IPB Masters Sweep 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IPB Masters Sweep 2021

“I’ve never been to heaven and thinking back on my life, I probably won’t get the chance to go. I guess winning The Masters is as close as I’m going to get”
    Fuzzy Zoeller, 1979 Masters Champion

Deadline Wednesday @ 5pm. Only paid up entrants will be included.
    €20 a head.
    Winner takes all if <= 10 entrants. If > 10 1st 70% & 2nd 30%. If >= 20 1st 65%, 2nd 25% and 3rd 10%

Picks will only be published after deadline.

How to Enter
    Group 1 (Max 1 Pick)
    Bryson DeChambeau
    Dustin Johnson
    Jordan Spieth
    Justin Thomas
    Jon Rahm
    Rory McIlroy
    Patrick Cantlay
    Xander Schauffele
    Brooks Koepka
    Patrick Reed

Group 2 (Pick 1. You can pick another if you didn’t pick from group 1.)
    Collin Morikawa
    Lee Westwood
    Tony Finau
    Paul Casey
    Hideki Matsuyama
    Webb Simpson
    Tommy Fleetwood
    Sergio Garcia
    Matthew Fitzpatrick
    Tyrrell Hatton
    Jason Day
    Bubba Watson

Pick 2 other golfers from the field.

· You can use lower ranked golfers in the place of higher ranker golfers i.e. If you want to pick only 1 from group 2, you can pick three from the remainder of the field. If you don’t want someone from the group 1 and 2 you can replace with any other golfer outside these groups. But you must pick four golfers.
    . Be sure your golfer is in the field. Double check this yourself.

Scoring
    · Your score will be the cumulative 72 hole score of each golfer. i.e. say you pick Reed, Casey, Na, Poulter and they score 282, 280, 272, 280 then your score is 1114.
    · The winner will be the person whose 4 golfers have the lowest combined score.

Missing the cut
    · If one of your players fails to make the cut you will get their 36 hole score x 2. i.e. if you pick Westwood and he fails to make the cut with a 36 hole score of 160 then he will get a score of 320 towards the combined score of your 4 golfers.

The Padraig Harrington Rule
    · This rule is in place in case your player does a Paddy H. i.e. makes the cut but shoots 87 and 90 in the final two rounds.
    · The contribution to the cumulative score of any golfer who makes the cut cannot be bigger than the 72 hole score assigned to any picked golfer who fails to make the cut.
    · So if your players does a PH he will be assigned the score of the worst performing golfer, who has been selected by somebody in the competition, who failed to make the cut.

If your player is DQ'd, WD or hit by lightning & does not complete he will also receive equal of the worst picked score.

The Jim Furyk Rule
    If you pick the same golfers as another entrant - tough sh1t.

Entry Fees
    Sent entry fee via PayPal or Revolut to number below. Reference with your IPB username. Then message 4 picks to number below. I will post here that entry has been received but selections won't be published till after entry deadline.

Number is +353
    Then (Zero), Eight, Seven
    Then next 3 numbers are Nine, Three and One.
    The final four numbers are Two, One, Zero and Four.
    Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

I think you need to select "Sending to Friend" in PayPal to save on fees.

Comment

In

Comment

...In if goes ahead... Out of curiosity- why did you give your number in words rather than digits?...

Comment

In. Send back deets for da monies or alternatively I can ship to the winner .

Comment

Can you pm your name please? Still need that to pay

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
              ...In if goes ahead... Out of curiosity- why did you give your number in words rather than digits?...
              Stop the bots picking it up.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                Name is:

Anthony
                Rafferty

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                  In. Send back deets for da monies or alternatively I can ship to the winner .
                  Payment details below. Get a buddy from here to pay you in if these don't suit.

Send entry fee via PayPal or Revolut to number below. Reference with your IPB username. Then message 4 picks to number below. I will post here that entry has been received but selections won't be published till after entry deadline.

Number is +353

Name is:

Anthony
                  Rafferty

Comment

Entry fee and player selection received. Thanks and best of luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

Payment details below. Get a buddy from here to pay you in if these don't suit.

Send entry fee via PayPal or Revolut to number below. Reference with your IPB username. Then message 4 picks to number below. I will post here that entry has been received but selections won't be published till after entry deadline.

Number is +353

Name is:

Anthony
                      Rafferty
                      Sent via revolut. Not a big user so let me know if any issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

Sent via revolut. Not a big user so let me know if any issues.
                        Got entry fee and picks. Best of luck.

Comment

Sent on Revolut and Whatsapp
                          Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                            Sent on Revolut and Whatsapp
                            Cheers

Comment

Sent and thanks for running!
                              "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                Sent and thanks for running!

Comment

Found this site for doing golf pools, looks good, saves organiser a lot of work, especially if it actually updates in real time, not sure yet.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mayo-...0391231?ref=hl

Mayo's longest running and most successful pub poker league. Teach O'Hora, Kiltimagh every Wednesday night, entry €20. Re-entry €20.

Comment

Selections and entry fee received from thechamp87.

Comment

Money received from Struwwelpeter. Awaiting player selection.

Comment

Can I do a second entry?
                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Can I do a second entry?
                                          Yes. Preferably for somebody else close to you IRL.

Comment

Loots shipped. Looking forward to the "watch every shot" coverage on the website. No ads, no commentary, no nonsense, just golf.

Comment

Yes. Preferably for somebody else close to you IRL.
                                              yeah there's two of us doing the picks and we can't agree a group 1 pick will send the picks now

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                Loots shipped. Looking forward to the "watch every shot" coverage on the website. No ads, no commentary, no nonsense, just golf.
                                                Entry and picks received. Best of luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

yeah there's two of us doing the picks and we can't agree a group 1 pick will send the picks now
                                                  Fees and selections received. Best of luck to ye.

Comment

Luckforsome in.

Comment

Entrants so far.....
                                                      Solskjaer
                                                      Shrapnel
                                                      Eoghan104
                                                      Hitch
                                                      TheChamp87
                                                      LuckforSome
                                                      Struwwelpeter 1
                                                      Struwwelpeter 2
                                                      Coillcam
                                                      Wombatman

Comment

Team sent
                                                        money on the way by Revolut

Comment

Welcome to The 2021 IPB Master Sweep

• Please check that your entry is listed correctly.
                                                          • Please check that no selection rules have been broken by anyone.
                                                          • 11 Entrants. €150- up top. €70 for second.
                                                          • Best of luck all.
                                                          • Next update Friday morning.

Comment

Standings after Round 1. Please double check.

Cut I guess will be around +5 so still all to play for in terms of getting all your players through the cut. Almost impossible to win without all your players active at the weeked.

Fabulous round from Rose. Not surprising he wasn't selected as his form was awful. Can't see him hanging on.

Tough day for players all in all. Greens looking like Wimbledon center court on a Sunday. Expecting much the same today.

Great finish from Shane. COME ON!

Comment

that 9 on the 15th or 16th for Im was just puketastic

Comment

....Enoying the excel sheet layout- The scoring not so much...

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                  ....Enoying the excel sheet layout- The scoring not so much...
                                                                  Tell me about it......

Comment

Well that SP 1 and 2 and myself out Ffs. Useless Im ! Fucking useless !

Comment

Was thinking about this format and trying to find ways to enhance it for future events, as gutted that I'm already out after 2 days. 2 ideas that came to mind are :

1- drop one player after the cut. you still get the bad score rounds for day 1 and 2, but if you've picked really well for the other 3 you still have a slim chance to win.

2-if only one of your players misses the cut, you get to substitute him for one of the bottom 5 players after the cut for the last 2 rounds. Very unlikely you'll win, but still gives you something to fight for.

Really unlikely still to win but leaves you with a tiny chance to fight for.

Thoughts?

Comment

Was thinking about this format and trying to find ways to enhance it for future events, as gutted that I'm already out after 2 days. 2 ideas that came to mind are :

1- drop one player after the cut. you still get the bad score rounds for day 1 and 2, but if you've picked really well for the other 3 you still have a slim chance to win.

2-if only one of your players misses the cut, you get to substitute him for one of the bottom 5 players after the cut for the last 2 rounds. Very unlikely you'll win, but still gives you something to fight for.

Really unlikely still to win but leaves you with a tiny chance to fight for.

Thoughts?
                                                                        Option 1 sounds like a good idea. But maybe extend to five players?

Hope to do another one for The Open.

Comment

I feel I'm doing spectacular today. With Finau busting a gut and DeChambeau being a bit less sucky.

Comment

...I was going to make a joke that i'm actually club house leader- but I actually got one of my 4 players into the weekend, can't even do that right... I like the idea of Shrap of dropping a player after the weekend- It also adds a dimension if you get all players through, as which one do you drop?... Like the comp and excel sheet though...

Comment

#39
                                                                              Standings after Round 2. Please double check.

* Harrington Rule: Best cut player total score will be 296. That is the worst total score a weekend player will have even if they have a total meltdown.

Some entrants clearly sunk. Others with one cut player still have an outside chance of getting on podium.

Much better scoring yesterday. Outstanding performance from Bryson. Showing real signs he could become one of the greats of the game.

Sungjae Im. LOLZ. Beaten by Lyle and Woosnam. Still have mixed fallings about format changes. Part of me likes the idea of serious consequences if your players do sh1te, like the golf competition itself. Those cut can appreciate the feelings of the cut golfers, like DJ, who have to spend the weekend looking on, with dick in hand.

Today is moving day. Will have a good idea of who the likely contenders are tonight.

Enjoy the golf and the Zen of The Masters. Shane still in with a chance. COME ON!

Comment

#40
                                                                                Like how I got the red in there to complete The Masters colour scheme

Comment

#41
                                                                                  Thanks Wombat , it's a great format. Think I'm sunk both of my lads missed the cut by 1 late bogeys . funking hard for Speith but have Champ at a tasty 200 to 1 .

Good luck to the winners , sure tis the bragging rights

Comment

#42
                                                                                    I'd almost have it wrapped up if not for Homa being one shot on bloody wrong side of the cut line .

Surprised no one else went for JT as pick 1. I think he's gonna kick on today and will end up in a shootout vs Spieth.

Lowry is in with a good shout of a decent finish too, a little more luck in avoiding a couple of those doubles would have left him in contention. ​​​ Bryson is just a little too far back for me and I feel he'll struggle for position if he gets overly aggressive chasing the leaders.
                                                                                    ​​

Comment

#43
                                                                                      I am an idiot and can't work out what happens with cut players and all that. How are we looking going into the final day?

Comment

#44
                                                                                        Standings after Round 3. Please double check.

Looks like a straight shootout between Hitch and Eoghan, going into the final day. Coillcam with a slim chance of causing an upset if Hovland and JT go mad.

Will indomitable Bushido blades, flash in the setting sun, to deliver the first male Japanese Major winner, or might we witness harakiri from Hideki? Might a Gaijin break out of the chasing pack?

Who knows, but it is sure to be compelling viewing either way. Enjoy.
                                                                                        Last edited by Wombatman; 11-04-21, 10:38.

Comment

#45
                                                                                          Sweet. Billy seems like a bit of a loose cannon, so let's see on that.

Comment

#46
                                                                                            Hitch's chances now summed up by Billy........

Comment

#47
                                                                                              Hitch's chances now summed up by Billy........

Some collapse by all three of the four players I'd picked. Well done to whoever won and thanks for running! Up for the next one

Comment

#48
                                                                                                Final Standings. Please triple check.

*Harrington rule applied for Adam Scott.

Fair play to Eoghan104, Coillcam and Hideki. Deserved winners.
                                                                                                Hitch and Im will enter this years hall of shame.

Payouts will be sent later today barring a stewards enquiry.

Really enjoyed the 4 days of golf. Had Xander birdied the 16th they would have been level going down the last two. I never felt it was over until Hideki holed his last putt. His shot selection on 15 will be the subject of some debate.

See you in July for The Open sweep, all going well. The format will see a slight change, where a single alternate golfer may be selected up front, to swap in for your worst cut golfer.

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  Thank you wombat - Surprisingly interesting to follow!

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    LOL had the Winner and the third. Reckon I'd have won picking just about anyone other than Im or even if he had managed to miss the cut in a half normal fashion, and as for poxy Scott I managed to come up with the only player to need the Paddy H rule

Nice format, well done and thanks for running it.

Comment

#51
                                                                                                      Thanks a lot Wombat great craic.

Comment

#52
                                                                                                        Fair play Wombatman. Good craic following down the stretch. Xander was gutsy but just came up short (again), poor lad is Finau 2.0 but coming from that far back is a huge ask. Zalatoris laying down a marker and will be interesting to see if he kicks on.

Matsuyama gave us value for money on the back 9 for sure but absolutely a deserved winner.

Comment

#53
                                                                                                          thanks for running wombat, crazy to think that combination actually won it!

Comment

#54
                                                                                                            Winnings released. Congrats lads.

Comment

#55
                                                                                                              thanks for running wombat, crazy to think that combination actually won it!
                                                                                                              Yeah. We didn't fair too well. Run same sweep in work and winning combo scored 1138.
                                                                                                              Jordan Spieth 281 -7 Tyrrell Hatton 287 -1 Brian Harman 286 -2 Corey Conners 284 -4

Comment

#56
                                                                                                                Thanks for running

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                X