Aintree 2021 Tipping Comp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aintree 2021 Tipping Comp

Back by popular demand, after a covid hiatus in 2020 but, just like Tiger Roll, you can't keep a good tipping competition down.

Note this novelty twist!
    elbows, after his Cheltenham heroics, has kindly seeded the pot with €50. This will be used to fund two NAP competitions on Day 1 and 2. Simply nominate your NAP of the day with the word NAP (complicated, eh). The player with the biggest-priced winning NAP on Day 1 and 2 will then have a pony to punt on the Grand National itself.
    Who knows, there may be more novelty crap to suck you in.

The roll of honour to date:
    2015: Frossach romped home with €1,100
    2016: The Improver routed the field for €1,200
    2017: eoghan104's pet monkey threw enough faeces to puck a few winners, picking up his boss €1,250
    2018: the monkey poop struck again, netting eoghan104 €850.
    2019: New Approach took the scenic route to victory, picking up €1,100

T&Cs

1. €50 entry fee. Winner takes 100% of the prize pool. You must pay in advance via bank transfer (PM for details if you don't have already). Don't whinge about this, everyone has online banking these days.

You are only entered when your money hits my account. My account is with AIB so if your isn't, you should probably pay 3 workings days before the off to ensure entry. AIB to AIB should be instant.
    I will pay out the prizepool immediately following the Festival to your bank account.

2. You get 1,000 fantasy euro to wager on the upcoming Aintree festival (Note; this is from 8-10 April i.e. Thursday to Saturday. Winner is obviously the person with the largest fantasy 'bank' at the end of the week.

3. Max bet per race is 100 fantasy euro. Win or each-way bets only (no place only bets). Minimum bet per race is 20 fantasy euro. You do not have to bet in every race. You can back more than one horse in a single race (up to a total stake of 100 in that race) but multiple selections can only add up to 100 fantasy euro max in that race. No doubles\trebles etc.
    The Place portion of any Each Way bet will be paid at 1/4 the odds of the S.P., number of places paid to be as per the bookies rules on the race.

3. You must wager a minimum of 250 fantasy euro per day of racing (unless you start the day with less in your bank)

4. All bets for each day's racing must be nominated in this thread by 1pm on each day of racing. If you have not posted by then, you will be presumed to have placed no bets for that day. One post per entrant per day. You can edit your post up to 1pm as much as you like, any editing after 1pm will result in forfeit of 750 fantasy euro and your bets for that day being null and void.

5. All bets are at official starting prices.

6. All my decisions are final and any disagreement is pointless.

7. I will post an updated League table each evening after the day's racing.

8. If you select a horse that is subsequently declared a non-runner (and do not amend your post before 1pm), your stake is automatically transferred to the favourite in that race. In the case of joint or co-favourites, it will transfer to the horse with the lowest racecard number.

9. I am a generous old bollix so all races will be Double Result (i.e. FPP and RoR).

Happy punting.
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

In

Comment

In - sent money there
      His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

In. Will ship later tonight (along with the shippage of the unmentionable)
        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

A slow take-up so far, confirmed runners and riders being:
          1. elbows
          2. Hitch
          3. RD3

€150 in the pot...

Comment

In and sent, it'll probably be next week before you receive it

Comment

in obv
              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

1000 Bob sent

Comment

1. elbows
                  2. Hitch
                  3. RD3
                  4. Charlie Sheen

€200 in the pot...plus the Novelty NAPS notes

Comment

You forget anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                      You forget anyone?
                      cash hasn't showed yet, I'll check again tomorrow

Comment

money sent

Comment

1. elbows
                          2. Hitch
                          3. RD3
                          4. Charlie Sheen
                          5. Solksjaer

€250 in the pot...plus the Novelty NAPS notes

Comment

Inski

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                              Inski
                              of course you are, course form being crucial

Comment

Post Cheltenham elbows-inflicted traumatic stress disorder now dissipating, confirmed runners and riders starting to take shape:
                                1. elbows
                                2. Hitch
                                3. RD3
                                4. Charlie Sheen
                                5. Solksjaer
                                6. Shrapnel

€300 in the pot...plus the Novelty NAPS notes

Comment

Confirmed runners and riders starting to take shape:
                                  1. elbows
                                  2. Hitch
                                  3. RD3
                                  4. Charlie Sheen
                                  5. Solksjaer
                                  6. Shrapnel
                                  7. Eoghan104

€350 in the pot...plus the Novelty NAPS notes

Comment

Sent. Sorry thought I'd already done this
                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Sent

Comment

Confirmed runners and riders starting to take shape:
                                        1. elbows
                                        2. Hitch
                                        3. RD3
                                        4. Charlie Sheen
                                        5. Solksjaer
                                        6. Shrapnel
                                        7. Eoghan104
                                        8. Sitch

€400 in the pot...plus the Novelty NAPS notes.

More en route. I predict a deluge of last minute merchants.

Comment

In and Shipped. I'm AIB so you should have it there.

Comment

Confirmed runners and riders to date:
                                            1. elbows
                                            2. Hitch
                                            3. RD3
                                            4. Charlie Sheen
                                            5. Solksjaer
                                            6. Shrapnel
                                            7. Eoghan104
                                            8. Sitch
                                            9. Strewelpeter
                                            10. Dice
                                            11. Silver Tiger

€550 in the pot...plus the Novelty NAPS notes.

More en route. I predict a deluge of last minute merchants.

Comment

Remember to nominate your NAP on Day 1 and 2.

Comment

I'm ready to take this down.

Come at me Elbows .

Comment

Come at me Elbows .
                                                  Don't poke the bear

Comment

Tables....etc. You know what to do.

Comment

I'm ready to take this down.

Come at me Elbows .
                                                      I have no chance (bar 80/1 winner of the National that I have)
                                                      His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

R3 Native River 100 W
                                                        R4 Buveur D’air 100 W
                                                        R6 Sully D'Oc AA 100 W
                                                        I'm excluded from the Naps
                                                        Last edited by elbows; 07-04-21, 19:52.

Comment

R3 Clondaw Castle (NAP) 100 W
                                                          R4 Song For Someone 100 W
                                                          R5 Dashing Perk 100 W
                                                          R6 Grey Diamond 100 W
                                                          R7 Heartbreaker 100 W
                                                          Last edited by Dice75; 08-04-21, 08:23.

Comment

r1 umbrigado 100 w
                                                            r3 mister fisher - ( nap ) 100 w
                                                            r4 buveur dair 100 w
                                                            r5 tango de juilley 100 w
                                                            r6 moon over germany 100 w

Comment

A small but select field goes to post, Cheltenham exertions taking their toll:
                                                              1. elbows
                                                              2. Hitch
                                                              3. RD3
                                                              4. Charlie Sheen
                                                              5. Solksjaer
                                                              6. Shrapnel
                                                              7. Eoghan104
                                                              8. Sitch
                                                              9. Strewelpeter
                                                              10. Dice
                                                              11. Silver Tiger
                                                              12. Dead Parrot

600 in the pot...plus the Novelty NAPS notes.

Comment

Race Horse Stake Bet
                                                                R1 Fusil Raffles 100 W
                                                                R2 Monmiral 100 W
                                                                R3 Waiting Patiently NAP 100 W
                                                                R4 Abracadabras 100 W
                                                                R6 Destrier 100 W
                                                                R5 Latenightpass 60 W
                                                                Last edited by Raoul Duke III; 08-04-21, 12:00.

Comment

r1 the shunter 100 W
                                                                  r3 clondaw castle 100 W
                                                                  r4 buzz 50 W
                                                                  r5 sametegal 100 W
                                                                  r6 grey diamond (NAP) 100 W

Comment

edit: see post below. first attempt at table didn't work
                                                                    Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 07-04-21, 22:59.

Comment

R1 Hitman 100 W
                                                                      R2 Monmiral 100 W
                                                                      R3 Real Steel 100 W
                                                                      R4 Song for Someone 100 W
                                                                      R5 Dashing Perk (NAP) 100 W
                                                                      R6 Getaway Trump 100 W
                                                                      R7 Eileendover 100 W

Comment

Race Horse Stake Bet
                                                                        R1 Hitman 100 W
                                                                        R3 Mister Fisher NAP 100 W
                                                                        R4 Brewin'upastorm 100 W
                                                                        R6 Gaelik Coast 50 EW

Comment

R1 Eldorado Allen 100 W
                                                                          R3 Tiger Roll 100 W
                                                                          R4 Silver Streak 100 W
                                                                          R5 Mighty Stowaway 100 W
                                                                          R6 Editeur Du Gite (NAP) 100 W
                                                                          R7 Finest View 100 W
                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

...Make it a €650 pot and we got a deal ... Day 1 selections!!...
                                                                            Race Horse Stake Bet
                                                                            1 Protektorat 100 W
                                                                            3 Clan Des Obeaux 100 W
                                                                            4 Buveur Dair 100 W
                                                                            5 Federici 50 EW
                                                                            6 Moon Over Germany 100 W Nap

Comment

#39
                                                                              R1 The Shunter 100 W
                                                                              R3 Clondaw Castle 100 W
                                                                              R4 Brewin'upastorm (NAP) 100 W
                                                                              R5 Billaway 100 W
                                                                              R6 Ain't My Fault 100 W

Comment

#40
                                                                                R1 The Shunter 100 W
                                                                                R3 Clondaw Castle 100 W
                                                                                R4 Brewin'upastorm (NAP) 100 W
                                                                                R5 Billaway 100 W
                                                                                R6 Ain't My Fault 100 W
                                                                                I cant read that nap horses without singing the name ala the Wall brothers / the Stunning

Comment

#41
                                                                                  R2 John Locke NAP 100 w
                                                                                  R3 Clondaw Castle 100 w
                                                                                  R5 Cat Tiger 100 w
                                                                                  R7 Me Too Please 100 w
                                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

#42
                                                                                    Would be quite funny if Tiger Roll romped home by the width of the track.

1pm please...

Comment

#43
                                                                                      Going to stick my neck put here and say that
                                                                                      SPOILER
                                                                                      shraaap
                                                                                      is due.

Comment

#44
                                                                                        A small but select field goes to post, Cheltenham exertions taking their toll:
                                                                                        1. elbows
                                                                                        2. Hitch
                                                                                        3. RD3
                                                                                        4. Charlie Sheen
                                                                                        5. Solksjaer
                                                                                        6. Shrapnel
                                                                                        7. Eoghan104
                                                                                        8. Sitch
                                                                                        9. Strewelpeter
                                                                                        10. Dice
                                                                                        11. Silver Tiger
                                                                                        12. Dead Parrot
                                                                                        13. luckforsome....

€650 in the pot...plus the Novelty NAPS notes.

last minute supplemental entry for luckforsome, connections spotted the prize money on display and couldn't stop themselves...

Comment

#45
                                                                                          jesus I forgot all about this...

Comment

#46
                                                                                            R1 Protektorat 100 W
                                                                                            R3 Clan Des Obeaux Nap 100 W
                                                                                            R4 Song for Someone 100 W
                                                                                            R6 Zanza 100 W

Comment

#47
                                                                                              R1 Fusil Raffles 100 W
                                                                                              R2 Monmiral 100 W
                                                                                              R3 Tiger Roll 100 W
                                                                                              R4 Abracadabras 100 W
                                                                                              R5 Billaway(Nap) 100 W
                                                                                              R6 Moon Over Germany 100 W

Comment

#48
                                                                                                Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                jesus I forgot all about this...
                                                                                                That's not like you.

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  It'll be a strange renewal without old stagers like GAB, nicnic and rounders but sure we will press on. Those lads are well past their prime anyway and only good to be ridden down the field by a farmer's wife of a Sunday.

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    Here are today's NAPS nominations. Be fun if Mister Fisher wins.
                                                                                                    Runner Race Horse Stake Bet
                                                                                                    Dead Parrot R5 Billaway 100 W
                                                                                                    Eoghan104 R4 Brewin'upastorm 100 W
                                                                                                    Silver Tiger R3 Clan Des Obeaux 100 W
                                                                                                    Dice75 R3 Clondaw Castle 100 W
                                                                                                    Hitch R5 Dashing Perk 100 W
                                                                                                    The Situation R6 Editeur Du Gite 100 W
                                                                                                    shrapnel r6 grey diamond 100 W
                                                                                                    Strewelpeter R2 John Locke 100 w
                                                                                                    Charlie Sheen R3 Mister Fisher 100 W
                                                                                                    Solksjaer r3 mister fisher 100 w
                                                                                                    luckforsome R6 Moon Over Germany 100 W
                                                                                                    Raoul Duke III R3 Waiting Patiently 100 W

Comment

#51
                                                                                                      Locked and loaded, etc.

artworks-000113941312-be74wv-t500x500.jpg

Comment

#52
                                                                                                        Most playas are getting stuck into the first, with a wide divergence of opinion:
                                                                                                        The Situation R1 Eldorado Allen 100 W
                                                                                                        Dead Parrot R1 Fusil Raffles 100 W
                                                                                                        Raoul Duke III R1 Fusil Raffles 100 W
                                                                                                        Charlie Sheen R1 Hitman 100 W
                                                                                                        Hitch R1 Hitman 100 W
                                                                                                        luckforsome R1 Protektorat 100 W
                                                                                                        Silver Tiger R1 Protektorat 100 W
                                                                                                        Eoghan104 R1 The Shunter 100 W
                                                                                                        shrapnel r1 the shunter 100 W
                                                                                                        Solksjaer r1 umbrigado 100 w

Comment

#53
                                                                                                          Jesus I would have jumped those fences better than The Shunter and I'm a fat dope.

Comment

#54
                                                                                                            Jesus I would have jumped those fences better than The Shunter and I'm a fat dope.
                                                                                                            There is some truth in this statement

Comment

#55
                                                                                                              Silver Tiger and Luckfosome, justifying his supplementary entry, bound to the front with a nice winner:
                                                                                                              Silver Tiger 1,850
                                                                                                              luckforsome 1,850
                                                                                                              Strewelpeter 1,000
                                                                                                              Dice75 1,000
                                                                                                              elbows 1,000
                                                                                                              Dead Parrot 900
                                                                                                              shrapnel 900
                                                                                                              Eoghan104 900
                                                                                                              Solksjaer 900
                                                                                                              Hitch 900
                                                                                                              The Situation 900
                                                                                                              Charlie Sheen 900
                                                                                                              Raoul Duke III 900

Comment

#56
                                                                                                                Very little going on in our second race, unless John Locke enlightens sp:
                                                                                                                Strewelpeter R2 John Locke 100 w
                                                                                                                Dead Parrot R2 Monmiral 100 W
                                                                                                                Hitch R2 Monmiral 100 W
                                                                                                                Raoul Duke III R2 Monmiral 100 W

Comment

#57
                                                                                                                  Monmiral allows a few of us to get off the mark and tread water but Silver Tiger and Luckforsome wisely sat that one out and are serenely clear of the field:
                                                                                                                  Silver Tiger 1,850
                                                                                                                  luckforsome 1,850
                                                                                                                  Dice75 1,000
                                                                                                                  elbows 1,000
                                                                                                                  Dead Parrot 991
                                                                                                                  Hitch 991
                                                                                                                  Raoul Duke III 991
                                                                                                                  Solksjaer 900
                                                                                                                  The Situation 900
                                                                                                                  Strewelpeter 900
                                                                                                                  shrapnel 900
                                                                                                                  Eoghan104 900
                                                                                                                  Charlie Sheen 900

Comment

#58
                                                                                                                    Everyone's having bet in the bowl. Our leaders are in agreement however which could be bad news for the rest of us...
                                                                                                                    luckforsome R3 Clan Des Obeaux 100 W
                                                                                                                    Silver Tiger R3 Clan Des Obeaux 100 W
                                                                                                                    Eoghan104 R3 Clondaw Castle 100 W
                                                                                                                    shrapnel r3 clondaw castle 100 W
                                                                                                                    Strewelpeter R3 Clondaw Castle 100 w
                                                                                                                    Dice75 R3 Clondaw Castle 100 W
                                                                                                                    Charlie Sheen R3 Mister Fisher 100 W
                                                                                                                    Solksjaer r3 mister fisher 100 w
                                                                                                                    elbows R3 Native River 100 W
                                                                                                                    Hitch R3 Real Steel 100 W
                                                                                                                    Dead Parrot R3 Tiger Roll 100 W
                                                                                                                    The Situation R3 Tiger Roll 100 W
                                                                                                                    Raoul Duke III R3 Waiting Patiently 100 W

Comment

#59
                                                                                                                      Feel thats the win for the day over with. ty monmiral!

Comment

#60
                                                                                                                        The rich get richer and the rest of us might need to get out the elephant gun:
                                                                                                                        Silver Tiger 2,100
                                                                                                                        luckforsome 2,100
                                                                                                                        Dice75 900
                                                                                                                        elbows 900
                                                                                                                        Dead Parrot 891
                                                                                                                        Hitch 891
                                                                                                                        Raoul Duke III 891
                                                                                                                        Solksjaer 800
                                                                                                                        The Situation 800
                                                                                                                        Strewelpeter 800
                                                                                                                        shrapnel 800
                                                                                                                        Eoghan104 800
                                                                                                                        Charlie Sheen 800

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X