Taso LA Dodgers Croatia
                                                                  premierstone (3) 37 Poland Fiji Djokovic Matsuyama Geelong Title Holder LA Dodgers Spain
                                                                  shrapnel (2) 36.33 Brazil Fiji Medvedev Cam Smith Melbourne Torquado Taso Toronto BlueJ Croatia
                                                                  limpwhacker (3) 36 France Fiji Medvedev Sungjae Im Melbourne Torquado Taso LA Dodgers Serbia
                                                                  pokerhand (3) 36 France New Zealand Djokovic Ancer Melbourne Vadeni Chicago Wsox Germany
                                                                  Strewelpeter (1) 34.5 Italy USA Alcaraz Matsuyama Richmond Onesto St Louis USA
                                                                  ArmaniJeans (1) 33.33 Brazil South Africa Alcaraz Cam Smith Western Bulldogs Alpinista Houston Astros GB
                                                                  Solksjaer! (3) 29.33 France Ireland Djokovic Jo Niemann Geelong Title Holder LA Dodgers Spain
                                                                  RichieM (2) 26 Poland South Africa Djokovic Matsuyama Melbourne Alpinista Houston Astros Canada
                                                                  Lao Lao (1) 24 Poland South Africa Djokovic Cam Smith Melbourne Onesto Tampa Bay Italy
                                                                  September 11th has two events concluding.
                                                                  In the afternoon its the final of the Rugby 7s. Slightly improved link on the second row above laying out the last 16 draw. (Some countries inc Ireland have to play a prelim game)
                                                                  Then in the evening there'll be the volleyball final.
                                                                  And the US Open tennis final will take place in the early hours of Monday 12th.

Aussie Rules league phase ended yesterday, playoffs start next week.
                                                                  Geelong and popular pick Melbourne finished 1-2 and will play home games next week. Win and they go into the semi-finals, lose and they get a second bite the following week.
                                                                  Richmond and Western Bulldogs scraped home in 7th and 8th, so have no safety net and it's win or bust from next weekend.

Comment

Fucking tennis...
                                                                    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                      Fucking tennis...
                                                                      You're not on your A game this year. USA non runner in hockey and now this

Comment

You're not on your A game this year. USA non runner in hockey and now this
                                                                        It's not just he withdrew, it's he withdrew 1 day after the deadline for changes....

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post

It's not just he withdrew, it's he withdrew 1 day after the deadline for changes....
                                                                          Yup massive ball ache, I thought I had managed to get lucky after making a terrible pick and wouldn’t need to use a change to jump on a differential.

Even tho I’m far from in the running and possibly mathematically already dead it’s very annoying.

Comment

I liked the Djokovic pick from anyone who had a couple of changes left, but it needed a hawk-eye kept on it.
                                                                            I felt the writing was on the wall 48 hours ago that he wasn't going to make it.
                                                                            Still hasn't been an event where no-one scored, this might be it.

Comment

September change deadlines
                                                                              Rugby 7s Men's World Cup - deadline 04/09
                                                                              Tennis Davis Cup - deadline 08/09
                                                                              Golf Presidents Cup Top Rest of World Player - deadline 17/09
                                                                              Horses Arc de Triomphe - deadline 27/09

*****
                                                                              FYI Remaining events on which change chips can be used.
                                                                              Above plus
                                                                              Cricket T20 WC, Handball Women's Euros,
                                                                              Rugby Nov Internationals, Snooker UK,
                                                                              FIFA WC winner and top goal scorer,
                                                                              Darts World Champs, King George Chase.

Comment

Did someone say Haaland would fail

Comment

Did someone say Haaland would fail

Pray for luck4some, AJ, LL.
                                                                                  Soccer
                                                                                  EPLTGS 31/12
                                                                                  mdoug (4) 41 Haaland
                                                                                  luckforsome (3) 40.33 CR7
                                                                                  Keane (2) 39.33 Haaland
                                                                                  premierstone (3) 37 Haaland
                                                                                  shrapnel (2) 36.33 Haaland
                                                                                  limpwhacker (3) 36 Haaland
                                                                                  pokerhand (3) 36 Haaland
                                                                                  Strewelpeter (1) 34.5 Haaland
                                                                                  ArmaniJeans (1) 33.33 Salah
                                                                                  Solksjaer! (3) 29.33 Haaland
                                                                                  RichieM (2) 26 Haaland
                                                                                  Lao Lao (1) 24 Salah

Comment

only Alcaraz left in with a chance in the tennis, after Medvedev got spanked by Kyrgios

Comment

Pray for luck4some, AJ, LL.
                                                                                      Soccer
                                                                                      EPLTGS 31/12
                                                                                      mdoug (4) 41 Haaland
                                                                                      luckforsome (3) 40.33 CR7
                                                                                      Keane (2) 39.33 Haaland
                                                                                      premierstone (3) 37 Haaland
                                                                                      shrapnel (2) 36.33 Haaland
                                                                                      limpwhacker (3) 36 Haaland
                                                                                      pokerhand (3) 36 Haaland
                                                                                      Strewelpeter (1) 34.5 Haaland
                                                                                      ArmaniJeans (1) 33.33 Salah
                                                                                      Solksjaer! (3) 29.33 Haaland
                                                                                      RichieM (2) 26 Haaland
                                                                                      Lao Lao (1) 24 Salah
                                                                                      ... Genuinely made a mistake. Id have gone about 25 different picks before him as didn't expect him to even be at United... Mistakingly did 2 picks for WC top goal scorer... FML

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post

... Genuinely made a mistake. Id have gone about 25 different picks before him as didn't expect him to even be at United... Mistakingly did 2 picks for WC top goal scorer... FML
                                                                                        Lol, that's a wee bit sick. Funny thing is if you'd typed them the other way around (i.e., CR7 in World Cup, Mbappe in EPL) then I'd have noticed something awry and queried it. But Ronaldo was obviously perfectly valid for EPL.

****
                                                                                        Volleyball quarter-finals start tomorrow.
                                                                                        Everyone still alive but that has to change as Italy (mdoug, SP) meet France (limpwhacker, pokerhand, Solks) in the first game about 6.30pm.
                                                                                        There used to be free youtube for this, but the optimists are trying to charge this time. Doesn't seem to be on Eurosport either,

Quarter-final draw.
                                                                                        2022 FIVB Volleyball Men's World Championship - Wikipedia

Comment

Big weekend coming up.
                                                                                          Volleyball Rugby 7s Tennis Aussie Rules
                                                                                          Mens WC Mens WC US Open 2022 Season
                                                                                          mdoug (4) 41 Italy Fiji Medvedev Melbourne
                                                                                          luckforsome (3) 40.33 Poland Fiji Medvedev Melbourne
                                                                                          Keane (2) 39.33 Poland Fiji Medvedev Melbourne
                                                                                          premierstone (3) 37 Poland Fiji Djokovic Geelong
                                                                                          shrapnel (2) 36.33 Brazil Fiji Medvedev Melbourne
                                                                                          limpwhacker (3) 36 France Fiji Medvedev Melbourne
                                                                                          pokerhand (3) 36 France New Zealand Djokovic Melbourne
                                                                                          Strewelpeter (1) 34.5 Italy USA Alcaraz Richmond
                                                                                          ArmaniJeans (1) 33.33 Brazil South Africa Alcaraz Western Bulldogs
                                                                                          Solksjaer! (3) 29.33 France Ireland Djokovic Geelong
                                                                                          RichieM (2) 26 Poland South Africa Djokovic Melbourne
                                                                                          Lao Lao (1) 24 Poland South Africa Djokovic Melbourne
                                                                                          Rugby 7s quarters-finals around tea-time. Big win for Solks' Ireland over England yesterday and they now face hosts South Africa. The bottom half looks to have really opened up for Fiji. Strewels punt on USA didn't work.
                                                                                          2022 Rugby World Cup Sevens – Men's tournament - Wikipedia

Volleyball semi-finals also this evening. Poland v Brazil and Italy v Slovenia. The 3 people on France need an unexpected Slovenia miracle to get out of that one with minimal damage.
                                                                                          2022 FIVB Volleyball Men's World Championship - Wikipedia

Carlos Alcaraz has somehow 5-setted his way to the final of the US Open for Strewelpeter and AJ. Go Carlos. That'll be Monday morning. No points there for anyone else.
                                                                                          2022 US Open – Men's singles - Wikipedia

Big shock in the Aussie Rules as long-time favourites Melbourne lost both their initial play-off game and also their second chance game last night. Richmond & Bulldogs exited last weekend.
                                                                                          Geelong for premierstone and Solks the only ones remaining, and safely into next weekends semi-finals v Brisbane. 1 point locked up, and a chance to turn it into 2 or 4.
                                                                                          2022 AFL season - Wikipedia

Comment

Result 25/43
                                                                                            Volleyball World Championship

1st Italy. 4 points - mdoug, Strewelpeter
                                                                                            2nd Poland. 2 points - luckforsome, Keane, premierstone, RichieM, Lao Lao
                                                                                            3rd Brazil. 1 point - shrapnel, ArmaniJeans

Result 26/43
                                                                                            Rugby 7s World Cup

1st Fiji. 4 points - mdoug, luckforsome, Keane, premierstone, shrapnel, limpwhacker
                                                                                            2nd NZ. 2 points - pokerhand.
                                                                                            3rd Ireland. 1 point - Solksjaer!

Leaderboard
                                                                                            mdoug stretching the field, although being out of changes might yet become a factor.
                                                                                            Tennis Golf Aussie Rules Horses Baseball Tennis Cricket Snooker
                                                                                            US Open Presidents ROW 2022 Season Arc World Series Davis Cup T20 WC UK
                                                                                            mdoug (4) 49 Medvedev Cam Smith Melbourne Alpinista Atlanta Braves Serbia Australia Ronnie
                                                                                            luckforsome (3) 46.33 Medvedev Corey Connors Melbourne Torquado Taso LA Dodgers Croatia Australia Ronnie
                                                                                            Keane (2) 45.33 Medvedev Sungjae Im Melbourne Torquado Taso LA Dodgers Croatia Australia Trump
                                                                                            premierstone (3) 43 Djokovic Matsuyama Geelong Title Holder LA Dodgers Spain India Trump
                                                                                            shrapnel (2) 41.33 Medvedev Cam Smith Melbourne Torquado Taso Toronto BlueJ Croatia Australia Trump
                                                                                            limpwhacker (3) 40 Medvedev Sungjae Im Melbourne Torquado Taso LA Dodgers Serbia Australia Trump
                                                                                            Strewelpeter (1) 38.5 Alcaraz Matsuyama Richmond Onesto St Louis USA New Zealand Robertson
                                                                                            pokerhand (3) 38 Djokovic Ancer Melbourne Vadeni Chicago Wsox Germany Australia Robertson
                                                                                            ArmaniJeans (1) 34.33 Alcaraz Cam Smith Western Bulldogs Alpinista Houston Astros GB India Robertson
                                                                                            Solksjaer! (3) 30.33 Djokovic Jo Niemann Geelong Title Holder LA Dodgers Spain Australia Ronnie
                                                                                            RichieM (2) 28 Djokovic Matsuyama Melbourne Alpinista Houston Astros Canada Australia Trump
                                                                                            Lao Lao (1) 26 Djokovic Cam Smith Melbourne Onesto Tampa Bay Italy Australia Ronnie
                                                                                            Tennis final on at the moment, looking like going 1 set all so a good few hours left.
                                                                                            Either 2 or 4 points for Strewelpeter and myself, I'll update tomorrow evening hopefully.

Comment

Result 27/43
                                                                                              Tennis US Open

1st Carlos Alcaraz. 4 points - Strewelpeter, ArmaniJeans
                                                                                              2nd Casper Ruud. 2 points - no-one
                                                                                              Semis - Tiafoe/Khackanov. 1 point - no-one

Leaderboard
                                                                                              Golf Aussie Rules Horses Baseball Cricket Tennis Snooker Handball
                                                                                              Presidents ROW 2022 Season Arc World Series T20 WC Davis Cup UK Womens Euros
                                                                                              mdoug (4) 49 Cam Smith Melbourne Alpinista Atlanta Braves Australia Serbia Ronnie Norway
                                                                                              luckforsome (3) 46.33 Corey Connors Melbourne Torquado Taso LA Dodgers Australia Croatia Ronnie France
                                                                                              Keane (2) 45.33 Sungjae Im Melbourne Torquado Taso LA Dodgers Australia Croatia Trump France
                                                                                              premierstone (3) 43 Matsuyama Geelong Title Holder LA Dodgers India Spain Trump Norway
                                                                                              Strewelpeter (1) 42.5 Matsuyama Richmond Onesto St Louis New Zealand USA Robertson Norway
                                                                                              shrapnel (2) 41.33 Cam Smith Melbourne Torquado Taso Toronto BlueJ Australia Croatia Trump Norway
                                                                                              limpwhacker (3) 40 Sungjae Im Melbourne Torquado Taso LA Dodgers Australia Serbia Trump France
                                                                                              ArmaniJeans (1) 38.33 Cam Smith Western Bulldogs Alpinista Houston Astros India GB Robertson Norway
                                                                                              pokerhand (3) 38 Ancer Melbourne Vadeni Chicago Wsox Australia Germany Robertson France
                                                                                              Solksjaer! (3) 30.33 Jo Niemann Geelong Title Holder LA Dodgers Australia Spain Ronnie France
                                                                                              RichieM (2) 28 Matsuyama Melbourne Alpinista Houston Astros Australia Canada Trump Hungary
                                                                                              Lao Lao (1) 26 Cam Smith Melbourne Onesto Tampa Bay Australia Italy Ronnie Netherlands
                                                                                              .
                                                                                              Aussie Rules will be next - final on Saturday 24th although could close it off early if sole remaining horse Geelong fail in the semi-final.
                                                                                              Presidents Cup will finish on Sunday 25th. Remember just interested in best performing 'International'. Doesn't matter if the Yanks win 26 to 8.
                                                                                              Davis Cup starts tomorrow - plenty of weakened teams clearly hoping to crawl through the groups before reinforcing for Novembers quarter-finals - this may backfire.
                                                                                              Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 12-09-22, 19:21.

Comment

Late September/Early October change deadlines
                                                                                                Golf Presidents Cup Top Rest of World Player - deadline 17/09
                                                                                                Horses Arc de Triomphe - deadline 27/09
                                                                                                Cricket T20 World Cup - deadline 11/10

*****
                                                                                                Above plus
                                                                                                Handball Women's Euros,

Comment

My second change.

Not with a lot of confidence as it's a 7/1 the field event, but I have a few changes to play with and feel curiously negative about the chances of my original pick.
                                                                                                  So Presidents Cup Top Rest of World player - change to Joohyung Kim, sometimes referred to as Tom Kim. This guy Kim Joo-hyung - Wikipedia

Comment

FFS. Cam Smith out of president's cup. another LIV defector

or Niemann or Ancer for that matter also
                                                                                                    Last edited by shrapnel; 20-09-22, 14:41.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                      FFS. Cam Smith out of president's cup. another LIV defector

or Niemann or Ancer for that matter also
                                                                                                      Cursed was sure they'd allow them to play.

Comment

Yeah, the LIV thing is a pity as the Internationals needed the likes of Ancer and Smith to be competitive, though obviously I'll still be awarding 4-2-1 points (assuming three of 'em actually win/tie a game). Non-runners have been a bit of a killer - Novax, LIV, the original Derby favourite and Ashleigh 'hates Liam' Barty. I'd thought it might be easier to get runners safely to the starting line post Covid, but seems there's always something.

Just catching up with last weeks Davis Cup groups which passed me by.
                                                                                                        Serbia (mdoug, limpwhacker) paid the penalty for Djokovic having better things to do, and GB (myself) also exited despite home advantage in Glasgow. Bizarre decision to twice play Andy Murray in the doubles and hold back the number 3 ranked doubles player. Everyone else safely through.

1/4s, semi's and final will take place in Spain in November and whilst we don't know who'll be top of the leaderboard by then, there'll likely be some game-changing head to head ties. 4-2-1-1 available so these ties will be for a guaranteed point and the chance of more.
                                                                                                        Italy (Lao Lao) v USA (Strewelpeter)
                                                                                                        Germany (pokerhand) v Canada (RichieM)
                                                                                                        Netherlands v Australia
                                                                                                        Spain (premierstone, Solks) v Croatia (luckforsome, Keane, shrapnel)

Comment

Result 28/43
                                                                                                          Aussie Rules 2022

1st Geelong. 4 points - premierstone, Solksjaer!
                                                                                                          2nd. Sydney. 2 points - no-one
                                                                                                          Semi. Collingwood. 1 point - no-one
                                                                                                          Semi. Brisbane. 1 point - no-one

Leaderboard
                                                                                                          Golf Horses Baseball Cricket Snooker Tennis Handball Rugby
                                                                                                          Pres Cup ROW Arc World Series T20 WC UK Davis Cup Womens Euros Nov Ints Eng TTS
                                                                                                          mdoug (4) 49 Cam Smith Alpinista Atlanta Braves Australia Ronnie Serbia Norway Marcus Smith
                                                                                                          premierstone (3) 47 Matsuyama Title Holder LA Dodgers India Trump Spain Norway Marcus Smith
                                                                                                          luckforsome (3) 46.33 Corey Connors Torquado Taso LA Dodgers Australia Ronnie Croatia France Marcus Smith
                                                                                                          Keane (2) 45.33 Sungjae Im Torquado Taso LA Dodgers Australia Trump Croatia France Freddie Steward
                                                                                                          Strewelpeter (1) 42.5 Matsuyama Onesto St Louis New Zealand Robertson USA Norway Marcus Smith
                                                                                                          shrapnel (2) 41.33 Cam Smith Torquado Taso Toronto BlueJ Australia Trump Croatia Norway Henry Arundell
                                                                                                          limpwhacker (3) 40 Sungjae Im Torquado Taso LA Dodgers Australia Trump Serbia France Marcus Smith
                                                                                                          ArmaniJeans (2) 38.33 Tom Kim Alpinista Houston Astros India Robertson GB Norway Freddie Steward
                                                                                                          pokerhand (3) 38 Ancer Vadeni Chicago Wsox Australia Robertson Germany France Freddie Steward
                                                                                                          Solksjaer! (3) 34.33 Jo Niemann Title Holder LA Dodgers Australia Ronnie Spain France Marcus Smith
                                                                                                          RichieM (2) 28 Matsuyama Alpinista Houston Astros Australia Trump Canada Hungary Henry Arundell
                                                                                                          Lao Lao (1) 26 Cam Smith Onesto Tampa Bay Australia Ronnie Italy Netherlands Johnny May
                                                                                                          .
                                                                                                          Presidents Cup ends tomorrow night.
                                                                                                          Not been a great event. Cam Smith, Ab Ancer and Jo Niemann all excluded from International team because of LIV membership.
                                                                                                          The remaining team have been terrible, trailing 2-8 before todays sets of games.
                                                                                                          Sungjae Im our only selection to do anything with half a point.
                                                                                                          Si Woo Kim and Cam Davis 'lead' with one point, so if any of our selections can get even two wins from their remaining 3 games, they'll likely score in our competition.

Comment

Result 29/43
                                                                                                            Presidents Cup Top International.

Getting the result from here. Points are 4,2,1 so a tie for second is 1.5 points.
                                                                                                            1st SiWoo Kim. 4 points - no-one
                                                                                                            2nd Seb Munoz/Sungae Im. 1 .5 points - Keane, limpwhacker.

Leaderboard
                                                                                                            Horses Baseball Cricket Snooker Handball Tennis Rugby Soccer
                                                                                                            Arc World Series T20 WC UK Womens Euros Davis Cup Nov Ints Eng TTS WC
                                                                                                            mdoug (4) 49 Alpinista Atlanta Braves Australia Ronnie Norway Serbia Marcus Smith Brazil
                                                                                                            premierstone (3) 47 Title Holder LA Dodgers India Trump Norway Spain Marcus Smith France
                                                                                                            Keane (2) 46.83 Torquado Taso LA Dodgers Australia Trump France Croatia Freddie Steward Spain
                                                                                                            luckforsome (3) 46.33 Torquado Taso LA Dodgers Australia Ronnie France Croatia Marcus Smith Brazil
                                                                                                            Strewelpeter (1) 42.5 Onesto St Louis New Zealand Robertson Norway USA Marcus Smith Portugal
                                                                                                            limpwhacker (3) 41.5 Torquado Taso LA Dodgers Australia Trump France Serbia Marcus Smith Germany
                                                                                                            shrapnel (2) 41.33 Torquado Taso Toronto BlueJ Australia Trump Norway Croatia Henry Arundell Brazil
                                                                                                            ArmaniJeans (2) 38.33 Alpinista Houston Astros India Robertson Norway GB Freddie Steward Netherlands
                                                                                                            pokerhand (3) 38 Vadeni Chicago Wsox Australia Robertson France Germany Freddie Steward Brazil
                                                                                                            Solksjaer! (3) 34.33 Title Holder LA Dodgers Australia Ronnie France Spain Marcus Smith France
                                                                                                            RichieM (2) 28 Alpinista Houston Astros Australia Trump Hungary Canada Henry Arundell France
                                                                                                            Lao Lao (1) 26 Onesto Tampa Bay Australia Ronnie Netherlands Italy Johnny May Argentina
                                                                                                            .
                                                                                                            Arc de Triomphe next. Change deadline Tuesday 21:59, and the race on Sunday afternoon.

Comment

Is that tomorrow evening for the deadline AJ?

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                                Is that tomorrow evening for the deadline AJ?
                                                                                                                Yes, exactly that.

Comment

Change to Luxembourg please

Comment

October change deadlines
                                                                                                                    Cricket T20 World Cup - deadline 11/10
                                                                                                                    Handball Women's Euros - deadline 30/10

*****
                                                                                                                    Above plus
                                                                                                                    ******
                                                                                                                    Arc on Sunday, think everyone still has a runner at the moment.
                                                                                                                    Keane the only one to change from Torquado Taso to springer fav Luxembourg.
                                                                                                                    (Who knows, might actually work out well for the other pursuers who are still on TT. We'll see).
                                                                                                                    I'm off to London to see Vikings Saints as part of my multisport research, will update with Arc result Tuesday probably.

Comment

Result 30/43
                                                                                                                      Arc

1st Alpinista. 4 points - mdoug, ArmaniJeans, RichieM
                                                                                                                      2nd Vadeni. 2 points - pokerhand
                                                                                                                      3rd Torquator Tasso. 1 point - luckforsome, limpwhacker, shrapnel

Leaderboard.
                                                                                                                      mdoug stretches the leader to over 5 points, always a big lead in this game.
                                                                                                                      Baseball Cricket Snooker Tennis Handball Rugby Soccer Soccer
                                                                                                                      World Series T20 WC UK Davis Cup Womens Euros Nov Ints Eng TTS WC WCTGS
                                                                                                                      mdoug (4) 53 Atlanta Braves Australia Ronnie Serbia Norway Marcus Smith Brazil Ismaila Sarr (!)
                                                                                                                      luckforsome (3) 47.33 LA Dodgers Australia Ronnie Croatia France Marcus Smith Brazil Neymar
                                                                                                                      premierstone (3) 47 LA Dodgers India Trump Spain Norway Marcus Smith France Harry Kane
                                                                                                                      Keane (3) 46.83 LA Dodgers Australia Trump Croatia France Freddie Steward Spain Mbappe
                                                                                                                      Strewelpeter (1) 42.5 St Louis New Zealand Robertson USA Norway Marcus Smith Portugal CR7
                                                                                                                      limpwhacker (3) 42.5 LA Dodgers Australia Trump Serbia France Marcus Smith Germany Mbappe
                                                                                                                      shrapnel (2) 42.33 Toronto BlueJ Australia Trump Croatia Norway Henry Arundell Brazil Neymar
                                                                                                                      ArmaniJeans (2) 42.33 Houston Astros India Robertson GB Norway Freddie Steward Netherlands Harry Kane
                                                                                                                      pokerhand (3) 40 Chicago Wsox Australia Robertson Germany France Freddie Steward Brazil Neymar
                                                                                                                      Solksjaer! (3) 34.33 LA Dodgers Australia Ronnie Spain France Marcus Smith France Messi
                                                                                                                      RichieM (2) 32 Houston Astros Australia Trump Canada Hungary Henry Arundell France Mbappe
                                                                                                                      Lao Lao (1) 26 Tampa Bay Australia Ronnie Italy Netherlands Johnny May Argentina Mbappe
                                                                                                                      .
                                                                                                                      Bit of a gap in the calendar. Baseball World Series will be next to complete but not until the start of November.
                                                                                                                      Cricket World Cup will start in the meantime and the 31/12 soccer events are on-going, but definitely an October lull

Comment

Wow, that last post looks poor. In my defence it wasn't a completely terrible effort using the phone.
                                                                                                                        Hopefully normal service from now on as I have internet at home again after a 10 day outage.

Baseball playoffs start tonight.
                                                                                                                        pokerhands Chicago Whitesox didn't make it, but everyone else still alive.
                                                                                                                        2022 Major League Baseball postseason - Wikipedia
                                                                                                                        Possible semi-final between Atlanta (mdoug) and LA Dodgers (his nearest pursuers) would be big.

Comment

Late October/Early November change deadlines
                                                                                                                          Handball Women's Euros - deadline 30/10
                                                                                                                          Rugby - Autumn Internationals Top England Try-Scorer - deadline 01/11
                                                                                                                          Snooker - UK Championship - deadline 07/11

*****
                                                                                                                          Above plus
                                                                                                                          Darts World Championships Best English, King George Chase.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X